test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] [PVE] Combat HR Guide

Comments

• Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Well I'll most likely be on today for a while if any of you wanna race again. Can't wait to kick your butts only using relic and merchant gear, jk.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Major update for Mod12B.

I also reworked a few parts.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Great guide.

New pants from 12b skirmish are nice if your lifesteal needs a boost, and the soul seeker artifact is pretty good too.

Still wondering about dropping gambit for a 10% crit chance boost. That would also give me 10 points to stick in another feat tree. Decisions decisions.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Great guide.

New pants from 12b skirmish are nice if your lifesteal needs a boost, and the soul seeker artifact is pretty good too.

Still wondering about dropping gambit for a 10% crit chance boost. That would also give me 10 points to stick in another feat tree. Decisions decisions.

Don't do it. There is no need to drop gambit. And OMG the extra dmg from SV w/fixed Flurry + the black attire.... = HEAVEN... so OP.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • Options
    :smile: happy HR is happy.

Eh, I've got a spare load out since I'm not pvping on the HR this mod, I'll try the no-gambit version of my build and get back to you. After the bonding nerf I'm sitting with about 55k power and maybe 80% crit at best. Not very stable either way.
  • Options
    paprykor#1050 paprykor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello guys, so in the end-game should I pick PF over SW? Combat ofc
  • Options
    Just my preference, but go pf for boss damage.
  • Options
    paprykor#1050 paprykor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ok, but for mobs it isn't a very big difference in terms of dps? I mean i understand it can be noticable ofc but benefits i'll get from careful attack propably will be better?
  • Options
    Depends where you are, in T1, T2 content, SW will be best because the final bosses go down quick, but if the bosses do have a huge base HP, cn orcus, fbi, tong etc. then pf is a much better choice.

Usually a SW HR will out-dps me before we get to the boss, depending on who gets to the trash mobs first, but on the boss I'll overtake, by either a huge amount, or not so huge, depending on item level.
  • Options
    Late answer @paprykor#1050 but @jonkoca has it all right.

Up to tier 2 (EToS, EGWD, ECC etc..) bosses usually don't live long enough for PF to shine but after that single-target damage becomes a lot more important.

That being said some nevertheless use SW even in ToNG and get good results.

The brand new artifact Soul Sight Crystal apparently also is great for boosting you damage against bosses. I'm working on one at the moment and will update the guide once I can try it at mythic quality.
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    So the Soul Sight Crystal is a 12.5 drop? Since I don't see the type (power, Stability, etc)....
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

So the Soul Sight Crystal is a 12.5 drop? Since I don't see the type (power, Stability, etc)....

Yes, a 12.5 exclusive item out of 12.5's Lockbox of the Lost. It's a common drop out of the artifact pack, but 12.5 makes refining artifacts a huge pain. The artifact works with all the good Combat HR stuff and I'd personally recommend it so as long as you can burn the boss/force a phase shift within the 10 sec timer. Or, if you're sick and tired of using the Wheel and want to try something different.

----

Also, also, Corto, I have a question that I need expert HR analysis on:

Are HRs people?

• Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    ok, thanks. Not looking forward to the new refining system so I made a few trans last week and will start on another Mythic today/tomorrow.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    rjc9000 said:

Also, also, Corto, I have a question that I need expert HR analysis on:

Are HRs people?

If you ask Sharpedge they are numbers of course! :wink:

• Options
    rjc9000 said:

Yes, a 12.5 exclusive item out of 12.5's Lockbox of the Lost. It's a common drop out of the artifact pack, but 12.5 makes refining artifacts a huge pain. The artifact works with all the good Combat HR stuff and I'd personally recommend it so as long as you can burn the boss/force a phase shift within the 10 sec timer. Or, if you're sick and tired of using the Wheel and want to try something different.Are HRs people?

Also, I hate the wheel so for me there's no option but to go for the crystal.

I just wish the ZAX would finally gimme some zen so I could buy pres wards. T_T
  • Options
    krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    @artifleur did you consider to give a chance and compare the Feytouch vs Vorpal since mod 12b release most bugs should be solved now.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    krondhor said:

@artifleur did you consider to give a chance and compare the Feytouch vs Vorpal since mod 12b release most bugs should be solved now.

Sorry, I have neither the resources nor the will to try and get a feytouched enchantment on live.

I'll try and have a look on preview.
  • Options
    mrmohit#0674 mrmohit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    well man as u have stated its like dealing damage as Piercing damage bcoz Piercing Blade. And at max 50% of attack can not be resisted or deflected.. So are you sure to follow up to 85% Resistance Ignore... Do we really need it ?
  • Options

well man as u have stated its like dealing damage as Piercing damage bcoz Piercing Blade. And at max 50% of attack can not be resisted or deflected.. So are you sure to follow up to 85% Resistance Ignore... Do we really need it ?

I think I see were you are going, but it's not going to work.

Piercing Blades deals 50% of the original damage, the total damage is 150%. The part of your damage done by piercing blades is 50 / 150 = 33%.

If you were to trade all your armor penetration for power, you'd get something like 12k power, probably less. That would increase you power damage buff by 3%. With 20k power, which is very little, you would go from 50% to 53% which translates into : (153-150) / 150 = 2% more damage.

So you'd be trading, on the one hand, over 50% of your damage for, on the other hand, an extra 2% damage, probably less.

So yes, investing in armor penetration is a good idea.
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Are you guys running SV all the time or just during boss fights? I wonder if there are any test of how much damage SV can do on trash mob phases.
  • Options
    krondhor said:

I finally took the time to test Feytouched on preview and it seems to be working just fine even with entity encounters, like Thorn Ward, and illusions from Mirage weapons.

Now let's compare it with Vorpal.

My critical chance is 95.8% and my critical severity is 144%.

My combat advantage damage is :
    (15% (base) + 10.3% (equipment) + 5% (charisma)) x 1.1 (underdark boon) = 33.33%

My Perfect Vorpal gives : (327.33 / 277.33 - 1) x 0.958 = 17% more damage

An Unparalelled Vorpal would give : (332.33 / 277.33 - 1) x 0.958 = 19% more damage

Transcendent Feytouched gives 18%, Unparalelled 20%.

Unparalelled Vorpal also adds 3% DR debuff but its actual effect depends on how much DR debuff the target already has.

Feytouched on the other hand also adds a small amount of % weapon damage and a sizeable damage debuff but keep in mind only the targets hit by the encounter which triggers feytouched will get the debuff (the Aoe for it is very small).

One last thing to take into account is that the encounter which triggers Feytouched doesn't benefit from it. In the case of Plant Growth and Gushing Wounds, none of their ticks will benefit since their damage is set once and for all at the time you use them (before you get the feytouched buff). So you had better make sure you use Thorn Strike or maybe Thorn Ward first.

All in all, I'd say that Feytouched (transcendent and unparalelled) is a solid choice but only marginally better than Vorpal and that Perfect Vorpal still is the best cost-effective choice by far.
  • Options

Are you guys running SV all the time or just during boss fights? I wonder if there are any test of how much damage SV can do on trash mob phases.

I personally always keep SV, partly because i'm lazy and partly because trash mobs die fast enough anyway.
  • Options
    grizpygrizpy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Hi everyone. I play Drider so it's hard to me to say about all skills and build of my Combat HR in English. Just wanna show you my gameplay in ToNG - as i see it. Only 3 minutes and only bosses. (Between them i use SW).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwKPW5KvXNY
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    How accurate the guide is for consoles still on mod 12? Is it good to use Feytouched and Seeker's Vengeance on mod 12 or it would be better to use e.g. Lightning (on SW rather than PF and switch to PF with Fey only for bosses) and Aspect of the Serpent on PF? Don't know if there's a good way for managing AotS stacks on Combat and there's no alternative on PF with Seeker's Vengeance not working, right?

What exactly is bugged with Feytouched and Seeker's Vengeance on mod 12?
  • Options
    The fixes came with mod 12b, so seeker's vengeance doesn't work and feytouched bugs with entity encounters like thorn ward.

Better use aspect of the lone wolf and vorpal till then I think.
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Don't have Vorpal at the moment, just Dread, Lightning and Feytouched, so would I be safe to use Feytouched as long as I don't use entity spells? Which encounters act as entities to avoid them? I'd mostly use PG, LSS/GW, Thorn Strike on PF and PG, Thorn Strike, Throw Caution on SW. Am I guessing right that entity spells would be mainly Thorn Ward (I'd be missing on DR debuff from it) and Split the Sky?

With Seeker's Vengeance broken until 12b Blade Storm on SW would be the best second passive, right?

Would Lightning be better than Feytouched on SW for trash?
  • Options
    Hi.

Me again - two questions:

1. Is Unparalleled Feytouched better than Unpralleled Vorpal? Did anyone actually made some test on it? Would be great to get some insight on this topic.
    2. What is the armor enchantment recommendation? I see that Trans Bark is the new hot chick in town, but when I run as a GF I see that dps classes with bark are being lazy and rely way too much on it - i.e. they stand in red zones thinking they have bark stack when they don't. That's why they die often or make my GF die often cause I have KV turned on. Is bark really this good or sticking with lesser soulforge/perfect negation is just fine?
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited January 2018

1. Is Unparalleled Feytouched better than Unpralleled Vorpal? Did anyone actually made some test on it? Would be great to get some insight on this topic.

Feytouched still wins by a Long Shot.

I haven't had the time to test (totally not being lazy preview is down right now), but on the assumption that the GF UP values and HR UP values are the same, here are some preliminary looks at the most important Combat HR UP abilities.

I didn't meddle with any of the inputtable values, so make sure to account for your Crit Severity and CA.

Plant Growth (UP)
    Gushing Wound (UP)
    Split Strike (UP)
    Thorn Strike (UP)

*Edited because I forgot Terror gets a debuff upgrade at UP

2. What is the armor enchantment recommendation? I see that Trans Bark is the new hot chick in town, but when I run as a GF I see that dps classes with bark are being lazy and rely way too much on it - i.e. they stand in red zones thinking they have bark stack when they don't. That's why they die often or make my GF die often cause I have KV turned on. Is bark really this good or sticking with lesser soulforge/perfect negation is just fine?

Barkshield, just don't get lazy yourself.

On HR, Lesser Soulforged is a clear winner over Negation.

This is because Negation requires you to be able to take hits (you can't cheese this with the Wraps) to build up DR stacks, which doesn't work on a fairly squishy class.

Lesser Soulforged does its job effectively (revive you after getting downed) for minimal cost.

• Options
    Thanks @rjc9000

Guess I'll fight with my pink Sailor Moon-ish bow for now. By the way, best thing in Fey is imho that it's both good on HR and GF :smiley:

PS. I really hoped that when I will upgrade Fey to UP something cool will happen, like unicorns and stuff.
  • Options
    xmar011xmar011 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Artifleur, Thanks for something new I have to try:).
    I play trapper and just have built combat pathfinder. I've read the topic carefully and tried to train on dummies. To be honest - it's weird. I am sure that I do sth wrong but could somebody help me with the rotation?
    I know it's totally different from used by trappers but i can't manage this combat rotation.
    I start with LS, swich, CA, 3x split strike, thorn strike, 3x split strike, plant growth, 3x split strike... I know its wrong, so could somebody give me right one? Thanks in Advance.