Install Arc
Options

M13 Masterwork Professions Blog

2»

Comments

• Options
    couze#3673 couze Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    matthattr said:

How about lowering the failure rate or taking my many-times-made suggestion and getting rid of failure entirely? Every MC task should require a certain number of points to complete. What is now the chacne of success would simply become the number of points that completing a task will contribute to success in a mastercrafting quest/learning a recipe. I have said it many time: The omnipresence of the RNG is the worst thing about Neverwinter. Take the RNG out of crafting. It is years past time.

if everyone could do it. it wouldn't be mastercrafting
    *snicker* What's "master" about being in a large guild? Other than slavery I mean?

You take the time and energy and materials to get the crafting skill to L25, then...umm nada. Nothing worth crafting or of any value, the only things you can make are so outdated and under powered it's not even laughable.
    So how would you make it more accessible? You do not have to be in a large guild at all, that is just an opinion based upon your resource capacity or your willingness to spend said resources at risk. You and your friends/guildies put more effort into your character progession in an inefficient matter most likely to find out later you overlooked a very important detail. That detail was teamwork. Masterworks is all about conscious efforts to work united as a team to build your guild/alliance effectively and efficiently. The SH boons give you the value of 8 rank 14 enchants each at rank 10 previously 11.5 rank 12s. so at one point you could gain 16000 offensive and defensive stats for every @PSN ID in your guild. Every alt of yours benefits the same. Most players having 3 alts to pump daily SH resources to get GMS Can build rank 14 in 4 months, by just doing SH dailies and campaigns in that time period with under 30 members actively playing the game. Here we are even on the latest PS4 edition 1 year and 6 months later, your guild cannot participate in masterworks? Boohoo. I certainly was not in a large guild when I first started masterworks and it was expensive because there were no vendors to guarantee certain task completions at the expense of GMS.

The key is coordination, planning, and execution.
    To cut costs 6 of us took different paths. I was the Master weaponsmith/Articifer. We all helped eachother unlock the necessary tasks and invested our AD to reach the next level. All my friends burned out of crafting due to the scarcity and competition there was with legendary tools. I ignored the risks and kept pushing because I was stubborn. Mass gifting and farming every event, I freely acquired 8 gond tools that were bound to 8 different toons and shortly after we got 11b... Vendors+white tools on alts=mass productivity of certain key elements. (dark lacquer,gold wire, adamant ingots, etc.) All i had to do was secure a plethora of GMs as fast as humanly possible. There, I forged the campaign to spend every AD I ever made in the game, strip my 5 characters and open as many lockboxes as humanly possible to get said GMs. I calculated a method that would surge me to the frontlines of mastercrafting on NWPS4 and that was through lending a helping hand to hordes of people who couldn't do it on their own. While yes it cost me 100s of millions of AD to secure my position, I certainly have cycled through billions and every guild/alliance I have been a part of has reaped its reward. I am happy with my efforts thus far and look to recouping my initial investment soon
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    The biggest problem with masterworks proffesions:
    Yes it is END GAME proffesion BUT it is supposed to be charactor end game NOT guild end game ,and that is a major problem.
    It means you cant benefit from proffesion resources to earn AD unless you are in a rank14 guild,yes it is still rank14 i just tested on preview and the red rouge and tanner's liquor etc from temp vendors still need a rank 14 guild to buy them.
    So the very incentive to donate to a guild coffer to level it up ...doesnt start till the guild is already leveled up.And aside from mastercraft resources there is literaly nothing to spend guild marks on ,the BOP gear is obsolete and is not even usefull for alts,the furniture is pointless cuase it doesnt sell on AH since noone will buy it.
    People in low rank guilds ARE NOT low item level!
    Masterworks is a great way for players to earn some extra AD from donating to thier guild coffer and as such needs to be availiable regardless of the guild level,further more since the proffesions are end game proffesions and are very sensibly very difficult to unlock the quests to start the various levels of mastercrafting should also be avaliable regardless of Guild rank.
    In this way players can pick away at masterworks over an extended time and NOT be forced to leave a guild just because it is too low a rank and not very active.
    Completing each stage requires vast amounts of resources which require vast amounts of guild marks to do it free,which means donating to the guild coffer over a period of more than a year.
    That in turn levels up the guild,but the way it is set up currently you have to level up the guild first ...with nothing to use guild marks on,and THEN do masterworks after the guild is leveled up.
    That just makes ZERO sense.
    REMOVE the guild rank requirement to pick up masterworks quests,and remove the guild rank requirement to buy masterworks resources.and make explorers maps avaliable at a much lower rank.
    Currently a guild has to be rank 6 just to have the coffer capacity to build ONE masterworks temp vendor
    and then cant use it cuase you can only buy red rouge and coke,tanners's liquor etc from a rank 14 guild ,and the other items like gold ingots etc you have to complete masterworks to be able to buy them ...but cant get the recipies till the guild is rank 10!! that makes no sense either.

Masterworks is the end game proffesion for the CHARACTOR so please remove the guild rank gateway which serves no purpose and completely counter productive.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2018

I look forward to this expansion to content I will never see.

I'd like very much to get into Mastercraft II but only one character has a Gond Artifact and it will be a long while before it makes Mythic. Sadly like many things most are rewarded for having 25 to 50 character's they rarely if ever play except for doing Celestial or Leadership Army duty.

I just wish they'd at least consider expanding personalized gear to more professions at 25; maybe add Engraved Gear at 435/450 (Purple) for Mastercraft I to encourage more advancing even if slowly. At the very least as new mastercraft levels are introduced like IV and V perhaps making it easier to grow into at least Mastercraft II then in time Mastercraft III - so everyone grows even if not at pace with the Dragons?
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    bronto111 said:

Masterworks is the end game proffesion for the CHARACTOR so please remove the guild rank gateway which serves no purpose and completely counter productive.

This was one of the things that irked me most about how Masterworks were introduced. To me, professions were always inherently a solo activity, based on your character's own ability. Heck, the very structure of it with workers puts you as the boss directing your own hirelings. To me, professions were the one thing that had the absolute LEAST to do with other players.

I've played actual D&D for a very long time, and when I've made magic items, I go find out what is needed to do it, go collect the materials (killing and stealing and maybe doing a couple favors in the process), and then make it. I've never had to go join a guild or organization to do it. Maybe that's just because if some in-game organization demanded I do, my DMs over the years knew I'd rather systematically destroy the entire organization before being press-ganged into it, even if it meant an alignment shift. Or maybe it's just because none of those DMs were that inane.

Actually, looking back on it now, I wished I *had* been put in that situation to have an excuse to do just that... *scribbles a note to current DM of my 1st edition magic user*
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User

You've got DEVs working on new Masterwork features?

Any chance you can get them to fix up the class imbalance problems first?

The Nevewinter MMO dev design is still 3DPS + tank+ healer. That's what you have on the random queue for TONG. Obviously that's not working out. The 3 DPS for the latest content is absolutely not working.
    Even worse, when parties do select their their DPS character, the imbalance amongst the various DPS classes is so bad that one class is massively, massively preferred amongst all the DPS classes.
    It's all there in the TONG party composition and successful completion reports for the DEVs, and everyone else who regularly checks the TONG parties, to see.

This module, many have started playing non-preferred classes, just to play the latest content. Many others have simply stopped logging in, and many are giving you "one failed module" grace time to fix the problem before they just give up.

All the indications are that you'll fix the extent of the buff meta problem, but you've given no sign that you'll fix the massive imbalance that exists for DPS class favoritism. Now that you've delivered tough content, people are not just taking any DPS class to the latest content, and the imbalances are hurting the game badly.
    If you let this continue for another module, expect many more to just give up.

Any chance you can have the "Masterwork devs" help fix the DPS classes problem?

End game content can be done with 3 DPS + tank + healer, I have done it. I completely ToNG with 1 OP, 1 DC, 1 CW, 1 GWF, and 1 HR(me) and it went just fine. I do think the CW was a MOF so that's buff/debuff but it's still a "dps" class. You don't need 2 DCs for end game content though as long as the 1 DC you do have knows what they are doing. I think this whole 2 DC thing is caused by the fact that if you use only 1 and that DC doesn't know how to play their class it sinks the entire party due to no support so using 2 makes this less likely. Using 2 might also theoretically lead to a faster more efficient run if you are going for speed runs, but it's not required for a smooth complete run.

As far as masterwork goes, yeah I wish it didn't require a high level guild. As stated not all small/low-level guilds consist of low IL characters. I'm a 13.9k HR and my guild is only level 6 at the moment, though we are making progress.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    It is also hidden behind their execrable RNG, I tried to get some professions MC3-MC4, I was 5 out of 13 at an alleged 75% at one stage although it did get better, I'm 24/37, but that includes a 13 straight successes run.

ALso for the love of all that's holy don't cause the REALLY expensive ingredient to disappear on a fail when you adjust what goes into the wizard/warlock/cleric weapons, give us the fartouched residuum back, the cost of failure is nearly as high as it was before, it's only cheaper if you succeed, and with this RNG ...
  • Options
    transzendenztranszendenz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Please give us more inventory space in the professions bag.