test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 12 recipe vendor

karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
I purchased the Alchemy recipes from the vendor and received cook propolis varnish and create dark residuum, leaving me with several new alchemy items I have no use for. Since it is available to buy again, I decided more each time and purchased a second time. No new recipes, nothing.

Do we get more recipes than 2 and if so is this a bug? Should I have learned two new alchemy recipes? How did this work on preview?

Comments

• Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    Those materials are used in the other Chult Crafting professions. The Varnish is used in Platesmithing, and I think the Residuum is for Weaponsmithing.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Since afaik, these items are character bound, it would be a good QoL tweak if the vendor checked the character and didn't allow duplicate purchases.

@nitocris83
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Ok, more specific, I have picked up palm wax which is listed as an alchemy reagent but no recipe to use it.
    So are there recipes that use palm wax, have I not gotten all the alchemy recipes yet?
  • Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    You should have all of the Chult Alchemy recipes, but the Chult "Item Professions" (Platesmith, Weaponsmith, etc.) have recipes that require the products crafted in Chult Alchemy Profession (and others).

So the recipes you have in Alchemy give you products to make the Chult Armor/Weapons, but you'll need to learn those Chult Recipes first - or you can sell them on the AH. I'm not sure what the current value is; but being early on, it's probably higher now than later.

EDIT: Just checked my inventory, and I see what you're saying now.

That's an answer I don't have... I only have the Platesmithing and it doesn't have any use for "Palm Wax" either. It's possibly a mis-categorization in the tool-tip. Buying the recipes once should give you all of them though. No need to buy a second time.
  • Options
    Hirogarde, thanks for the reply. Having reagents listed as for alchemy that have no recipe connected to them led me to think there was more alchemy recipes yet to be learned.