test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What happened to the 50% off sale?

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
It appears to have finished early, or am I missing something?
Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Comments

• yamidragoon#6121 yamidragoon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yeah, seems to have ended prematurely.. I am quite pissed off now, as I wanted to buy one more thing before it's over.. :/
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    yes, there's a lot of, erm "feedback" in Protectors Enclave & Alliance Chat.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @nitocris83 it would be great if you could find out what happened - thanks

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    It definitely glitched because before reset, the event timer clearly showed we had like 6 more hours to go. In fact, it still does.
  • edwin3010edwin3010 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    If your gonna screw people over at least have the decency to remove the in game banner. Before some other mug ( like me) buys Zen expecting to get a half price sale. Am sure there are laws against this sort of practice.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    same old same old
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I feel as if this has happened before but I can't recall when. It's like the sale ends on reset instead of lasting the 24 hours that it should. The worst part is even if they extend it to it's initial end time it still screws over people that aren't able to be around now.
  • xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I got on to finish up what I needed to get and didn't expect to see it removed without any sort of notification. Considering people were waiting months for this to finally get items it's just unacceptable to just pull it. At this point the people in the company should know when to switch off a sale.
  • davidlef#2582 davidlef Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Someone on chat reported they talked to support and were essentially told "Purchases of Zen will still be discounted, but if you missed the 50% sale on items in the Marketplace that is just too bad." After the delays in coming back from maintenance yesterday and then removing the sale some eight hours before it should have been, a lot of people (including myself) missed out. Particularly if it was a coding/scheduling issue on their side, the response is pretty infuriating. It is dishonest and terrible customer service.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    They need to fix it and then extend the sale for about 6 hours based on reports.

This goes beyond just simple glitch/bug problems, they are outright ripping people off at this point.
  • i504thlonewisoi504thlonewiso Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I got online this morning and saw I had about 5 hrs before the Huge sale ended. I try to buy stuff but the Zen market is not giving me the 50% off items. Instead I see 15% certain items. Plus the free item of the day is not there. Anyone having same problems?
  • lepotbuzzlepotbuzz Member Posts: 2 New User
    And we have no awnser from them ...
  • spitsgaming#4549 spitsgaming Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same problem here. Went on game before 10am UK time and seen there was a sale so went and got points. Got back at 11am and bought 11500 zen to get 4 lots of 50 keys and a month of viper and no 50% off. If this sale dosent get put back on again they are basic lyrics scamming people like myself who only bought zen for the 50% off.
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Y'all need ro remember they're just waking up in California. Give them time to start their day...then give them hell. ;-)
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

They need to fix it and then extend the sale for about 6 hours based on reports.

This goes beyond just simple glitch/bug problems, they are outright ripping people off at this point.

more than six hours because the window that people missed out on may be the only time those people can be on. if it's extended for six hours only it needs to be in the same window it was down in. I have to go to bed soon. if they extend it now for six hours I'll still miss it. other people will be at work. ect.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    I just sent a memo out about this to Julia and Andy. Neither are in the office yet, as it has just turned 7am over there. I expect one of them to be soon™ though. As well, I am just told that Cryptic was sent details about 3.5 hours ago, but as no one is in the offices at that time, I don't expect this to be addressed until they get in and investigate. I am also told that they have been made aware that the Zen Market in general is broken on the XBOX. We do apologize for this and thank you for your patience until they can get in and take a look at things.
  • xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Thank you. Between the update install, surprise forced respec and new content, trying to figure out what is needed for multiple toons made a lot of people miss out. Most people I see frustrated in my alliance said they were hoping to get on early to grab items after sorting out their character.
  • awinters1880awinters1880 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I actually considered buying a bunch of zen this morning, but if this isn't fixed, well guess they're going to be missing out on my money.
    I'm trying to do the same 5 hrs ago and nothing. What's going on?
    Oh and I posted the same here but my post was taken down instantly too
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    You post was merged with others into a single thread on the general discussion board.
  • neufalabanqueneufalabanque Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The free bag of holding isnt showing either and it was due at 730PST

I also still had purchases i wanted to make

Please keep us updated
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Oh and I posted the same here but my post was taken down instantly too

We have been merging threads to try to keep everything in 1 thread, to make it easier for everyone to read.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017

The free bag of holding isnt showing either and it was due at 730PST

I also still had purchases i wanted to make

Please keep us updated

The daily free item is available on the PC, so this issue here seems to be another in the list of Zen Market Issues affecting the consoles. We've updated the memo to Cryptic and do apologize again!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Perfect world must have forgotten to upgrade their warehouse before this big sale. They made so much money that they just couldn't hold another cent more
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Y'all need ro remember they're just waking up in California. Give them time to start their day...then give them hell. ;-)

Nah. They run an international game that is played across numerous time zones. Maybe they need to start thinking about having multiple shifts for their employees to cover emergency issues.

Luckily, I was able to handle most of my buying yesterday. I feel for the people that got screwed over (yet again). And I struggle to believe this is a "bug" with the Zen market. The market prices reset at exactly 6am EST which just happens to be when the new day starts for the game. This seems more like complete oversight in getting the event schedule properly programmed so it knew it had 7 hours left.

I think the only way to properly rectify this is to extend the sale for an entire day. People planned their schedules around this and showed up for it. The game dropped the ball. Make things right.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Nah. They run an international game that is played across numerous time zones. Maybe they need to start thinking about having multiple shifts for their employees to cover emergency issues.

Luckily, I was able to handle most of my buying yesterday. I feel for the people that got screwed over (yet again). And I struggle to believe this is a "bug" with the Zen market. The market prices reset at exactly 6am EST which just happens to be when the new day starts for the game. This seems more like complete oversight in getting the event schedule properly programmed so it knew it had 7 hours left.

I think the only way to properly rectify this is to extend the sale for an entire day. People planned their schedules around this and showed up for it. The game dropped the ball. Make things right.
    They have an on-call crisis team that is working on the issue.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.