What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tomb of Annihilation- Reactions

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    I just hope the dungeonunlock will be accountwide
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    What about lessening the grind for content within "older" modules?
    Or what about lessening the whole guild stronghold grind for the lower ranking buildings/upgrades/structures at least?
    Or what about tagging a few more items with account-wide, so that we can farm them on the characters we want to, and then transfer them to the character we currently need them?
    Or what about moving quest items into that new "bag", the one where the keys are now in?
    Or what about merging some of those different RP type items into a "universal" one?

And yes, a new class would be great too.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    litaaers said:

ghoulz66 said:

New dungeon is pointless when you can't even motivate people to run the latest one. Wtf would this one drop, rank 4s and pearls?

If the only thing someone is concerned about is 'what lootz is drop", then perhaps they are in the wrong place.

Common sentiment really and I think it is fair and reasonable that as part of a "D&D" game that there be something rewarding in the chests.

R5s get boring pretty quickly.
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Post edited by sweatapodimas on
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

litaaers said:

ghoulz66 said:

New dungeon is pointless when you can't even motivate people to run the latest one. Wtf would this one drop, rank 4s and pearls?

If the only thing someone is concerned about is 'what lootz is drop", then perhaps they are in the wrong place.

Common sentiment really and I think it is fair and reasonable that as part of a "D&D" game that there be something rewarding in the chests.

Any tabletop D7D player would agree with that: hack and slash contente MUST be rewarding. What's the point defeating the qeen of dragons when all you get is just an purple salvage equip, some useless rp itens and other junk?

Seriously guys, what would be of Drizzt if the "RNGezus" just trolled him while searching the treasure pile of Ingeloakastimizilian? He wouldn't ever find the Icingdeath sword. So, please, make dungeons runs worth the effort as it was pre-mod 6!
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User

lantern22 said:

litaaers said:

ghoulz66 said:

Any tabletop D7D player would agree with that: hack and slash contente MUST be rewarding. What's the point defeating the qeen of dragons when all you get is just an purple salvage equip, some useless rp itens and other junk?

Seriously guys, what would be of Drizzt if the "RNGezus" just trolled him while searching the treasure pile of Ingeloakastimizilian? He wouldn't ever find the Icingdeath sword. So, please, make dungeons runs worth the effort as it was pre-mod 6!
    That's because Drizzt isn't you. He's some relatively new player who got it from the RNG on his first try, then showed it to everybody asking if it was a good drop.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    And then somebody told him it was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and he salvaged it :wink:
    Jokes aside, please give us challenge like in mSP but good rewards (something like we had until mod 2, where the good sets were in the chests and you could choose your piece).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I'd like to have something more rewarding than the collection of white pearls i got from mSP lately. At least give us a dungeon very challenging. Im already bored of fbi and msp. Or a new class? Idk, something to do :/

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    eolee said:

I'd like to have something more rewarding than the collection of white pearls i got from mSP lately. At least give us a dungeon very challenging. Im already bored of fbi and msp. Or a new class? Idk, something to do :/

I think that devs consider "challenging" = dull dungeon runs and rewards...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    a New , or old reworked dungeons would be nice but it need to be unlocked FAST, i mean like the intro quest, not gated behind the full campaing grind. and the dungeon need to gives reward euqal to the effor you do for her...

Atm my alliance parters almost always say that MSpell Plague is a loss of time, is better to run 2x Epic Spider temple (again)...

No reason to put a new dungeon if is nothing special on that dungeon, bring more stuff like the gear you created with the new chest system.

Unique armor (pet or mount) that only drop in certain dungeon will keep that dungeon active after the mod went old...
  • bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I truly look forward to leaving the snow and ice behind. the amount of time I have spent here has been a horrible experience, and have thought of quitting just because I am tired of the same locations between iwd, and thunder; I am burnt-out of the frozen north.
    As a new/ older returning player, I hope something is done to get the gap between new toons and older ones closer. while leveling, and gearing myself up; i finally got FBI unlocked. Yet now not many are running it, they where running it multiple times a day; while i was still stuck behind. It will be the same for the last 2 dungeons, as I inch my way to get those unlocked.

it is frustrating get get something unlocked only to find most people are not running the content already in place due to bad rng, or just bad drops and loot or they have already grown tired of it.
    heck I haven't even started to work for relic gear, not sure i will even have that chance; before the new mod drops. At which point I fall to the back of the line all over again.
    It is not rewarding to get something unlocked yet spend 40 minutes in queue waiting to find others to run, and then fail.

i love the game play, but the gap between players is getting harsh and punishable to new toons.
    3 toons, my main is a GF which is finally getting decently geared at 11.8k, a lvl 70 dc NOT geared, and a low lvl hr i will not even work on. the amount of grind to get one toon geared is decent but multiple? NOT going to happen at this cost in money, and time.
    i do look forward to the new mod if only to get out of the ice and snow. dino's do not interest me, but the jungle will (i hope).
    with us getting so close to Calimshan do you think we can get some Al-Qadim flavor in game? say genies, flying carpets, fashion, weapons.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Being "Neverwinter" I never really cared for the jaunts all over Faerun.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    greywynd said:

After mod 10, they should of renamed the game, Alwayswinter.....
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    rubytrue said:

greywynd said:

After mod 10, they should of renamed the game, Alwayswinter.....
    But it is not always winter. The way the adventure zones are set up both in appearance and lore is taking to account that you're adventuring through specific areas or regions during a set time period in at specific point time. Each new zone takes place in an advancing chronological order following the one before. When you "go back" to an earlier zone, it's like you're going there at that time period when you first visited it.

A few zones, as we have seen with Elemental Evil, have brought remakes of earlier zones during a later time period. As well, pretty much everything north of Luskan (which is about 130 miles north of Neverwinter), and especially the Spine of the World mountain range (which is about 240 miles north of Neverwinter), is always covered in snow. Faerûn lays at the cusp of the northern hemisphere, akin to our northern Artic regions here on Earth. We actually rarely ever see "winter" while in any Neverwinter City zone, only during the Winter Festival when Protector's Enclave is updated for the event. After that, you travel to Twilight Tor (which is about 120 miles east of Neverwinter) during Winter.

The areas that take place around Caer Koing are about 300 or so miles north of Neverwinter in the Icewindale area. Then in Storm King's Thunder, the Sea of Moving Ice area is another 75 or so miles farther north yet, all of which are always covered in show despite the time of year.

Post edited by zebular on
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

As a new/ older returning player, I hope something is done to get the gap between new toons and older ones closer. while leveling, and gearing myself up; i finally got FBI unlocked. Yet now not many are running it, they where running it multiple times a day; while i was still stuck behind. It will be the same for the last 2 dungeons, as I inch my way to get those unlocked.

They have been very slowly making things easier for newer characters to "catch up" by adding things like the Company Gear (Mod 11B), making the Elemental (burning, drowned, etc) weapons craftable (Mod 10), and adding things like the Demon Hunters to places like the Well of Dragons and Dread Ring. It's now pretty much possible to get a new character geared out in level 420 stuff, with an elemental weapon and rank 8s almost as soon as you hit 70. But of course each new module adds more boons to grind out and it seems, dungeons/raids to unlock. They had it right with Demogorgon - Once one character has unlocked it, alts can also unlock it without having to progress through the campaign. I hope they take this approach with the Tomb of the 9 Gods and not require a month of grinding from every character wanting to run it.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I just did the "Investigate Gyrion" quest for the first time on an alt and when I re-read the page from Gyrion's journal, something clicked. Earlier in the week I ran across this video that goes over why Chult is the way it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_jFbxV7Q4

In Gyrion's journal he talks about a foe who even Elminster cannot handle and who threatens to destroy all of Faerun. "When he comes, he will be devoured by the Far Realm". So this foe is so terrible that Gyrion is willing to go to the most drastic measures to stop "him", whoever that is.

Now take the title of Mod 12: Tomb of Annihilation (emphasis mine). Whose tomb? Why "annihilation"? In the video above, the narrator mentions Dendar the Night Serpent who devoured the sun and who is currently imprisoned on Chult. Ub-Tao, who rules over the island, was given the task of ensuring that Dendar remains imprisoned, because if Dendar ever got free it would basically spell the end of the world. Perhaps Dendar is who Gyrion is concerned about -- perhaps Gyrion knows of a plot to free him from his imprisonment?

That would be bad. We might have to cross the streams on this one.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    ... and one other little thing, please cut down on any push- or knockbacks on bosses. The dragon fights during the Neverwinter Siege event nearly gave me motion sickness. :#
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

... and one other little thing, please cut down on any push- or knockbacks on bosses. The dragon fights during the Neverwinter Siege event nearly gave me motion sickness. :#

Entirely too much knocks and prones in SKT and RD. Meanwhile the players' control powers either kill things outright, negating the need of control, or the enemies are immune.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    baeyorn said:

...Tomb of Horrors...their way past the demi-lich at the end.

...SPOILERS! ;)

My module was so mouse eaten I had to toss it. :(
    I am going to guess a Mayan mummy/lich is the boss this time.
    They've already played the Sphere of Annihilation in this game, tho. Hm.

Oh, on my giant wall map of Greyhawk, I marked ToH in the swamp.
    Only one where I was forced to guess.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

So will we need 30% Dinosaur Breath Resist before we can enter the new dungeon? And will we empower the new gear with Dinosaur Blood?

You're too Cynical. Dinosaur bad breath is a wave-away.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    What? No Mythic 170% speed Velocirator mount?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I just did the "Investigate Gyrion" quest for the first time on an alt and when I re-read the page from Gyrion's journal, something clicked. Earlier in the week I ran across this video that goes over why Chult is the way it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_jFbxV7Q4

In Gyrion's journal he talks about a foe who even Elminster cannot handle and who threatens to destroy all of Faerun. "When he comes, he will be devoured by the Far Realm". So this foe is so terrible that Gyrion is willing to go to the most drastic measures to stop "him", whoever that is.

Now take the title of Mod 12: Tomb of Annihilation (emphasis mine). Whose tomb? Why "annihilation"? In the video above, the narrator mentions Dendar the Night Serpent who devoured the sun and who is currently imprisoned on Chult. Ub-Tao, who rules over the island, was given the task of ensuring that Dendar remains imprisoned, because if Dendar ever got free it would basically spell the end of the world. Perhaps Dendar is who Gyrion is concerned about -- perhaps Gyrion knows of a plot to free him from his imprisonment?

That would be bad. We might have to cross the streams on this one.

There's a hint about the new mod in Kabal Lair, the adventure's party at the start plan to go to a new place to make money, the say - Chult or Waterdeep ?

I pretty sure we will find them at some point there...
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Looks good. Do hope there's some insta-death mechanics in the dungeon that boot downed players from the party. It's either that or permadeath, which not many (any) would enjoy. The yawning green portal for example (which previously obliterated people going through) could throw players back to PE with a glorious "WTF" reaction. :P

Better if there are many portals, and only 1 is correct. You need to find all the clues to find the right one (which constantly changes per round).

More importantly, opening these other lands gives me hope we might see an official Ravenloft module yet. And/Or Spelljammer.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

More importantly, opening these other lands gives me hope we might see an official Ravenloft module yet. And/Or Spelljammer.

No and oh-hell-no.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    As a general note, things to avoid in the future: Undead, Cults and any group of 9.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    greywynd said:

No and oh-hell-no.
    Aw come on Grey, don't you look forward to having a guild owned spelljamming ship which then needs upgrading via coffer mimic for a few years which can provide crafting materials (complete with new crafting task), boons and random space adventures? Yeah when I say it like that it's not too appealing.:P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!