Options

Firesoul weapons nerfed

Comments

• Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    urabask said:

weaver936 said:

This is one time the Devs might have actually did something they said they intended to do... instead of letting ignorance of actual game play mechanics and greed cause them to give another item that screws up the work they did in a previous mod. I understand that to a lot of people SKT is something they can't or WON'T do.. but there a MANY people (more everyday) that can and will.

Please don't just look at the game from you and your own cliques' biases.... this game has always needed DIVERSITY.. in people and content. We've had diversity in types of players.. recently and hopefully continuing into the future... maybe the devs will continue to include diversity in content.. and I don't just mean new dungeons.. I mean paths of progression...

The old Firesoul bonus was good for the game ONLY in the marketing aspect of the game. Fast, Easy, New Weapons that you could (had to) get to be BiS... (let me get my Credit Card).

The new set bonuses makes it to where Firesoul doesn't replace Relic.. it still leaves Esva and Somi as relevant content in game. It still leaves people that have invested in those weapons about half a mod ago with RIGHTFULLY earned progress in game for a respectable amount of time.

"Rest assured we will absolutely not be releasing ascended weapons in a state that obsoletes relic weapons. In truth, we will be aiming to ensure that relic weapons are still the optimal choice." - Asterdahl

OMG, they might ACTUALLY get it right... aligning their intent with what actually happens in game... That would be a RARE occurance.

They're still close enough to Relic weapons that somi/msva will be dead in mod 11. The only people still running it will be those that don't want to give up on the weapons they already made.
    And people that think for themselves and aren't blindly following the masses. I'm still getting more requests daily to join my channel.. and not from me spamming for recruits. Still more people asking in Zone chat in Somi about maps and fishing etc.. still NEW people starting the process.

On top of that.. i expect a resurgence in interest as more people realise that they really SHOULD do the content.. like what happened when 10.5 just came in and the people that looked at 10 and FBI and said "no way". Many of them found themselves WAY behind when they finally realize... hey.. I'm gonna have to do this.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    If in the end no one is happy, then probably they actually did thier jobs right for once..

As long as poeple can more or less play together again and the epeening stops, then the game designers get a kudos from me.

Im sick and tired of the toxicity and the 4k only r12 bonding , legendary pet postings.

Saw a 3k only r12 for elol today..

what the mother loving hamsters have they done to our game.

My philopshy is basicaly to do enough to play with people .. up to mod 10.. never was a issue, never really complained about what they gave us in terms of grind.

Mod 10 was the straw that brake the back for many of us, it was just so drastic in scaling from previous mods, I simply gave up and waited.

I am hoping that the new weapons are close enough to relic that we can all just move on with life ..

• Options
    edited January 2017

If in the end no one is happy, then probably they actually did thier jobs right for once..

As long as poeple can more or less play together again and the epeening stops, then the game designers get a kudos from me.

Im sick and tired of the toxicity and the 4k only r12 bonding , legendary pet postings.

This is the Fault of PEOPLE not the Devs... It starts at an indiviual's level.. then guild.. then alliance.. then custom channel.... If any or all of those things were helpful, optimistic... and thinking outside themselves... the complexitiy and diversity of content we'd have access to would be more better...

Elitism is a personal choice.. NOT a function of the game. I think i've proven that at least a bit with my efforts and our success...

The Elitists, Quitters, and people that say you can only do _____ if you are _____ only make things harder on themselves AND EVERYONE ELSE. This hasn't changed since I started playing this game back in Mod 3.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

urabask said:

weaver936 said:

This is one time the Devs might have actually did something they said they intended to do... instead of letting ignorance of actual game play mechanics and greed cause them to give another item that screws up the work they did in a previous mod. I understand that to a lot of people SKT is something they can't or WON'T do.. but there a MANY people (more everyday) that can and will.

Please don't just look at the game from you and your own cliques' biases.... this game has always needed DIVERSITY.. in people and content. We've had diversity in types of players.. recently and hopefully continuing into the future... maybe the devs will continue to include diversity in content.. and I don't just mean new dungeons.. I mean paths of progression...

The old Firesoul bonus was good for the game ONLY in the marketing aspect of the game. Fast, Easy, New Weapons that you could (had to) get to be BiS... (let me get my Credit Card).

The new set bonuses makes it to where Firesoul doesn't replace Relic.. it still leaves Esva and Somi as relevant content in game. It still leaves people that have invested in those weapons about half a mod ago with RIGHTFULLY earned progress in game for a respectable amount of time.

"Rest assured we will absolutely not be releasing ascended weapons in a state that obsoletes relic weapons. In truth, we will be aiming to ensure that relic weapons are still the optimal choice." - Asterdahl

OMG, they might ACTUALLY get it right... aligning their intent with what actually happens in game... That would be a RARE occurance.

They're still close enough to Relic weapons that somi/msva will be dead in mod 11. The only people still running it will be those that don't want to give up on the weapons they already made.
    And people that think for themselves and aren't blindly following the masses. I'm still getting more requests daily to join my channel.. and not from me spamming for recruits. Still more people asking in Zone chat in Somi about maps and fishing etc.. still NEW people starting the process.

On top of that.. i expect a resurgence in interest as more people realise that they really SHOULD do the content.. like what happened when 10.5 just came in and the people that looked at 10 and FBI and said "no way". Many of them found themselves WAY behind when they finally realize... hey.. I'm gonna have to do this.
    You're basically implying that DPS toons are going to complete mod 10.5 content for about +5% extra damage over mod 11 weapons. There are a limited number of players for whom this is actually true and for support classes there's absolutely no reason to do it because the relic weapon set bonus is useless for them anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    urabask said:

weaver936 said:

urabask said:

weaver936 said:

You're basically implying that DPS toons are going to complete mod 10 content for about +5% extra damage over mod 11 weapons. There are a limited number of players for whom this is actually true and for support classes there's absolutely no reason to do it because the relic weapon set bonus is useless for them anyways.
    There will always be people who need something left to do. This will be their carrot.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

I think this will be a refreshing and much needed change to the game.
    weaver936 said:

This is the Fault of PEOPLE not the Devs... It starts at an indiviual's level.. then guild.. then alliance.. then custom channel.... If any or all of those things were helpful, optimistic... and thinking outside themselves... the complexitiy and diversity of content we'd have access to would be more better...

Elitism is a personal choice.. NOT a function of the game. I think i've proven that at least a bit with my efforts and our success...

The Elitists, Quitters, and people that say you can only do _____ if you are _____ only make things harder on themselves AND EVERYONE ELSE. This hasn't changed since I started playing this game back in Mod 3.
    Its actually both, a game can be designed wrong to enhance that experience. I believe mod 10 was such a mod.

The different between elemental weapons and twisted, was no where this large of a jump, neither were they this boring to obtain.

Elitism abounds in mod 10 and 10.5.. way more then previous mods.

Its due to them gating this content in the manner they did.

Its just time to alleviate some of this, thats all..

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    It's not elitism when the truth is, is that stupid bonuses with a 1/3rd uptime are unreliable.

The illusion set has some sense with a CD like that, but not one that boosts your stats by a little amount.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I honestly did not even try to get the new weapons refined. They are still sitting in my main's bags unrestored. I did do the rest of mod 10-10.5 grind as I do like the rest of it. But really the reason I did not do it is simple, no one wants to take a DO righteous DC, they all want AA in either SOMI or FBI. So it is a different type of elitism that affected me, and that is even from people in my own guild. But in truth, any of the 4 mod 11 weapons would be better for my main than the relic weapon is.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I think this will be a refreshing and much needed change to the game.

weaver936 said:

Its actually both, a game can be designed wrong to enhance that experience. I believe mod 10 was such a mod.

The different between elemental weapons and twisted, was no where this large of a jump, neither were they this boring to obtain.

Elitism abounds in mod 10 and 10.5.. way more then previous mods.

Its due to them gating this content in the manner they did.

Its just time to alleviate some of this, thats all..

You really should know about the Zergers that have existed in game for years... whole channels filled with hundreds or thousands of elitists.... always posting for stupid levels of IL for elol.. etos.. yes that all existed pre Mod 10.

Blaming Mod 10 for elitism is silly.. just as silly as Elitists nerfing themselves with being Exclusive in forming teams with only other High IL players... the HARDEST part of SKT content is Finding the group in the first place... and the next hardest thing is cooperating with the people in the content.... BOTH of those things makes it counter-productive to be elitist in Mod 10... it's a SELF NERF... as has been proven by my friends in SKT3k.

The problem is the People.. not the content.

Attitude is everything.

• Options
    edited January 2017

I honestly did not even try to get the new weapons refined. They are still sitting in my main's bags unrestored. I did do the rest of mod 10-10.5 grind as I do like the rest of it. But really the reason I did not do it is simple, no one wants to take a DO righteous DC, they all want AA in either SOMI or FBI. So it is a different type of elitism that affected me, and that is even from people in my own guild. But in truth, any of the 4 mod 11 weapons would be better for my main than the relic weapon is.

My DC doesn't have the Relic Set.. she still uses the Burning Set.. but i will get the Fey set for her in Mod 11. I might even take the relic.. restore it.. and use all my EXTRA Blues and Purple Marks I get from doing esva and Somi RP for the relic weapon and up my relic... so that when Mod 11 hits... guess what... cheap and fairly easy lvl 59 Fey set... just from left overs I'm getting esva and Somi :D.

I run with DO/DC... I've found a way to include OP healers and DO/DC's in FBI runs and esva runs. When you are in a community with people that value you as a person and not a collection of pixels... anything is possible :D.

We get it done.. and it's been working for months now :D. No matter what the elitists say :D

And before anyone spouts off about me promoting my channel or w/e... I'm just counter-balancing the MISinformation and ignorance that is so abundant when it comes to Mod 10. It's doable.. it's enjoyable... it's beneficial.. when you surround yourself with the right people.

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    The Firesoul weapon is now in line with other mod 11 weapons.

Compared to the Mod 10/10.5 Relic it's a bit lower so people have to choose to do a bit less DPS with a certain proc of the set bonus or more DPS but with a chance to proc it.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    You guys are fighting over a bonus? A bonus is supposed to be just that, a bonus. An additional benefit, not the main benefit. I remember the devs saying they'll get rid of bonuses to bring diversity to gear, wonder what happened. The new weapons have the exact same stats as the Relic weapons. I was hoping they'd have slightly lesser stats. IL 157 maybe? About 50 points lower? No... They gave the same stats, yet the fights in favor of new stuff goes on. *sigh* Stupid bonuses.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited January 2017

...no one wants to take a DO righteous DC, they all want AA in either SOMI or FBI.

Haha! I always hated playing Anointed Champion DCs, and never got good at using them. I went ahead and gave it another whirl this time because otherwise, might as well not bothered with Mod 10.5. Respecced, did some homework, geared and stat-ed up, learned the rotations, etc. I finally got pretty good at using ACs and they do provide some pretty sweet benefits to the group.

I still hate playing Anointed Champion DCs.
  • Options
    pterias said:

...no one wants to take a DO righteous DC, they all want AA in either SOMI or FBI.

Haha! I always hated playing Anointed Champion DCs, and never got good at using them. I went ahead and gave it another whirl this time because otherwise, might as well not bothered with Mod 10.5. Respecced, did some homework, geared and stat-ed up, learned the rotations, etc. I finally got pretty good at using ACs and they do provide some pretty sweet benefits to the group.

I still hate playing Anointed Champion DCs.
    The main difference is that you get to spam your daily more often and actually benefit from hastening light. Otherwise DO just uses a different debuff in their rotation. You're basically saying that you hate things that are better.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

The main difference is that you get to spam your daily more often and actually benefit from hastening light. Otherwise DO just uses a different debuff in their rotation. You're basically saying that you hate things that are better.

Oh yeah, ACs are better for supporting a group, no question. When playing solo though? Let's just say I picked up about 400 IL while changing over to AC to get into mSVA, but when soloing, I feel like I lost about 400 IL instead. Maybe it would feel "better" at 4k?

In fairness though, it's also a matter of building for pure support vs. dps+support, so it's not just the subclass. The entire point of AC is to build for spamming AA (base power, bonded recovery) for the group. DOs aren't pigeon-holed like that so they can be more than just group-wide radiant enchants + invulnerability, they can actually do some damage too.

Maybe that's the rub. While I like support classes ok, I don't like being ONLY support.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yep. DO makes solo play go so much better, and I do have 2 AC DCs too, just my main is a DO/DC and the one I prefer to play. It comes down to personal preference and not to which is the better build, which does what better. In all honesty all content in the game should be able to be done by any build, any party make-up. Can it be done, yes, can it be done efficiently, that is the rub. And most people do not want to or like to spend 2 hours in FBI or CN, which can happen with different party makeup.

There are no bad builds, there are just less efficient builds for what you want to accomplish.
  • Options
    pterias said:

urabask said:

Oh yeah, ACs are better for supporting a group, no question. When playing solo though? Let's just say I picked up about 400 IL while changing over to AC to get into mSVA, but when soloing, I feel like I lost about 400 IL instead. Maybe it would feel "better" at 4k?

In fairness though, it's also a matter of building for pure support vs. dps+support, so it's not just the subclass. The entire point of AC is to build for spamming AA (base power, bonded recovery) for the group. DOs aren't pigeon-holed like that so they can be more than just group-wide radiant enchants + invulnerability, they can actually do some damage too.

Maybe that's the rub. While I like support classes ok, I don't like being ONLY support.
    lol. Are you really trying to say that AC righteous has problems solo'ing?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    I wouldn't say "problems", but a 3.2k AC feels like a 2.5k DO when soloing. It works ok, but is underwhelming.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I have played both DO and AC DCs. My main is in fact a DO DC, while my AC DC is one of my 15 "secondary" characters. I do not expect this to change - I prefer DO to AC, but then again, I mostly play solo, and as others have said, while the AC may be better at supporting groups, the DO is probably better for the solo player. Having said that, though, I really like doing 10-man content like eDemo, with a second (AC) DC in the group - our buffs nicely complement each other.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    urabask said:

ESVA is in death throes now. Very difficult to get a good team together.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    missread deleted post
  • Options
    edited February 2017

urabask said:

ESVA is in death throes now. Very difficult to get a good team together.
    It was always that way.. because of people.. Elitists nerfed their own efforts with being exclusive... not teaching.. not caring about anything but DPS until.. they realised they had to think and at least TRY to work together. Those with lesser potential got discouraged because of the Elitist attitudes... most didn't even try after enough times of being overlooked or kicked from a party when a "better" class or IL came along...

Some fortunate souls found good channels and friends to run with ... and that's made all the difference for us.

Don't blame the Devs for the Community's foolishness.

The worst thing they might have done with Mod 10 is think the community was more sophisticated than it really was...

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I have used the following post before on another similar thread, I will post it again here:

I'm one of the players who went after the relic weapons and like many, I don't want to have to scramble again for a new set of weapons less than a mod later. Something should be done to compensate the players who just had their time and money wasted if the devs decide to reverse the nerf to the new weapons(which I doubt they will unfortunately).

However, that compensation should NOT come at the expense of the rest of the playerbase. Its an extremely petty, jealous, and elitist thing to do to ask that the rest of the playerbase should get shafted because you got shafted. How about nobody gets the shaft instead? An exchange similar to the lostmauth exchange should be set up where relic weapons + the new weapons upon obtaining them can be traded for the new weapons at the same rank as your relic weapons. This way, those who did put the time and money into grinding the relic weapons are fairly compensated and their efforts don't go to waste.

The relic grind was awful and most of the people who went after the relic weapons hated it. Its a GOOD thing that the devs were going to back out of the relic system and provide a much less tedious way for people to get BIS weapons and those who were opposed to better, easier to get weapons just swashed it for everyone else. Nice job, way to make this game a better place... (facepalms) The relic weapon system along with empowered gear was a failure, a mistake, and should be phased out and forgotten.

For those worried about the death of relic gear/weapons rendering the content from the last two mods a ghost town and obsolete, this content should get a few changes made to their loot tables and good rewards put in place to ensure people still have some reason to play the content and it doesn't just gather dust on the shelf. The content itself should not be phased out but the failed gear/refinement system should.

Those who asked for these new weapons to be nerfed to be less powerful than relic weapons should immediately begin storming the forums asking for the new weapons to be made equal to the relic weapons or better instead.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    +1 lol
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User

I kind of feel sorry for the devs at this point, it doesn't matter what they do, they going to upset someone. Me personally? I don't care whether or not the new weapons are better or not. Either they are better and I replace my relic weapons, or they are not and I keep my relic weapons.

A person immune to the pains of grind and impervious to the bad decisions of the studio. What potion have you drank sir? Id like one too.