test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Explorer boon doesnt work anymore

eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
Our guild is maxed with buildings, Explorer guild is at rank 10 and explorer's nodes only give 1 resource with boon active
@asterdahl

Comments

• melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It seems to be fixed now. Got double resources in Lonelywood
    Post edited by melindaoz on
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    melindaoz said:

It seems to be fixed now. Got double resources in Lonelywood

Still broken for me in caverns. Tried changing the boon out and back in and still didn't work.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I read that only the maps for the new areas give double resources, but they broke the old maps.

Maybe they felt it should be that way since they lowered the price of the maps...

Or they don't test things nearly enough before going live with code?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The new maps at 3k marks each are dropping 2 per node properly. The old maps that are now 1.5k marks each are back to dropping only 1 each. The Explorers Guild boon states that you earn double resources from explorers charts at level 6 and above.
    Doesn't look like it's in today's patch
  • haden42eehaden42ee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    Cryptic has a somewhat different definition of "soon". As an example, new classes have been "Coming soon" for 2+ years by now.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    it's ok we can wait the "soon". Plenty of stuffs to do this mod. Farm guild marks, buy MW materials,farm msp (for a r5), farm fbi(for a lesser thaumaturgic stone) craft (fail), respec my DC forever,rinse, repeat.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,213 Arc User
    haden42ee said:

Cryptic has a somewhat different definition of "soon". As an example, new classes have been "Coming soon" for 2+ years by now.

That is why kreatyve trademarked it. "Soon™". :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nodeexpoliters#8425 nodeexpoliters Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Why is it that everytime they have an update that involves masterworks, they break the proff nodes? This mod is a big anti climax with very little in it apart from MW for endgame.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

This mod is a big anti climax with very little in it apart from MW for endgame.

Well, it is a "-B" update and they have basically said that such updates will generally be focused on QoL issues and minor updates, not new content. I would actually say that the loadouts are a pretty big bonus for endgame players - just consider the GFs that can now switch between tank/DPS builds, or OPs that can switch between heal/tank builds etc.

If they fix the rewards for the Marauders that will be a pretty decent addition too.
    Hoping for improvements...
    haden42ee said:

And have had for 14 years, the trademarked version of soon was seen in City of Heroes from 2004.

Another patch goes by without a fix.
  • mtndogmtndog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Still waiting for this Explorer's Boon fix! Time is a' waistin'....and the mats I could be farming while the getting is good....welll...are sitting there. We worked hard for this boon for a reason. Please fix! :)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll try to get an update asap!
  • mtndogmtndog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    If you need more details, I am hearing the Explorer boon double drop is working with the new maps in Bryn Shander and Cold run. (I personally have not tried those) They are definitely NOT working in the old areas...Pirate's Skyhold, Mount Hotenow.....
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    eolee said:

it's ok we can wait the "soon". Plenty of stuffs to do this mod. Farm guild marks, buy MW materials,farm msp (for a r5), farm fbi(for a lesser thaumaturgic stone) craft (fail), respec my DC forever,rinse, repeat.

I feel that I'm missing out so much by not being there for that. <3 See you guys Soon™ when they fix the client crashes and I can stay logged in for more than pressing 2-3 buttons and having fatal errors.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• spelltrapspelltrap Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Preparing my anticipatory rant for tomorrow when the update still hasn't occurred. I personally sank 35 MILLION AD into our STRONGHOLD so our guild could get DOUBLE RESOURCES from each map. Either fix it or REFUND MY AD!!
    Captain Jack Level 70 DC.

.BLADE RUNNERS.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

haden42ee said:

Nope - Blizzard beat Cryptic by a few years saying "Soon™".
    I aim to misbehave
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    silence1x said:

haden42ee said:

Nope - Blizzard beat Cryptic by a few years saying "Soon™".
    While Blizzard has a history of "Soon™"s, I think Valve gets the win for the longest "Soon™" just for half-life.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    spelltrap said:

Preparing my anticipatory rant for tomorrow when the update still hasn't occurred. I personally sank 35 MILLION AD into our STRONGHOLD so our guild could get DOUBLE RESOURCES from each map. Either fix it or REFUND MY AD!!

Relax cupcake. No refunds.

• nodeexpoliters#8425 nodeexpoliters Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I'll try to get an update asap!

If preview notes are a guide (normally are), then there's no fix this week.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    If only the old nodes are affected, then what seems most critical to me is to fix it prior to the next profession event, which is at least a few weeks away.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2017
    No mention in the patch notes, but they appear to have fixed it.
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    I got double resources from old maps today, so I think it's fixed
  • hedrackohedracko Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I don't get double resources from new maps... It makes me so angry, it's the time when you could farm a bit, then it's broken...