test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

zen market sale ended 7 hrs early on ps4

lee#7309 lee Member Posts: 6 Arc User
So it seems the ps4 player have had the rug pulled from under there feet again. There was 7 hrs to go for the 50% off sale now its 15% but the event tab still say 7 hrs to go . What is going on is the sale still on or did we get screwed again.?

Mod Edit: Removed expletive from subject title.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    This happened during the black friday sale of 40% off too where either after maintenance or just the changing f the day stopped the sales. It's getting ridiculous and it needs to be fixed. A good way for those that spent time farming for zen or just buying it can't take advantage of the sale because of this.
  • Options
    With 7 hours left, at the change of the new day eventhough the timer still says 7 hours remain, the sale was terminated and replaced with a 15% sale eventhough the indicator on the right says it's supposed to last until 1pm.

This has happened before with the black friday 40%
  • Options
    akpuls#9220 akpuls Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I just buyed plenty of ovepriced Zens because I wanted to buy items for 50% discount. I hope that you will fix it or I would like to have refund. Thank you.
  • Options
    kooler#1416 kooler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Same here, all of my Alliance same
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

Greetings,

We apologize for the inconvenience, we are investigating about this, and we will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for your patience!

Regards,

Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options

Not only that but you can't purchase enchanted keys either. It gives you an unspecified error. I had just bought a ton of zen just before the sale stopped working. I'm so freaking mad. Did they fix and extend the Black Friday deal?

The black friday deal had 3 hours left and never was fixed but this time we got a message through by someone high looks like so if they can get to the route of the problem that will make things a lot easier
  • Options
    audioboxer#8681 audioboxer Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I bought some Zen last night and decided to sleep on deciding what to do with it due to the 24 hour timer xD If they don't fix it I'll be asking Sony/devs for a refund.
  • Options
    munchos#9085 munchos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Also, because of this the AD exchange price has crashed and screwed so many people.
  • Options

Also, because of this the AD exchange price has crashed and screwed so many people.

Greed did that. The sale was 50% off on everything so that drives the price up. Well before this happened the price was near max. Supply and demand.
  • Options
    sekkerhundsekkerhund Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Apparently, it's only the consoles that are affected. I logged into the PC version (also Steam) and the 50% sale is still in effect, although the PC ends in a little less than 3 hours (7:30 PDT).
  • Options
    Though I would suggest if it can't be fixed in time that you do a mass sending out of a coupon per character by mail that has 50% off so those of us can get it for our certain characters with what we were trying to buy. In my case I could just get the figurines I need to get some unicorns.
  • Options
    maugrym#5972 maugrym Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I expect the full sale, not just a coupon... I have 125,000 zen waiting to be spent
  • Options
    sekkerhundsekkerhund Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well, they should make it right. It's not acceptable to advertise that a sale will run for 24hrs, but only run it for 17hrs.

For those of us who weren't able to log in during those 17hrs: When we did log in, we purchased Zen and sat down to figure out what we wanted to buy, thinking that we had plenty of time to shop for stuff.

I got up to get some dinner, then sat back down and the sales were all gone.
  • Options
    Technically, under consumer protection laws, they are obligated to sell you the items at the offered prices, so it's more than just "not acceptable." :) This would qualify as a bait-and-switch at a minimum. Now, I don't know that anyone is going to bother to file an action, and I assume they'll make it right...
  • Options
    funkydaddy007#2629 funkydaddy007 Member Posts: 4 New User
    > @percemer said:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > We apologize for the inconvenience, we are investigating about this, and we will keep you informed as soon as possible.
    >
    > Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for your patience!
    >
    > Regards,

This is a verry bad answer buddy, its suppose to be , we are verry sorry and u are right we screwed up no problem we will fix it and refund the money or still give u the time of 50% off zen market that u were suppose to get and then end with......... thank u for your patience.

i bought 50euro of zen before the time was up, the time im writing u right now has still 4 hours left of 50% off zen huge anniversary sale left!!!!! so please if u will, refund or give me back my time u stole of my huge anniversary sale.

THANK U FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!!!
  • Options
    mynx#2254 mynx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    If you don't want to run the sale the full 24 hours, why tell us you will? My hubby couldn't log on last night to get some stuff and now he can't get it because it isn't worth the price at full price... This game is really starting to irritate me. If this continues to happen, with things going wrong so often and the downtimes being so off from reality, we may stop playing sooner rather than later. GTA has less downtimes than this game now. This needs to get fixed. I can't understand how it has taken this long since someone said they would look into it and nothing has happened.
  • Options
    so the 1st ticket of complain came in 2 hours ago and u wana tell me u guys cant still fix it , come on guys we know u are not that stuppid, fix this now, dont steal my money so obvious plsssss
  • Options
    drstampede#8737 drstampede Member Posts: 2 New User
    Please reissue %50 event
  • Options
    alicat22000alicat22000 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

We apologize for the inconvenience, we are investigating about this, and we will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for your patience!

Regards,

Another keep us informed. That's the reply to everything and yet the only informed we get is seeing servers are working again. Pc was advertised for 2 days of 50% zen. Ps4 and Xbox get dropped.
  • Options
    drstampede#8737 drstampede Member Posts: 2 New User
    So much for buying vip or coalescent wards to use during 2x rp
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    okay, this is really messed up even if we give them money they cant handle it, what does that say about the company man!!!
    we are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> money on u guys and u cant handle it, CRAZY <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> HELL!!!

<font color="orange">Hamster filter manually applied</font>
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In the UK the sale was available from like 8pm - to 11am (maintenance being extended meant the servers didn't come back at 6pm). Not exactly the best of hours to enable everyone to have a chance. It should be pretty easy to fix this and add on the hours missed for the consoles (Xbox is affected too).
  • Options
    mynx#2254 said:

It's been about 2.5 hours since someone said they would inform people... The market is still down. If you all don't believe us, get on and check for yourselves. Fix this. Seems like a fix for this shouldn't take that long. I have a little programming experience... seems like I would be overqualified for a job here... Fix this or reissue the zen event.

The main HQ for the game and the devs reside in America. It'll probably be a few more hours before they are all awake/working. Keep an eye on the main Twitter account ~ https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • Options
    The other problem they have is that they are AWARE of the issue and have acknowledged it, and still the announcement of "50% off" persists. So now they're basically willfully false advertising, which takes this from a mistake to fraud.
  • Options
    > @audioboxer#8681 said:
    > It's been about 2.5 hours since someone said they would inform people... The market is still down. If you all don't believe us, get on and check for yourselves. Fix this. Seems like a fix for this shouldn't take that long. I have a little programming experience... seems like I would be overqualified for a job here... Fix this or reissue the zen event.
    >
    > The main HQ for the game and the devs reside in America. It'll probably be a few more hours before they are all awake/working. Keep an eye on the main Twitter account ~ https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame

For a game like this, most companies would have a troubleshooter on call 24/7 and it would likely be traded off amongst programmers. This is too big a game for them to not have that.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I missed out on the sale. I wasn't able to get my dl complete until right before reset. I do hope you'll extend it. and well into the day so people that were not able to get it still have a chance to get it after work now.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    mynx#2254 said:

> @audioboxer#8681 said:

> It's been about 2.5 hours since someone said they would inform people... The market is still down. If you all don't believe us, get on and check for yourselves. Fix this. Seems like a fix for this shouldn't take that long. I have a little programming experience... seems like I would be overqualified for a job here... Fix this or reissue the zen event.

>

> The main HQ for the game and the devs reside in America. It'll probably be a few more hours before they are all awake/working. Keep an eye on the main Twitter account ~ https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame

For a game like this, most companies would have a troubleshooter on call 24/7 and it would likely be traded off amongst programmers. This is too big a game for them to not have that.

Whether it was within 60 minutes, or a few hours after the issue, what matters most is they fix it by extending the sale on the consoles by the time lost. If they decide not to do it and just say "tough luck", then it's time for a bit of vocal pressure. Not to mention I think a decent number of people will be requesting refunds.

Like it or not the main HQ is in America and the company do need the time to all wake up, find out what caused the bug and fix it. Staff who are responding right now are probably just community workers, who do not exactly get to play around with the servers.

The worry right now is some on reddit say this has happened in previous years and wasn't fixed.
  • Options
    > @audioboxer#8681 said:
    > > @audioboxer#8681 said:
    >
    > > It's been about 2.5 hours since someone said they would inform people... The market is still down. If you all don't believe us, get on and check for yourselves. Fix this. Seems like a fix for this shouldn't take that long. I have a little programming experience... seems like I would be overqualified for a job here... Fix this or reissue the zen event.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > The main HQ for the game and the devs reside in America. It'll probably be a few more hours before they are all awake/working. Keep an eye on the main Twitter account ~ https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
    >
    >
    >
    > For a game like this, most companies would have a troubleshooter on call 24/7 and it would likely be traded off amongst programmers. This is too big a game for them to not have that.
    >
    > Whether it was within 60 minutes, or a few hours after the issue, what matters most is they fix it by extending the sale on the consoles by the time lost. If they decide not to do it and just say "tough luck", then it's time for a bit of vocal pressure. Not to mention I think a decent number of people will be requesting refunds.
    >
    > Like it or not the main HQ is in America and the company do need the time to all wake up, find out what caused the bug and fix it. Staff who are responding right now are probably just community workers, who do not exactly get to play around with the servers.
    >
    > The worry right now is some on reddit say this has happened in previous years and wasn't fixed.

Those posts worry me, too. I am seeing a lot of little problems that don't seem to be getting fixed and those worry me. I would like to see them be a bit more honest about things. Like, we have maintenance time and a new download that probably won't work right the first time, so we are extending maintenance time to be sure. We'll let you know if it works the first time... Or maybe making the sale within the programmers day so the reset problem doesn't happen again. (It seems the sale disappeared after the midnight timeclock reset. If true, that seems like something that can be changed in the future to avoid this issue.)
  • Options
    mynx#2254 said:

> @audioboxer#8681 said:

> > @audioboxer#8681 said:

>

> > It's been about 2.5 hours since someone said they would inform people... The market is still down. If you all don't believe us, get on and check for yourselves. Fix this. Seems like a fix for this shouldn't take that long. I have a little programming experience... seems like I would be overqualified for a job here... Fix this or reissue the zen event.

>

> >

>

> > The main HQ for the game and the devs reside in America. It'll probably be a few more hours before they are all awake/working. Keep an eye on the main Twitter account ~ https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame

>

>

>

> For a game like this, most companies would have a troubleshooter on call 24/7 and it would likely be traded off amongst programmers. This is too big a game for them to not have that.

>

> Whether it was within 60 minutes, or a few hours after the issue, what matters most is they fix it by extending the sale on the consoles by the time lost. If they decide not to do it and just say "tough luck", then it's time for a bit of vocal pressure. Not to mention I think a decent number of people will be requesting refunds.

>

> Like it or not the main HQ is in America and the company do need the time to all wake up, find out what caused the bug and fix it. Staff who are responding right now are probably just community workers, who do not exactly get to play around with the servers.

>

> The worry right now is some on reddit say this has happened in previous years and wasn't fixed.

Those posts worry me, too. I am seeing a lot of little problems that don't seem to be getting fixed and those worry me. I would like to see them be a bit more honest about things. Like, we have maintenance time and a new download that probably won't work right the first time, so we are extending maintenance time to be sure. We'll let you know if it works the first time... Or maybe making the sale within the programmers day so the reset problem doesn't happen again. (It seems the sale disappeared after the midnight timeclock reset. If true, that seems like something that can be changed in the future to avoid this issue.)

That is a brain-scratcher as well. If it's happened before... why have the devs managed to let it happen again? -_-
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    I just sent a memo out about this to Julia and Andy. Neither are in the office yet, as it has just turned 7am over there. I expect one of them to be soon™ though. As well, I am just told that Cryptic was sent details about 3.5 hours ago, but as no one is in the offices at that time, I don't expect this to be addressed until they get in and investigate. We do apologize for this and thank you for your patience until they can get in and take a look at things.
This discussion has been closed.