test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Firesoul weapons nerfed

Comments

• xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Actually, you're pretty close to the mark ... I've already seen many people (including some posters in this thread) saying they wont run SP with those who dont have relic weapons ...
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Actually, you're pretty close to the mark ... I've already seen many people (including some posters in this thread) saying they wont run SP with those who dont have relic weapons ...

i.e. a problem the mod 11 weapons will immediately rectify.

defiantone99 is basically crying about losing +5% damage every 30 seconds.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Well, make that "relic or M11 weapons", and I might agree that you will see that. That's like today's demandd that those you run with are 4K with 3xR12 bondings.

The thing about the relic weapons though - they may continue to be BiS for the DPS classes, but the difference between them and the M11 weapons is only a few percent - not a game-changer at least, so I don't really don't see why anyone should insist on Relics above M11 weapons....in particular as for other classes the situation is not quite clear - it seems to me that for most DCs the M11 Fey weapon may be a better choice than the relic, just because of the 10% AP boost.

Of course, you don't need either Relics or the M11 weapons for SP - having them may make things a bit easier - but insisting on them is just stupid....in particular when someone like, say, a DC with the Burning set may actually be more useful than one with the Relic set.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • critshot1234#3954 critshot1234 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    What cryptic has done with the nerf of the mod 11 weapons is very logical and I find it to be one of the smartest things they have done so far this entire mod and 10 has been pretty good IMO.

They has been a lot of heated discussions in our alliance chat [PS4] due to the fact people who are too lazy to grind mod 10 weapons/gear wrongly assumed they could skip mod 10 and just get handed everything for free in MOD11 they still can but they won't be BiS so that's the trade off and i like it.

Do the most "difficult" content in the game and be awarded the best stuff.

Don't do the most "difficult" content in the game? Skip to mod 11 and gear up with an upgrade from twisted and then attempt SVA due to the drop chance increase and the relic gear dropping from the new dungeons in MOD 11 is also a win for those lack lustre players struggling to do basic mod 10 things.

The way i see it, mod 11 is the bridge between FBI type difficultly and CN. Mod 11 is their to fill the gap of basic skill with gear with some other new stuff to boot as well.

GG Cryptic keep doing what your doing.
    Mr Doofa [PS4]
    4,300 Tankadin
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User

What cryptic has done with the nerf of the mod 11 weapons is very logical and I find it to be one of the smartest things they have done so far this entire mod and 10 has been pretty good IMO.

They has been a lot of heated discussions in our alliance chat [PS4] due to the fact people who are too lazy to grind mod 10 weapons/gear wrongly assumed they could skip mod 10 and just get handed everything for free in MOD11 they still can but they won't be BiS so that's the trade off and i like it.

Do the most "difficult" content in the game and be awarded the best stuff.

Don't do the most "difficult" content in the game? Skip to mod 11 and gear up with an upgrade from twisted and then attempt SVA due to the drop chance increase and the relic gear dropping from the new dungeons in MOD 11 is also a win for those lack lustre players struggling to do basic mod 10 things.

The way i see it, mod 11 is the bridge between FBI type difficultly and CN. Mod 11 is their to fill the gap of basic skill with gear with some other new stuff to boot as well.

GG Cryptic keep doing what your doing.

+1 @critshot1234#3954

I think you've captured things very well here.

There SHOULD be top end... difficult content.. that is "not for everyone"... this keeps the epeen population happy with some recognition that they have completed and mastered the most difficult content in the game... either by skill or gear superiority. This content will become easier eventually... as people over gear the content and as a result.. reduce the skill needed to complete the content.

I often think that ppl who are anti-elitist... anti-epeen... lose sight that if the devs make the game... "easy" and easily available to everyone... that people will simply lost interest... no one likes a game that can be mastered with little effort... where is the sense of accomplishment??? Also, players also benefit from optimized builds, equipment recommendations, etc... the path has already been craved out by those same elitist/epeen players. This saves other players time and resources.

I do agree that a barrier can often form when trying to get into Channel or LFG public queues for FBI and MSVA... even CN.

Why... if you don't have an established reputation... people don't want to carry that person or have them blow the attempt due to inexperience... especially if they are considered under geared. If you are under geared by most public queue standards... then hopefully you have an active guild that will assist in improving that item level score and provide the opportunities to become experienced in the content.

I have heard the argument that if a player meets the minimum level requirements for the content.. they should not be discriminated against. If you don't mind spending 2+ hours to complete an FBI.. then certainly gather a group of players at minimum gear requirements... and tell me how fun you feel that experience was... or... BUT.. if you want to have a group of four 4k players.. and you be the minimum item level player... so you too can finish the run in 30 minutes... then you are just wanting to be carried and that's not what non-guild parties want to do....

Many people just want a fast track.... there is an option to do this... Zen Purchases... but unfortunately there is a population of the community that want it both ways.. they want to be able to do top content... with little effort and no expense. (Thanks WoW... for training ppl to have the mentality.... new content quest gear = close to bis of previous expansion...)

Neverwinter is not WoW... although new bis slot gear often comes out with each new Mod... it doesn't mean you don't have to do older content to be able to equip yourself (refine your artifacts)... earn boons... etc.. to be able to complete that content effectively.

Maybe I'm an elitist or epeener... I certainly don't talk down to people who are less equipped, but I don't necessarily welcome non-guild/alliance players into a group... who I don't know... that don't meet what I believe to be the minimum effective gear level.

Just my 2 cents :)

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

All of the Mod 11 weapons need a buff to have bonuses at least on par with Relic weapons. But, they will probably be nerfed even more. Right now the set bonuses are not really on par with Twisted and SH weapon set bonuses, that makes no sense to me.

Do you really not understand that the weapon damage is so much higher that the set bonuses don't matter?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Hell, you're better off with the fey weapon for your tank. If you're lucky you might get 2000 extra power that's just 5% damage. With the other weapons you still get at minimum a 3% damage buff and an additional perk.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Maybe someone needs to graph it? Everyone understands graphs, right?

(This is a somewhat serious plea if there's actually a formula to express how much base weapon damage affects outgoing damage.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

defiantone99 is basically crying about losing +5% damage every 30 seconds.

And you were crying for the same 5% damage difference but in the other direction (you wanted the new weapons to be somehow weaker so you could have a bigger epeen for longer).

@sadus671 : you got it right. Epeen and elitist players cried and cryptic listened because they need such players. But we're not talking about difficulty of the content here. We're talking purely about hours spent playing the game like a job and $$ spent to buy stuff/ progress faster. Not about "skill" in any way.

It's just that, you know, this is a first. I mean, you know there are hardcore players/ elitists who will farm their lives and spend their $$ just to be "elite" or "BiS". And mod 10-10.5 saw these players gain a huge advantage over the normal players thanks to the insane relic weapons design.
    What we see now is such players crying because they do not want better items to be released with a new mod, so they can be above the others for longer.

So people should cry everytime their weapons become "non-BiS"? What if another player thinks that the amount of farming for the relic weapons should grant him 5 modules of "BiS" status? No more new weapons for 5 modules?

My god XD
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    People will say lfg somi weapons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited February 2017
    I agree we should cry to have their weapons need now....

Albeit, I would never do that because I am anti nerf for the most part.

Build people up don't tear them down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    We all remember when greater artifact neck and belt came out what happened.

We all felt like our refinement points were wasted, but we didn't cry to nerf anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • critshot1234#3954 critshot1234 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    It's really crazy the difference of peoples logic.

99 percent of the player base of this game shock me every day they just run around wasting hours on a game they know nothing about and its just straight up baffling.

People can't grasp the fact of this simple two choice question.

What weapons should i try to attain?

Relic Weapons
    If the bullet points below refer to you then chose Relic Weapons
    . Do i have a few hours spare every day to do some fishing/heroics?
    . If i don't have hours do i have spare AD to skip said few hours?
    . Do i have the skill/iLvL to do 10 Msvas (to get weapons to purple thats all you need really)
    . Do i care for playing a game to better my character?

Mod 11 Weapons
    If the bullet points below refer to you then chose Mod 11 weapons
    . Have i fallen behind the curve and unable to do Msva?
    . Do I have enough time to fish/heroics?
    . Do i have enough spare AD to skip said fishing/heroics?
    . Do I care for been BiS?

I hate to sound like a broken record and I tell the exact same thing to everyone in the guild I'm currently in and alliance. If you physically can't or cannot be bothered with Msva etc then you don't deserve BiS weapons you'll have to make do with mod 11 weapons and that's that.

I hate to sound elitist but we're on planet earth nothing is ever easy and things shouldn't just be handed to you because you can't complete one of the simplest 10 man dungeons I've ever done.

You guys should really take yourselves to a more difficult MMO and see how things are there I'd love to plop some folk in a SM round 20 on DCUO and see them squeal as they are one shot repeatedly

Edit
    Before you shout elitism blah blah...

Our guild often groups 4/5 of our best players and creates Nsva runs for the lower Ilvl players or 3 BiS people and take 1 or 2 through FBI for easy clears so people can progress since both can be easily completed this usually happens at least once a week.
    Mr Doofa [PS4]
    4,300 Tankadin
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The difference is marginal imo, I may never upgrade my relic set to legendary due to stupid droprates, so my weapondamage will stay below a legendary setof mod 11 in terms of weapondamage, should I cry? No tears any more :)
    What bothers me far more is the WE rework, wich will put some classes far beyond others in terms of useability.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2017

It's really crazy the difference of peoples logic.
    ...then you don't deserve BiS weapons you'll have to make do with mod 11 weapons and that's that.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that for some classes/builds/circumstances the M11 weapons are actually better than the Relic weapons.

Sure, it's a minority - for example some DCs that are built around very high AP gain - for them the M11 Fay weapons will be a much better option than the Relics, but the point is that you are over-generalizing.

For most players the difference between the Relic and the M11 weapons is utterly insignificant - the base damage is the same, and the difference in bonuses is only one percent or two in DPS over time....and as I have said before, if you are not DPS-focused, the Relic weapons might not be BiS for you.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I am so sick of seeing people argue onesidedly at the expense of improving the game.

To those arguing that the people who waited for mod 11 weapons shouldn't get things handed to them, the new weapons are NOT getting handed to them for free. These new weapons still are going to have to be restored, still cost a butt load of refinement points to upgrade, and are still not going to be easy peasy to get. Stop confusing the word easier for the word easy and stop acting like those skipping the relic weapon grind are getting things handed to them for free.

For those arguing for the new weapons to be kept less powerful than the relic weapons simply because it "makes more sense" for easier to get items to be less good than harder to get items, since when did sticking to a certain pattern because "consistency" become more important than actually improving the game? Now don't get me wrong, I understand why this argument would be of appeal, I like for things to be consistant when possible myself. Ordinarily, this pattern of harder to obtain = better would be good for the game but in this specific case, it is not.

The mod 11 system is better, easier, and more fair than the relic weapon grind ever was. We get 4 new weapon sets instead of just one on this system. Last I checked, a lot of people have been asking for a wider variety of builds to be viable and more variety with their stat choices. Had so many people not thrown a fit and insisted that the new weapons should be made less less powerful than relic weapons, we could have had 5 BIS weapon sets all with different set bonuses instead of just 1 that is BIS. The new weapon system is more fair and easier than the relic weapon system too because obtaining the marks to upgrade the new weapons is not locked behind gated content only people of a certain IL can access.

If you are worried that making relic weapons share the spotlight with 4 other BIS weapon sets would kill any incentive to run SVA other than for the fun of it, that was going to happen a mod or 2 from now anyway because its loot table even with the recent loot system changes, is still not sustainable long term. Even if Cryptic had no plans to release any new weapons for mod 11, new weapons were going to get released eventually. Instead of advocating to keep an inferior system at the top just to keep from potentially killing SVA, advocate for less bound loot, more BOE stuff, and better RNG odds.

I don't think those who went after the relic weapons should get shafted by having their efforts/money go to waste on a pair of weapons only to have the rug pulled out from under them less than one mod later. But instead of insisting that the new weapons should be less good than relic weapons, you guys(me included) should have been asking for an exchange similar to the lostmauth exchange so you can switch your relic weapons out for a new weapon pair of the same rank. I know a few people argued that the lostmauth exchange method would remove incentive to participate in mod 11 for those with relic weapons but this is simply not true. There is a returning dungeon, a new zone, a new skirmish, boons that actually look decent, and likely other stuff you can do and earn.

To those arguing that relic weapon owners should not be compensated at all or worse, are gleeful at the notion of relic weapon users getting shafted, you are not helping anyone and this is a useless point. Likewise, those arguing that those who did not participate in the relic weapon grind for mod 10.5 are undeserving of easier to get BIS weapons or lazy somehow are just as at fault as those arguing the former and are equally unhelpful.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    That's funny, because what I understood was that Firesoul weapons and only Firesoul weapons were needing to be nerfed because devs didn't see something there players had seen which caused them to be (in the right build) more powerful than MOD 10.5 weapons. You act like they planned MOD 11 weapons to be BIS when it appeared to me they did not since only 1 of the sets could be (but not always).
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Lifeforged by tooltip is further (over)nerfed to 10% of total defense. So it's a lie that the difference is 5% damage, because you should have 20k defense to get to a 2k power bonus (5% damage increase).

E-peen crybabies can be happy, their advantage over new weapons is noticeable.
    This is one of those damnit I told you so moments.... new weapons should not have been nerfed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2017

If in the end no one is happy, then probably they actually did thier jobs right for once..

As long as poeple can more or less play together again and the epeening stops, then the game designers get a kudos from me.

Im sick and tired of the toxicity and the 4k only r12 bonding , legendary pet postings.

Saw a 3k only r12 for elol today..

what the mother loving hamsters have they done to our game.

My philopshy is basicaly to do enough to play with people .. up to mod 10.. never was a issue, never really complained about what they gave us in terms of grind.

Mod 10 was the straw that brake the back for many of us, it was just so drastic in scaling from previous mods, I simply gave up and waited.

I am hoping that the new weapons are close enough to relic that we can all just move on with life ..

This is one of the side-effects of the disaster that was Mod 6. Before then, you had other options than just your weapons. You had stats like Regeneration that could keep you alive if you weren't BiS, and you could then contribute to the party. You could use healing potions every twelve seconds instead of eighteen, once again staying alive instead of dropping. You had enemies that didn't one-shot everything they saw, and bosses that you could actually tank instead of being forced to run from them even though you were playing a (gasp) tank.

Mod 6 removed all room for error. That was the effect of the gargantuan mistake that was Mod 6. That's why you see so much intolerance for people below a certain GS (IL for the new players), or who don't have R12 bondings: there is no room for error, so players unfortunately have no room for anyone not BiS.

Someone up the chain needs to develop the guts, humility, or whatever to undo this madness.

As for the new weapons? I honestly do not care -- not one little bit. Until in-combat regen is restored, nothing doing -- I'm not giving up Drowned for anything.

If I sound a bit angry, well I am, and not for myself. My alts are all built like Abrams tanks because of mod 6. I'll survive one way or the other. However, I also lead a guild and we are now plagued with our less-geared members being kicked from parties merely because of their gear. The changes to the game starting in Mod 6 created this ridiculous incentive for players to demand BiS, and it's up to the devs to stop the madness.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    pando83 said:

Lifeforged by tooltip is further (over)nerfed to 10% of total defense. So it's a lie that the difference is 5% damage, because you should have 20k defense to get to a 2k power bonus (5% damage increase).

E-peen crybabies can be happy, their advantage over new weapons is noticeable.

Right, which is on par with a ring from several mods ago, sadly :/ Actually, less so if you consider it'll only have a 1/3rd uptime :/
    And that's assuming a 20k defense. Some tanks will stop before this and instead go with Negation / Shadowclad which cap DR much more effectively than stacking thousands of points of defense.

Honestly, if you're a tank, go with Aboleth. Lifeforged's value is minimal.
    Which is unfortunate. I'm not sure if the original form was even tested before it was nerfed...
  • ahrmonahrmon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    They're still close enough to Relic weapons that somi/msva will be dead in mod 11. The only people still running it will be those that don't want to give up on the weapons they already made.

LMAO...Just stop. We get that you're not getting relic weapons for whatever reasons, but please don't pretend they're not clearly BIS.