test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

t-rex Fangs stacks not happening

arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
t-rex fangs not stacking it became a burden to make lures player have to go back and forward or mail them to alts to fill up the mail limits in order to get enough to make multi lures @nitocris83 @asterdahl @mimicking#6533 i wanted to have stacks of fangs instead of filling up my mail in order to get multi fangs, this neeed to be fixed soon, i wanted to go on a hunting adventure but the fangs stack system make me give up on those.

Comments

• Options
    lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    why report this in bug? It is not. I suppose this is to prevent botting activity in hunts, it's anoying indeed but it seems to work so, why not.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    As said above, this is not a bug. The intent was to push people towards hunting things in order. You hunt a rare spawn, and get a lure piece. You then hunt a T rex and get that piece. You then go to Port and get a lure, and then go hunt that. This is how they "want" things to work.

I would love to be able to stack these things too, but its already been posted, that this is just not how they intended hunts to work.
  • Options
    making them bta would solve bot farming
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Yet they want the items to be tradeable, both for players to consolidate their items and go hunting together, and so that players who don't want to hunt at all can trade their items to those who do. So BtA goes against their planned model as well.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    right now i see lots of player making party and farm rex fangs and both party members have 100% chance to get a fang, the only problems is the second item for the lure that has low chances to find the right mob that drops the second item for the lure.
    @beckylunatic ty, i guess ill start trading all my fangs and not waste my time with hunts. my rings drop from maps XD
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Why you say only for fangs? lol. Need every thropies and lures to get stack!

Anyway, its not a bug yes but still is lame...no one can boting in new map, bots can not survive in new map...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    @kreatyve @nitocris83 can you swith this post to players feedback page, made a mistake posting it here ty in advance.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    The real problem is the mismatch between the availability of T-rex fangs and other lures. It already takes time to find rare hunts and when you have to kill 20-30 smilodons to see the first drop it makes you cry.
    Eotyranni, Bigclaws, Ogres and Batiri Braves are not a big issue, but Venomtails and Smilodons are harder to come by and either their appearance rates or drop rates should be higher.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,112 Arc User
    Got my first t-rex fang fishing. Got my first smilodon drop the first time I killed one. Killed my first venomtail today. Yep, got the poison.

Hard part for me has been getting the extra t-rex fangs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    do they drop at all? i killed many Tyrannosaurs along the roads and not seen a single drop last days (dont mean kos)
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

do they drop at all? i killed many Tyrannosaurs along the roads and not seen a single drop last days (dont mean kos)

They only drop from a Tyrannosaurus Rex, never from a regular Tyrannosaurus.

• Options
    t-rex needs to be on end of its name otherwise it seems to have an rng for the other fang, i had a problem when striking it solo, and solution was to party with players for t-rex fangs farming(u cant have more than one fang in inv/bank of the char, it will sometimes lock you from getting a drop or not able to pick the one that dropped, and always mail it to alts or other account you may have), the other fang is a need, greed or pass mechanic, also u can only have 1 of each monter trophy in same char aswel, mostly called unique item, BS title, basicly i cant make a 1start, they made it player to player exchange itms when the player to player exchange can get you scammed , unlees uu have friends ingame to exchange, if u do it with stranger prepare to get scammed, also ur limited to 25 totems earned over the weekly cap from all hunts, my first split-ti/hunt gave me +4 ring +epic bonespur boots XD
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    qexotic said:

vinceent1 said:

so they are incredible rare spawn in my eyes now. i am not here to afk, i am for gaming
  • Options
    qexotic said:

vinceent1 said:

This isn't true. There is also a small chance of a drop from a regular Tyrannosaurus implemented last week, iirc.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

qexotic said:

vinceent1 said:

This isn't true. There is also a small chance of a drop from a regular Tyrannosaurus implemented last week, iirc.
    I hope you are right Becky...but after reading through the patch notes for the last two weeks there is no mention of T-Rex Fangs dropping from a regular Tyrannosaurus. No mention of T-Rex fangs at all in the last notes but this covered the changes the previous week:

'Hunts

All players who engage in combat with a rare monster will now have a chance of earning a trophy when it is killed, regardless of the damage they deal to the target.
    Heroic Encounters now award a T-Rex Fang directly to the inventory when the player earns one.
    Heroic Encounter scoreboards no longer show a T-Rex Fang if the player cannot collect one.
    The amount of loot granted from 1, 2 and 3 star hunt marks has been increased.
    When players engage a rare monster in combat as a group, all players will now have a chance of earning a trophy when it is killed.'

Maybe there was something in the Preview Server notes but I cannot find it.
  • Options
    Asterdahl's posts would be the place to check.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

Asterdahl's posts would be the place to check.

Nothing there about T-Rex fangs dropping from regular Tyrannosaurus. @asterdahl last posted on August 4th. Maybe he could pop in and make an official statement about it here :)

• Options
    I may have simply misremembered something. Sorry.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I definitely dropped a T-Rex fang from a Tyrannosaur. But only one so far and I killed over a hundred Tyrannosaurs.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @beckylunatic said:
    > I may have simply misremembered something. Sorry.

He did state on the forum that there would be a "chance" for the fang to drop from the regular one.