test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: M12 Private PvP Queues (& a bit about where PvP is headed)

1789101113»

Comments

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I should add (please don't kill the messenger :no_mouth: ) that there is a bug where if TWO TR proc Shadow of Demise on the same target, the first gets the damage of the other

Its well known in PvE if running 2 TR in party, lucky guy gets more for paingiver.. but who cares paingiver anyway! LEL

Apparently, this carried over to PvP resulting in insane numbers. The highest I was able to do with another TR on a test dummy is 700K and 400K on a player..
  • krutiouskrutious Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    PS4 now,I think the main problem with pvp as long as I have been playing it is, not all evenly skilled/geared classes are even.right now on the PS4 lower geared and skilled gf's,and hr's can do way more damage and are far more durable than what's right I have done some of my own testing and my overall top pick was a gf at12k gs,14k gs TR's were doing next to no damage and I could easily kill them,same with most of the other classes I used TR's as an example because of how often I hear how much damage they do,they don't,I tried using a TR as well and was shocked at how little damage they did with good ap 12k,power 28k to tenacity geared gwf,gf,and paladins,that some of which had very little defense just a lot of tenacity I checked their stats when they were on the same team as me and when they were opponents,I know their are a lot of variables and buffs etc...,but I am a fairly experienced pvp player and I have recommended to a few different peeps who were planning on building a pvp toon to roll a gf it honestly has the biggest forgiveness curve,and can kill any other equally geared/skilled player,which is just the way it is on PS4 I hear rogues are better in mod12,and that's cool but the eventuality has to be that skill and gear matter more than what class you rolled I mean it's just silly right now.
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    krutious said:

PS4 now,I think the main problem with pvp as long as I have been playing it is, not all evenly skilled/geared classes are even.right now on the PS4 lower geared and skilled gf's,and hr's can do way more damage and are far more durable than what's right I have done some of my own testing and my overall top pick was a gf at12k gs,14k gs TR's were doing next to no damage and I could easily kill them,same with most of the other classes I used TR's as an example because of how often I hear how much damage they do,they don't,I tried using a TR as well and was shocked at how little damage they did with good ap 12k,power 28k to tenacity geared gwf,gf,and paladins,that some of which had very little defense just a lot of tenacity I checked their stats when they were on the same team as me and when they were opponents,I know their are a lot of variables and buffs etc...,but I am a fairly experienced pvp player and I have recommended to a few different peeps who were planning on building a pvp toon to roll a gf it honestly has the biggest forgiveness curve,and can kill any other equally geared/skilled player,which is just the way it is on PS4 I hear rogues are better in mod12,and that's cool but the eventuality has to be that skill and gear matter more than what class you rolled I mean it's just silly right now.

Unfortunetly GF's and HR's that one rotate people will defend it until the end. while a lot of other dps classes have to struggle versus a GF which is a tank class lol.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • krutiouskrutious Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @trentbail21 said:
    > PS4 now,I think the main problem with pvp as long as I have been playing it is, not all evenly skilled/geared classes are even.right now on the PS4 lower geared and skilled gf's,and hr's can do way more damage and are far more durable than what's right I have done some of my own testing and my overall top pick was a gf at12k gs,14k gs TR's were doing next to no damage and I could easily kill them,same with most of the other classes I used TR's as an example because of how often I hear how much damage they do,they don't,I tried using a TR as well and was shocked at how little damage they did with good ap 12k,power 28k to tenacity geared gwf,gf,and paladins,that some of which had very little defense just a lot of tenacity I checked their stats when they were on the same team as me and when they were opponents,I know their are a lot of variables and buffs etc...,but I am a fairly experienced pvp player and I have recommended to a few different peeps who were planning on building a pvp toon to roll a gf it honestly has the biggest forgiveness curve,and can kill any other equally geared/skilled player,which is just the way it is on PS4 I hear rogues are better in mod12,and that's cool but the eventuality has to be that skill and gear matter more than what class you rolled I mean it's just silly right now.
    >
    > Unfortunetly GF's and HR's that one rotate people will defend it until the end. while a lot of other dps classes have to struggle versus a GF which is a tank class lol.

Well that shouldn't really matter the proof is in the pudding it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that GF and HR are boss in pvp and that is what it is,I mean good grief is it really that hard I made tons of small pvp modules using biowares Aurora toolset back in the day from the original NWN and it was easy to balance out and that was with multiclassing toons and real dnd rulesets toughest balance there was hips (hide in plain sight), and true seeing and umd (use magic device) this game here has no multiclassing and way less classes,but I fear the main pvp balance is all about money that people have invested,honestly I think the pvp system here has to be totally scratched and redesigned I think it's safe to say that in the state it's in, is BCM (beyond capable maintenance) and it's just time to start over,sure you will lose some players but in the long run if you do it right you will have a stronger player base and better game.
  • grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    @krutious
    Spot on man, could not have said it better myself. Honestly, there really is no pay to advance model for PvP that sounds even remotely like a good time. I understand the need to make money for any business and, if done correctly, a version of PvP that requires little to no $$ to play in a balanced environment could allow ppl to start somewhere that they don't feel like they have to grind a ton of content or pay an insane amount to compete. Some would transition to the PvE content as well.

You would not have to remove or replace the existing version of PvP to do this.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @rgutscheradev

where are the patch notes for mod 12b that includes what you promised would be done to pvp ?

was not mod 12b called the pvp mod ?? ( the bonding runestone fiacso does not effect pvp as much except for open world )

where is the balance ? ( RANK 14 Enchants ??>) so you tonned down all the potions in the game to reduced power creep gave everyone base tenacity ....then added more rank14s LOL but then shut them behind a dungeon
    so a pvp players has to grind this pve dungeons thousands of times so he can upgrade his enchants for pvp ??

why cant a player earn currency to upgrade enchants and weapons thru pvp >? like using glory to buy ultimate runestones
    you also lost the monetary avenue/ advantage from pvp players that would upgrade to rank /13 14 rigth away
    filling your pockets and commission checks

.. where is the proper matchmaking ?
    where are the maps ?
    where are the diminished CC returns that were promised(loose patch notes to test this_) Its very very broken in its current implementation?
    where are proper rewards or an updated glory list
    Post edited by kalina311 on
    edited September 2017
    maybe the cc immune stacks need to be independent and kept separate for all attacking classes
    allowing classes that are arrive / reinforcing / coordinating to land thier combos
    and not arrive at someone who is already "CC WARMED UP " for lack of a better term

if its 1 v 1 ya then the dimishing cc kicks in but if someone new arrive should they not be allowed to attack / overwhelm the opponent without thier Cc failing nor should the opponent be immune simply cause he was fighting someone else

also maybe an interface floating object or tool bar letting player know visually when someone/ them is at max immunity stacks so that you can use some strategy
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    A debuff on the casters that use their cc power would be more balanced than current idea which has many negatiives.
    edited September 2017

A debuff on the casters that use their cc power would be more balanced than current idea which has many negatiives.

then you have the opposite problem some one arrving to a 1 v 1 will be cc imune)because the enemy is already "CC warmed up ")

from the attackers view
    so basically you know that if you enter a 1 v 1 to 2 v 1 ..you will be cc imune /

from the opposite/defenders view
    if someone interupts your 1 v 1 you cant cc or do anything to stop him? when you were not even attacking him before.. ?why should they (the new person arriving ) need help with cc immunity then ( by yours being reduced ) you were not spam power attacking him after all so why should they benefit.. that does not seem to be the design goal here

kinda like what long cooldowns on any powers were meant to do / be in earlier mods a stop to spamming
    \
    i think all cooldown in pvp need to be doubled and the recovery stat curve adjusted to stop overstacking recovery to twart any attempt to nullify or counter the cooldown nerf
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    courage breaker needs to be CC and apply stacks !
    Smoke Bomb needs to be 2 stacks like CW repel or constantly applying stacks as long as you are inside of it.
    Becuz 8 sec of the bomb and 1 stack is WAAY tooo less imo.