test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Hall decorations going missing

chadvaliantchadvaliant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
Watch out when you try to store an item back in the decoration warehouse as I just lost a chandelier.

We had all four chandeliers hanging but I took one down because I was trying to make the lighting effects (they are also a little buggy) work properly again. Instead of going into the warehouse though it just vanished.

Luckily it was just a Cast Iron Chandelier but I assume this bug could happen to other things... expensive things... very expensive things!

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    We upgraded our fireplace...same thing happened.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @terramak, this is rather alarming
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for letting us know! I'll make sure @terramak and the rest of the team see this.
  • aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User

Thanks for letting us know! I'll make sure @terramak and the rest of the team see this.

Any update? The fireplace in our guild is now missing too. Rather alarming, I really hope once fix you'll also replace the lost items.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    We're still in the process of investigating the cause of the issue since it seems to be happening with only specific items (like the fireplace) but not all. It's on the priority list for our team to fix as soon as possible.
  • chadvaliantchadvaliant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2017

We're still in the process of investigating the cause of the issue since it seems to be happening with only specific items (like the fireplace) but not all. It's on the priority list for our team to fix as soon as possible.

My guess is it has something to do with the maximum allowed number. Chandeliers is 4 and we had 4, fire places is 1 and niadan and aasur had 1. It's almost as if when you click the button to store it, it checks to see how many you have and as you have maximum amount it refuses to allow any more to go to storage. So with nothing in place to handle that it just drops it off the face of the earth.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Only allowing you to store 1 or 2 or 4 of a particular type of decoration is a bit stupid as well. We have a giant structure, I'm sure we have a storeroom somewhere.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The maximum of anything you can put into the warehouse is the maximum that can be displayed, so the caps make sense unless the hall is expanded with more space (in which case I'm sure they'd raise the caps), but items that are on display are not documented in the decorator's UI, iirc.

I did think that was a bit weird but I haven't been able to do more than put up a few banners and pictures so I'm not capped on anything.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Not sure if any action was taken, but our simple fireplace came back into decorator inv today.
  • docstockton#7985 docstockton Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi, on Jun 25 @ ~930am, I was moving some decorations around in my guild hall and one item was not returned to the warehouse. Specifically, the Cast Iron Chandelier placed on the North East light fixture. Later that day I encountered the same issue with our Small Stone Fireplace not returning to the warehouse. This is particularly worrisome because now we run the risk of losing even more items when trying to replace or change our decorations.

We would just like to get our Cast Iron Chandelier back as the guild hall looks pretty whack with only three chandeliers and everything else being

Additionally, a chandelier placed on the SW light fixtures appear much brighter than the other three.

Guild: Common Cause
    Affected item: Cast Iron Chandelier

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers,

Stockton
    This issue was resolved so please let me know if anyone's guild is still experiencing it. Thanks!