test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

zen market sale ended 7 hrs early on ps4

2»

Comments

• akpuls#9220 akpuls Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Thank you for keeping us informed. Well I know that this is FTP game but some people are spending RL money for it and in this case thay spended RL money and now thay are loosing their value because Astral Diamond price droped after people realized that items are at Zen market for normal price. So this game don't have 7x24 support? Because if something like this happend you should just turn off Zen market and Astral Diamond Exchange ASAP to minimaze damage which was done because prices at Zen market went back to normal price 7h early.

Sorry for my bad English but I hope that you will understand.
  • chadworth66chadworth66 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    > @zebular said:
    > I just sent a memo out about this to Julia and Andy. Neither are in the office yet, as it has just turned 7am over there. I expect one of them to be soon™ though. As well, I am just told that Cryptic was sent details about 3.5 hours ago, but as no one is in the offices at that time, I don't expect this to be addressed until they get in and investigate. We do apologize for this and thank you for your patience until they can get in and take a look at things.

They also delayed the event by having prolonged maintenance. I think the event lasted no longer then 15 hours.
  • adrianoms85#1700 adrianoms85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ive bought 3000 zen in this morning to get the VIP+50 keys so you guys need to fix this or give me another 2000 zen or a working 50%coupon
    PSN: am_Souza
  • maugrym#5972 maugrym Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Here's the real problem - we get answers like "we will investigate the issue." This does nothing to mitigate the ridiculous fluctuation in the Zen market while everyone tries to guess what will eventually be done.

How hard is it to have a policy that when something that aggressively and egregiously varies the value of real money currency like this occurs, they'll simply extend the sale for the period of down-time and/or a whole additional day. If that policy was simply the norm, then prices in the Zen market would have remained relatively stable, because people wouldn't have been fleeing in fear of nothing being done.

Basically, all we needed was someone to say "Yes, we know that the sale ended prematurely, but don't worry, we will give you AT LEAST the amount of time lost while we fix the issue." And even better would be to just run it for 24 more hours to accommodate timezones and job schedules. But either one of those things would have put a halt to the crash in Zen Market prices.

This is really relevant because now, no matter what happens, you're going to have a whole separate thread about ppl who sold off their Zen thinking the sale was over, and then it wasn't, and now they have to buy the Zen back at the prices which have re-escalated, when all we needed as a community (that is very good at rapidly disseminating information) was a little assurance that the full time of the sale would be accommodated.

Or, in the alternative, if nothing is fixed, then you'll have a thread from all the ppl who were holding their Zen hoping that the sale would be fixed, only to watch the price crash out from under them. So, either way, we're already in a new bind that would have been largely alleviated by someone simply saying "yes, we WILL fix it, and you will not lose out on the sale." OR "Sorry, we cannot fix it and so the sale ends now."

Only the uncertainty left by the non-committal responses is what is causing the ridiculous Zen market price fluctuations right now.
  • adrianoms85#1700 adrianoms85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    And Theres no Free item in "Free" tab of zen market
  • maugrym#5972 maugrym Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    zebular said:

I just sent a memo out about this to Julia and Andy. Neither are in the office yet, as it has just turned 7am over there. I expect one of them to be soon™ though. As well, I am just told that Cryptic was sent details about 3.5 hours ago, but as no one is in the offices at that time, I don't expect this to be addressed until they get in and investigate. We do apologize for this and thank you for your patience until they can get in and take a look at things.

As a total non-sequitur... Zebular, do you have a trademark on the word "soon"? :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017

zebular said:

I just sent a memo out about this to Julia and Andy. Neither are in the office yet, as it has just turned 7am over there. I expect one of them to be soon™ though. As well, I am just told that Cryptic was sent details about 3.5 hours ago, but as no one is in the offices at that time, I don't expect this to be addressed until they get in and investigate. We do apologize for this and thank you for your patience until they can get in and take a look at things.

As a total non-sequitur... Zebular, do you have a trademark on the word "soon"? :)
    It's an old MMO "joke" dating back to the alpha testing of LotRO where it began by the community remarking on the abundant use of "soon" and then was adopted by the CM there at the time and has since spread in its use and meaning across many MMOs.
    In short, it's become "mmo slang" basically meaning "hopefully soon but no promises." I think a few other MMO communities have claimed it began there but I was onboard with LotRO when it was born and watched it spread like the T-Virus. ;)

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    FYI, it appears the Daily Free Item is also affected. The daily free item is available on the PC however, so this issue here seems to be another in the list of Zen Market Issues affecting the consoles. We've updated the memo to Cryptic and do apologize again!
  • edsont#9373 edsont Member Posts: 39 Arc User

Here's the real problem - we get answers like "we will investigate the issue." This does nothing to mitigate the ridiculous fluctuation in the Zen market while everyone tries to guess what will eventually be done.

How hard is it to have a policy that when something that aggressively and egregiously varies the value of real money currency like this occurs, they'll simply extend the sale for the period of down-time and/or a whole additional day. If that policy was simply the norm, then prices in the Zen market would have remained relatively stable, because people wouldn't have been fleeing in fear of nothing being done.

Basically, all we needed was someone to say "Yes, we know that the sale ended prematurely, but don't worry, we will give you AT LEAST the amount of time lost while we fix the issue." And even better would be to just run it for 24 more hours to accommodate timezones and job schedules. But either one of those things would have put a halt to the crash in Zen Market prices.

This is really relevant because now, no matter what happens, you're going to have a whole separate thread about ppl who sold off their Zen thinking the sale was over, and then it wasn't, and now they have to buy the Zen back at the prices which have re-escalated, when all we needed as a community (that is very good at rapidly disseminating information) was a little assurance that the full time of the sale would be accommodated.

Or, in the alternative, if nothing is fixed, then you'll have a thread from all the ppl who were holding their Zen hoping that the sale would be fixed, only to watch the price crash out from under them. So, either way, we're already in a new bind that would have been largely alleviated by someone simply saying "yes, we WILL fix it, and you will not lose out on the sale." OR "Sorry, we cannot fix it and so the sale ends now."

Only the uncertainty left by the non-committal responses is what is causing the ridiculous Zen market price fluctuations right now.

well said, very well said.
    edited June 2017
    > @adrianoms85#1700 said:
    > And Theres no Free item in "Free" tab of zen market

It's probably because event started at 7:00PM CET in Europe (10:00AM PT) so thay will put new free item 24 hours after event was started.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10542363-celebrate-with-events-and-free-items%21
    Post edited by akpuls#9220 on
  • orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    My husband and I woke up this morning and decided to go ahead and buy Zen and get the things we'd always wanted since the 50% off was just too tempting. Log in and no sale anymore. It's nice they've been aware of the problem for hours, but my guess is they'll fix the store at about the same time the sale was supposed to end, and then just shrug their shoulders and say "sorry" leaving us sitting on a lot of Zen and feeling really burned about it. Happy anniversary indeed.
  • cwoody2020#1286 cwoody2020 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    So frustrated!!! Bought Zen for the 50% off sale that according to the in game announcements is still on going. However the Zen market is NOT 50% of anything right now. Hope they fix this quick.
    edited June 2017
    DELETED by me :)
  • krazyness#5394 krazyness Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Would you guys consider extending the sale a few hours please?
    14,000+ DC
    12,000+ GWF
  • baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Honestly, this is getting ridiculous.

Every time you release a new patch, mod, hold an event or even perform server maintenance, it is either broken, bugged or breaks something else. This latest incident has completely ruined the AD exchange and Zen market and has literally cost some players real world money. It's insulting to continue to ask your player base to be "patient", while you continually fail to deliver products to us, as advertised.

Perhaps you should bring back some of the developers you sent to work on your new MMO Magic The Gathering until such time you can provide your existing Neverwinter player base the experience and items that you promised and that we have paid for.
    edited June 2017
    > @krazyness#5394 said:
    > Would you guys consider extending the sale a few hours please?

I hope that thay will give us new 24 hours of 50% discount because some people have RL and can't sit behind game 24 hours and wating on moment when thay fix it and may be sheduled it way that it will not make same problem like it did. So may be start it with daily reset and end it next day with daily reset in case that daily reset make that problem and if it wasn't just that someone set up wrong time of event in system. :-)
  • cwoody2020#1286 cwoody2020 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Sooooo, 50% off sale has 30+ minutes left and still nothing, not one single item, is actually 50% off.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There is now an official thread about this here. In order to keep everything in one place, we now ask that you please leave feedback in that thread. Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Some comments from these threads may be hidden briefly while we merge threads about separate issues concerning these matters.

Edit: Comments concerning the Zen store not working can now be found in this thread.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.