test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When the tyranny of RNG, lottery grand prize win, for Rings will end ?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited October 2017

greywynd said:

Preaching to the choir about the corpse gifts. I rarely see any.

Oh... My... Gawd... Becky!!! Did you, like, hear?!? Some toon ran, like, eLOL? And, when they, like, killed the dragon? They ran under the dragon's wing, right? And they found, like, an epic artifact there? Bodacious!!! They took, like, a screen shot and everything!!! We should, like, totally run that, like, right now?!?! K thanks, bye!!! as HAMSTER if!

greywynd said:

No. Some toon ran CN. No drops from the beholder, Cthulhu, or Orcus. On the other hand the chests were most rewarding.

This is me after 4 hours in TONG and receiving a rank 8 silver at the end as a high end prize , from the chest, not like the boss drops anything for me, bad RNG you could say :

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    araneax said:

greywynd said:

Preaching to the choir about the corpse gifts. I rarely see any.

Oh... My... Gawd... Becky!!! Did you, like, hear?!? Some toon ran, like, eLOL? And, when they, like, killed the dragon? They ran under the dragon's wing, right? And they found, like, an epic artifact there? Bodacious!!! They took, like, a screen shot and everything!!! We should, like, totally run that, like, right now?!?! K thanks, bye!!! as HAMSTER if!

greywynd said:

No. Some toon ran CN. No drops from the beholder, Cthulhu, or Orcus. On the other hand the chests were most rewarding.

This is me after 4 hours in TONG and receiving a rank 8 silver at the end as a high end prize , from the chest, not like the boss drops anything for me, bad RNG you could say :

Rank 8 silver enchant wins the RNG wars for ever.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Rank 8 silver enchant wins the RNG wars for ever.

It is an ultimate prize. I do not think it will change once we get rank 14s. XD
    Oh yea... i just killed the hardest boss in all NW, and got a rank 8 ench...
    I FEEL LIKE A SUCH A BOSS !

Our pally lagged and ended up falling at least 6 times at the end boss.
    We did not have a heart to kick him out. He was trying so hard the poor sweetie i rejected kicking him out.
    So we went back to the beginning to get him every time.
    The lich sometimes shows up too late, i do not know if anyone noticed, but by the time he shows up we are already too late to slide back and not lose companions.
    Then we had a bad luck with our main dps, he had to go, his wife came back home and he had to go cook.
    So we LFG-d for at least 15 min for another dps. I was the only DC and we ended with an amazing Warlock and CW.
    After at least 5 more times we finally managed not to die at the half, when the Ras screams.

I think i get more grey hair running TONG then at my real day job number 1 and number 2.
    Like seriously. When i get to 40 i ll be all silver.And then i ll blame it on bad genes. * cough *
    Post edited by araneax on

• Options
    Being honest I havent run FBI or MSP. As to TONG thats way off :) Not sure I even want to run any of them being honest. I cant move fast enough to escape Valindra's one shot killz
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Being honest I havent run FBI or MSP. As to TONG thats way off :) Not sure I even want to run any of them being honest. I cant move fast enough to escape Valindra's one shot killz

Off topic, so sorry OP, but talk to your team mates before you go in and get everyone to agree to run clockwise out at the edges when the random red-strip one-shot phase comes... go to the outer edges and proceed just a little bit ahead of any ghosts that might be tracking you

It's just a tough mechanic but you can figure it out
  • Options

Off topic, so sorry OP, but talk to your team mates before you go in and get everyone to agree to run clockwise out at the edges when the random red-strip one-shot phase comes... go to the outer edges and proceed just a little bit ahead of any ghosts that might be tracking you

Yes its a matter of practice and timing which at times I don't have enough of :smile: I know what to do but seem to still get one-shotted by being just too close to the red areas. My tank just seems so damn slow sometimes
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Yes its a matter of practice and timing which at times I don't have enough of :smile: I know what to do but seem to still get one-shotted by being just too close to the red areas. My tank just seems so damn slow sometimes
    if you have a cleric in your group , go with him. Ask him to stick with you, when the group is doing bosses.
    Usually i make sure non of my teammates die. Be it DA or AA or whatever, plus DG or word to help out with the health.
    Later it will be mass scrolls of life ftw. :P

• Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Tanks are slow, and if he's a Dwarf (like my GF) he's even slower
    I run two nice Dark enchants in utility slots for a decent speed boost, and I chose artifacts that grant movement bonus
    I think of run speed as part of my job... I need to be the first one in the fight, so I make some sacrifices to make sure I am
    I used to complain to my group when they got ahead, asking them to let me do my job.... that just doesn't work
    Now I just outrun them