test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red Dragon Heart can't be fed

zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
So I had aquired an account bound red dragon heart from a dungeon. I wanted to refine up a lantern so I thought "yay got a feeder at least." So I purchase 2 lanterns and a shard of valindra's crown to make a legendary latern with. I refine up 1 of the laterns and the shard to level 59 then feed them both into the dragon heart, then I try to feed the dragon heart into my lantern and can't. So I just wasted 200k AD of artifacts and 300k RPs and got nothing for it. There is nothing on the tool-tip or the collections page that says the dragon heart can't be fed. Other artifacts that can't like the simril beacon and holloween mask have notes on their collections page about this behavior. Also this artifact was from a dungeon and not an event. I've been told this is not WAI and is a bug. I tried submitting and in-game ticket but cannot see my ticket after submitting it and am told that's broken too. So is this intended behavior? If it is why doesn't the collections page have a note? I want my feeders back!

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Did you equip the Heart of the Red Dragon?

Because you can't refine something unless you "bind" it to your character.

(I'm pretty sure you already checked this, but I am curious, since I'm looking at the red dragon heart on some of my other characters)

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I think it's pretty likely that this is flagged as not refine-able because it was claimable as part of the dragonborn legend pack (and possibly reclaimable from there too).

And when it started dropping from dungeons as BoE they never adjusted the flags. Others have complained about this:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229937/heart-of-red-dragon-bug

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228885/heart-of-the-red-dragon-does-not-show-up-as-a-refinement

Complaints about this date back to long long ago. Here's a thread asking for this to be changed back in 2015...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/560622/please-let-us-use-legendary-sigils-and-red-dragon-heart-for-refinement

So maybe don't hold your breath hehe...
  • Options
    Then why isn't the collections page updated at least. I don't read the forums much and I definitely don't read stuff from 2015. This should be displayed in the tool-tip. There was no reasonable way for me to have known about this issue. As I said I just wasted 2 artifacts. I would be even more upset if I had used refinement items purchased with real money which eventually someone will if they haven't already if something isn't done. If this isn't corrected I can guarantee I won't ever be spending money on this game. As always cryptic and PWE live up to their bad reputation.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Then why isn't the collections page updated at least. I don't read the forums much and I definitely don't read stuff from 2015. This should be displayed in the tool-tip. There was no reasonable way for me to have known about this issue. As I said I just wasted 2 artifacts. I would be even more upset if I had used refinement items purchased with real money which eventually someone will if they haven't already if something isn't done. If this isn't corrected I can guarantee I won't ever be spending money on this game. As always cryptic and PWE live up to their bad reputation.

Lol all valid points. Have you submitted an in-game bug report?

I understand your frustration and I wasn't trying to be dismissive. Just trying to let you know you're not alone but this is a long-standing issue that is unlikely to be prioritized in the immediate future. But if we continue prodding along with bug reports maybe it'll get pulled into a bug bash down the line.
  • Options
    I tried to but I can't see the ticket. Apparently the ticket system is bugged too so either it went through and I just can't view it or it didn't even go through.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If your ticket went in, you should be able to see it. Maybe try on the arc website.

Don't hold your breath. You'll likely get a response from customer service that you need to pay better attention (which is odd cause in most cases of mistakes, there was nothing to pay attention to), or something like that.

Unfortunately, there are just a lot of things that happen in game that you just have to figure out. Like, if you use a bound transmute on a bound to account weapon, it becomes bound to character - which is wonderful....
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    Yes, we need to be careful and know about the pitfall from other mean.
    e.g.
    If you put a overload enchantment to a bound to account gear, the gear will bound to character.
    Any reclaimable item cannot be used as a feeder.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited April 2017

e.g.
    If you put a overload enchantment to a bound to account gear, the gear will bound to character.

I didn't know it was reclaimable? How was I supposed to know that? Most artifacts that have this flag such as the illusionist's mask and simril artifact have a note in their collections page that says that they cannot be refined into other items. The dragon hearts do not have this note though so the absence of it would lead one to believe that they can be. Further the one that I had was not reclaimable, if I discard it or feed it I will not be able to get another so I should be able to use it as a feeder. To make matters worse I refined up two other artifacts and fed them into this one so I am out 200k AD plus 300k RPs on top of the fact that my dungeon loot was worthless for my build. Also now the dragon heart is bound to character instead of account from the refining of it so I can't even try to use it for an alt that it would be good for. And as I said, there was no indication at all in either the tool-tip or the collections that this particular artifact had this trait so how was I supposed to know?

@nitocris83 At the very very least can you at least have the devs add a note to the tool-tip on this artifact, or better yet make this flag's status display in the tool-tip for all items so no one else makes the same mistake in the future.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

e.g.

I didn't know it was reclaimable? How was I supposed to know that? Most artifacts that have this flag such as the illusionist's mask and simril artifact have a note in their collections page that says that they cannot be refined into other items. The dragon hearts do not have this note though so the absence of it would lead one to believe that they can be. Further the one that I had was not reclaimable, if I discard it or feed it I will not be able to get another so I should be able to use it as a feeder. To make matters worse I refined up two other artifacts and fed them into this one so I am out 200k AD plus 300k RPs on top of the fact that my dungeon loot was worthless for my build. Also now the dragon heart is bound to character instead of account from the refining of it so I can't even try to use it for an alt that it would be good for. And as I said, there was no indication at all in either the tool-tip or the collections that this particular artifact had this trait so how was I supposed to know?

@nitocris83 At the very very least can you at least have the devs add a note to the tool-tip on this artifact, or better yet make this flag's status display in the tool-tip for all items so no one else makes the same mistake in the future.
    The part I forget to put into my statement is:

Yes, (this game sucks in documentation that) we need to be careful and (are forced to) know about the pitfall from other mean.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I've seen a number of VERY unhappy people in various chat channels about this. I'm guessing it was only available from the pack and reclaimable originally, but the tooltip that is there on the sigils was left off. Then it became possible to acquire it by other means, and the lack of tooltip became crucial, as it is one of the cheapest artifacts of power on the AH. Realistically the ones you can sell should be allowed to be feeders, but if that's not technically possible the tooltip must be there. Buying one and feeding it enough RP to get to close to level 100 is hundreds of thousands of ADs down the drain (which could have been bought with real money), so this should be treated pretty seriously.

@nitocris83 you need to get something done about this fast or get support to treat the problem as yours not ours
  • Options
    Not to mention the loss of the 2x RP event because by the time this gets resolved(if it even does) or the time players are able to grind for AD and RP to replace what was lost the event will be over. Which means we will have to wait for the next one to make our artifacts which could be 6 months. I feel bad for anyone that actually spent real money to be able to buy these artifacts.
  • Options
    So just to update I did get a response from support but they don't seem to understand what the issue actually is. They asked for "more details." I wrote a reply that should explain the issue but I am still waiting to see what they actually do about it. This still won't fix the problem for everyone else that is or has had this issue though.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    So after 2 days of back and forth with support, taking screen shots for them, etc. they have finally acknowledged that this is a bug which I had already told them it was in my very first message when I opened the ticket. They then direct me to submit a bug report on the forum, which I have obviously also already done. All while having done absolutely nothing to actually resolve my issue.

Great customer support you guys have! [/sarcasm]

I have sent them a reply explaining what I would like for them to do that I would consider to be an acceptable solution. I will update this thread if the do come around and actually solve my problem but at this point I'm not going to hold my breath.

@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 My support ticket reference # is 170413-000733 if you or the devs want to review the back and forth the support or the screen shots I sent them. Can we at the very least get some response to tell us you will at least update the tool-tip so no one else falls victim to the same bug?

Below I have quoted supports last response which they seem to think resolves the issue as far as they are concern(which is does not):

Mod removed private correspondence.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    -

Oh lol...

Never noticed it was there! :p
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Ummm, thanks, but for further issues, click the "Flag" button that is next to the "Quote" button, to report the issue. Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Seriously?!

Well since I can't post "private correspondence" here I will simply state that after everything was said and done my contacting customer service was a complete and utter waste of time and they were completely unwilling to do anything to correct an issue that is clearly the result of a bug due to a developers extreme laziness or incompetence when reusing code from another application.

That settles it, I will not ever be spending real money on this game or any other cryptic/PWE game. After this I find myself much less inclined to even play the game for free, let alone actually spend money on it.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I can flag this to the Devs as an ongoing concern.

One thing to keep in mind is that things that are considered "quick changes/fixes" on the outside, are often a lot more time-consuming so then we need to gauge percentage of people being impacted vs. time it will take to resolve in order to prioritize. With these cases we are sometimes able to discuss as a group (Devs, Community, CS) an action response but it's circumstance dependent.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2017

This should be displayed in the tool-tip. There was no reasonable way for me to have known about this issue.

True, welcome to the club.
    Fwiw, the same is true at least for the Union-Artifact Beacon of Simril
    and I think also for the Globe of the Third Eye

The only "artifacts" I was aware of to be un-refineable are sigils. And they have it written in their text.
    All the other have to be considered a bug or (most unlikely) an attempt to entice money/value out of you.

*edit typo*
    Post edited by nameexpired on
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Sigils have the added text:
    May not be used to refine other items.

Which makes it clear that they cannot be used. The text is missing from the abeove mentioned, and I am not sure about the "Illusionist's Mask" artifact, either.
    Do any more come to mind?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    > @nameexpired said:
    > This should be displayed in the tool-tip. There was no reasonable way for me to have known about this issue.
    >
    > True, welcome to the club.
    > Fwiw, the same is true at least for the Union-Artifact Beacon of Simril
    > and I think also for the Globe of the Third Eye
    >
    > The only "artifacts" I was aware of to be un-refineable are sigils. And they have it written in their text.
    > All the other have to be considered a bug or (most unlikely) an attempt to entice money/value out of you.
    >
    > *edit typo*

The beacon of simril has a note on its collections page. The globe of the third eye you can use as a feeder but can never get it back afterwards(Bruno's Helm works like this too).

The illusionist mask and heart of the red dragon are missing any indication of their not refinement property. The illusionist mask you get for free from an event, and get another one whenever you don't have it I believe, so it's reasonable for them to consider that one obvious for anyone who has been playing the game for a length of time. It will still not be obvious to newbies though. The dragon heart is not obvious at all, when was the last time they actually sold the legendary dragonborn pack?

We should make a list of all the artifacts that can't be feeders and whether or not they have a note and where it is if they do.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

The dragon heart is not obvious at all, when was the last time they actually sold the legendary dragonborn pack?

The legendary dragonborn pack may be one of the best seller for those who has more than 2 toons.
    It is a very good deal. It is not about getting the dragonborn race. It is about getting the bag for
    every single toon you have and you will have. Think about how much you need to pay to buy one bag and then think about how much it will cost to have one extra bag for every toon you have.

Let me put it this way. I bought the cheap version to get the dragonborn race. Later, I still bought the legendary dragonborn pack for the purpose of getting the bags.
  • Options
    So it is still available? Does it still contain the red dragon heart?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Yup.

To make a Red Dragon Heart valid for refinement fodder, it would have to use a different item ID than the original one. They probably would be able to sort out which existing items should be altered based on querying something like pack owner=false. But that is just theorizing on my part.

(When the other Dragon Heart artifacts were introduced, there was a period of time when none of them could be used for refinement due to being copied from the Red and that bit not changed. They were eventually fixed, but since none were reclaimable, the fix could be globally applied.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

Yes, full price is 7500 Zen. Don't buy it until there is a Zen store sale.
  • Options
    > @beckylunatic said:
    > So it is still available? Does it still contain the red dragon heart?
    >
    > Yup.
    >
    > To make a Red Dragon Heart valid for refinement fodder, it would have to use a different item ID than the original one. They probably would be able to sort out which existing items should be altered based on querying something like pack owner=false. But that is just theorizing on my part.
    >
    > (When the other Dragon Heart artifacts were introduced, there was a period of time when none of them could be used for refinement due to being copied from the Red and that bit not changed. They were eventually fixed, but since none were reclaimable, the fix could be globally applied.)

Well the one I got had a different binding status and different quality than the ones that would come from the dragonborn pack so I would think it already has a different item ID. But since it was copied from the original just like the other color hearts there's your problem.