test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Artifact Equipment

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Healers gonna heal, tanks gonna tank, and dps gonna bring the pain with the new weapon sets in the latest Developer Blog!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10391723

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Set that helps tank tank? HUH?! Oh, you mean that pitiful 5% defense boost.....?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    luks707 said:

However the statement that the relic weapons will still be worth the effort required is way off the mark now that you have to use a key every time you open a box. The droprate on legendary marks needs to significantly be increased to keep them worthwhile or the decline feature reinstated for Svardborg.

Or some other solution that doesn't make you into RNG's hamster, like a trading or credit system so that each key contributes to tangible progress instead of a big fat maybe-but-probably-not.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

luks707 said:

However the statement that the relic weapons will still be worth the effort required is way off the mark now that you have to use a key every time you open a box. The droprate on legendary marks needs to significantly be increased to keep them worthwhile or the decline feature reinstated for Svardborg.

Or some other solution that doesn't make you into RNG's hamster, like a trading or credit system so that each key contributes to tangible progress instead of a big fat maybe-but-probably-not.
    The consequence of making everything bind on pickup......
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The best we can hope for is that they will have learned a lesson - more content like SVA would have meant more player frustration, which would have led to worse reputation and more players leaving, which would have led to lower profits in the end.

M11 is the module for the masses ;)
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited February 2017

Svardborg is what it is. No need to keep harping on it. Console is going through it with no peek. They will not change how it works now.

HAMSTER for tat. Unless you've given up on bleating about how the M11 weapons were nerfed.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    They could easily just make the change on console too - making it less grindy and more fun.
    It was a mistake to make the content this grindy - and one that hopefully has been learned. What I don't want to see is content that is quite lovely (Svardborg and Mod 10) become pointless and empty like Siege PVP has become.
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Don't disagree the elitism and AA cheese is silly, but that's not svardborg's fault. That's just people being lazy. Certainly the game doesn't need to loose pointful content. It needs more.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    It makes me happy that they are at least considering adding in different options - it gets so old seeing all of the top players all running identical gear. There's no style currently.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Bary gud, me likes, these new weapons have the same WD as SoMi ones and variate only in the little bonus so i can pick a healing one and wont be much prejudiced in damage. +1

• icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    adinosii said:

And buffers/debuffers are going to buff/debuff ... and.... uh...once again, we were forgotten.

Buff/debuff is already beyond the devs' ability to balance it, they don't really need to pile on.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yayy! I'm happy I have options if I don't want to chase Dragon Turtle moults. Thanks Devs and Julia :D I'm so excited about the mod, weapons and dungeon.. I'm just a little confused about what we get for completing the dungeon.. Any word on what loot? The artifact only?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    Anyone saying DC didn't get a weapon set out of this.. Protip: Read the Feytouched set bonus. If I'm correct, you need AP to cast Astral Army, no? Maybe with THAT MUCH EXTRA you'll use a buff that doesn't make big numbers, but then disappear. WITH AA. Because nobody says you can't have even more AP.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    arakk00 said:

Anyone saying DC didn't get a weapon set out of this.. Protip: Read the Feytouched set bonus. If I'm correct, you need AP to cast Astral Army, no? Maybe with THAT MUCH EXTRA you'll use a buff that doesn't make big numbers, but then disappear. WITH AA. Because nobody says you can't have even more AP.

I dont know about your statement. 10% AP every 30s seems to me worse than the 25% of the burning everytime im using a daily, considering this set with a good rotation allows DCs to already have perma daily. In my case, not even with Burning weapons, i can have AA and HG dailies up at the same time for some seconds, and no i dont have a snail. I use some potion, some BI lethal/corrupt enchants and my encounters.

So "protip" : yea, DC didnt get a weapon that would be an upgrade out of this. Base power increase is something. As for the outgoing healing bonus, meh, healing is overrated in this game. Maybe SP will bring back some heals needed in this game, but for having run it on preview twice, i can tell you its not. And i can tell you that AA doesnt prevent people from being petrified by the Nothic second boss or other new bosses mechanics in this dungeon. They'll have to dodge :), which is going to be a pain for most of the players that became lazy with AA. Yay for that.

• zarg0000zarg0000 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Healers gonna heal, tanks gonna tank, and dps gonna bring the pain with the new weapon sets in the latest Developer Blog!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10391723

What I found when going to the sea of moving ice at 2400 ilevel was that I couldn't do any of the content at a reasonable phase so I had to revert back to easier stuff; I imagine this content will require you to already be 'geared' for sea of moving ice, so this equipment is even further "back"?
  • firdraingfirdraing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Just this weird thing. About GWF artifact weapons. Tell me what you want but those are giant swords. Why in the name they're called greataxes? I.E. Mirage greataxe? Am I the only one to notice it's a bit off? Because I think they were supposed to be greatswords...
    Post edited by firdraing on
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Feeder gear is out of hand. If you want Zen sales and butts in seats, that certainly won't help. The last thing your adult players want to do is spend 4 hours trying to get resources to keep quality of items in range. If you plan on making this a twink game, just say so now. TOO MUCH FEEDER GEAR. WE DONT WORK ON THESE PRODUCTS FULL TIME. PLAY FOR 1 HOUR A DAY BASED ON YOUR CREATIONS. It ain't right. TO MUCH FEEDER GEAR!!!
    Post edited by mysticmarks on
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    The 'Tanks' ' Weaopns are thankfully to all gods split the 3rd time. I wouldn't survive an Incident when elemantal weapons were added basically rigtht next to the Twisted ones and Twisted had split look while elemantal (drowned, earthen etc.) had not.
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    [*] [*] [*] When Tankladin farms Fey weapons for more AP and so faster bubble [*] [*] [*]

R.I.P. old tanking [*]
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    eolee said:

arakk00 said:

I dont know about your statement. 10% AP every 30s seems to me worse than the 25% of the burning everytime im using a daily, considering this set with a good rotation allows DCs to already have perma daily. In my case, not even with Burning weapons, i can have AA and HG dailies up at the same time for some seconds, and no i dont have a snail. I use some potion, some BI lethal/corrupt enchants and my encounters.

So "protip" : yea, DC didnt get a weapon that would be an upgrade out of this. Base power increase is something. As for the outgoing healing bonus, meh, healing is overrated in this game. Maybe SP will bring back some heals needed in this game, but for having run it on preview twice, i can tell you its not. And i can tell you that AA doesnt prevent people from being petrified by the Nothic second boss or other new bosses mechanics in this dungeon. They'll have to dodge :), which is going to be a pain for most of the players that became lazy with AA. Yay for that.

Burning is fine if you're undergeared but there really isn't a reason for a ACDC not to switch at higher ilvls.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    In one hand, is good to see new weapons for players' choice and not having only one silly option. It's also great to do them not as grindy to get and boring (mark boring) as the Relic ones. We need more fun and challenge and less mind numbing grind.
    On the other hand, we need new + good + fun to get armor sets, legendary armor sets!! It would be great to see that amount of orange in the character sheet. It's 2017 people!!!!!!, and we haven't experience something good and fun like the old days farming t1/t2 sets on the old dungeons (and that was 2013).

P/D: Dear weapon designer, as always, a lot of good looking weapons except TRs daggers!!! We want cool and elegant/delicate daggers, not those ugly, THICK and sharpless short swords resembling roman swords, always the same story... our movements were not designed for swords-like weapons. I haven't seen good looking TRs weapons since Bahamut transmutes... shame on you!!
    aleblain said:

P/D: Dear weapon designer, as always, a lot of good looking weapons except TRs daggers!!! We want cool and elegant/delicate daggers, not those ugly, THICK and sharpless short swords resembling roman swords, always the same story... our movements were not designed for swords-like weapons. I haven't seen good looking TRs weapons since Bahamut transmutes... shame on you!!

Oh goodness, I agree with this so much.

My alts include a decent-sized thieves' guild. Two have their stuff transmuted to the Bahamut set, one uses the Volcanic daggers, one uses the Pit Fight axes because I dress her like a barbarian thug, one is transmuted to Greycloak's Legacy daggers (can claim a second after applying the first to a weapon, so it works), one is using Elemental Air transmutes because of a wind-master character concept, and the main one uses a weaponsmithed short sword and dagger +4 because I wanted his main-hand weapon to be more substantial.

Neverwinter Census 2017