test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M13 Masterwork Professions Blog

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
A new developer blog is up! Check out the updates to Masterwork Professions coming in Lost City of Omu.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10778574

Comments

• voldiarvoldiar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have a problem when i finish the quest " Taking Credit" I dont recieve the quest of alchemy rank V.
  • soullesslordssoullesslords Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    the new professions is way to expensive and it's going to kill masterwork, not many can even do TONG to get resources not to mention the failure rate is ridiculous. it costs us millions of AD just to upgrade or professions if your trying to make an AD sink then this is not the way to do it.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Where are we going to store these new masterwork materials? The professions resource bag is already full.
  • cheeseboy67cheeseboy67 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i like cheese
    will the recipes be using only the new materials, or will the current mods materials be used as well? things like fartouch residuum manticore felt and leather. artisans enamel. if possible can you add a link to the new recipes
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

will the recipes be using only the new materials, or will the current mods materials be used as well? things like fartouch residuum manticore felt and leather. artisans enamel. if possible can you add a link to the new recipes

After the HAMSTER ouched residuum dissipated, the manticore felt much leather!

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    -slow clap-

I applaud and congratulate you on introducing more new content and what sounds like a really amazing story line....

That I and many others won't get to take part in or experience.

-sighs-

Just starting Masterwork professions is like trying to get your foot into an exclusive club. And this was said way back when Masterwork was introduced. That it was going to lock so many people out of doing this.
    Sure, you lowered the GH level required to start it... but for people in small guilds.. do you actually understand the amount of resources needed is? More importantly.... DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH FRIGGIN TIME IT TAKES!!!!!

When we asked for professions to be updated, this is not what everyone wanted.
    But you know what.... business people are going to do what business people are going to do. Neverwinter is not a "game" anymore, and hasn't been for a long time.

It's a product to exploit the masses. Or, second best, is a gambling mecca like Las Vegas or Atlantic City. When I got to run around and gamble on each and every little thing... when does a game cease to be a game?

I don't even consider myself a "player" of this "game" anymore. I look at myself as more of a "user" of a "system" ...nothing more.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am excited about it, yes MC has requirements and MC is expensive on some level, time or AD or other resource, but really it was not that hard if you approach it logically and plan ahead.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    May I offer a suggestion?

In order to work around the apparent (possibly unforeseen) blockage preventing unguilded players (and lowbie guilds) from obtaining Masterworks Professions 1 and 2, why not just enable recepies to have the BoP removed so they can be resellable by players on the Auction House?

Then tweak the Master of Coins' mission to recognize the Auction House purchase of the recepies as a fullfillment of mission parameters?
  • kobolt1kobolt1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    My wife says if I don't stop spending soooooo much money on this game she is going to leave me...true story brome-alone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mr. Universe: From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto, or it might be if I start having a motto. ~ Serenity

@Kobolt
    My DA Page
    The Legion
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    1.7 million Treasures of Tyranny and 780,000 Influence needed just to be able to start the privilege of having Master Crafts. Eh, maybe 2020 with our small guild.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Another congrats here for content I'll never see/use.

I was upset over not having access to mastercrafting at first. Now I'm glad I was never able to throw my money and effort away on it. Everyone needs to do themselves a big favor and forget mastercrafting exists. It's just an AD sink for people with more money than sense. By the next Mod, any advantage people would get from this will be gone, and many of them will just be 10's of millions of AD poorer.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    You've got DEVs working on new Masterwork features?

Any chance you can get them to fix up the class imbalance problems first?

The Nevewinter MMO dev design is still 3DPS + tank+ healer. That's what you have on the random queue for TONG. Obviously that's not working out. The 3 DPS for the latest content is absolutely not working.
    Even worse, when parties do select their their DPS character, the imbalance amongst the various DPS classes is so bad that one class is massively, massively preferred amongst all the DPS classes.
    It's all there in the TONG party composition and successful completion reports for the DEVs, and everyone else who regularly checks the TONG parties, to see.

This module, many have started playing non-preferred classes, just to play the latest content. Many others have simply stopped logging in, and many are giving you "one failed module" grace time to fix the problem before they just give up.

All the indications are that you'll fix the extent of the buff meta problem, but you've given no sign that you'll fix the massive imbalance that exists for DPS class favoritism. Now that you've delivered tough content, people are not just taking any DPS class to the latest content, and the imbalances are hurting the game badly.
    If you let this continue for another module, expect many more to just give up.

Any chance you can have the "Masterwork devs" help fix the DPS classes problem?

• sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    matthattr said:

I look forward to this expansion to content I will never see.

I too must +1 this statement

I love content locked behind a gate I will never breach..

Even though I have multiple characters with their crafting to L25, with every craft covered, because I don't belong to the exclusive country club large guild, I will never get past the well guarded, gold plated, be-spiked walls, to enjoy what the wealthy and well heeled get to do, rubbing elbows as they suck down rare vintage drinks and dine on exclusive rarities.

Like a penny-less waif, I can only glance in envy inwards at all the lovely things spread and available to the hoy paloy with my face plastered to the wall, eye peering through a HAMSTER hole.

I can't help but wonder, when will I too get a taste! Even the merest crumb from the banquet table of the exclusive? When will the servants to the rich and powerful, cast off in the streets the garbage, that I too may taste the merest sweet, even though second hand and near spoiled?

But alas. it falls to deaf ears once again...

Mayhap it must take a revolution of the unfortunate and deprived. Perhaps the rich and powerful will only hear when we are at their gates with torch and tine? Though we starve, let us eat cake indeed........

FAIL
    I'm in a GH 14, but in an alliance with a few GH 20's, so while I can't exactly say I feel your frustration @matthattr , I *can* say this is my favorite post on this forum ever. I just laughed my hamster off. Thank you.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    How about lowering the failure rate or taking my many-times-made suggestion and getting rid of failure entirely? Every MC task should require a certain number of points to complete. What is now the chacne of success would simply become the number of points that completing a task will contribute to success in a mastercrafting quest/learning a recipe. I have said it many time: The omnipresence of the RNG is the worst thing about Neverwinter. Take the RNG out of crafting. It is years past time.

How about lowering the failure rate or taking my many-times-made suggestion and getting rid of failure entirely? Every MC task should require a certain number of points to complete. What is now the chacne of success would simply become the number of points that completing a task will contribute to success in a mastercrafting quest/learning a recipe. I have said it many time: The omnipresence of the RNG is the worst thing about Neverwinter. Take the RNG out of crafting. It is years past time.

if everyone could do it. it wouldn't be mastercrafting
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I really don't understand why MW is only available for big guilds. Why are there a unlock at level 14 when all guild and players need it. is this just to help certain players make more ad
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User

if everyone could do it. it wouldn't be mastercrafting
    *snicker* What's "master" about being in a large guild? Other than slavery I mean?

You take the time and energy and materials to get the crafting skill to L25, then...umm nada. Nothing worth crafting or of any value, the only things you can make are so outdated and under powered it's not even laughable.

The next "tier" in *crafting*[read: material/time/currency sink] is...JOIN A GUILD...really? The skill of crafting is join a guild....oh not just any guild but a large guild.....wow. skill. join.

THEN gather posterior loads of materials, spend lots of time and spend lots of currency and...........roll virtual non-random simulated random dice and pray you are "lucky".

The only "master" to mastercrafting, as it currently stands, is mastering the skill not to slit your own throat, after finding out every hoop you just jumped through, is now made moot, by the new expansion making your "crafted" item obsolete.

Mastercrafting in this game is: Master Excavator=ditch digger, Master Hygienist = wiping your own rear, Master baiter = well that's kind of what you are doing crafting here...... :)
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    mynaam said:

I really don't understand why MW is only available for big guilds. Why are there a unlock at level 14 when all guild and players need it. is this just to help certain players make more ad

That was reduced some time ago, it is now GH10.