test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: M13 Scourge Warlock Changes

Comments

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Fury:
    Daughter's Promise: The damage dealt from this power now scales with power/buffs
    Critical Promise: The damage dealt from this power now scales with power/buffs
    Critical Promise: Damage reduced to 4/8/12/16/20% (down from 10/20/30/40/50%)
    Killing Curse: The damage dealt from this power now scales with power/buffs
    Killing Curse: Damage increased to 5/10/15/20/25% (up from 3/6/9/12/15%)
    Killing Curse: Fixed an issue where this feat was dealing less damage than intended

Damnation:
    Ghastly Commander: Damage increased to 3/6/9/12/15% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%)
    Ghastly Commander: Lifesteal Chance increased to 1/2/3/4/5% (up from 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6/2.0%)

Temptation:
    Dark Revelry: This buff can now be refreshed while active
    Aura of Cruelty: Now also grants 10% Life Steal Severity
    Aura of Despair: Now also causes enemies to take 5% increased damage
    Darkness: Now causes enemies to take 10% increased damage from you
    Darkness: Tooltip updated to mention Harrowstorm (functionality unchanged)
    Eldritch Momentum: This feat has been reworked and now triggers when a daily power is used
    Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, 3/6/9/12/15% of your stamina when a daily is used
    Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, Combat Advantage for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds
    Soul Bonding: Now passively grants 10% Life Steal Chance
    Soul Bonding: Now causes Warlock's Bargain to heal nearby allies for the full amount
    Hi there.

Firstly from your whole thread I can say, there are 2 things.
    1) good that staff at least doing something with warlock problems. Also I like that it would be in mod 13, and we have time till it;s release.
    2) No offense but you need research more about templock and warlock in general.. Before doing reworks, better start thread(therorycrafting) to argue what changes important, whats not, what you can do, and what can't be done. In other words, we need hear, what changes you plan add and so one.. In this part, more heads, sometimes is better than 1.. :)

When I mentioned that you need to do some checkings. I had in mind about boosting life steal.

Templock(Temptation SW), already have decent healing, and to buff it more is nonsense. It's like spill 20 gallons watter in to ocean and hope that it's level will rise by 20 feet(naive).

When comes healing, temlocks only weakness is that if there is no target to hit and leech HP, you can't heal neither yourself, neither allies. While DC and OP do not suffer such problems, plus DC and OP can stay outside of fight in certain distance and heal party. While templock must engage in fight.

Also, unlike DC and Op, who can go full power build and have high( non reduced) healing. Templock must build up decent life steal, decent power and decent resist ignorance. If your LS will be low, obviously not much of healing you will have.
    Low power = low dps, means low healing. Low Resist ignorance, means your dealt hit got adjusted by enemies DR factor, which lead also lower dealt dmg and which is lower healing.
    So for templock I have to keep 3 factors high. While DC and OP don't.

But in general templocks healing still OK, and I don't think it's need extra buffing.

=================================================
    Soul Bonding - warlock bargain .

Well this part is interesting. Firstly you mentioned that you reworked so all dealt dmg by WB now heals allies.. Wait, isn't WB worked in that way all time? Last time I checked, Older SoulBonding(current in live server), only adjust AoE powers. So they are 30% effective. while single target powers heal with all it's dealt dmg,?
    Also this your chance kills any meaning to use Vampiric embrace.
    It was good encounter for quick, burst healing, regardless your Life steal. And if player had/have lower LS it was also one of best way to heal allies.
    With your rework, well Bye bye vampiric embrace...

Suggestion:
    Vampiric embrace: Remove Temp HP
    Add: when hitting cursed enemy with vampiric embrace in additionally to restore HP, provide temporal power/crit/ARp increase for ~5s.
    Due it's low dmg output, it will not be killer encounter, but more as additional tool within templocks arsenal.
    ============================================================

Aura of Cruelty: Now also grants 10% Life Steal Severity

With cold face I can say, waste of time. 5% Life steal chance + 10% severity.. If you think players in group would notice this change, then you are kinda naive. Unlike oder mods, there is no more Glasscanons, where players had to choose either high defensive values or high life steal. Now players have high defensive stats and decent life steal. Or opposite.

And on top, templock itself heal allies within this aura effect area. And mostly allies will not even notice if they had such aura effect or not. .

========================================

Aura of Despair: Now also causes enemies to take 5% increased damage
    So, 5% dmg reduction + 5% dmg increase toward enemies.. Interesting. but thats also bring situation, that SW must stay in center of fight.. And templock is not tank.

But also Would say,, it's best rework from whole list for templock.

===================================================

Darkness: Now causes enemies to take 10% increased damage from you
    Darkness: Tooltip updated to mention Harrowstorm (functionality unchanged)

Firstly, No one will use harrwstorm..
    It's slow casting, can't buff it's dmg with curse, because it's instantly cancel encounter to and trigger CC effect.
    If prime target killed encounter got canceled, besides Blades of Vanquished Armies provide 20% deflect when power is in use.

So lets not be naive here OK? Don't bother with harrowstorm.

AS for Darkness extra effect to increase dmg toward BoVa affected targets is nice idea. But, remember that templock is more support not dps tree. Our role is mostly support allies not just boost up own capabilities, these stuffs should come in same way as allies get. So templocks abilities should not just buff allies, but himself. So it would beneficial for solo or group playing.

================================

Eldritch Momentum: This feat has been reworked and now triggers when a daily power is used
    Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, 3/6/9/12/15% of your stamina when a daily is used
    Eldritch Momentum: Now gives you, and nearby allies, Combat Advantage for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds

Sigh... This thing is bad.

Firstly. There where 2 type templocks.
    1) offtank - Bova + darkness - due BoVa hits with each blade and triggering life steal and healing yourself and allies. And also due darkness debuff you are able stay right near tanks. You are not afraid to get in middle of large group enemies.

2) mobile/agile - The build which utilized Eldritch Momentum. Which gameplay where, dodge, hit > dodge hit.
    So stamina was keystone of such build, and only Eldritch Momentum. where able to provide such thing..
    With rework. such thing as mobile templock is gone.

next.

Eldritch Momentum. - add combat advantage - once players reach 1200 CA, there no need get more,, testers already noted that after debuff/buff rework, CA become almost worthless.
    Eldritch Momentum. - gives ~15% of max stamina. ( joking?)

And biggest thing<< now to get stamina, and CA you just need to use daily power.. This whole change is like offer warlock jump from higher clif in pit of traps.. < Don't think anyone will use this feat...

==============================================

Damnation -- well I haven't played with this build within live server.. But had checked its capabilities within preview..
    The answer is simple. You Do not control Soul puppet as I want, so it's kinda annoying..

And next, why the heck we have 1 soul puppet in first place?? why not 2? It would boost up performance in multi target fights.

Also, merge Pillar of power with current Power of nine h3lls feat.. And feat itself rework

Power of nine H3lls:
    A) Soul Puppet/wrath - by hitting enemies, soul puppet/wrath have chance to cast aura of hellish influence, boost up allies dmg output by x percentage ...

B) Soul puppet/wrath by hitting enemies have chance to provide random buff (Control wizard Chaos feat mechanic but lesser version).

=========================

As fury, lets be straight to point. There is too many depending on curse. 3 feats require curse. Brutal and killing one, buff curse itself, while Offering to the Prisoner require to kill cursed target..
    And since curse is up to 3 targets, lead to fact that fury SW have max 70% dmg if attack non cursed target.. In boss fight, maybe OK< but when facing groups of enemies, it's become TAB key torment. And this is one of reason why fury lags behind.

Next, well this party is maybe other warlock would not like.

Personally I would like to remove Creeping Death feat.. And replace with something which would empower warlock himself. Rather applying DoT toward enemies..

And Creeping death DoT offload to Deadly Curse class feature.. So it would provide DoT effect if attacking enemies with own powers...

Here is my review in current changes + my couple thoughts and ideas...
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    rjc9000 said:

I'm not a SW, but I think that some changes are better than none...

Fury:
    Daughter's Promise: The damage dealt from this power now scales with power/buffs

In the name of laziness efficiency, do you know off the top of your head if these will scale with the Soul Sight Crystal in Mod13?
    The problem is, with some feats being mandatory, there's little to no room (except for critical proomise) to take those buffed ones that will scale with buffs and power, if taking them, best case scenario would be dealing as much dps as with "traditional" feats" or a bit more so those mod 13 changes won't change much if anything as SW will continue to be the weakest class.

It surprised me @balanced didn't buff PoP, Hellish Rebuke, Soulscorch, Brutal Curse and Executioner's Gift, now that would have been quite a change that would have brought noticeable perfomance changes for the class, this is why such tweaks should be done with the community and testers instead of getting random powers to get buffed without actually addressing the class weaknesses like long casting times, long cooldowns, meh damage and nothing the class really excells at as it gets smoked at virtually everything relevant by others.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    The temptlock rework is meh. What we need is more party buffs and better mitigation. I suggested an aura transforming instant damage into a DoT over 4 seconds as a mitigation method for example.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    @balanced#2849

What is your opinion on our feedback? The issues of the 3 SW specs were not addressed.

@balanced#2849

What is your opinion on our feedback? The issues of the 3 SW specs were not addressed.

I hope mine comment where not too spicy, and not too messy. Wrote whole post in rush, while where in my work.. :)
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I'd like instead of our warlocks curse mechanic we have a self buff instead we can start up more quickly also can flames of empowerment be stacks on ourselves to do more damage instead, as a debuff its affected by the debuff scaling of mod 12 i believe, pillar of power as an encounter deals alot less damage than an atwill but is madatory if ur a hellbringer add in that our main paragons at will doesnt stack and is a a dot that is applied to 1 target per cast instead of an aoe effect i and our dot capstone as fury are a few reasons y we are under preforming. Maybe we can have a capstone that does more burst or apply over a shorter duration...
    edited October 2017
    etelgrin said:

Suggestion:

Add: when hitting cursed enemy with vampiric embrace in additionally to restore HP, provide temporal power/crit/ARp increase for ~5s.
    Due it's low dmg output, it will not be killer encounter, but more as additional tool within templocks arsenal.

Im glad bloody is not responsible for reworking SW cause we would end in a disaster, what even kind of advice this is? Instead I would suggest putting 300% temp shield on the caster and perhaps some shielding on the nearby allies. OPs have powers like this, they sustain because of it, if you take down the temp shields, how would you otherwise survive swarm of mobs when you effectively generate aggro with both healing and damage, try putting into your SW lightning and you have every possible mob focused on you, on t3 content you will simply die.
    I am glad that you are not responsible for SW rework either. Because if you look to your own proposed change.
    300% Temp HP. Do you intend to make warlock high offtank stiker?
    Also do you even though how it will look from other non SW players view point? Warlock primary role is striker/dmg dealer. And only due feats, allow to support/aid allies. It's not ment to tank in first place.

Also look to how comical situation would be if you would face SW within pvp. He use VE and gets 300% Temp HP. Even if you by some chance took 280% of it. He cast VE and he again have 300% temp HP. Now, think about 2 warlocks within pvp.... It's just nonsense.

Pointing, That by using lightning enchantment you get all enemies/monsters attention within FBI? The quetion where is tank?
    Or better case, is when Fernuu did FBI run as templock without tank. Check video, and you will see, it's was not like he was dying on every corner.

My proposal where just for templock. Also trade of is kinda fair. You using VE encounter instead dps or CC one. But due VE effect providing buffs, and now add soul bonding feat.. means all allies around warlock will get it. It would be as massive Divine glow buff. or Forgemaster's Flame.

While Damage reduction comes from Compound soul,(this idea I have wrote some time ago ir warlocks forum.).

Anyways.. If you think you are better. Go ahead. Try compile suggestions toward warlock reworks. But just to remind you one thing. rework and balancing is not just to making warlock overpowered.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• shiva#4006 shiva Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Shooting out of the blue here, but it would be good if arms of hadar will not have any charges anymore, boosting damage of warlock in general, what are your thoughts
  • fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I think Aura of Despair should be buffed to reduce enemy damage by 25% or even more, because its the SWs only tool(I´m aware of) to protect his/her party from multiple opponents, and help reduce the damage they take from the one-shot range into healable range.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited October 2017

etelgrin said:

Suggestion:

Im glad bloody is not responsible for reworking SW cause we would end in a disaster, what even kind of advice this is? Instead I would suggest putting 300% temp shield on the caster and perhaps some shielding on the nearby allies. OPs have powers like this, they sustain because of it, if you take down the temp shields, how would you otherwise survive swarm of mobs when you effectively generate aggro with both healing and damage, try putting into your SW lightning and you have every possible mob focused on you, on t3 content you will simply die.
    I am glad that you are not responsible for SW rework either. Because if you look to your own proposed change.
    300% Temp HP. Do you intend to make warlock high offtank stiker?
    Also do you even though how it will look from other non SW players view point? Warlock primary role is striker/dmg dealer. And only due feats, allow to support/aid allies. It's not ment to tank in first place.

Also look to how comical situation would be if you would face SW within pvp. He use VE and gets 300% Temp HP. Even if you by some chance took 280% of it. He cast VE and he again have 300% temp HP. Now, think about 2 warlocks within pvp.... It's just nonsense.

Pointing, That by using lightning enchantment you get all enemies/monsters attention within FBI? The quetion where is tank?
    Or better case, is when Fernuu did FBI run as templock without tank. Check video, and you will see, it's was not like he was dying on every corner.

My proposal where just for templock. Also trade of is kinda fair. You using VE encounter instead dps or CC one. But due VE effect providing buffs, and now add soul bonding feat.. means all allies around warlock will get it. It would be as massive Divine glow buff. or Forgemaster's Flame.

While Damage reduction comes from Compound soul,(this idea I have wrote some time ago ir warlocks forum.).

Anyways.. If you think you are better. Go ahead. Try compile suggestions toward warlock reworks. But just to remind you one thing. rework and balancing is not just to making warlock overpowered.
    Did you even read everything you wrote there ?
    Look at the current warlock on pc now... its D.E.A.D.
    So many things broken, so many things nerfed, so many slow and long casting encounter powers, very low dps compared to other striker classes, very bad healing/buffs/debuffs/tanking compared with other support.
    Hr can be trapper or dps.
    Tr can be stunner or dps.
    Op can be healer + dps or Tank + dps
    Gf can be full tank or dps or both.
    Dc can be healer/tank or dps
    so what about SW ? Sw can't be tank or dps ? Well atm sw is nothing.. can't heal,buff,debuff,tank or dps yet you're saying sw shouldn't be overpowered LOL... lets look at other classes atm.. they are overpowered AF !! I am talking about Op, Gf, Hr and Tr. So you're cool other classes are overpowered and broken ( in a good way ) and SW underpowered and broken (in a bad way ) LOL
    You're talking about sw need to be balanced? Its already been balanced.. AKA nerfed to the ground lmao... there is nothing left to be balanced. All we need is being buffed and have all our broken stuff/things fixed asap ! No 1 will wait until release of mod 13 anyway.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• mumidonmumidon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Warlocks relayed on the crit chance are dead. I never used the cube so didn't worry about its nerf but 12b affected everybody. No damage at all and is miserable until 12th stones on a companion. I don't have a time to research what you did but it looks like debuffes from encounters do not affect other SW in a party and SW doesn't get crit buffs from teammates too. Was very mad to see how me and other SW were as chickens in folly yesterday. Spent a lot of time just to kill one pack of mobs. What to do for people until M13? Who can't get up gear so fast or who started from the scratch.
    I remember the M6's nerf but now it's really over. The whole SW mechanic looks broken.
    Asked the support what happened with Vampiric embrace and have not got any answer while a month or more. Yes, Vampiric embrace doesn't give temporary hit points anymore. But it is one of the best option in case with a weak tank or for solo for example.

• locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    SW's shouldn't even be in the game ahead of Bards. Were SW's made before Bards in the original PnP game?
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    This makes me happy for the SW's in the game... but my heart still hurts for the forgotten and unloved TR's
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

I'm not a SW, but I think that some changes are better than none...

Fury:

In the name of laziness efficiency, do you know off the top of your head if these will scale with the Soul Sight Crystal in Mod13?
    The problem is, with some feats being mandatory, there's little to no room (except for critical proomise) to take those buffed ones that will scale with buffs and power, if taking them, best case scenario would be dealing as much dps as with "traditional" feats" or a bit more so those mod 13 changes won't change much if anything as SW will continue to be the weakest class.

It surprised me @balanced didn't buff PoP, Hellish Rebuke, Soulscorch, Brutal Curse and Executioner's Gift, now that would have been quite a change that would have brought noticeable perfomance changes for the class, this is why such tweaks should be done with the community and testers instead of getting random powers to get buffed without actually addressing the class weaknesses like long casting times, long cooldowns, meh damage and nothing the class really excells at as it gets smoked at virtually everything relevant by others.
    Exactly what I came back here to write about.

Critical promise is the only one of those that you have a reason to take so you can progress further up the tree.
    Even if you do full fury, the only kinda useless feat you have to pick is critical promise, then you have to make choices between the currently not useless ones (killing curse and daughter's promise have absolutely no reason to be picked up at the moment).
    So in order to pick the new buffed feats, you'd have to drop some of the useful ones. Unless these fixed ones are tremendously better than the usable ones we have now, this change will produce no gain at all, aside from the critical promise buff, which we don't even know if it will be that much, since you buff at one end and nerf on the other.

It's like on the major rework after mod 9 when they increased the damage of parting blasphemy from (can't recall the exact amount) *10% of weapon damage to 50% weapon damage, but removed major sources of curse consume, like dreadtheft, so in the end it was standing at the same position in ACT logs.

Just came to me right now. They could bring back the old dreatheft, which you could stack to maximum even on single targets, and the old Hadar's Grasp that provided a debuff (which the dev at the time said was a useless debuff. Was it really?).
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    or the old TT mechanic...
    ravenskya said:

This makes me happy for the SW's in the game...

Why? The announced changes do virtually nothing as they either make SW weaker or picking those buffed feats would leave us with similar damage outputs and that's being optimistic. To put you in context, imagine that one of the exe TR feats based on enemy HP got nerfed to the ground, the other one got buffed by a decent amount then a random an unused scoundrel feat got a slight increase in whatever its bonus/etc is... the outcome? TR is in a similar spot, could be slightly weaker or a little bit better but that doesn't address the state of the class.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I am happy that their giving us some attention than more nerfs, but tbh its very.... well we got a patron system in 12b....
  • Please give Damnation some love, it was my favourite build because I adore pet classes but after the fixes it's pretty much a liability in every way if you decide to play it in group content, so much so that I gradually started to drift away from the game. It's been about half a year since I've last played, but if you were to buff or make changes to Damnation to make it a good choice to play again I'd come back.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    SO many underpowered, broken, long cast time encounters and feats, etc. If I were devs I would just do a base dmg buff and call it a day until they are really prepared to deal with it so irate long time players like me don't blow our lids and fly the coop.

Just cast BoVa for example and see how OP the ranged curse mechanic is where is flings daggers at another player for like 200 damage each. One of many, many examples of general pathetic gimpness.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• random1selfrandom1self Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Our primary attribute is CHA because of the soul puppet mechanic, but damnation is the only route that makes use of the soul puppet. Either CON needs to be our primary stat since it boosts our damage, or CHA should boost our damage and CON boost our crit chance allowing us to get a 30 on our primary attribute similar to a GWF with 30 STR with the demonlord set.I'd personally prefer it stay on CON because the extra health from CON helpful when solo questing. Then there's the CON buff from the demonlord set.

To help SB keep up with HB and their PoP, enemies inside BoVA range should have lower DR and Parting Blasphemy give a non stacking damage boost. The de/buff numbers matching the de/buffs that PoP gives. PB buff shouldn't stack but each time is proc'ed, refresh the up time similar to Hellish Rebuke.

Lesser curse should get the full benefit of warlocks curse with a stacking buff with warlocks curse. With PoP criting now, HB/PoP and SB/BoVA can use ACC as an auto curse to help our game play flow more naturally but still rewarding us my manually cursing the more important targets. If need be, remove the DoT effect of Lesser Curse.

Get rid of the DoT effect of Creeping Death and replace it with a cap stone similar to a GWF's. Enemies struck while under any curse take an additional 5% damage up to 10 stacks of CD (numbers ripped straight from GWF cap stone, so adjust as needed). Warlocks with high crit and PoP/BoVA/ACC will be spread LC like wild fire making it easy to take advantage of the cap stone. Instead of even more smaller ticks of DoT, it'll make our current ticks of damage do more.

Replace Killing Curse from fury tree with something similar to Ghastly Commander from the damnation tree? If you don't have a soul puppet summoned do 10% more damage.

Harrowstorm should work like Wraths Shadow. The Knock up should happen when the power is reactivated, not when the target is cursed after initial casting. Having it as is makes the power useless, specially for a SB spamming SS. Or get rid of the knock up and give it an AoE burst matching Fiery Bolt. No knock backs because that'll keep it useless.

And yes, our attack animations are way too long and our cool down's need to be looked at. Specially things like SS where I lose 6 sparks attacking an enemy that died during the animation.

I'm all for anything that helps our game play smoother. Right now we need to curse and/or build up soul sparks before can do much while every other class jumps in and just self buff or auto buff. CW's have Chilling Presence and Arcane Mastery. GWF's have an AoE mark, class features that buff by just attacking, hidden daggers to buff melee attacks, WMS that reduces the mitigation of at-wills (and encounters if you feat for it) then their cap stone just gives then a damage bonus while attacking while using Unstoppable. Then bonus power from defense, recovery and arm pen? Oi.

Sorry for rambling :)
This discussion has been closed.