test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] [PVE] Combat HR Guide

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    You don't have to go to all the trouble of selling it, you can just give it to me no problem.

I swear I'll distribute it to orphans and widows.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Guys, is CoA still bugged? When I use it on group, it doesn't do damage direct after it hits. Only when something moves inside. And not sure if it still hits everyone inside.

I really would love to have old CoA back. I didn't give a jack about it didn't crit from long range and now it's just a mess.

As for weapon enchantments, I had UP Fey, but switched to UP Vorpal and I'm a happy. Never tested Lightning.
  • grizpygrizpy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello guys again! Can anybody know about broken (or fixed, as you wish) Careful attack? Do Cryptics know about it or do they going to repair it? 1% of dmg exept of 8-10% (+ half of it as piercing) that i had in M12.5 is very bad ^^ Aura of courage now 5-7% except of 12% too.

Careful atack not activating 1) by pets, 2) by DoT damage, actually it doesn't activate now at all (only 10-15 procs for 1 battle with boss in To9G)
    edited March 2018
    CoA seems to be fixed, but yeah not sure if careful attack is broke or not, the only acts I've run this mod have been for pvp, where I only very rarely use ca. I have been worrying that our combo of ca plus gushing wound doesn't seem to be generating the usual cloud of red numbers like they used to.

I wonder if its a problem with the whole "now procs weapon enchants" thing. I bet now it's a case of "only strikes that proc weapon enchants now proc careful attack". Either that, or they gave it an internal cd.

I also wish they'd left them both alone tbh.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    @jonkoca , I was lucky enough to get a +4 and +5 Gravestalker Ring from the box's yesterday. Either they did a stealth nerf or my guildmate was mistaken. The extra 1k/800p does not show up on the companion at all.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
    edited March 2018
    Hmm, perhaps it got hotfixed, or my friend was mistaken. I'll check myself now I've got one.

That actually makes life simpler, I might just buy an equivalent ring from the ah.

Edit: yeah stuck it on my pet, didn't see any immediate increase to either the pet's or my stats. Difficult to tell tbh. outside of combat.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
  • apollyon#8329 apollyon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is Split Shot still better than Rapid Shot when it comes to single target or did they change something?

Is Split Shot still better than Rapid Shot when it comes to single target or did they change something?

Do you mean Split Strike and Rapid Strike? becasue you never use the Shot version tbh. I've not use Rapid Shot in a long time especially since they fixed when we get the Fury procs. I just checked my ACT logs and atm Split strike is hitting for 1.6 mil dmg in ToNG atm by itself, then add in the PB and BH on top of that. I know back before they fixed the Fury proc you was able if you timed it right to get 1 extra hit in with Rapid Strike. Which was a "SMALL" dps gain on single target but if there was ever an add Split Strike would win every time.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Rapid Strike is still as bugged as ever. Split Strike is way better.
    Hey guys, I've been rather slow getting on with the new mod so far. I updated the guide a little with the new gear.

I've just gotten my primal weapons and they're great.

I've also noticed the drop in Careful Attack damage. I also believe, like @jonkoca said, that it comes from the changes they made to the way powers trigger weapon enchantments. I'll try and have a closer look at it. A GWF almost did as much damage as me in Tiamat. O.O

I was hoping there would be some way of farming the fane of the night serpent for those lovely rings, but nope. I got a +2 ring and that's it. >.<
  • ashwilliowbrook#2249 ashwilliowbrook Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    > @artifleur said:
    > A GWF almost did as much damage as me in Tiamat. O.O
    >

This is not in anyway acceptable, hope they get it fixed soon.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    artifleur said:

A GWF almost did as much damage as me in Tiamat. O.O

You need to spam Longstrider's Shot more so GWFs go flying off the ledge.

They can't outdamage you if they're constantly dying, right?

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    artifleur said:

A GWF almost did as much damage as me in Tiamat. O.O

for all we know you could be a 10k hr vs an 18k gwf.

in any case, @rjc9000 does that mean HRs are now reverse supports?

rjc9000 said:

You need to spam Longstrider's Shot more so GWFs go flying off the ledge

Sounds like a plan!

• icingdeath1#7564 icingdeath1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hey guys! HR main here, just wondering how much recovery for combat spec and what is the best way to achieve it?

Hey guys! HR main here, just wondering how much recovery for combat spec and what is the best way to achieve it?

I only have 8k atm and doing fine. The more you get the less difference it makes though so don't get too much. I'd say 12k max.
    edited March 2018
    @icingdeath1 Since they nerfed getting CDR from both DC's I find it best to set between 10-14k rec for best results as a SW Combat

I'm setting at 17.1k, I have Rank 14 Bondings and everything else is Rank 13. Here is what my stats look like on the Target Dummie.

I have 9.7k Rec when I pop my artifact it jumps to 15,780 from Artificer's Persuasion.
    Post edited by dragonsbane3 on
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Wow, that is a lot.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    Yeah, I think I have maybe 6 or 7k recovery on my pf combat. With a decent dc around I usually have something up.
    edited March 2018
    There needs to be a cap on recovery. Like 10K. Spamming certain powers is not skill. With 6k I can manage to stretch time in range or melee.

The Legendary Outlaws
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hey guys. So should I swap my Primal chestpiece for the Bear fur? Seems like it's too good to be skipped. Even for trapper.
    So far I haven't really found any mod 13 builds for hr but I believe that it will be BIS for combat spec.
    edited March 2018
    @dragonsbane3 Thank you for sharing your stats and allowing noobies to get look at what to shoot for. I'm only 12.3k right now but slowly building
    Post edited by icingdeath1#7564 on
    edited March 2018

Hey guys. So should I swap my Primal chestpiece for the Bear fur? Seems like it's too good to be skipped. Even for trapper.

From my understanding it does not work on your thorns but that aside,.. The extra AC and Def is nice, You should already be at crit cap so losing the 122 crit is nothing to speak of as well as the 182 power. The extra 3% dmg on the few abilitys would produce more dmg overall

There needs to be a cap on recovery. Like 10K. Spamming certain powers is not skill. With 6k I can manage to stretch time in range or melee.

Yes, No, Sorta kindof,... While I agree that a spamm fest is not skill. To min/max your dmg output you need to be able to do the most dmg you can in the burst windows that are setup from your support in the group. I can tell you that if you are playing Combat the old way of 1 encounter and 2/3 At-wills then 1 encounter and 2/3 AT-wills etc etc you are doing it wrong and losing a HAMSTER load of dmg.

Most Burst windows are 12-15 secs and as SW Combat you need to be able to fit quite a bit in that window to max out your dmg. Knowing and tracking the CD's and activation time of skills also greatly increases your dmg output.
    edited March 2018
    LOL, yeah, that rotation, encounter and follow with atwill, what a laugh. So many adopted it in PvP and is still practiced today. Self buffing and stacking group buffs is how you one/two shot. In PvE, again, a group effort with stacking on top of self buffing is key.

The cap on recovery would solve issues mainly for PvP. For example, the 16K+ recovery TRs, no skill.

#Bringbackstrategy :)
    The Legendary Outlaws
    edited March 2018
    With careful attack being a bit pants now, think I'll respecc to sw. Splitstrike or clear the ground..?

And yeah, I noticed I was not all that great as a pve hr, compared to a pvp hr last night in cradle. This other HR with the same encointers and roughly the same gear just totally blew me away on the paingiver.
    jonkoca said:

With careful attack being a bit pants now, think I'll respecc to sw. Splitstrike or clear the ground..?

And yeah, I noticed I was not all that great as a pve hr, compared to a pvp hr last night in cradle. This other HR with the same encointers and roughly the same gear just totally blew me away on the paingiver.

Split Strike, in a proper support group that thing hits like a freight train. Also tbh ignore paingiver in CoDG. You can go hog wild on the elevator but that is where you need finesse to not kill the Skulls/ Cubes premature. Also all the adds in p3 should be ignored and just focus the Tendrils. Then having to run out the debuff and stacking for the other ability it can really mess you up if you get grabbed by the hand and everyone is away from ya. So much padding can be done in there if anyone trys to talk HAMSTER on Paingiver there they are just an idiot.
    > @dragonsbane3 said:
    > There needs to be a cap on recovery. Like 10K. Spamming certain powers is not skill. With 6k I can manage to stretch time in range or melee.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, No, Sorta kindof,... While I agree that a spamm fest is not skill. To min/max your dmg output you need to be able to do the most dmg you can in the burst windows that are setup from your support in the group. I can tell you that if you are playing Combat the old way of 1 encounter and 2/3 At-wills then 1 encounter and 2/3 AT-wills etc etc you are doing it wrong and losing a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of dmg.
    >
    > Most Burst windows are 12-15 secs and as SW Combat you need to be able to fit quite a bit in that window to max out your dmg. Knowing and tracking the CD's and activation time of skills also greatly increases your dmg output.

I guess I've been doing it wrong lol. I thought you used encounters to buff at-wills during 3 second flurry window. What am I missing?
    edited March 2018
    @icingdeath1

Well, first off Flurry is a 2 second window.

Your dps rotation is more of a priority based system in stead of a strict linear one. It is based around 2 factors, 1) how much CDR you have from yourself and group and 2) how many targets can you hit. FYI you have a max AOE of 5 targets hit.

Next you need to have a good working knowledge of what your CD's are for your buffs, IE Mount power, Artifact power, Any buffs applied via gear from using certain skills, Mount insignia's, and skill's. This lets you line up stuff according to the max duration and to get the most out of the combined effect.

"in a max buff/bebuff group, one of the support will be using the wheel to allow you to get the fire buff while you use the Soul Sight Crystal, for maximum dmg output"

Wheel of Elements = 28s buff, Activation time varys depending if you just stand still or if you are jumping to activate it.
    Soul Sight Crystal = 10s buff, Activation is instant.
    Tenser's disk= 12s buff, Activation used be buggy and could lock you into place for a second or two, now you can do it while jumping along with activating the wheel and get it instant.
    Throw Caution= 10s buff, Activation about half a sec.
    Artificer's Persuasion= 15s buff, still about to have 90%/100% uptime with certain artifacts.
    Cavalry's Warning= 15s buff.
    Ring of offensive Action= 5s buff

Also you are going to want to swap out Class Features from bosses to trash.
    Aspect of the pack is always sloted with the offhand featured used.
    Then Blade Storm on trash packs and any boss that you can not get to the sides or back of.
    Seeker's Vengeance on any boss where you can get to the sides or back of. It has roughly a 270 degree Field of view basicly for it to activae.

This is for Stormwarden Combat:

"worth mentioning, with this spec you have to watch your skill bar. If you are used to fast paced games where you have the ability to spam buttons, do multiple things at once, and move too. You can't do that here! You will quite often hear the activation sounds for PG and GW even see the animation on screen but the skill did not trigger,.... Some classes can animation cancel to speed up your rotation but you can't with either one of those skills."

For any trash pack, if you are at distance you hit them with Longstriders to close the gap, Then depending on how much buff time is left you basicly have 2 options either hit them with a Throw caution to add even more buff to your dmg and drop a Plant Growth or just drop a Plant Growth. At this point if you know that PG wont 1 hit them you either use Split Strike if the whole group is in front of you, or you use Clear the Ground if they are all spread out. If you have decent gear and have the right stats there is not a trash pack in the game that wont be dead after Flury ends. Another option you can do is to use LS then hit Forest Ghost so you go invis and don't get 1 hit by the harder hitting stuff if you get there first before the tank can get aggro. Then into TC, PG, SS x2...

It also is a huge plus to know what kind of dmg your skills actually do. Our hardest hitting single skill is Cordon of Arrows, next is Plant Growth when considering activation time but in terms of total dmg output Gushing Wounds is better dmg. Reason being is you get the initial hit of it then 10 tics over 20 secs. Each tick applies PB dmg, weapon procs, any other procs from boons etc etc, Now it has roughly a 1 sec Activation/Animation time but it dumps its full dmg if your Companion or party members hit your target. So you get 20 secs worth of dmg/procs/everything else instantly. This is where having high amounts of recovery plays into what your single target rotation will be on bosses.

So for burst windows on bosses if you know when your party is setting it up you want to preemptively use your items/skills that have the longest duration. I wont go into the exact rotation im sure you can get the gist of whats going on. You get CDR from 1 DC now not both like before and you get some from the OP as well as Artificer's Persuasion. So your goal in these windows is to keep your buffs up and use Gushing as much as you can. Also knowing when to pop PG over GW just cheeses the dmg that much more, IE take Orcus in ToNG, since you have adds coming in from all sides your PG will 1 hit them, you want to save it for when you have several around you vs having it on CD when everything is on top of you.

As far as what Daily to use and when to use it. If you are using the new ring, "Ring of Offensive Action" from Makos you get 3% more dmg when you use a Daily for 5s. 5s in the grand scheme of things is pretty quick. You also gain the buff when your press the Daily not when the animation is finished. To get as much uptime as possible on the buff you want to use Disruptive Shot. It only costs 25% of your AP and is an instant skill. Which allows you to be able to maintain the extra dmg all the time.

IMO the only 2 Dailys that should ever be your you bar is Forest Ghost and Disruptive Shot. Seismic Shot hits like a wet noodle considering it costs 100% of your AP, Cold Steel Hurricane is only good if you know how to position it and its in a long hall with a ton of adds. Forest Meditation has no place in PvE since your life steal has you at fill HP in 1/2 hits.

Also as for what consumables to use. From what testing I have done on my HR with my stat balance.

Wild Storm Elixir
    Superior Flask of Potency
    Seared Tuna
    Grand Summer Feast
    Invocation Blessing, either power or crit
    Scroll of Fate: what ever you need more, Arpen/Crit/Rec/Power
    Chain of Scales Toy.

If you cant make the Superior Flask of Potency yourself then which ever stat you need the most of go with that potion,
    Post edited by dragonsbane3 on