Install Arc
Options

Age and Platform Poll

2»

Comments

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Weird, it looks like more PC players are checking this out than console players. I hope that doesn't mess up your results too much.

There's any way to make this pool more aknoledge for console players? I was in work co i cant say if you didnt already done this, but maybe mantioning it during tavern event...

The data in this poll is not even close to representing the population of this game. I bet there are more console players than PC. This info, at least player base by platform Cryptic should have on hand.

I believe Console would have more downloads but not more active players (but is just a hunch) not that's going to make any difference.
    Anyway i don't believe the idea is to measure that, (i believe it will measure the average age in each platform, but again, this is hunch...) and for that use, the sample from this pool may work well enough...
  • Options
    onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    I think on xbox there are many "older" players with profession. In our guild we have many older people with professions an enough money to spend. Treat your customers like adults and they give you the money. These (the adult) are the people with money not the kids :)
  • Options
    onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    and 1 thing to add. If you want to have a poll - try to do it on the consoles over the ARC app. Possible to win something an people will be doing it :)
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    onlymat said:

and 1 thing to add. If you want to have a poll - try to do it on the consoles over the ARC app. Possible to win something an people will be doing it :)

I thought the ARC app was only XBox
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    ravenskya said:

onlymat said:

I thought the ARC app was only XBox
    The ARC App is on the PC and XBOX. It is not on the PS4.

• Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    one small potential issue with your poll, is the assumption that the membership on the forum is equally representative of the player distribution....I don't have data to support it fully but I feel like console players could be less likely to be engaged with a web based forum in general as it is rather difficult to tab over to the web on console...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    Everytime i've seen a poll like these, i feel old (47).
    *going back to hear my favourite music: Near Death Metal.....*
  • Options
    niceduck#2839 niceduck Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    45 on PS4, played pnp over 10 years, all possible D&D solo games PC had, then NWN until NWN2 came and killed it. Now on Neverwinter. This is FAR away from D&D, but still best available :smiley: