test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] [PVE] Combat HR Guide

Comments

• Options
    dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I have the fragmented key at mythic as well, I just would never use it as a primary. Most definitively will be using a Soul sight crystal in 12.5.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Forsho
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hi guys. So if you are sharing some stats I will write (no screenshots - currently at work lol) mine and if there is some advice for me, I'll gladly take it. Anything I should work on or change.

Please help me to pimp my HR.

nickname: Peren
    Race: Wood Elf
    Item level: 13 960

Loadouts: PF Trapper, PF Combat, SW Combat

Equipment

Shirt/Pants - Gemmed clothes
    Head - Jarl's Gaze
    Armor - Huntsman Assault Coat
    Arms - Manticore Raid Bracers
    Legs - Vivified Trailblazer's Assault Gaiters
    Neck - Company Cloak (+2 Dex +2 Wis, max upgrade)
    Belt: Greater Dex Belt (max upgrade)
    Rings: Brutality +5, Rubellite Assault Ring
    Weapons: Mod10 set (mainhand orange, offhand with max upgrade but still purple - still missing leg marks from msva)
    Weapon features: Aspect of the Pack upgrade and Split Strike upgrade.
    Weapon/armor enchantments: Lesser soulforge, Trans Vorpal/Trans Dread/Trans Feytouched (using vorpal for combat).
    Artifacts: Wheel, Lostmauth Horn, Lantern, Eye of the giant (all myth)
    Armor reinforcement: +200 crit on all possible
    Enchantments: azure/radiant r10/11 in offensive slots, dark 9 in defensive/utility slots

Companions

Legendary Fire Archont (summoned)
    Legendary Air Archont
    Epic Siege Master
    Epic Earth Archont
    Epic Paranoid Delusion/Chicken (I swap Paranoid for Chicken when in Combat loadout since it only adds damage against rooted targets)

Companion equipment:

3x Bondings r12
    Greater ring of DoD (2x Brutals r12)
    Greater ring of DoD (1x Brutal r12, 1x Azure r12)
    Fierce Talisman of Companion +3 (1x Radiant r12)

Powerups usage:

Invocation blessing
    Power pot
    Chicken kebab

Mount power:

+2k crit (using)
    +2k lifesteal
    +2k movement speed

Daily basis solo stats after bonding proc

Power: 53/55k (with guild boon)
    Crit chance: 90-92%
    Arpen: 72% (without guild boon)
    Lifesteal: 25% chance (or may be wrong, I don't remember exactly)

• Options

Hi guys. So if you are sharing some stats I will write (no screenshots - currently at work lol) mine and if there is some advice for me, I'll gladly take it. Anything I should work on or change.

Equipment

Head - Jarl's Gaze
    Weapons: Mod10 set (mainhand orange, offhand with max upgrade but still purple - still missing leg marks from msva)
    Weapon/armor enchantments: Lesser soulforge, Trans Vorpal/Trans Dread/Trans Feytouched (using vorpal for combat).
    Enchantments: azure/radiant r10/11 in offensive slots, dark 9 in defensive/utility slots

Companions

Legendary Air Archont
    Epic Siege Master
    Epic Earth Archont
    Epic Paranoid Delusion/Chicken (I swap Paranoid for Chicken when in Combat loadout since it only adds damage against rooted targets)

Companion equipment:

3x Bondings r12

Powerups usage:

Invocation blessing
    Power pot
    Chicken kebab

Mount power:

+2k crit (using)
    +2k lifesteal
    +2k movement speed

Sup Peren :) IMO after talking with Sume, The Wild Hunt Rider is still really strong. Amazing up time on trapper and respectable on combat. I would swap out your Delusion for it. IMO I'm BIS except for maybe the weapons, not sure if having 5 peps with the mastercraft is better or not. Here is my stats with food/pots/companion I just cant give up the loyal avenger it is way to strong for balancing it all out I do swap to 1 loyal commander if I need more recovery but that is only when I dont have a pally and dc in the group.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    What is Bloody Death?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options

What is Bloody Death?

it is a debuff that the main dps takes on the Avatar of Orcus fight. It puts a Dot on you that gets larger over time and it allows you to do more dmg to Orcus.

• Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2017

@eliybeats , @artifleur , @jonkoca ,

Question, I have mythic Wheel of Elements, Eye of the Giant, and Lantern of Revelation in a (Meta BiS group) which do you guys think is better to run as the primary artifact? I've been using the wheel but I'm thinking the debuff from lantern may be better.

That's a good question. I still use my lantern but I'm questioning its usefulness. With the dimishing returns on DR debuffs and the long animation / freeze, I'm not even sure if I'm gaining or losing damage when I use it. If I use it when plant growth is available I lose damage cause I could have used plant growth right away instead of waiting for 2 seconds for the lantern to activate, if I use it when everything is on cooldown I won't get any benefit since it only lasts 6 seconds. The only right time to use it would be when everything is on cooldown but just about to be available again and even then those 16% will probably turn into +1 or +2% damage.

I hate using the wheel so I won't go back to it. The eye of the giant might be a bit better. Charm of the Serpent is the same as the lantern, right?
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

What is Bloody Death?

it is a debuff that the main dps takes on the Avatar of Orcus fight. It puts a Dot on you that gets larger over time and it allows you to do more dmg to Orcus.

Got it!
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    @dragonsbane3 Your stats on Power and crit are about double mine. I'm going to have to take another look and see how you got there...I thought i was pretty well set but geesh :)

Maybe I'll do what the guy above did and post everything lol.
  • Options
    artifleur said:

@eliybeats , @artifleur , @jonkoca ,

Question, I have mythic Wheel of Elements, Eye of the Giant, and Lantern of Revelation in a (Meta BiS group) which do you guys think is better to run as the primary artifact? I've been using the wheel but I'm thinking the debuff from lantern may be better.

That's a good question. I still use my lantern but I'm questioning its usefulness. With the dimishing returns on DR debuffs and the long animation / freeze, I'm not even sure if I'm gaining or losing damage when I use it. If I use it when plant growth is available I lose damage cause I could have used plant growth right away instead of waiting for 2 seconds for the lantern to activate, if I use it when everything is on cooldown I won't get any benefit since it only lasts 6 seconds. The only right time to use it would be when everything is on cooldown but just about to be available again and even then those 16% will probably turn into +1 or +2% damage.

I hate using the wheel so I won't go back to it. The eye of the giant might be a bit better. Charm of the Serpent is the same as the lantern, right?
    You can bypass the animation freeze if you pop them all while jumping btw. Took me a while to get used to but now ill be running to a pack bunny hop and hit Wheel then pop a long strider and as im running the pack ill hit my tensors disk mount power. If you activate the mount power awhile running there is no freeze there either. Then get to the aoe pack and TC or straight to a PG and its "GG" they all die lol.
  • Options

@dragonsbane3 Your stats on Power and crit are about double mine. I'm going to have to take another look and see how you got there...I thought i was pretty well set but geesh :)

lol did you make sure to take note that I said that is with food and pots. I made sure to stack enough Arpen via 3x LA gear and Artifacts so I didn't need it anywhere else and even after the proposed bonding changes I wil still be 85%+ cap so that is all good. As far as the Crit loss goes I will just swap from Brutals to Azures on the companion and swap out my active artifact out to the Eye of the giant and replace the wheel with the Thayan book of the dead to pick up a instant 1k more crit and Arpen just for when I am able the get the new 50% dmg artifact.

Also if you make sure to have 1.2 mil ad saved and a few preswards then you will have everything on the companion back to up to rank 13 the sec the mod drops to help that out. Rank 14's will take a few weeks I guess.
  • Options
    @dragonsbane3 and actually everyone here

Do you recommend any of the hunts gear for HR? King of Spines armor is a no-brainer, but the Sirrush's boots seem to be okish. And also - what about the rings that drop there. Should I try to replace my brutality+5 with any of new +4/5 rings?
  • Options

Do you recommend any of the hunts gear for HR? King of Spines armor is a no-brainer, but the Sirrush's boots seem to be okish. And also - what about the rings that drop there. Should I try to replace my brutality+5 with any of new +4/5 rings?

Yeah you will want to get one of the primal rings I bought 3 of them to swap stats if I need to balance anything and I went for the +5 Beast slayer. As far as armor goes the Rex Corona from KoS is BiS. I prefer the Boots of the Alpa atm but might end up changing it for the Primals if I need to min/max after 12.5 hits Since crit is the only stat I wil be short on it seems.
  • Options
    So I basically have to kill lots of crabs and tigers to try loot the +5 beast ring. Okay I guess.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2017

My final armor line up, just got the last piece yesterday, is rex corona, primal crit/power chest, primal crit/power gloves, and bonespurs for tong/mod12 stuff, boots of the alpha for everything else (the dinosaur procs once in a blue moon, but is funny, esp. in pvp). Salvaged my relic gear. Bye bye voniblod upkeep.

This gives me 85% arpen, and more power and HP with the same crit chance as I had with 3xrelic plus guise of the wolfclan. Not to mention the bonuses from each piece. With all buffs up now I can hit a stable 80k power, and 92% crit without a DC/OP etc. in sight. At least until the bonding nerf anyways.

I swapped my rings to an orange power/recovery mod10 ring and a primal something/recovery one. All offensive slots at 12, defensive 11, and utilities 9. T.vorp and t.bark. I love barkshield. That, plus good runspeed, means I can play like a total aggressive HAMSTER, and not die in the daily AD grind dungeons.

All done. Final gearscore, 16300. Lol, never did get a +5 brutality. Can't say I miss farming demo however.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I have none of that gear lol. Would love to see how I compare to you guys atm. I'd love a good challenge atm but I'm facing downtime due to cable wires needing to be rewired.
  • Options
    Don't think you really need any of it. I have 2 alts at about 12.5k. They can both run any T2, and have fun in PvP, if that's possible.

On my main, now I've got everything, it's kind of self-defeating, you end up with absolutely nothing to do. I guess I'll pvp and help guildies/alliance ppl till mod 12b drops, and then cry post-nerf for a couple of months.
  • Options
    jonkoca said:

Don't think you really need any of it. I have 2 alts at about 12.5k. They can both run any T2, and have fun in PvP, if that's possible.

On my main, now I've got everything, it's kind of self-defeating, you end up with absolutely nothing to do. I guess I'll pvp and help guildies/alliance ppl till mod 12b drops, and then cry post-nerf for a couple of months.

Exactly, I'm so bored atm. We did a few speed runs the other day the first one was 24 min even then the 2nd one hit a 21:38. I love to get that place done in under 20 min lol got to set some goals :)
  • Options
    So Bonespurs are legit? I thought it's basically refinement. Should I stick with brutality +5 or try to grind some +4/5 chult ring?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    With one piece of gear, Bonespurs solve the problem of having more arpen than you need most of the time. Only the really serious mobs have the full 85% resistance, and after 5 big hits, bonespurs will put you at optimal arpen without having to mess around with your artifacts or mountbonuses. Good crit on them too.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I had never noticed the Bonespurs. They are really good indeed. That's an extra 450-500 armor pen running most of the time.

You lose 195 in offensive stats compared to Primal boots but that's still 250 extra stats.

Time to spend my ogre femurs I guess.
  • Options
    architect40architect40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User

Equipment

Head - Jarl's Gaze

Companions

Legendary Air Archont
    Epic Siege Master
    Epic Earth Archont

Companion equipment:

3x Bondings r12

Powerups usage:

Invocation blessing
    Power pot
    Chicken kebab

Mount power:

+2k crit (using)
    +2k lifesteal
    +2k movement speed

Sup Peren :) IMO after talking with Sume, The Wild Hunt Rider is still really strong. Amazing up time on trapper and respectable on combat. I would swap out your Delusion for it. IMO I'm BIS except for maybe the weapons, not sure if having 5 peps with the mastercraft is better or not. Here is my stats with food/pots/companion I just cant give up the loyal avenger it is way to strong for balancing it all out I do swap to 1 loyal commander if I need more recovery but that is only when I dont have a pally and dc in the group.
    Wow, I didn't realize pots were that good. No wonder they are nerfing them and rightly so.
  • Options
    The Bonespurs are fantastic, they actually give a lot more than 1% armor pen per stack. The stacks are independant but like @jonkoca said when you actually need the extra armor pen (basically only ToNG for the moment) keeping 5 stacks up shouldnt be a problem.

Primal gloves have the same effect for power, so totally BIS too.

I would wear an Executioner's Black attire since it has been fixed but I still don't have one and guild can't afford losing gems atm.

For the head slot Rex Corona probably is BIS but I'm not going to bother with farming the king of spines any time soon.
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2017

lol did you make sure to take note that I said that is with food and pots. I made sure to stack enough Arpen via 3x LA gear and Artifacts so I didn't need it anywhere else and even after the proposed bonding changes I wil still be 85%+ cap so that is all good. As far as the Crit loss goes I will just swap from Brutals to Azures on the companion and swap out my active artifact out to the Eye of the giant and replace the wheel with the Thayan book of the dead to pick up a instant 1k more crit and Arpen just for when I am able the get the new 50% dmg artifact.

Also if you make sure to have 1.2 mil ad saved and a few preswards then you will have everything on the companion back to up to rank 13 the sec the mod drops to help that out. Rank 14's will take a few weeks I guess.
    Well, I am impressed with the Combat in PvE. With just my companion proc'ing and PvP setup I am a bit above your numbers so I feel confident when I respec later and with PvE gear I will achieve numbers that closely match my trapper (70Kish) with my companion procs. I have not potted or eaten anything for months so I am interested in seeing what that produces.

Getting back to the Combat... WOW! I smashed Spiders and Craggy this morning. I was at 130 mil at the last door on Craggy. I would pick up a few players and die so it took two attempts at the boss and I would finish at 254 mill. What a huge change. I am interested to see what a PvE Combat build will do.

Post edited by teucer#3019 on
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    Any recommendations for armor? Should I aim KoS hunt armor or maybe Primal one?

While KoS gives burst power for 10 sec, Primal gives more overall static stats. Decisions, decisions...

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Any recommendations for armor? Should I aim KoS hunt armor or maybe Primal one?

While KoS gives burst power for 10 sec, Primal gives more overall static stats. Decisions, decisions...

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Executioner%27s_Black_Attire
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    The hunt armor is easy to acquire and the stat distribution is not that bad. All the lures I've spent were with a group and I let the group decide who gets what. I have kept a piece here and there for my level 70 alts. I hope to start chasing down the Primal gear soon, I went up the left path...
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    rubytrue said:
    Still wearing it on my HR main as the hunts are sucking hind HAMSTER for me.

Post edited by silence1x on
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    silence1x said:

rubytrue said:
    Still wearing it on my HR main as the hunts are sucking hind HAMSTER for me.

With the fix to Seeker's Vengeance in 12B, it will be really nice for HRs....