test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Devoted Cleric Changes

Comments

• onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User

onlymat said:

Okay, just wanted to update everyone on what happened with the DPS DC thing I had been arguing, since I know everyone was deeply curious :D (yeah... not). I decided to not make a new thread, since I think I can stay on topic this time.

I ran several MSVAs and FBIs (along with a CN, and IG) with @thefabricant. What we (or at least I) discovered was that it wouldn't even matter if DC could do enough DPS to keep up with a DPS class. They DC's have no chance of actually dealing their DPS. They can't hit anything. Not because enemies move, or stuff is hard to hit, but because everything is spawning and dying in the same second. Even divine Daunting Light and Divine Chains couldn't land. It was so crazy that my primary source of damage (Daunting Light [divine or otherwise]) got outdamaged by Fire of the Gods. The ratio is normally 50% of my damage as Daunting Light and 13% as Fire of the Gods to give you an idea of how much I missed. I had to miss at least 75% of the Daunting Lights I would normally land in a casual 3k dungeon run. I even had trouble simply gaining divinity in these dungeon runs.

I mentioned that in the previous posts that to have any chance, fights have to last longer than 5 seconds. They don't, gg. Even in the most optimal situation (where a DC can land all their abilities), they will only be able to contribute to every other fight due to their lack of divinity between fights.

I think that DC should probably have a way to regenerate divinity outside of combat, or they seem somewhat useless for trash clearing, even in a buff/debuff situation. It would be nice if Sacred Flames were changed to something similar to pally Cure Wounds for regenerating divinity out of combat. It would be even nicer if DC simply regenerated Divinity Slowly while out of combat.

Looking at DC powers in this situation, most of them are absolutely useless. I don't think I could cast Prophecy of Doom on anything not named "Jarl Storvald, simply because everything dies too fast. It seems like the AP/Cooldown function was meant for applying to trash/adds, but you cannot even finish the cast animation before trash dies. I believe it should be changed to the same casting functionality of SW/GF tab mechanic. Otherwise it's almost useless. Not only that, but the divinity mode is a joke. It deals double damage to targets already marked with PoD. Yeah, but it's base damage is so low that it would be more worthwhile to just channel Punishing Light for the same duration as the excessive cast time

Now since DC can't deal any damage in premade groups, can we look at all of the useless powers for solo content.

All of the DC DoT powers do very little damage in even the 3k dungeons I run. Not because stuff dies too quickly, but because they simply deal deal little damage. In the runs with @thefabricant, I don't think any of the DoTs ticked more than a single time before the target died. with a base damage of around 9k (dealing this damage over the entire duration), I wouldn't be surprised if they dealt below 1% of my damage (they normally sit around 4%. It may not matter too much in a dungeon how much damage a cleric is dealing (that isn't what they are there for), but having basic powers with damage that low makes soloing daily/weekly content a nightmare. I don't think the 30% increase is enough for the Damage over Time powers (Break the Spirit, Sunburst, and Forgemaster's Flame). These powers are so far behind Daunting Light that a cleric loses DPS simply by casting them in solo content, even after considering the buff they give when empowered.

Searing Light has a similar issue to the DoTs, but for a different reason. It has some utility attached, which is supposed to balance out the fact that it does less damage than Daunting Light or Chains of Blazing Light. However the utility is useless. Armor Pen on the empowered version is either useless, or not enough to matter when you look at the base damage in comparison with Daunting Light. The heals and AoE damage from this power aren't even high enough to compete with daunting light and Repurpose Soul. It needs a higher base damage, even if it costs the "utility" of the armor pen increase and heals (if it actually has either of those things).

Overall I like the damage increases now, since obviously DC isn't even going to get near a top DPS class, but could we look at some of the weaker powers and balance out the damage on them, so that all of the powers are at least marginally useful for solo content? I don't want to see Daunting Light outdamaged by all the other abilities, but I don't want to lose solo clear speed by simply casting anything other than Daunting Light and at-wills.

my Post is gone? all the things I told you in Page 11 and 12 you see it's true. A DC NEVER can compete with real DPS. Only if he gets piercing Damage there is a chance to deal real Damage. If a DC get 30 % more damage it only helps for pug runs where the group is very weak to be a little faster
    Nope, both of your posts are still here. It is hard to believe anything you say, when the core of your argument is the lack of piercing damage. If I am not mistaken (and it would be awesome if someone like @thefabricant could comment on this), piercing damage does literally nothing in most pve content. Actually most piercing damage sources that I know of are unaffected by debuffs, meaning that on top of them not having any special effect in pve, they deal less damage than a normal attack would.

Last I checked, piercing damage simply ignores any DR that you failed to penetrate with your armor pen, and ignores deflection. PvE Enemies don't have deflection. Outside of things like soloing the rift phase on Orcus, and wonderful bugs like the Master of the Hunt Skirmish leveling bug, you will always have enough armor pen. So what exactly is your argument about piercing damage?

Now, if for some reason you are correct (which I highly doubt). How are my GWF and Trapper HR proper DPS classes? Neither of them deal piercing damage that I know of... so........ how does that work? Are they not proper DPS classes anymore?

EDIT
    Also, I had never experienced a full buff group, where I can't even hit enemies with At-wills before they die. Hard to imagine this without experiencing it.
    it was not my main argument - but ok you now see you can't compete with DPS - that's what I said.

The main Problem is - i can't test because I'm on xbox so no tools. Why I think that Piercing Damage or sort of it is the reason for good dps on bosses. (only lvl 72 up)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/525ba8/weapon_and_armor_enchants_for_buffdebuff_dc/

They talk about debuffs - check user TehPuppy

he writes: Terror applies a 4% debuff that receives the same double mitigation treatment as PF, making the Terror enchants actual debuff magnitude 1.6%. From what I've been told, Dread does not suffer from this same double mitigation.

He talks about double mitigation - so if your attacks or some of them also get double mitigated (I can't proof becaus im on xbox) it's clear that unresistable damage which is NEVER mitigated does more damage in shorter time - that's the reason why I think piercing damage or unresistable damage is the key to real damage when mobs or bosses are over lvl 72. I can be completly wrong - but if I solo Orcus on my cleric i never get real big hits with him - but if I'm alone with my CW on Orcus (can't solo him with cw) - i can sometimes land some very big hits and this is impossiblem with my cleric - the cleric hits are very weak compared - don't know why.

if I had enough AD I would test blackice set because someone told me that the bonus can't be mitigated and is also unresistable damage - don't know if it's true
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    onlymat said:

it was not my main argument - but ok you now see you can't compete with DPS - that's what I said.

The main Problem is - i can't test because I'm on xbox so no tools. Why I think that Piercing Damage or sort of it is the reason for good dps on bosses. (only lvl 72 up)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/525ba8/weapon_and_armor_enchants_for_buffdebuff_dc/

They talk about debuffs - check user TehPuppy

he writes: Terror applies a 4% debuff that receives the same double mitigation treatment as PF, making the Terror enchants actual debuff magnitude 1.6%. From what I've been told, Dread does not suffer from this same double mitigation.

He talks about double mitigation - so if your attacks or some of them also get double mitigated (I can't proof becaus im on xbox) it's clear that unresistable damage which is NEVER mitigated does more damage in shorter time - that's the reason why I think piercing damage or unresistable damage is the key to real damage when mobs or bosses are over lvl 72. I can be completly wrong - but if I solo Orcus on my cleric i never get real big hits with him - but if I'm alone with my CW on Orcus (can't solo him with cw) - i can sometimes land some very big hits and this is impossiblem with my cleric - the cleric hits are very weak compared - don't know why.

if I had enough AD I would test blackice set because someone told me that the bonus can't be mitigated and is also unresistable damage - don't know if it's true

Ah okay, I will try to clarify then. Attacks with ~60% resistance ignored will have 100% efficiency (be completely unmitigated) against all normal pve content. There are special situations that work differently, such as Orcus during the Rifts phase, which cause you to always have extremely low efficiency (can't remember exact number at the moment). Piercing damage will in fact do more damage to Orcus during the rifts phase, but most piercing damage sources are very very low on damage amounts, and won't even make Orcus' HP move more than normal during this phase. The largest one I can think of being Combat HR, which does do a decent amount.

Regardless this "double mitigated" thing I am fairly sure is talking only about debuffs. A debuff that is mitigated by DR. For the full info on how these work:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1226436/pve-damage-resistance-debuffs-effectiveness/p1

I don't think Piercing Damage is effected by debuffs, so in this case, piercing damage will be doing less damage than a normal attack of the same size, even if the target were affected by a debuff which is being double mitigated. If your theory were true, GWF would not be a good DPS class, since their main build does not deal piercing damage, and I am fairly sure several people here will argue you on GWF being a bad DPS class.

Finally I still think Cleric will do far more DPS than anyone commenting here realizes. Their weakness being that in a fully optimized group, they can't actually deal any damage before someone else just outright kills the cleric's target. This is probably the best possible outcome, since it means Cleric will have a good time in solo content (because they do deal okayish damage), but will be unable to deal consistent DPS in a group, since everything dies before they can even hit it with their damaging ability (they only have 1 anyways).

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    All this DC and DPS talk xD

I'd like to know something more concretely, with AA rework, will a ball/rank drop off on every hit/proc and thus when all 4 drop off will the power buff/share also drop off? Is the power share all or nothing or does it also scale with how many ranks you have? Currently, my expectation is "yes" it will drop off on every hit/proc (EF?) and that the power share is all or nothing, so you get it when cast but when the last ball drops off so does all the power share.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    This thread isn't good for anything but discussing theory.

You question would be easy to test... if and when there's a build actually available. /drums fingers
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    laurentio said:

Faithful Path - should be change to focus overhealing, stored as temp HP
    - alwready has some temp hp feats in there that nead fixing, aka - Divine Intervention to have it proc on all heals, not just healing spells, also the feats in here are still based off the wep modifier, should be changed to grant temp hp based on HP healed or max hp of affected target
    - gift of haste is obsolete due to the entire oneshot potential, stores 25% of healing done as a ward on targets, procs if target hp drops under 45%, should instead alow tep hp focus specialization , store 25% of all heals as temp hp on targets stackabile up to 100% of afected target max HP.

Interesting suggestion in order to make faithful useful in PVE again. But it might not be easy to scale this in order to make this useful but not op in new content for a dc completely dedicated to healing and using everything possible besides re-worked cap-stone in that regard (re-worked at-wills and dailies etc.). If the new virtuous would focus on mitigation with re-worked feats, the new faithful on tempHP and the righteous as it is....there might actually be some interesting choices for different playstyles ...:) We´d then only need a sizeable selection of new dungeons to have fun with this then...
    Such a faithful might be a problem in PVP but erm...that part of the game seems to need some help anyways so I´m not sure a more powerful faithful would add noticeably to the existing level of nonsense:P (also there´s the mirage weapons now)

In the end I´m just being suspicious about them taking out so much cheesy mitigation potential WITHOUT just switching it to some other place. Ever since I´ve played this game (since mod 6 I think..) there has been something cheesy always. So maybe the cheesy dc just has to make room for some new cheese...a new class finally? Yay ...(not!)
    I´d love it if they actually tried balancing the classes and taking out ways to make things too trivial but without there being some precedence for that I guess it takes a lot of faith to ...you know...BELIEVE that that is what is happening...;)
    But who knows...maybe they have some awesome plans up their sleeves and my lil cleric just has a crisis of faith atm...;)

Perfect scenario for me would be: lots of new dungeons with varying difficulty-levels (2.5kIL, 2.8kIL, 3k+IL) and varying challenge-types that include some squirming and struggling at least for regular, not-optimized groups running them...with my dc trying out new possibilities of his re-worked class in order to fulfill a necessary role regarding group survival...buuut I´m not alice in wonderland so it´s not likely going to happen....^^

It kind of ALL comes down to the dungeons they will offer. Without those...it´s all rather moot anyways? And at this point I can imagine it is no easy task designing end-game dungeons that offer nice challenges (design-wise I think some of the very old stuff is way better than FBI or SVA sadly... I hope Spellplague will be better again - haven´t spoilered myself yet). I just wish they would concentrate on reshaping classes and designing fun dungeons instead of coming up with elaborate plans to make me do some hilariously boring stuff again and again and again in order to grind some boons or weapons I don´t even know wth I need them for.
    And stop the wicked fixation on stupid effin „mechanics“ that apart from being overwhelmingly boring make fights feel as organic and dynamic as a freakin zombie. It was admittedly quite satisfying to just negate some of those with aa -.-
    New well-designed dungeons (and -theoretically- pvp) are literally the only things that give any relevance to these things so in the end I fail to understand what I was getting excited about in this thread... it´s all probably interesting in theory but quite inconsequential in practice. So what if they took everything and gave my dc a club instead...Whatever. Clubbing Drufi while she´s pinned to the wall might actually be satisfying...:P
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Adding Temp HP/Shield sounds like the best suggestion so far to buff the other 2 trees. More damage for group, or greater survivability, which the others don't really grant.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2017

All this DC and DPS talk xD

I'd like to know something more concretely, with AA rework, will a ball/rank drop off on every hit/proc and thus when all 4 drop off will the power buff/share also drop off? Is the power share all or nothing or does it also scale with how many ranks you have? Currently, my expectation is "yes" it will drop off on every hit/proc (EF?) and that the power share is all or nothing, so you get it when cast but when the last ball drops off so does all the power share.

DC - leader controller (lowie dps)
    GF - defender controller , top dps (as you know yourself)
    I do not like that discussion myself, since I don´t play that class to get another "striker", wich outperforms any other dps class in terms of dps/tankynes/buffs etc.
    My GF at lower gear (tank setup) stands inside a Big HE and smashes all enemies to dead on his own, not taking severy damage, dealing better dps than my warlock (better geared), that needs to dodge 24/7 to no get twohittet.
    My DC at current level, worse geared than my striker, is a bit slower than my warlock - not much. Due to selfbuffs he can hold against (right buffer), in a raid he SHOULD drop off in dps.
    Tbh we got enough disbalanced classes in NWO.
    My GF stays support/tank.
    My DC stays support/heal.

Time to get this on preview and do testings.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • candador#7367 candador Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    With these changes in place, is this something that we can expect to see in the Mod 11 update on Ps4?

With these changes in place, is this something that we can expect to see in the Mod 11 update on Ps4?

Last I checked (last night), these changes aren't in place on live or preview.

edited March 2017
    @dreadnaught#5263 could we also get all powers cast in divinity mode to show up in the combat log as divine also? Divine Glow currently is the only power I know that does this properly

Daunting Light - Divinity and Chains of Blazing Light - Divinity, I know for sure do not function properly in the log, and show both normal and divinity as the same power.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I'm guessing that these changes may not make it onto preview before there's a full build for whatall's happening with Module 11b.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User

Well they said that it wasnt going on the last patch (on PC) but implied it would be on preview pretty soon (next week perhaps?). Considering how they like to bundle things for console (Mod 10.5 + key change for example....grrrr), I'd say it's a relatively safe bet that these changes will come with mod 11 (on console).

Just a guess obviously, but I'd wager 10AD on it!!
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

Well they said that it wasnt going on the last patch (on PC) but implied it would be on preview pretty soon (next week perhaps?). Considering how they like to bundle things for console (Mod 10.5 + key change for example....grrrr), I'd say it's a relatively safe bet that these changes will come with mod 11 (on console).

I wouldn't count on it. The package for mod 11 should already be under review by microsoft/sony. I can't imagine them trying to rush in content that hasn't been vetted on pc test yet. I would assume 11b is more likely
    @dreadnaught#5263 Could we get clarification on Repurpose Soul. Is the heal based off of the damage dealt, the pre-crit damage, or the un-mitigated damage dealt?

putzboy78 said:

I wouldn't count on it. The package for mod 11 should already be under review by microsoft/sony. I can't imagine them trying to rush in content that hasn't been vetted on pc test yet. I would assume 11b is more likely
    You might be right, and I don't know a ton about how the review process works. I'll keep my fingers crossed though. It's kinda lame "knowing" this stuff is coming but not exactly how it will work. Stunts my growth!
    edited March 2017
    @dreadnaught#5263
    Feedback to the actual Annoited Army setup
    The way it works now will make this daily not worth a featpoint. The balls vanish immidiately in seconds and the powerbuff also even being attacked by one single archer in River District.
    I suggest to give that Daily a flat 20% mitigation ability and skip those balls, so you get a powerbuff+mitigation during that daily is up, otherwise that buffs seems to be as useless as it was mods ago.
    Doing so you can work arround a build focussed on mitigation temp HP and heals (in case fatihfull/virtous tree get some rework too).
    Other option is to give that Daily vanishing mititagtionbuff like 40% downwards to zero/time, having an average ammount of 20% mititagation by that.
    In other words. YOu got 2 effects, one is buffing power, but only stays in case your team doesn´t get hit, so you tend to cast that spell when party is in position and no impact or big aoe is gonna happen.
    The other effect is a mitigation of 20% wich is absorbed in short time by aoe/ticks/dots etc. killing your powerbuff immidiately.
    This is controverse and need to get an improvement imo.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    I was told nothing was fixed , non of the bugs brought up here, where adressed .
    When speaking about previewing changes on the preview server.

But hey Gease gives 5 % ap now... we have that going for us ...

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

edited March 2017
    What about Warding flare, Is this the actual form it is ment to be?
    In case it is, @dreadnaught#5263 , I suggest you test that encounter yourself.
    Not worth to even think about using it under any circumstances.
  • bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    this was all a lie nothing is fixed and they plan to have this stuff live in less than 2 weeks.. we had hope, we were happy, u failed tho
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2017

@dreadnaught#5263
    The way it works now will make this daily not worth a featpoint. The balls vanish immidiately in seconds and the powerbuff also even being attacked by one single archer in River District.
    I suggest to give that Daily a flat 20% mitigation ability and skip those balls, so you get a powerbuff+mitigation during that daily is up, otherwise that buffs seems to be as useless as it was mods ago.
    Doing so you can work arround a build focussed on mitigation temp HP and heals (in case fatihfull/virtous tree get some rework too).
    Other option is to give that Daily vanishing mititagtionbuff like 40% downwards to zero/time, having an average ammount of 20% mititagation by that.
    In other words. YOu got 2 effects, one is buffing power, but only stays in case your team doesn´t get hit, so you tend to cast that spell when party is in position and no impact or big aoe is gonna happen.
    The other effect is a mitigation of 20% wich is absorbed in short time by aoe/ticks/dots etc. killing your powerbuff immidiately.

I thing AA always was a situational daily. Yes, if you need to save party - you will use it before the hard shot, or if you want a buff - your party shouldn't have a damage outside (they and you should be carefull). You can use AA in anyway you want, and its buff for 10 sec, anyway you will have 4-5 sec of power buff (so use it with wisdom) For 20% damage reduce you still have a Hallowed ground. check it.

I regret only for its immunity, it was a good solutions in some fights. But permonent army did it's job.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

@dreadnaught#5263

I thing AA always was a situational daily. Yes, if you need to save party - you will use it before the hard shot, or if you want a buff - your party shouldn't have a damage outside (they and you should be carefull). You can use AA in anyway you want, and its buff for 10 sec, anyway you will have 4-5 sec of power buff (so use it with wisdom) For 20% damage reduce you still have a Hallowed ground. check it.

I regret only for its immunity, it was a good solutions in some fights. But permonent army did it's job.
    How long do you think this buff will last in a group (FBI/mSVA) if it get´s killed by one archer in RD in seconds?
    It vanishes immidiately, and that´s not the way it should be imo.
    We got a tone down in mitigation from 100% to 20% maxHP (4 times), too much for my taste in times of oneshots, and we did not get any compensation till now in terms of temp HP (except that Devine Armor), or a drastical improvement of that redicules Warding Flare.
    My GF can mititgate 70% damage 24/7 for the hole raid from feats and powers.
    A DC should have similar tools. The rework need an overwork.
    I'm confused by whats being reported (sorry, scrub console player here). Is the "archer in RD" removing AA in seconds because he is hitting the character 4 times quickly? Or is it getting removed even before 4 hits are taken?

I'm confused by whats being reported (sorry, scrub console player here). Is the "archer in RD" removing AA in seconds because he is hitting the character 4 times quickly? Or is it getting removed even before 4 hits are taken?

Because he hits the player 4 times VERY quickly.

edited March 2017
    I think AA should be able to use more than a single orb (blocking 80% of your HP in damage) and consume all orbs used. I also think the power share should last after the orbs break. I think this would put the daily in a much more balanced state.

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I already said that TI is too powerfull and that is undeniable, but i guess im just talking to a dummy now(just a expression).

On the state of preview now there is no reason to choose AC over DO, since if i talk about animation rework the devs will be like:

I think what could be done to close this gap would:
    1. Give DC a movement speed buff after BoB since it's the at-will that will lock the DC in place for longer;
    2. Increase the range of AA;
    3. Allow AA to mitigate x% of all damage bellow 20% the player HP making cahrges only consumable by amounts above those 20% because now, a bunch of tiny hits can clear AA completly and if a big hit comes after those consumes it will be as good as nothing.

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    AA is pretty much in the state I knew it would be. Reading tooltips and doing math is great but practical application is another. DO is easily IMO the favored path now and it isn't close. Those thinking AC is still better haven't tried the new build to see how fast AA it is eliminated. Maybe on boss fights like Orcus it's great but in many places in game I find it to be pointless. I'd much rather take a consistent buff from TI that works everywhere.
  • fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    err...whats supposed to be different? On live, I already often see 4 zeros within one second or so, followed by normal damage numbers, if its against stuff where its possible to survive multiple hits, that is.

• pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Important note though if this is the case with Terrifying Insight:

• Terrifying Insight
      • This power no longer decreases the damage resistance of the Cleric's target. Instead, it now increases the damage dealt by all party members by 8%, with an additional 4% per rank, for a maximum of 20%.

From this I take it that the buff is party bound (if someone want to test that it would be awesome), therefore only 5 people (including the cleric) will benefit from this buff in raids, dragonflights or HEs with 10 or more players. Therefore this might be a nice buff, but at places with more than 5 people the non-party bound buffs from Anointed Champion might still make a bigger difference. Therefore I don't think this balance on Terrifying Insight is bad at all.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Important note though if this is the case with Terrifying Insight:

• Terrifying Insight
      • This power no longer decreases the damage resistance of the Cleric's target. Instead, it now increases the damage dealt by all party members by 8%, with an additional 4% per rank, for a maximum of 20%.

From this I take it that the buff is party bound (if someone want to test that it would be awesome), therefore only 5 people (including the cleric) will benefit from this buff in raids, dragonflights or HEs with 10 or more players. Therefore this might be a nice buff, but at places with more than 5 people the non-party bound buffs from Anointed Champion might still make a bigger difference. Therefore I don't think this balance on Terrifying Insight is bad at all.
    It's party bound. Tested by @putzboy78 and I.

It disappears when you drop dead. We haven't tested if the buff is maintained when you die and are sitting in a waiting zone (ex: Esvard or Demogorgon).

Since optomized teams will want a DO for each team... prepare for DO epeen fights!

(Seriously though, I don't get why this isn't a damage bonus you "paint" on enemies. Solves the issue of epeen fights and makes it similar to the old TI where you need to paint enemies with TI).