test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is there a 5378 mystery patch today?

imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
edited April 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Was playing the game, logged off and go no pre-push patch like you sometimes see when a big content drop is coming. One of my guild members mentioned he was greeted with a 2GB patch when he tried to log on today while the rest of the guild was running content. So to check I relogged and was greeted with a notice that there was a 5378MB patch. Did I miss a set of patch notes or the change to Wednesday for patches or is the new paradigm for pre-pushing patches without warning?

Imathil
(edited to correct patch size)

Best Answers

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Answer ✓
    No content or patches have been pushed to live. Yesterday we did push 64-bit support to Preview so anyone who has Preview installed would have received that patch. Today we are in the process of removing it so players with Preview may also see some downloads again.

Answers

• Options
    nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    1950 MB patch for me too. I don't have preview installed.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • Options
    dublin14dublin14 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    5378 mb patch here.
  • Options
    nofuture4u3nofuture4u3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    I played this afternoon and no patch was downloaded prior or after i left the game... Now i log in and have a mandatory cca 5gb patch to wait out before i can log in. Can You pls check again @nitocris83 if nothing was promoted to production [live] since it cannt be a coincidence... Thank You!
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    Just confirming the patch as it is downloading for me right now.

• Options
    moridin#4898 moridin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Same here I had a 1950 mb patch no preview installed
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Can confirm 2GB on live server here as well
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I just went to log in and I'm also having to wait while a 1950MB patch downloads and installs itself. While I do have Preview installed on this PC, I have the regular 'Neverwinter' option selected, not the 'NeverwinterPreview' or 'Owlbear' option buttons. Someone really needs to look into what is happening here >:)
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    The same patch I downloaded about two or three days ago to access Preview is now being patched for Live, while I accessed Live a few hours ago without having to patch.

edit: and by same patch I mean the same size. A little under 5.4 gig for me.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    1950mb, no preview. Clearly left hand and right hand are not in communication.
  • Options
    ggedamedggedamed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    The size of the patch depends probably on the "On-demand patching" setting.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I went to preview, got a big ptach (as expected), played with the 64-but stuff (and everything was fine). Then I went back to Live ... and guess what ... another huge patch. A good thing I have a gigabit fiber-optic connection going into my house ;)

It really looks like a mistake somewhere.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    imathil said:

No content or patches have been pushed to live. Yesterday we did push 64-bit support to Preview so anyone who has Preview installed would have received that patch. Today we are in the process of removing it so players with Preview may also see some downloads again.

And closing out the question when you are clearly in the wrong when the OP didn't accept the answer is just so screwed up!
    I don't think she closed that out. That was done automatically by the forum system (a pretty dumb system).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    1950 mb patch for live for me to.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    The first time she posted it didn't close it out, I was able to select the "no" option on whether it answered my question, second time it showed it as "accepted answer" without me even seeing it, that is not to say you are wront and this this forum software isn't the most screwed up I have dealt with...unfortunately everyone seems to be going to it.
  • Options
    draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    no preview here... man why im getting this 1950 patch too?

You guys really need to hire someone that knows what he/she is doing..