test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer 2017 Jubilee Zen Store 50% Off Sale - Any News, Will it Happen

hasil#2563 hasil Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I'm pretty new to Neverwinter and I'm hoping they do the 50% off zen store sale again this summer. Do we have any news on this? Is it something they have done every summer, or just last summer?

Thanks!

Comments

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    There is a good chance I believe it will happen. But you need to plan now, because ZAX is already rising.

Also, last year there were folks that got mad because it wasn't a 50% off event, it was 40%, they had calculated what they needed for a 50% discount and found themselves 10% short.

That's how I remember it anyway, but I'm getting old and nostalgia has more details than facts sometimes :P

Be prepared, and if they don't run any kind of sale, don't get disappointed, maybe even save that Zen for a more probable Black Friday sale.
  • gwhryrgwhryr Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Also, last year there were folks that got mad because it wasn't a 50% off event, it was 40%, they had calculated what they needed for a 50% discount and found themselves 10% short.

in summer last year it was 50%....on black friday it was 40% ;)
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Nothing is ever confirmed with a Sale on Zen prices. After past experiences where information was inadvertently put on the preview server then removed, I'm sure the dev team have learnt their lessons and wont be announcing anything until its ready and pretty much at the start of the sale (if there is one)
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    HAMSTER-U-ME nothing regarding a sale! There may or may not be a sale. There WILL be an event. Plan for the event over the sale. And have fun playing the game.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Yea, Black Friday was 40% plus a 15-25% charge bonus. You can effective get 50% or more but you'd have to spend some real money. I suspect they will do something similar for the anniversary. To not have a sale would be a huge disappointment.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017

I'm pretty new to Neverwinter and I'm hoping they do the 50% off zen store sale again this summer. Do we have any news on this? Is it something they have done every summer, or just last summer?

Thanks!

Summer doesn't start in the real world until the end of June, June 21st this year. In Neverwinter, the Summer Fest (originally known as Midsummer Fest), typically starts in the beginning of July. The last two years, it began during the second week of July (when it became known as "Summer Fest," prior to that, it started near the end of August (when it was known as Midsummer Fest). Don't expect any news on this year's Summer Fest until sometime (probably towards the end) of June.

It has happened every Summer since Neverwinter was released, so the chances of it happening this year are good. Exactly what it will entail, from sales to events, varies year to year and are not announced prior to the announcements regarding the event as a whole, which generally happen a few weeks prior to the start of the event.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    zebular said:

Thanks!

Summer doesn't start in the real world until the end of June, June 21st this year.
    Small aside, your statement about when Summer begins in the Real World is not strictly correct. It depends on whether you are talking about the Astrological start of Summer, which most of us know, love and abide by, or the Meterological start of Summer which was introduced a couple of centuries ago to help to make meterological data more useful...and that is only part of the story :) See here for a bit more information:

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/aboutseasons.html

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    qexotic said:

zebular said:

Thanks!

Summer doesn't start in the real world until the end of June, June 21st this year.
    Small aside, your statement about when Summer begins in the Real World is not strictly correct. It depends on whether you are talking about the Astrological start of Summer, which most of us know, love and abide by, or the Meterological start of Summer which was introduced a couple of centuries ago to help to make meterological data more useful...and that is only part of the story :) See here for a bit more information:

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/aboutseasons.html
    I was referring to the Summer Solstice, which is what the in game festival relates to (for the Forgotten's Realms seasons are based off of Earth's Astrological Seasons), which is the oldest and in my opinion, only true start of a Season. Meteorological Summer is like Daylight's Savings Time to me, something to make man's sense of time relevant to their environment. Astrological trumps. Given that the game takes place in, as well as the relating Forgotten Realms usage of Summer Solstice, it's easy to determine that I am referring to June Solstice of the Astrological Season's Northern Hemisphere. For, Midsummer Fest is a Faerûnian festival, based upon the Faerûnian Pantheon which holds it's power in the northern hemisphere of Toril, as is our game's server location here in North America.

In short, given the exact date I gave, it should be clear to which and where I was referring to. ;)

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    What's really funny is the potential major sale, whatever form it takes, is tied to the Protector's Jubilee.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Thats when the true use of the Promissory Note will be revealed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Thats when the true use of the Promissory Note will be revealed.

lol i discarded mine
  • hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    On xbox the note came up at 22K on the AH
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2017

On xbox the note came up at 22K on the AH

So? Just because someone is able to post a quest(ish) item on the AH doesn't mean it has inherent value, only that people will try to find a sucker to buy anything.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    It's grey, iirc... I don't think I've ever seen a grey quest item. So at a guess, it's a flavor item like the bag of holes...