What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW has terrible Tank and Healer content

124»

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    AND i will add mostly for fbi this: when i go here i am going to have fun and its always 1-2 poeple will say: can you bug the boss? WE TALK About bis players.
  • Options
    burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I agree with @armadeonx with with removing life steal, i'm playing currently a 3.3k GWF and can run ahead of my group if I so choose in a CN run and stay alive from lifesteal and DR alone which is bogus in regards for any mmo like never winter. Lifesteal should be an extremely selective thing that is only achievable via feats or a weapon enchantments.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    You guys forget they already reworked lifesteal because it was healing too much providing self-sustain to everyone who built for it. If they rework it again it will be simply a matter of acquiring a new tier of gear till folks become self-sustainable again. You cant escape that, people who dedicate a lot to the game expect to have super powerful toons in return.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Lifesteal should make logical sense with the character - as a DM that's something that I require. You can do anything you want provided it makes sense. Should a warlock have lifesteal? Yes - that makes sense. Should a GWF have lifesteal? Um, maybe if it's a part of their magic sword... but naturally - no.

There is so much in this game that as a DM I wouldn't allow for a second, but I keep reminding myself that it's a computer game so maybe it has to be that way.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

I agree with @armadeonx with with removing life steal, i'm playing currently a 3.3k GWF and can run ahead of my group if I so choose in a CN run and stay alive from lifesteal and DR alone which is bogus in regards for any mmo like never winter. Lifesteal should be an extremely selective thing that is only achievable via feats or a weapon enchantments.

Try this in FBI and we will see...everyone with that GS can run ahead of the group in CN. Thats not that big deal. But tbh: Ill trie to kick such ppl, cuzz there is no need to run ahead in front of a group in CN. I got a 4,3k GWF, but i know "tank goes first, no need to run like a suicidebomber" .
    Theese " i run first, cuzz i need the attention" ppl are the ones in pug runs that i never liked and what i never understood why they need this behavior...

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Lifesteal should make logical sense with the character - as a DM that's something that I require. You can do anything you want provided it makes sense. Should a warlock have lifesteal? Yes - that makes sense. Should a GWF have lifesteal? Um, maybe if it's a part of their magic sword... but naturally - no.

There is so much in this game that as a DM I wouldn't allow for a second, but I keep reminding myself that it's a computer game so maybe it has to be that way.

actually it is always from gear, enchants and basically everything but the gwf it's self. so it is the magic sword/armor/whatever.

and as this game is build... pretty much yeah, actually it has less to do with being computer game more to do with a functional one. same ruleset for everyone, run a campaign where everyone is on different ruleset. see how long it takes you to drop it.

and really in any setting with magic as a skill exists anyone not being about learn it because they not a magic user by trade is rather questionable. even muti classing which neverwinter doesn't have is odd. your telling cause I spent a couple weeks learning a handful of spells, I forever weaker as a fighter then some who didn't but is otherwise the same, that makes no sense.

magic via empowerment/deals being locked out in less your all about making deals for magic powers is beyond questionable.

and what makes sense is very debateable, and more often then not more based on a person own mental hang ups then anything close to reasoning.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I know they'll never do it, but that's why I said they should remove lifesteal completely from gear and enchantments. Warlocks and Control Wizards could have it in feats & class features as an aspect of their 'magic' abilities whilst everyone else would need to rely on defence & deflect plus external healing.

This is reasonable due to casters lower armor class and poor damage avoidance/immunity skills. E.g. TR has a 75% deflect severity, GWF has Unstoppable, HR has Fox's Cunning etc.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    armadeonx said:

This is reasonable due to casters lower armor class and poor damage avoidance/immunity skills. E.g. TR has a 75% deflect severity, GWF has Unstoppable, HR has Fox's Cunning etc.

Serious?
    Post edited by spideymt on

• Options
    spideymt said:

armadeonx said:

Serious?
    Yes, but as someone who has a CW as a main character as well as a 2.6k SW I could live without it even on those classes. Being forced to stack more DR and rely more on healers to survive in combat would make the game more 'traditional mmo' and I have no issue with that.

• Options
    Maybe i was not clear about my question? Are you comparing classes like TR/GWF with HR and casters?

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

spideymt said:

armadeonx said:

Serious?
    Yes, but as someone who has a CW as a main character as well as a 2.6k SW I could live without it even on those classes. Being forced to stack more DR and rely more on healers to survive in combat would make the game more 'traditional mmo' and I have no issue with that.
    Well, good luck surviving a fight with 2 giants and some trash in SOMI without LS. As long as some mobs are CC immune and hit for 40-60k with normal attacks LS is needed. I can ignore most mechanics playing solo, but my chars have good gear, boons etc. I think some ppl demanding nerfs should keep in mind, that most players are neither in a R20 guild, nor have 3-4k IL chars, nor a stable of epic mounts with insignia boons,...

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    That's why I also made the point that npc damage should be reworked so it chips away at players rather than whacks them for >25% of HP. My CW can currently regain full health in 1 hit.

Tbh I also think people go into harder areas too early. I completed IWD on my DC and CW (haste & renegade at the time) well before guild boons etc and both characters were around 2.5k with cheap weapon & armor enchantments. Imo people are better off entering the SOMI areas after completing everything else and getting above 2.8k. This campaign was specifically designed for geared characters, hence Everfrost damage and the IL reqs on the new dungeons.

I saw a 2.2k player getting seriously slapped around in Bryn Shander not long ago. I had no issue with him giving it a try but at that IL he probably still hadn't finished Sharandar...

• Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    armadeonx said:

That's why I also made the point that npc damage should be reworked so it chips away at players rather than whacks them for >25% of HP. My CW can currently regain full health in 1 hit.

Tbh I also think people go into harder areas too early. I completed IWD on my DC and CW (haste & renegade at the time) well before guild boons etc and both characters were around 2.5k with cheap weapon & armor enchantments. Imo people are better off entering the SOMI areas after completing everything else and getting above 2.8k. This campaign was specifically designed for geared characters, hence Everfrost damage and the IL reqs on the new dungeons.

I saw a 2.2k player getting seriously slapped around in Bryn Shander not long ago. I had no issue with him giving it a try but at that IL he probably still hadn't finished Sharandar...

I remember when I first went to IWD and Dwarven Valley with my 9,7k - 10k power and like sub 90k hp sw, most enemies were melting my poor toon, especially in the latter (groups of ice trolls would obliterate her no problem), it was horrible. I switched powers to borrowed time, warlock's bargain, dreadteft and I think fiery bolt and was able to quest in those areas although I'd take massive damage and would also take a while to kill things, if switching to soul schorch to deal more damage in exchange for less self-healing from sparks and borrowed time I would not survive. I think I also used blades of vanquished armies instead of fiery bolt and if I remember well it used to work.