test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make rogues more useful in PVE

123457»

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I don't find that to be the case. I have a GWF and TR of roughly equal IL with the same level bondings and enchantments - in fact the TR is a little higher in stats.

Both do a decent job but the GWF has a noticeable edge in 5 man content with much better burst damage. Being on XBox I don't have ACT but my estimation is the GWF does on average about 30% more damage.

I actually prefer playing the TR as I find the GWF a bit monotonous.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

The Rouge only needs a couple small fixes. The devs actually play the TR and they deemed it serviceable. The problem I see are 3k rouges with no bondings complaining about 2.8 GWFs with rank 10 bondings. Stop crying and do your homework

The TR is serviceable if you play a MI Exec, and then only if you are very very good at it
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @krazydog#1509 lol you can disagree all you like, but unless you play both classes at equal IL you can't really say for yourself, can you.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • doink#2651 doink Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Any suggestions what to do when OwtS procs and the stealthbar won´t fill up to max? After Lurker or WW no problem, but without? Is this a bug or do I misunderstand the capstone somehow? Also it makes Ambushers Haste useless cause my stealthbar stays at 95%. This costs me a lot of damge as MI Sabo.
    Doink....useless TR...

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Any suggestions what to do when OwtS procs and the stealthbar won´t fill up to max? After Lurker or WW no problem, but without? Is this a bug or do I misunderstand the capstone somehow? Also it makes Ambushers Haste useless cause my stealthbar stays at 95%. This costs me a lot of damge as MI Sabo.

Yes, it's a bug, it was reported since mod5 (but somewhat forgotten with the silent death of Sabo specs).
  • doink#2651 doink Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Then I hope they will fix it someday. Or just adjust Lurker to gain AP after use like they did with Hallowed Ground and give it also a 45 seconds cooldown. Might help the sabo cause he is high on recovery. ;)
    Doink....useless TR...

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

Hey Sunny,

In looking at your video, maybe I'm missing it because I'm not used to the layout on consoles, but it looked like you used your stealth with your smoke bomb. Is that right? If so, you're missing out on a lot of damage from not using your stealth with the lashing blade which grants you an additional +50% crit severity if used from stealth. I hit smoke bomb without stealth and then stealth>lashing blade, if I don't use a daily against a single target. But, I keep a pretty high crit chance, so that may not work as well if you don't.

You know what you are doing, of course. Just thought I'd see if I could help.

I do mix it up a bit depending on what is on screen and what is available, I normally have dazing slotted for the multi target hit and the control affects, so when I get down to single target I typically go smoke and then stealth to proc SoD and take the damage loss on dazing, lashing would be better for single target but I prefer dazing in a crowd from stealth, it usually hits for 3x 60K +, so i dont bother switching that around too much. Plus I don't slot shadowborn at the moment, trying a little something else...

I will occasionally hit stealth and then smoke for the longer control effect, but usually I do that if I want to stand around and watch them die...lol, but yeah, I might have done that once in the first part of the fight with a full screen of trash.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies