test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC- Cleric Build for Mod 11, after the updated changes

dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
Hello all, So I just made a new DC to tinker around on as a side project. I was looking for a max/pure dps build for a DC but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Could someone point me in the right direction please.
"The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The new changes haven't been released on Preview yet so it is impossible to actually update or make any guides. Ultimately, all that is changing DPS wise is that many spells are getting a damage buff. AA is getting a nerf and Terrifying Insight a rework, but anything people say at the moment regarding how it will work out, pure speculation.

However IMO ths biggest difference between Righteous debuffer and DPS is going to be in pets, making sure you have enough RI and rotation.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I would probably suggest @putzboy78's DO Righteous build.

You might want to consider waiting for the DC changes to hit live (where they get a glorious glorious 30% damage boost for most powers in addition to other goodies). The DC community might find some interesting stuff for DPS.

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I would probably suggest @putzboy78's DO Righteous build.

You might want to consider waiting for the DC changes to hit live (where they get a glorious glorious 30% damage boost for most powers in addition to other goodies). The DC community might find some interesting stuff for DPS.

30% boost in damage for most DC powers are going to really help the DC class out. I am waiting for the DC revamp to play Icewind Dale and Sea of moving Ice. My DC is simply going to get his artifact gear of neck and waist to legendary and get his artifacts to mythical. After that I will sit him until the DC revamp hits console. I'm in no rush to be top IL and BiS with him. No desire for that ATM.
  • Options
    jaolez#7794 jaolez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Does anyone know when this is likely to be rolled out (PS4)?
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

30% boost in damage for most DC powers are going to really help the DC class out. I am waiting for the DC revamp to play Icewind Dale and Sea of moving Ice. My DC is simply going to get his artifact gear of neck and waist to legendary and get his artifacts to mythical. After that I will sit him until the DC revamp hits console. I'm in no rush to be top IL and BiS with him. No desire for that ATM.

I ran my DO Virt through IWD with do problem.. sure, it was slower than on my DPS-based classes, but she still did well.

Now that she's over 3k ilvl, she steamrolls that content.

Bearing in mind this is a heal/shield/buff build, not a DPS build.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

No, the livestream says you can estimate when mod 11 will come to PS4 based on past launches but noone knows for sure when xbox/ps4 launches will be approved by microsoft/playstation
  • Options

Great we already suffered through the horrible "I'm going to do DPS" Guardian Fighter trash that was popular at the beginning of mod 10. The Tactician Guardian Fighter is clearly still the best for group content. Stick with buff and debuff and heals. Nobody needs a high dps Cleric. My Cleric does just fine doing dailies. Get your resistance ignored to 60% and switch a companion out for solo content. I do just fine in SOMI dailies.

Well, I mean, there's a marked difference between the good DPS GFs and the bad ones.

While the DC might go through this "want to DPS" time period, fortunately (?), it won't last as long as the GFs.

The DC simply doesn't have enough weapon damage or good passives (awful level base, meh ability coefficients, only a few feats which give meaningful damage bonuses) to even compete with toptier DPSers of similar gear level. Eventually, people will wisen up and realize that unlike the GF, the DC doesn't quite have the tools to compete with the toptier DPSers.

(Well, I would hope the latter would happen...)

• Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    rjc9000 said:

Great we already suffered through the horrible "I'm going to do DPS" Guardian Fighter trash that was popular at the beginning of mod 10. The Tactician Guardian Fighter is clearly still the best for group content. Stick with buff and debuff and heals. Nobody needs a high dps Cleric. My Cleric does just fine doing dailies. Get your resistance ignored to 60% and switch a companion out for solo content. I do just fine in SOMI dailies.

Well, I mean, there's a marked difference between the good DPS GFs and the bad ones.

While the DC might go through this "want to DPS" time period, fortunately (?), it won't last as long as the GFs.

The DC simply doesn't have enough weapon damage or good passives (awful level base, meh ability coefficients, only a few feats which give meaningful damage bonuses) to even compete with toptier DPSers of similar gear level. Eventually, people will wisen up and realize that unlike the GF, the DC doesn't quite have the tools to compete with the toptier DPSers.

I agree in principle. A DPS DC isnt going to the damage a DPS gf can do, but I do actually think it's going to be a viable build with some caveats. I do think the priority will still be buffing, and a DO DC will likely need to sacrificed some stats that they currently have to up their recovery/ap gain (for double daily/or at least, increased use of HG), but they will also be able to focus more on dps.

A DO can lessen it's focus on power (since they only have WoL) allowing for a greater focus on crit/recovery, feat into essentially all the damage increasing feats (since they dont have to go into the virtuous tree at all). Companions choices are relatively similar, but they could also choose the dps oriented active bonuses. They also can benefit from the lance of faith buff (blended in with BotS) whereas a ACDC are forced into using BoB.

All in all, there damage will be significantly higher than it is, and a DO DC be more viable as the sole DC in a group (though I still think AC will be better), and will be preferred as the 2nd cleric in a 2 dc group (thanks to TI + PoD kinda + more damage). I'm really excited for these changes personally.

I do agree a full DPS DC (ie...slotting DL over BTS) is a disservice to their respective group, but I just think taking on "more" of a DPS build wont hurt/may benefit the DO DC buff build.

What I am MORE interested/worried about is the change to AP gain (specifically; no more ap gain from chains). I've been all excited about the potential of double dailies, and am wondering if I'll actually be able to do it (efficiently). At least with a DO, the AP gain isnt as important (TI is a personal; HG is their main buff). Any ability for them to "double daily" will be presumably to just throw in a FS or a DA (if needed). But an AC will struggle to spam AA + slip in an HG.

Even if you forget the premise of double dailies, do you think an ACDC will be able to spam AA like we can currently? If not, then perhaps this further balances the buffs provided by AC and DO?
  • Options

rjc9000 said:

I agree in principle. A DPS DC isnt going to the damage a DPS gf can do, but I do actually think it's going to be a viable build with some caveats. I do think the priority will still be buffing, and a DO DC will likely need to sacrificed some stats that they currently have to up their recovery/ap gain (for double daily/or at least, increased use of HG), but they will also be able to focus more on dps.

A DO can lessen it's focus on power (since they only have WoL) allowing for a greater focus on crit/recovery, feat into essentially all the damage increasing feats (since they dont have to go into the virtuous tree at all). Companions choices are relatively similar, but they could also choose the dps oriented active bonuses.

All in all, there damage will be significantly higher than it is, and will be more viable as the sole DC in a group (though I still think AC will be better), and will be preferred as the 2nd cleric in a 2 dc group (thanks to TI + PoD kinda + more damage). I'm really excited for these changes personally.
    Actually, with a Artificer's build, I think the DO can stack power and skip stacking Recovery. And HG has such a long cooldown (45 seconds) that I don't think it will be that hard to gain another daily attack before HG comes off cooldown (although the Divinity AP changes might make a difference for that). I don't think PoD will be that useful, unless the team's debuff potential is low (or if PoD got changed to an uncapped debuff).

Imo, the real comparison between AC and DO is, AA vs. Terrifying.

TI is a stable 20% damage bonus that is easy to manage: just paint enemies with TI and let your teammates do the rest.

AA's damage bonus can vary wildly, depending on your DC's base power, as well as the team's Bondings. In addition, if your team is getting hit by many DoT effects (ex: Kabal in Spellplague, manticore DoT in SKT instances, etc.), AA's power buff is going to disappear quickly. I don't think the new AA will outstrip TI for most DCs, unless your team has high quality Bondings and your DC is stacking a large amount of power.

I wouldn't say AC is better in all/every situation, as each have their pros and cons.

I personally think DO is better for newer DCs (daily is fire and forget, TI is paint and forget, buffs don't depend on gear), whereas AC is better for more experienced/dedicated DCs (DCs who have large amounts of power and know when their AA's powershare will make a difference). However, as stated, teams will be at their strongest if you mix the two DC types, which is pretty good for balance imo.

• Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    rjc9000 said:

rjc9000 said:

A DO can lessen it's focus on power (since they only have WoL) allowing for a greater focus on crit/recovery, feat into essentially all the damage increasing feats (since they dont have to go into the virtuous tree at all). Companions choices are relatively similar, but they could also choose the dps oriented active bonuses.

All in all, there damage will be significantly higher than it is, and will be more viable as the sole DC in a group (though I still think AC will be better), and will be preferred as the 2nd cleric in a 2 dc group (thanks to TI + PoD kinda + more damage). I'm really excited for these changes personally.
    Actually, with a Artificer's build, I think the DO can stack power and skip stacking Recovery. And HG has such a long cooldown (45 seconds) that I don't think it will be that hard to gain another daily attack before HG comes off cooldown (although the Divinity AP changes might make a difference for that). I don't think PoD will be that useful, unless the team's debuff potential is low (or if PoD got changed to an uncapped debuff).

Imo, the real comparison between AC and DO is, AA vs. Terrifying.

TI is a stable 20% damage bonus that is easy to manage: just paint enemies with TI and let your teammates do the rest.

AA's damage bonus can vary wildly, depending on your DC's base power, as well as the team's Bondings. In addition, if your team is getting hit by many DoT effects (ex: Kabal in Spellplague, manticore DoT in SKT instances, etc.), AA's power buff is going to disappear quickly. I don't think the new AA will outstrip TI for most DCs, unless your team has high quality Bondings and your DC is stacking a large amount of power.

I wouldn't say AC is better in all/every situation, as each have their pros and cons.

I personally think DO is better for newer DCs (daily is fire and forget, TI is paint and forget, buffs don't depend on gear), whereas AC is better for more experienced/dedicated DCs (DCs who have large amounts of power and know when their AA's powershare will make a difference). However, as stated, teams will be at their strongest if you mix the two DC types, which is pretty good for balance imo.
    Ha. I was editing my post and then saw you basically added everything that I did.

As I alluded to in my edit, I think the actual comparison will be AA+HG vs TI+HG; not just in what they "can" do (AC wins) but how often they are affected by these skills (because of ap gain / short range of AA) and/or the power received from AA (dc's base power / bonding stones of recipient / whether you hit person + companion or missed 1, etc).

I'd argue your stance on recovery. I think it will be more important then ever (specifically for DO's). I agree you'll be able to have another HG ready to go before the old one expires, but I would think you want it even quicker then that due to your group moving through the dungeon. I don't think you'll get it down to "perma" due to that base 45 secs, but having it ready as often as possible will (to me), make recovery more important.

In terms of buffing your team, I think it will be closer than many think making both popular (good!!!), but at the end of the day, my guess is that, like you said, an experienced DC with an experienced team <- the AC will win out.

Artificers will play a large part in that for sure but it's uptime is also not permanent unless you're animation cancelling or "missing" with your artifact. Both of those methods (to me anyway) are a massive pita / unenjoyable. I'd rather spec toward not needing that as much as possible which I believe can be done effectively (I do still pull it out of my bag of tricks for our speed run attempts though)
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    its in preview now, you can check it.
    DO got the edge now, but it will take us time to find all the bugs so maybe AC will suprise

only changes i saw is waht wrtien in the post, off hand class feture are still bad etc.

AA last less then 2 sec now, even agianst single little spider. its weak and chance to get the buff buck from ur companion is low

• Options
    a
    plavia said:

its in preview now, you can check it.
    DO got the edge now, but it will take us time to find all the bugs so maybe AC will suprise

only changes i saw is waht wrtien in the post, off hand class feture are still bad etc.

AA last less then 2 sec now, even agianst single little spider. its weak and chance to get the buff buck from ur companion is low

Omg, I was rofling last night when I was trying out Terrifying Insight.

It's a party only buff, ala ITF. Which means that in raids, there will be giant epeen fights from DPSers over who gets the DO in their team.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Speaking as a DO, I am happy with the changes - would be happier if they were not buggy, and I really would have liked our Paragon-specific daily made a bit less useless, but well...

As for the AC, I think AA may have been nerfed a bit too much. It was way overpowered, but making it too weak may not be the right approach.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    In preview test runs.
    Not me.

AC-Virtuous
    eCC run 5men: youtube.com/watch?v=O-FVngchuVQ&t=4s

DO-Virtuous(?)
    CN run 3men: youtube.com/watch?v=Qd9aZkzldo0
    eTOS run 3men: youtube.com/watch?v=lbRvc0rfIWM

I test and myself the new changes i rly dont know...i think with my experience in DC class all this year the best way is DO-Righteous....to much buff to much damage and power sharing...

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options

Make DC great again! Back to mod 5 status!

I wouldn't mind if that was acompanied by the High Prophet set being worked back to Mod5 status...

• Options
    illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    With AC and adapted build it almost is possible with combos to have both HG and AA up during boss fight - Tested on Puppets without guild boons and mobs around - It should be definitely challenging in combat however on dummies AP gain is not relevant so ..so far i believe AC will stay the end game profile.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I've been testing the changes on preview.
    Ran solo and group content on both my RiDO and my RiAC.
    Also, to get the teammate perspective, ran my GF with Kali Gold's RiDO through eCC, CN, eToS and FBI on preview yesterday.
    Props to Kali Gold, BTW. That guy is hilarious. Check out his YouTube and twitch.
    After about 6 hours of preview exposure to the AA nerf, HG cool down change and Terrifying Insight buff I reached these conclusions IMHO:
    1) The RiDO is back.
    Terrifying Insight will be a must-have party buff comparable to Into the Fray. Mobs absolutely melt with TI stacks on preview.
    2) dSunburst and dDGlow are the most efficient encounters for the new RiDO...

EDIT: "After they fix the missing damage application of Terrifying Insight".

They paint TI and Foresight in an AoE, sunburst with a DoT which stacks TI.
    3)Terrifying Insight AC+DO+GF(KV, ITF)+DPSx2 will be the new meta.
    AC on preview is able to run AA and HG simultaneously. Couple that with the DO's Foresight feated with Benefit of foresight and GF's Knight's Valor and you have true one-shot mitigation.
    Even the reduced AA power-sharing is replaced by the combined devastation of the new TI plus Into the Fray.
    Post edited by dread4moor on
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options

Also, to get the teammate perspective, ran my GF with Kali Gold's RiDO through eCC, CN, eToS and FBI on preview yesterday.

Props to Kali Gold, BTW. That guy is hilarious. Check out his YouTube and twitch.

After about 6 hours of preview exposure to the AA nerf, HG cool down change and Terrifying Insight buff I reached these conclusions IMHO:

1) The RiDO is back.

Terrifying Insight will be a must-have party buff comparable to Into the Fray. Mobs absolutely melt with TI stacks on preview.

2) dSunburst and dDGlow are the most efficient encounters for the new RiDO.

AC on preview is able to run AA and HG simultaneously. Couple that with the DO's Foresight feated with Benefit of foresight and GF's Knight's Valor and you have true one-shot mitigation.

Even the reduced AA power-sharing is replaced by the combined devastation of the new TI plus Into the Fray.

Preview TI is a party buff, you don't need to paint enemies with it (although I wish it was a "paint" damage bonus ala Combat Superiority).

Literally, the DO just needs to slot in TI. Damage bonus given. The DO could literally just do nothing and follow the team around, yet the team still benefits from TI. If the DO drops dead, then TI disappears.

• Options
    @rjc9000
    "Preview TI is a party buff, you don't need to paint enemies with it (although I wish it was a "paint" damage bonus ala Combat Superiority)."

Sorry... should have prefaced my comment with the statement "After they fix the missing damage application of TI".

As was discussed on Kali's stream and in the preview section there is no way in hell that TI can remain a truly "passive" passive when it hits productive.
    The original TI was indeed "painted" and as Kali noted, if they don't apply that then RiDO will be a mindless no-talent Buff Bot.
    Considering theselling changes were spurred by complaints of AA talent-free cheese, I doubt they will let the current easy-mode reach production.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options

Usually 3-4 months after it hits PC has been the norm for NW.
  • Options

1) The RiDO is back.

Wondering about TI changes for group buffing. Does a DC DO that has IT slotted on test is now better for the group buffing than say a AC with BoB and AA, or do you feel both are going to be equally viable for group buffing?

I was originally a DO for most of my leveling and than when I hit 70 I took my time and read plenty up on the AC and DO paths along with what would work for me as a player. I ended up going AC and enjoy it a lot. If this revamps results in another broken mechanic for DC encouraging us to play a specific path over the other one, than the Devs really should fix it now before it hits live.

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Personally, I think that both AC and DO will still be viable, but the two options offer some tradeoffs:
    • DO will offer stronger direct damage buffs and debuffs, but less healing and power buff. Damage buffs are multiplicative (good) so they don't have diminishing returns (bad) like power and don't have a cap (sad) like debuffs.
    • AC will offer weaker direct damage buffs and fewer debuffs, but will instead provide a power buff. Power buffs have diminishing returns (bad) with respect to damage contribution (those with higher power to begin with will benefit less than those with lower power). However, power buffs benefit healing, a wide variety of insignia bonuses (both dmg and utility, neither of which should be overlooked), and also now weapon enchantment scaling.
    So when you get down to it, are you better served by multiplicative dmg bonuses or the power buff with its related synergies? In my opinion, it depends on your preferred play style and your gear.

AC power sharing is significantly gear-dependent, since you need to stack "base" power. This limits your gear selection, favoring static +power stuff and ruling out underdark rings and twisted weps, and also influences your boon selections.

DO allows for a broader variety of gear, because you're no longer going to be so focused on stacking "base" power. It's also generally less gear-dependent (TI don't care about your ilvl), so may be a better option for those with a more limited budget.

The best part is that AC and DO will continue to work very well together with not a lot of overlap. <3

Edit: If you're not familiar with the concept of "base" power you can check out http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1227832/reference-power-sharing
  • Options
    @mebengalsfan#9264
    "Wondering about TI changes for group buffing. Does a DC DO that has IT slotted on test is now better for the group buffing than say a AC with BoB and AA, or do you feel both are going to be equally viable for group buffing? "

On preview RiDO buff far far exceeds AC due to reduced power sharing.

" If this revamps results in another broken mechanic for DC encouraging us to play a specific path over the other one, than the Devs really should fix it now before it hits live. "
    Watch Kali Gold's preview video on this (keep the volume down because he gets a bit heated on the topic).
    Kali thinks the pendulum will swing to the DO. It will if they do not place the damage-to-process requirement for TI.
    Truly passive 30+% damage buff is unacceptable.
    IMO, it will not remain this was on live.
    If so, AC and DO will both be viable options as @dupeks answered and I agree.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options

@mebengalsfan#9264

"Wondering about TI changes for group buffing. Does a DC DO that has IT slotted on test is now better for the group buffing than say a AC with BoB and AA, or do you feel both are going to be equally viable for group buffing? "

On preview RiDO buff far far exceeds AC due to reduced power sharing.

" If this revamps results in another broken mechanic for DC encouraging us to play a specific path over the other one, than the Devs really should fix it now before it hits live. "

Watch Kali Gold's preview video on this (keep the volume down because he gets a bit heated on the topic).

Kali thinks the pendulum will swing to the DO. It will if they do not place the damage-to-process requirement for TI.

Truly passive 30+% damage buff is unacceptable.

IMO, it will not remain this was on live.

If so, AC and DO will both be viable options as @dupeks answered and I agree.

I been part of a testing community before and well to put it lightly, in that game whatever the devs put into test was almost always what we got in live with little to no changes. Hopefully it is not like that in this game. I would hate to see a build I like ruined to only be replaced by the other paragon path.

I like what they did with the GF after they fixed Command Strike as my old build works just as good today as it did prior to the fix. I'm hoping to see something similar with the DC.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Oh i say it first for BiDO im happy for that :D:p

1) The RiDO is back.

Wondering about TI changes for group buffing. Does a DC DO that has IT slotted on test is now better for the group buffing than say a AC with BoB and AA, or do you feel both are going to be equally viable for group buffing?

I was originally a DO for most of my leveling and than when I hit 70 I took my time and read plenty up on the AC and DO paths along with what would work for me as a player. I ended up going AC and enjoy it a lot. If this revamps results in another broken mechanic for DC encouraging us to play a specific path over the other one, than the Devs really should fix it now before it hits live.
    Now for AA...im telling you for sure the AA is completely dead! 100%!
    The AC build...as this played now with the changes is absolutely useless in pve!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2017

The AC build...as this played now with the changes is absolutely useless in pve!

Have you taken a look at the aforementioned Kali Gold eCC run on preview or run your own tests? I haven't had a chance to test personally yet but it doesn't look like AA is 100% useless.

Sure it might turn out that DO damage buff is superior, especially for low-to-mid geared DCs, but I don't think it's going to completely blow up high geared AC builds entirely.

In a high-end team, folks are not getting hit left and right because mobs are mostly dying before they get more than a hit in. In addition, power share benefits healing (ok not super relevant) but also many insignia bonuses (arti's, shep's, magi's) and now weapon enchant scaling. It's also not limited to party, which can be a pain in larger group content.

So yeah DO is finally relevant again. That's not exactly a bad thing. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that AC build is absolutely useless, it might just not be the best at direct damage buffs anymore. It also further separates the builds so that running with 2 DC is even more sensible than before (we could debate whether that's good for the game or not).
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @pantelee
    "Wondering about TI changes for group buffing. Does a DC DO that has IT slotted on test is now better for the group buffing than say a AC with BoB and AA, or do you feel both are going to be equally viable for group buffing?"

Yes. Current preview DO greatly surpasses AC in damage buff.
    See my earlier comments about viability.
    Edit:
    AC is NOT useless. AA still gives good mitigation and both AA and BoB give modest power. Also AC can run AA and HG simultaneously/in overlap due to the cooldown nerf which is a big advantage.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options

Oh i say it first for BiDO im happy for that :D:p

1) The RiDO is back.

I wouldn't say AA is "deaddead" (it's not on the level of Archer HR or Damnation SW). It stills gives a Power buff and mitigation buffs. Just not like today.

Since the new AA will disappears within the blink of an eye (and requires significant gear investment to get the most of), this renders the one defining feature of AC somewhat... underwhelming.

DO is simply easier to use and much more versatile.