test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Down time Question of the Devs

2»

Comments

• mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

I would love to use the Foundry for my Level Design II class again. Our semester started 8-16-17, is there any workflow or updates coming down the pipe in the next few months that would bring the Foundry down? We have tried to use this in several of our classes, as stated before it is an excellent teaching tool but we ran into quite a few hiccups with assets not being there or the entire Foundry being removed for weeks at a time. Our semester ends December 12th. Any indication of future stability would be a great guide to whether I can use it. Or, if you have a test server that has access available all of the time we could have permission to use that would be fantastic.

@kreatyve
    @ironzerg79
    @tripsofthrymr
    @zebular
    @mimicking

Ahoy Weehawk-
    That's awesome that you want to use Foundry again. I can tell you that we've done some work since we last spoke to make the system more stable for builds and updates, as well as dealing with several exploits that were causing issues.

That being said, I cannot guarantee that something won't happen. In fact any time we do a module update the foundry might be down for a couple of days. I'd advise that your students make paper map designs as part of the work in design as a back up.

In the mean time I've spoken with our lead engineer, and he is talking with the core team to see if foundry can be enabled on Neverwinter preview; we we really don't know what that would entail, though.

Ping me and let me know when your class publishes anything- I'd love to take a look at what your class is doing.
    Regards,
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    @weehawk101 Keep us up-to-date on the forums when your students publish their projects. I'll see if I can wrangle some Foundry community folks back together for some reviews. I'd recommend trying to coordinate with @StrumSlinger or @nitocris83 to try getting the projects as "featured" quests when they are complete. If all works well, maybe there could be some sort of blog post encouraging players to give reviews?
    That way there is a fairly good chance at getting feedback from players in general. The semester is long, we'll see how it goes, but best of luck to you and your students!
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • weehawk101weehawk101 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Will Do guys, and @mimicking#6533 Paper is a must, sometimes we even do small sets, lots'o'fun! Please keep us posted and we will surly get you the codes to play if we can make it work. Thanks again! ~M
    It would also be great to assign an academic liaision to the team. There are quite a number of schools running this program (SGD) and it would be great to partner with you folks. Again thanks! ~M
    @mimicking#6533 It has happened again! We have two classes using aspects of the Foundry for projects, one, my level design class, project is due on Dec 12th and the foundry is down again. The students are super disappointed. Any ETA or progress in a fixed/static Foundry server? Any info would be a great help, I just want to have something to share with them as to when they can start work again.

Thanks
    ~M
    CPCC Simulations and Game Development
    Level Design Instructor
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

@mimicking#6533 It has happened again! We have two classes using aspects of the Foundry for projects, one, my level design class, project is due on Dec 12th and the foundry is down again. The students are super disappointed. Any ETA or progress in a fixed/static Foundry server? Any info would be a great help, I just want to have something to share with them as to when they can start work again.

Thanks
    ~M
    CPCC Simulations and Game Development
    Level Design Instructor

Hello! The Foundry is always taken offline for each module release in order to ensure stability of the build. We hope to have it back up as soon as possible.