Install Arc
Options

Tomb of Annihilation- Reactions

124»

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Spelljammer wasn't D&D.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    "Spelljammer is a campaign setting for the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (2nd edition) role-playing game, which features a fantastic (as opposed to scientific) outer space environment."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer

I suppose it might be too close to Startrek Online which Cryptic already runs so... what about Planescape? :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    greywynd said:

Spelljammer wasn't D&D.

You're quite wrong. It was in fact AD&D 2nd Edition and even the Phlogiston maps showed all the D&D Campaign Solar Systems (called Crystal Spheres) and how they interconnected through trade and travel routes. I've played and even DMd Spelljammer, although when I DM it, it's as an addition to my current Realms Campaign just as is Planescape and Ravenloft. They're all connected somehow. Heck, even Boo, Minsc's pet/friend, is a Giant Miniature Space Hamster, which is native to the Spelljammer Campaign Setting.

In the lore of the Realms, most ancient mega-cities as far back as the Arcane Age had Spelljammer Ports and many large cities in the current era have them as well. One of the most famous accessories for the Spelljammer Campaign was The Rock of Bral, which is a "famous asteroid city." It gives details on where to place it in any Campaigns' Crystal Sphere. In the Realms, it would be in the Tears of Selûne, which is an asteroid cluster in Realmspace.
  • Options
    No, Zeb, I'm not wrong. I'm stating my opinion. I don't like steampunk, either.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    greywynd said:

No, Zeb, I'm not wrong. I'm stating my opinion. I don't like steampunk, either.

No, you stated that a fact is incorrect. The fact is that Spelljammer is D&D. An opinion would be that you do not like Spelljammer, not that it isn't D&D, for it is. Or, perhaps what you meant was "I don't feel that Spelljammer purveys what I like about D&D." Anyway, Spelljammer isn't Steampunk unless the DM makes it so. It's still heavily D&D and primarily all about Magic, just in space. Even the Spelljammer Ships are powered by Magic. The closest to Steampunk it gets really is that there is Gunpowder and Steam, but neither are a dominant fixture, which can also be said of any D&D setting.

• Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

As a general note, things to avoid in the future: Undead, Cults and any group of 9.

How about a Circle of Eight instead?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Hopefully there won't be any of those in the Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Love the idea of leaving SKT, and ICW finally. I think rather that chasing gear, i would prefer we get housing, and allow us to chase furniture and decorations for it. Maybe a few houses to choose from. It is not just gear we are chasing, many of us newer players are still chasing enchants. when you add that to how many alts? so in my humble opinion giving housing would give us something to chase, and do while we wait for players to "catch-up" on gear, and enchants, and alts.
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Love the idea of leaving SKT, and ICW finally. I think rather that chasing gear, i would prefer we get housing, and allow us to chase furniture and decorations for it. Maybe a few houses to choose from. It is not just gear we are chasing, many of us newer players are still chasing enchants. when you add that to how many alts? so in my humble opinion giving housing would give us something to chase, and do while we wait for players to "catch-up" on gear, and enchants, and alts.

I think player housing (if they ever do it) is probably something for an "in between" module - Module 12.5 perhaps. Major module releases should be campaigns and dungeons and other content to give us something new to do until the next major release. Quality of life stuff is nice, but it doesn't hold player interest for weeks or months in quite the same way.

I know personally I am enjoying the time here between Mod 11.5 and Mod 12 to finish up SKT and CA on my HR and to get some work done on our stronghold. But it will be nice to get back to chasing better gear on my CW when Mod 12 hits.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Tossing in the idea of making the campaign resources for at least the older modules account wide, in the end, it shouldn't matter on which character we collect those resources, just let us use them where we actually need them.
    Or at the very least give us the option for account wide campaign unlocks in the ZEN shop.

And no offense, you celebrated the 15m accounts mark not that long ago, but how many of those accounts have all campaigns unlocked on at least one character?
    Don't you think it's about time to start lessening the campaign grind at least a little?

Last but not least, not sure if i read it right, but if we can really buy some "basic" equipment for the new module with Astral Diamonds from a merchant, i hope that the stats on those items are actually usefull for the classes this time, and that the AD prices for them are more reasonable, then what we're seeing right now in the T-bar store...
    Just saying, since i guess that that equipment is for fresh level 70, so that they can catch up faster with everyone else, i really hope that this will reflect in the price tags.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Tossing in the idea of making the campaign resources for at least the older modules account wide, in the end, it shouldn't matter on which character we collect those resources, just let us use them where we actually need them.
    Or at the very least give us the option for account wide campaign unlocks in the ZEN shop.

And no offense, you celebrated the 15m account mark not that long ago, but how many of those accounts have all campaigns unlocked on at least one character?
    Don't you think it's about time to start lessening the grind at least a little?

I'd expect to see a few more Campaign unlocks in the zen store with the release of Mod 12, but they will probably be single character, single campaign unlocks. Given what they are charging for these in the zen store at the moment I can't see them making these account wide anytime soon ...

They have already made the grind (a little) easier for SKT with the boost to relics and the free +30% EF resistance, so I don't think we will see a lot more here. Some small boost in the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign might be coming (perhaps a boost to the number of Evidences of Evil in the weekly or something, like they did with the Sharandar weekly).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    zebular said:

Heck, even Boo, Minsc's pet/friend, is a Giant Miniature Space Hamster, which is native to the Spelljammer Campaign Setting.

Eh...no.

He is a "Miniature Giant Space Hamster" (as opposed to the regular Spelljammer Giant Space Hamsters)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    Personally, I think Minsc is a were-hamster who only changes when he charges.
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    regenerde said:

Last but not least, not sure if i read it right, but if we can really buy some "basic" equipment for the new module with Astral Diamonds from a merchant, i hope that the stats on those items are actually usefull for the classes this time, and that the AD prices for them are more reasonable, then what we're seeing right now in the T-bar store...
    Just saying, since i guess that that equipment is for fresh level 70, so that they can catch up faster with everyone else, i really hope that this will reflect in the price tags.

The current gear is useful. I still see people running Orcus with pieces of elven gear filling several slots. Why? Because it's actually quite solid gear - just not near best in slot. You can take an alt, dress them in all Elven, and they'll be able to do their job solidly in a vast majority of level 70 content in the game.

Then for the T-bar store, Warborn is solid as is Dusk, and both are viable for a huge portion of end game content. Again, I see people wearing this stuff in most instances in the game and they do just fine.

In short, the current T-bar and seal gear is "actually useful" - heck, it's probably in the range of 75% as potent as BiS - it's just not best in slot and you can do better. I have alts who I run instances with who are decked in this gear and they do just fine.

For a fun experiment to see how useful this gear is, go on your main and replace every piece of equipment with their corresponding Dusk piece and go into the content you normally do. You'll be surprised - you'll likely find yourself only marginally less effective than with your best gear. Most of your power comes from somewhere else, generally, and the Tarmalune/Seal gear is actually quite powerful.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I run Dread Ring dailies with one of my alts with no problems -- and she's wearing High Vizier. You can make up for a lot with the right enchantments.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    xaluhnxxaluhnx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I am blown away! So excited for this Mod! My main thing is for my Guild members. A lot of the new guys will be able to gear up to end-game, and earn the past mod gears with seals. Epic!

Mysterious-GF, Guild Leader of ~Immortality~ PM Me @xaluhnx Today to Join! immortality.ga
    Part of the -Fabled- Alliance http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1225931/fabled-alliance