test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Airing of Grievances (some Winter Fest 2016 feedback)

2»

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Change the gift giving animation to something unique and not spoofable and that should stop scammers.

The lag in the festival zone was almost unplayable, even in less full instances. I can only assume that was the cause if a Twilight Run glitch that hit me a few times. The game failed to register my character having passed through a Rally Gate. Unlike the Failed timer result, this apparently stalled out the quest so that no further gates or bonuses registered, making it impossible to gain more points.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User

Promo Companion Bonus
    As an old hand, there is nothing I need to buy with lights to such a degree that I really feel burned by the present lack of functional bonus (whatever, I'll still have it next year), but I question the decision to make it +40% to lights, and the quantities shown on quests don't agree with that, and I don't really understand how it's meant to work (and maybe that's why it's broken). You can't grant us +40% of 1 or 2 lights, unless it rounds up to the closest even number. The companion is cute, but the math is strange. It might not be a terrible idea to add another bonus to it like you did with Grazilaxx as well.

@nitocris83

Quality feedback Becky. This is my favourite festival and it is alt-friendly too.

On the note of the Simril Promo companion, as far as I am aware there has been no update regarding this. We were given an indication of "after the holidays" and the Starlight Parcels issue was priority (rightly so) so patience was required.

So, what is the current situation for those of us who spent money on this companion that did not deliver as promised?

@nitocris83
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    promise didnt kept as they said, broken, word mean nothing to them. hopefully wanted to be forgotten and bugs will be back on next festivals, then we complain again.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User

Making all the drops BTA would be a bad business decision it seems to me.   There is a reason it's limited.

Bound to account still doesn't address the problem of unneeded duplicates (it's not rocket science)...

For instance if a person has maxed out their character slots and have the mounts/companions they want, what are they to do when they pickup a mount or companion that they don't need - don't want and may even be inferior to the mounts or companions they already have if those items are bound to account?

Yeah we all know the answer, sell them for a few coppers to a merchant or just discard them... (not really the best way to encourage people to play the game IMO).

Unless the rewards for are periodically changed eventually people are going to have all the useful items they can possibly aquire and no longer have a reason to participate. Of course this will take some time, but it's already happening...

As an example I participated in the Festival of Simril last year and during that festival recieved a Winter Wolf mount (along with all of the other give aways that were available this year). Some of those items can actually be used, but others definately can't. I have one character with two Winter Wolf mounts and wasn't able to auction, trade, discard or sell it (that's just insane).

So what incentive is there for me to even log on during this time period next year?

It certainly isn't to pick up a third Winter Wolf mount that I can't auction, trade, discard or sell and although those items are free (thank you very much) it's kind of a bummer when other people are getting free stuff that the want and can use - but others get nothing for their time and effort (great for newbies - HAMSTER for loyal existing players).

Here's a thought if items are to remain 'bound to account', go back to some kind of "fusion" or allow some items to be used to "enchant" similar items (add a number of like items to another to level it up), even if the infusion rate is insanely high it would be better IMO than getting all of these items which for all practical purposes are useless and of course Cryptic will be able to sell even more protection wards and coaliscent wards and Zen for people leveling up those infused or enchanted items.

Just a thought.
    DD~
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    You're not supposed to be able to pick up a second Winter Wolf if you already have one on you, and I'm not sure how some players managed it (though I am aware that they did... somehow).

The error is because all Zen market mounts were made undiscardable. They are also normally greyed out if you already have one, and the UI even hides the ones that are in your stable.

I assume it's some weirdness involved with claiming it from the "free" tab which may not have all the safeguards as the mount section.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited January 2017

You're not supposed to be able to pick up a second Winter Wolf if you already have one on you, and I'm not sure how some players managed it (though I am aware that they did... somehow).

The error is because all Zen market mounts were made undiscardable. They are also normally greyed out if you already have one, and the UI even hides the ones that are in your stable.

I assume it's some weirdness involved with claiming it from the "free" tab which may not have all the safeguards as the mount section.

First of all thank you for your response...

Now, WHY are all Zen market mounts made undiscardable? Since we now have a Stable tab, why not active inactive slots for mounts like we have for companions? I may aquire a new mount somewhere and it may be better or more preferred than what I currently have - then what? Or perhaps I've aquired a new mount but also want to keep the mounts I already have (within reason like the companion tab) - then what?

The point isn't that there was some kind of error in the multiple Winter Wolf factor (obviously there was)... but what's the incentive for loyal long time players to participate in an event if everything they are offered during that promotional event, is the same as it was the prior year? If they already have those items they can't use them because they're duplicates and they can't sell those items on the Action House, or give them to another player because they're bound? 

None that I know of... {*You're a new player, here a gift for you - You're a loyal long time player... nothing for you}

And aside from the glitch that allowed players to obtain more than one Winter Wolf, what about the people who picked up multiple Champion Chargers or other items that they already had, couldn't use, couldn't auction, trade or gift to another player?

My reoccurring complaint is that there are too many things bound...

Bound to character is worse, bound to account only slightly better -

All things aquired should be Bound on Equip IMO... If that floods the Auction House with so many items that it drives the prices down, what's the harm in that except to the people who are using the Auction House for a major source of income so they don't have to actually quest for Astral Diamonds or spend money for Zen to purchase items?

In my mind Neverwinter is about questing, running dungeons, skirmishes, campaigns and devistating bad guys for fun an profit... if people only want to buy and sell things to make as much money as possible (thus artifically inflating the economy - not to mention the Zen exchange for other players) as their primary source of entertainment - perhaps they should play Monopoly ~

Anyway those are my thoughts - such as they are.

DD~
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    dionchi said:

OK, WHY are all Zen market mounts made undiscardable? Since we now have a Stable tab, why not active inactive slots for mounts like we have for companions? I may aquire a new mount somewhere and it may be better or more preferred than what I currently have - then what? Or perhaps I've aquired a new mount but also want to keep the mounts I already have (within reason like the companion tab) - then what?

It's literally impossible to run out of room for them. They equip to the (umm, how exactly did I put that again?) Infinite Magical Pony Storage Facility when you have more than 5 mounts. It's kind of like idle companions except you don't need to buy extra space.

I'm not sure why the decision was made to make them undiscardable when the old behaviors seemed adequate (claim if you don't have, can't if you do, discard if you wish), but it does not normally cause issues with Zen mounts.

The Charger and Staldorf were both mistakes to not alter from their event-earned BoP status IMO, but I went over that in my first post.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited January 2017

It's literally impossible to run out of room for them. They equip to the (umm, how exactly did I put that again?) Infinite Magical Pony Storage Facility when you have more than 5 mounts. It's kind of like idle companions except you don't need to buy extra space.

I'm not sure why the decision was made to make them undiscardable when the old behaviors seemed adequate (claim if you don't have, can't if you do, discard if you wish), but it does not normally cause issues with Zen mounts.

The Charger and Staldorf were both mistakes to not alter from their event-earned BoP status IMO, but I went over that in my first post.

Seriously, thank you for that information... I don't remember any mention of endless mount slots when the stables tab was introduced in the patch notes and have been intentionally limiting my acquisition of mounts due to the limited stable space that appeared available.

And your BoP Items Added to Starlight Parcel Loot Table post, I'm in complete agreement with you on that, but the question now is what if anything is going to be done to address this "mistake"?

I don't have a lot of time to frequent the forums unfortunately - but it seems everytime I do, I learn something.
    DD~