test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Updated System Requirements Implementation

Comments

• seaners4realseaners4real Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I guess I'm done playing. :(
    Never seemed to have any problems playing on my laptop with integrated video. Since I can't upgrade/add a video card to my Toshiba Satellite P55t-A, I'd have to buy a new computer to play.
    I like this 'free' game, but not enough to spend several hundred dollars on a new laptop.

Thanks for the fun.
  • drabthidrabthi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Great, wonderful... but could you fix the version detection for ATI graphic drivers? Rather annoying to have the game tell me they're out of date, when it's the latest version.
  • alyanuralyanur Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Never seemed to have any problems playing on my laptop with integrated video. Since I can't upgrade/add a video card to my Toshiba Satellite P55t-A, I'd have to buy a new computer to play.
    I like this 'free' game, but not enough to spend several hundred dollars on a new laptop.

Thanks for the fun.

Same here. After playing for years without any problem with my Toshiba Satellite, I suddenly can´t play Neverwinter anymore.

Really...?

I can´t believe it :(
  • daddy3dman81#7514 daddy3dman81 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    alyanur said:

Thanks for the fun.

Same here. After playing for years without any problem with my Toshiba Satellite, I suddenly can´t play Neverwinter anymore.

Really...?

I can´t believe it :(
    I have a Toshiba too... an Satellite L655. About 6 years old. It runs other games just fine, with only a 2.00 GHz Intel Pentium P6100 processor, and 2.000 integrated Graphics! Other game still don't have much problems. Some lag on occasion... But never crashing like I do on NW! Surely there has to be a solution!

I'm running 2.0 Ghz processor and the requirement are ONLY 2.8 GHz... a .8 difference? Should not be a problem when other games I play req 3.0 Ghz or higher, and my computer still manages those.

Should I try overclocking my Processor? The thought has occured to me! Maybe I'll find way to reduce the settings in game and see if I can't upgrade Dx to 12 or something.
  • nilchetnilchet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Is there a significant delay on support for this issue? I have directx 11, hardware version 11, win 7 etc etc and cannot get the game to run.. per the OP, reference this post, include all the data..which I did... 4 DAYS AGO.. and not even a reply that they are lookin at it. is there another way to get someone to tell me what's going on ?
  • mephisto#2301 mephisto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    the never ending lag after the latest update even on the lowest setting possible. -_- goodbye my fellow adventurers
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    good move getting rid of mac and linux players, they smell funny
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

What's this change supposed to do? Make the naughty lag go away?

lol if only, if you open the developer UI on any map in game youll see they are way over the engines intended asset cap..... everywhere, theirs no way they will ever get rid of the lag without building much lower asset environment maps.

for the record despite having a 2 gig gfx card i ran in dx9 because dx11 has major gfx glitches with 1/2 textures not rendering properly
  • boxitracio#4384 boxitracio Member Posts: 2 New User
    HELP!! i cant donwload the game when it is patching stop
  • tonyknight#5034 tonyknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    why would they do this .. make a change that you have to jump through hoops ... I am def not a computer tech ... the patch thing is on a do nothing loop .. I have 49 MB left to patch but all it is doing is downloading to like 20 percent ( like 12.8 mb ) stopping , starting over all over again at the same spot 49 MB and does the same thing all over ... are they just trying to have less people play the game ??
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

why would they do this .. make a change that you have to jump through hoops ... I am def not a computer tech ... the patch thing is on a do nothing loop .. I have 49 MB left to patch but all it is doing is downloading to like 20 percent ( like 12.8 mb ) stopping , starting over all over again at the same spot 49 MB and does the same thing all over ... are they just trying to have less people play the game ??

sorry to tell you buddy but you will need to redownload the game that happened to me before and that was my only solution and no i don't have cryptic has anything to do with it this time it's mostly a net issue

Adventurers,

As we announced in December, starting Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 (after maintenance) Neverwinter will no longer be supporting Windows XP and Direct3D9, or Video Cards with a Direct3D Hardware Feature Level less than 10.0. Since the announcement, we have been following up on player’s concerns and feedback and we feel the impact on the playerbase should be minimal.

If your system meets the requirements but you are still experiencing issues when using D3D11, please contact support -referencing this post- and provide the following information:

• System Info (OS, D3D Version, graphic card)
    • Gameprefs.Pref file (Can be found in Neverwinter\localdata on your computer)
    • Dxdiag (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/b319762b-f281-41b4-b746-d14de804b246/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe)
    • Description of what you are experiencing

Please note that submitting this information to CS will allow us to best gather the necessary data regarding any new issues and is not meant to be for direct troubleshooting support.

As a reminder, Neverwinter has never officially supported Mac or Wine. While some players have found ways to use these OS and applications for Neverwinter, after Thursday’s update this will no longer be possible.

i'm not a technician or anything but after new Mod hit live "Shroud Of Shadows" i have been crashing every 20 mins and i'm not sure why this is only place i know for solution i'll provide any information needed if i can get help here is my system info and all :smile:

Windows 7 Integral Edition / Gphx Card NVIDIA GeoForce GT 610
    from the Dxdiag that i can see here is screen shot http://prntscr.com/f3efp1
    not sure what the problem is i rarely crashed before today's update but today after new Mod i can't even play my favorite game :'( i crahsed as soon as i entered MSva and then same happened on Stronghold and afterwards Normal Demogorgon not to mention the lagg i've been having that i can't even run the game at high quality at all too much lagg but the crash took the cake as i had no other solution but to come to the forums if you need any more information about the problem i'll be keeping watch here so just tell me and i'll provide it considering that i can do so

Waiting For an answer soon
    thank you very much in advance :)
  • lenster25lenster25 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    I keep crashing with windows 9
    Dellion Kruger
    lenster25 said:

I keep crashing with windows 9

that can easily be fixed if it's the reason you are crashing go to the game file and change compatibility to windows 7 trust me it works if you couldn't find how hit me up and i'll gladly help

• fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User

Adventurers,

As we announced in December, starting Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 (after maintenance) Neverwinter will no longer be supporting Windows XP and Direct3D9, or Video Cards with a Direct3D Hardware Feature Level less than 10.0. Since the announcement, we have been following up on player’s concerns and feedback and we feel the impact on the playerbase should be minimal.

If your system meets the requirements but you are still experiencing issues when using D3D11, please contact support -referencing this post- and provide the following information:

• Dxdiag (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/b319762b-f281-41b4-b746-d14de804b246/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe)

Please note that submitting this information to CS will allow us to best gather the necessary data regarding any new issues and is not meant to be for direct troubleshooting support.

As a reminder, Neverwinter has never officially supported Mac or Wine. While some players have found ways to use these OS and applications for Neverwinter, after Thursday’s update this will no longer be possible.

i'm not a technician or anything but after new Mod hit live "Shroud Of Shadows" i have been crashing every 20 mins and i'm not sure why this is only place i know for solution i'll provide any information needed if i can get help here is my system info and all :smile:

not sure what the problem is i rarely crashed before today's update but today after new Mod i can't even play my favorite game :'( i crahsed as soon as i entered MSva and then same happened on Stronghold and afterwards Normal Demogorgon not to mention the lagg i've been having that i can't even run the game at high quality at all too much lagg but the crash took the cake as i had no other solution but to come to the forums if you need any more information about the problem i'll be keeping watch here so just tell me and i'll provide it considering that i can do so

Brother, try disable shadows in the game, the game used to crash anytime with me, but now, i play in full without shadows and the game dont crash, no more. Yesterday, after maintenance, the game returns FULL, with shadows, and i have the same problem, so i disable shadow ands TA-DAAA, no more crash;

Adventurers,

Brother, try disable shadows in the game, the game used to crash anytime with me, but now, i play in full without shadows and the game dont crash, no more. Yesterday, after maintenance, the game returns FULL, with shadows, and i have the same problem, so i disable shadow ands TA-DAAA, no more crash;
    LAgg today was horrible so i closed game for now but yes i shall keep that solution in mind though i've seen better performance after i stopped using the command for disabling DX11 or whaever it is from log in option screen so yes i'm gonna try shadows and tell you how it works btw what's your in-game username :D
  • ciepal3ciepal3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    My game crushes all the time after patch....D3D Errors or OUT_OFMEMORY ERROR....nothing helps...i tried save mode...disabled patching on demand....full min graphic settings...disabling shadows...sometimes it works a few minutes and then error appears. Maybe some kind of memory leak? Now idea :( One thing is more than sure....new patch compeletely destroyed my will to play :( My computer fully meets the new rquirements according to DirectX isuue. However something does not work properly. Before patch i had no problems. Everything was ok and good performance when playing in all instaces :( Probably i will wait a 2-3 weeks and then say goodbye to Neverwinter. As Devs said - the influence on players base will be minimal...everything for console holders...PC players will have hard times :(
    Post edited by ciepal3 on
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Amusing..... GPU runs 20 degrees warmer now after this stupid change.
  • mystacal#8397 mystacal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    even with dx11 and a good not great video card it is not working good
  • skolino#2736 skolino Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i have direct x11
  • lenster25lenster25 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Still crashes for me....I've tried everything....Think you guys can fix this?
    Dellion Kruger
  • redsea1000redsea1000 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4930K @ 3.40GHz 69 °F
    Ivy Bridge-E 22nm Technology
    RAM
    64.0GB DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. RAMPAGE IV EXTREME (LGA2011) 96 °F
    Graphics
    SAMSUNG (3840x2160@30Hz)
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 92 °F
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 99 °F
    CrossFire Enabled
    Storage
    2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1E6166 ATA Device (SATA) 72 °F
    2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1E6166 ATA Device (SATA) 74 °F
    1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 87 °F
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00TMA0 (SATA) 74 °F
    149GB Seagate ST3160812AS (SATA) 78 °F
    Optical Drives
    DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST
    HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

No reason I should be crashing so much.
  • redsea1000redsea1000 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4930K @ 3.40GHz 69 °F
    Ivy Bridge-E 22nm Technology

CPU is watercooled by Corsair Unit
    RAM
    64.0GB DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. RAMPAGE IV EXTREME (LGA2011) 96 °F
    Graphics
    SAMSUNG (3840x2160@30Hz)
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 92 °F
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 99 °F
    CrossFire Enabled

These cards are 290x CU2 and are watercooled using EK waterblocks on an independent loop by them selves.
    Storage
    2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1E6166 ATA Device (SATA) 72 °F
    2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1E6166 ATA Device (SATA) 74 °F
    1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 87 °F
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00TMA0 (SATA) 74 °F
    149GB Seagate ST3160812AS (SATA) 78 °F
    Optical Drives
    DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST
    HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    So your saying even if i buy a new computer, the game will still crash???? What do I need for the game NOT to crash and run with MAX settings? Please be specific.
  • dalamar#6412 dalamar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Anyone else with Linux (Wine 2.1/2.2-Staging, Play On Linux, Windows 7) having problems displaying textures especially from your own character (he's standing there like stupid in his underpants)? Thankful for any help. Cheers
  • phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I have noticed severe FPS drops, especially during battles since the latest update, and that was with my former laptop using dual 780m GTX. I thought perhaps my former laptop was becoming dated, and I decided to purchase a new gaming laptop from OriginPC to replace my aging one. I literally just bought last week and received today that new laptop, and I am still having FPS drops during battles, and now the graphics stutter/stagger/lag during movement. There wasn't any graphical stutter or lag during movement with my prior laptop, but I noticed that the new laptop is downloading additional content in each instance as you move around the instance, which may be a contributing factor. I assume it does that because the game updates/downloads during play after fresh install the addiitonal environmental assets server side perhaps. Notwithstanding, this new laptop should have absolutely no problem running this game on max graphics settings, so there should be no FPS slowdowns during combat when the particle effects are the their peak. Amazingly enough, despite any adjustments made to the graphic settings step by step in an attempt to remedy the issues, i.e. resolution, debris, particles, occular focus, reflections, shadows, and any other major graphic setting that generally causes the slowdown, they persist at their same frequency and while performing the same actions in game. If there is any improvement from adjusting settings in game it is negligable and nothing near a noticable improvement. Here is the build of the new computer:

OriginPC
    4K Resolution Capacity
    2x Nvidia 1080m GTX SLI
    m2 SSD PCIe OS Drive, 512GB
    2x 1T Samsung 960Pro SSD drives
    Killer Wireless AC1535
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB 2400ghz RAM
    Windows 10
    Fiber Optic Internet up to 1gb speeds up and down (generally clocks at 180mb/s up and down).
    Router is dual band, and AC, Linksys, top of the line.
    Wireless Internet Connection during play

I never had these issues before the last update, and at that time I was running a cutting edge laptop back in 2014 with dual 780mGTX cards, 16gb of RAM and an i7 quad core processor. There were memory leaks while playing the game on my last laptop causing certain particle effects to not load after heavy particle effects, like in a DHE in WoD and if the computer was not shut down for several days to reset RAM. Shutting down and restarting the game would geneally repair that issue, or a restarting windows to clear the memory. Also, sometimes the environment graphics would take a few seconds to load upon entry to PE or Sharindar. However, nothing like what I have experienced with this last update.

Whatever was done with this latest update has seriously caused some FPS drops, which appear to occur from either lap, heavy particle effects or shaking, but adjusting graphics for either does not recify the issue, and with stuttering or graphic lag on movement when turning while moving resulting in panning the environment. I also ran a dxdiag, and it shows no issues with the drivers or computer.

Hopefully the next several patches that Cryptic announced will address these issues, because if this new laptop is having issues, I can't even imagine what issues older computers must be experiencing with the graphics.

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Hopefully the next several patches that Cryptic announced will address these issues, because if this new laptop is having issues, I can't even imagine what issues older computers must be experiencing with the graphics.

As someone with an older computer, I had no issues with them dropping directx 9 support but after the 5/2 update I haven't been able to play AT ALL.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• jarnel2774jarnel2774 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i know leaving a comment here is completely pointless because it will be completely ignored as with every bug report I ever make, but a while ago since the start of the siege of neverwinter event me and 20 of my alliance members got kicked from the game just as we had started a dragon flight event, I attempted CN twice with a premade team of friends and we all got disconnected at the same point twice before we just gave up, and today my team which were a little weak for castle never spent a full hour fighting orcus just to be disconnected when he was below a third of his health. I'm using an alienware laptop with a windows 10 operating system, never had any issues running this in the past until cryptic OBVIOUSLY made a mistake and now many of the people who play this now have to suffer through CONSTANT disconnection issues and have every bug report they make completely ignored which is absolutely ridiculous. moderators please don't just delete this post and please get cryptic to fix their mistakes.