What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A plea to Cryptic. New Module -> Dungeons, Foundry, Balance

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

@urabask

I simply will not do that garbage, regardless of what I guildmates choose, I have trolled around the new zone , but havent even finished one set of the quests yet, let alone a daily, spent 5 mins fishing and said scrwe that..

I will not do that junk.

I am however, looking at other games, I will continue to log in daily, get my key, save up as much as possible for double event, do the winter festival and then probably wait it out until new mod.

If poeple were still running stuff, I would stay in the game.. but as you said, ITS dead.. the entire game at the moment is about people fishing, and I dont see it dying down for weeks.

Why.. because they can troll around for hours making about ten times as much as a dungeon, but dungeon loot sux and there is nothing to sell to anyone, other then 1 super rare artifact basically.

It boggles my mind.. totally that poeple wear the armor to start with .. and then spend hours a week to refresh it.. Whatever, not really here to tell them to do it or not.. it just the most boring concept in the world to me.

I guess this game has passed me by, I will do the limited amount of stuff I said and look for other games.

I mean mod 8 and 9 were all about running skirmishes and dungeons. If they've made the switch this mod they've probably got some metrics that tell them it wasn't working. Maybe they'll change their minds in mod 11 but I doubt they went from putting everything good in a mod into the dungeon to dumping it all in HEs/fishing for no reason.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The devs have publicly recognized that what they tried to do with the skirmishes (variable content?) failed. I'm also not sure there's ever been a point when PoM wasn't broken, and Throne hasn't worked out so well either.

And people have run CN to death despite the fact that the revamped version has soiled the cherished memory of the original.

It comes back to loot. Fishing... doesn't use f'n keys.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

It comes back to loot. Fishing... doesn't use f'n keys.

The one upshot to fishing, I guess.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Pathetic..

Sad and pathetic.

You have battled the Goddess Tiamat, knocked Valindra back to the Mat.. eating dragons for breakfast..

now the only loot worth anything is in a stupid side game.

Mother HAMSTER HAMSTER, worst mmo design team I have ever seen.. ever.

I DISAGREE 100%.. mod 6 was WAY better then this.

Can you imagine.. when you were in the broken HAMSTER module, that you would miss it?
  • Options
    nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    +1 and proper class balance because that has yet to occur.......
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User

Yup, we hear you. More dungeons and less Heroic Encounters. We'll gladly take that to heart.

Appreciate the sentiment Strum, and I am assuming the bold text is a typo but just to be clear the request is for No more HE's not less
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Pathetic..

Sad and pathetic.

You have battled the Goddess Tiamat, knocked Valindra back to the Mat.. eating dragons for breakfast..

now the only loot worth anything is in a stupid side game.

Mother HAMSTER HAMSTER, worst mmo design team I have ever seen.. ever.

I DISAGREE 100%.. mod 6 was WAY better then this.

Can you imagine.. when you were in the broken HAMSTER module, that you would miss it?

Yeah I agree, and what really makes it sad is that if everyone is running it, its going to get a tick and be considered a success. I don't know if its just a minority that hates this mod or whether the masses would play a "let's eat HAMSTER" game if had decent rewards.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

+5000000000000000000000x 1 million to the 10th power.

I will PAY you for content that is group designed to play.

I will NOT pay you to skip things like searching for hours for little relics.

OMG..

Just like the key situation, you have totally ignored feedback for mods and mods. ITs coming to ahead now.

No one in thier right freaking mind, thinks these new mods are fun.. they are NOT fun.

YOU MADE a GAME that is not fun.. do you get it?

Anyone?

Buehler.. buehler..

Stop being so unreasonable in your monetization schemes and thousands of us will pay you actual real money..

I would pay for a dungeon pack at this point, to avoid the rest of the inanity and garbage you are throwing our way.

Actually, no. All they had to do was to wait for someone, anyone, to ask for what they wanted to deliver.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Maybe i m the only one here but i like this mod. I had bad impression on fishing at 1st ( lonelywood fishing ) but this fishing is fun. Beside that my favorite is treasure hunting. Although time consuming but it gave me so much satisfaction when i get to find the treasure. A game in a game :) Thanks to fishing and treasure hunting, i get to do something other than monster hacking and slashing.

This whole map is also beautiful and fun. So many things to do it feels like an arctic resort. SOMI is definitely the place i would go if i want to take a break from dungeon and stuff. Also this mod cured my anonymous audio tearing lag i had since mod 6. I m able to play much better now. The only thing i still dont like here is voninblood requirement. Havent tried epic trial yet but i hope its good.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Yeah I agree, and what really makes it sad is that if everyone is running it, its going to get a tick and be considered a success. I don't know if its just a minority that hates this mod or whether the masses would play a "let's eat HAMSTER" game if had decent rewards.

This is a proof of how desperated are the players to progress. But really is so hard to make IN-GAME POLLS to know the players feeling about it?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    I think there are some players that will do anything no matter what, other players put up with HAMSTER , thinking it will get better, maybe even hate it.. but will do it.

I cant believe they dont have a check balance team, that any moment they were discussing this mess, someone didnt raise a objection, like.. woah, wait, you mean fishing is your central them to a entire mod.. Are you really sure you want to go down this road.

Fishing..
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It's almost like they drew straws to see who would get the doomed plaque "lead dev" on his desk.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

It's almost like they drew straws to see who would get the doomed plaque "lead dev" on his desk.

I guess you did not know the "lead dev" actually is a NPC like Lord Neverember.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Includes free red uni....jersey >:)

• Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    +1

No more idiotic grind. No more temporary items ("empowerement").

There are so many skills in this game which are bugged, do not work properly, or are blatantly inefficient. These should be your priority.

There still also are several old dungeons which were removed and could be reworked and put back in with little work. We need variety of dungeons, with an actual reward at the end, not just a chest of garbage we decline.

I cant resist pointing out the laughable aspect of this new mod: "Our great adventurer, after beating Valindra, Tiamat, Demogorgon, Baphomet and all kind of mean baddies encounter a bunch of nordic morons who ask him 'hey would you do some fishing for us?' and he says 'yes' and go on to crafting some godlike weapons with fish's guts"

Last but not the least: When you roll a final patch for an update on preview and people start noticing serious unforseen bugs what you should do is roll back to the last build, not send it as is to the live servers. That seems pretty basic to me.
  • Options
    hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
  • Options
    superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    LMFAO :D...and after....to BLAST the frustration with fishifishifishing out of your system you do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZNBcJTmWs

and +1 to DUNGEONS and NO MORE freaking Heroic Encounters!
  • Options
    astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Dungeons!! ... many players flee thru dungeons at break-neck-speed ("wheres the fire")...and looting--many leave loot/gold where they had falling after killing their foes!!! Good luck with mods with only Dungeons!
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    are you saying devs are "red shirts"?
  • Options
    trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    "Yep, we hear you" sounds very sarcastic and patronizing to me. I am a ps4 player. So fairly new to the game, and I love many aspects of this game. Unfortunately this endless grind with no reward is. Killing. Me. I don't mind he's, but I hate that I have to do them to progress. In the key thread you asked us for suggestions, you were go enough many in both that thread, and this. The ball is in your court now, we as customers hAve expectations for the money we spent, if they are not met we will leave.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User

Yup, we hear you. More dungeons and less Heroic Encounters. We'll gladly take that to heart.

Now that i think about this, i hope this is not the reason why HE is not spawning as frequent as before. There are still people that like doing HE. I like the feeling it gives me when running around in large group continuously around the map. Also the challenge it gives when doing it alone. At least this is one of the thing i enjoy while waiting for dungeon to pop.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Any optimism I had, due to the new Lead Designer, has been erased by this extension of module 10.

Cryptic is either incapable of finding a solid Lead, they are unwilling to pay a good one or there is management above that Lead pulling the strings.

It's actually a likely combination of all of the above.

It's possible that we haven't seen anything that Mimic King has had his hands in implementing. They were already finishing mod 10 when he took the job. Mod 11 should actually show what he's been up to.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    In their attempt to make this game similar to WoW, they are doing a great disservice to this playerbase, there is already a game like WOW.. .. people can go play that, we came here due to the format they had here.

Also in retrospect , thinking about other games, like Lotro, I played all of my toons were able to play the game up to t1 raids, sure, I could only due t2s with maybe 3-4 toons, but that shows you the vast difference, when I came to neverwinter, I felt it was very similar for a long time (years)

I simply do not understand , why they have to have this much grind level, without thinking about people who like to play alts.

Whats the harm to have account wide unlock items on gated dungeons? They should also make several items in the zen store account wide.

Why do we EVEN have to approach them on this, this should be automatic thought process on their side.

• Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    Yeah, old Neverwinter (mod 1-5), did not have any of the grind that I experienced from other MMO's. This is what drew me into this game, well and the combat.

Because of RnG and the sheer amount of campaigns we have to complete, this system is getting harder and harder to maintain anything but a main character. In every other MMO i have played, I have had 1 main (BiS) and at least 2 or 3 alts (close to BiS) that I could run through all content. Hell, in EQ1 I had 6 character that I ran through all content up to and including the Planes of Power and if you know EQ1 than you know what real grind is, IMHO.

I like playing more that one character because you can experience more of what the game has to offer by switching up your class every once in a while. For me, it teaches me how to best be effective and advise my group on the good approaches to tackling whatever obstacle is in front of us.

Just saying.....
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

...That being said, I personally like the concept of khyeks and sailing around...

The key point is - why sail around?

To enjoy the novelty of a heretofore unknown activity in the game? To explore new areas with new opportunities for engaging combat situations that are spontaneous and not hard wired? To fish as a novelty when you feel like it?

Or because you HAVE to, repeatedly, again and again and again, because the game mechanic REQUIRES it to advance in a given campaign zone?

The former scenario is for the fun of it. The latter is a grindfest requirement that is anything but fun.

This is a game. We play the game for fun. Unless I work for Cryptic (or am a botter extraordinaire) there's no money in it for me - just enjoyment. Maybe if I had a bad case of OCD, this kind of activity would be good for me. I'm not in that situation.

So thanks but no thanks. Wake me up when the game is fun again.
  • Options
    forums700forums700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Good loot from fishing is obviously just a bribe to get us to run the new content. It speaks volumes about how the company is trying to prove to itself that the new content is a success. Never mind all the other problems with the game, the huge amounts of negative feedback about Mod 10 and declining customer numbers on PC.

The problem with this sort of solution is while you can fiddle numbers to make it appear in the short term that you've done well, in the long term it won't work because you'll pay the price in customer retention. The question looming large in many people's minds is 'why would I even bother with this?' and you shouldn't be encouraging us to ask it. Even those people who are making in game money from repetitive boring tasks are going to wake up eventually and realise there's no point to having the best gear and a bank full of AD if there's nothing fun to do with it.

I could not be more dissatisfied with Mod 10/10.5. It's a real shame that all that effort was put into making some quite nice looking areas (problematic visual effects like glare, camera shake and zooming aside) and then it was filled with such asinine and unrewarding activities. If you had asked me to write a list of things I DIDN'T want in new content and worked from that, we would have ended up with something very similar to what we got. And judging by what people are saying here I'm not the only one.

There is just so little to do in this game at cap apart from the gear rat race. The game provides a good levelling experience (well maybe not so much from 60-70) and then it turns into a mess. There's just not enough reward and content for people to get some variety while building up their gear and getting better at the game. The public queue system especially for harder content is full of people who shouldn't be there because their characters are too weak and they don't know how to play them, but the problem is, the game didn't prepare them properly and they don't have enough else to do.

And that is where the work should be going, fleshing out endgame activities that are fun and rewarding enough that people want to do them again and again, but implemented in a way which is far more alt-friendly. Making it easier for people to develop their alts (with BTA campaign currency etc) gives people a reason to play more, which is what you want, right?

Thanks.
  • Options
    rowdydwarfrowdydwarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    I agree. Although class balance can be rather subjective. Personally, I believe balanced parties/teams is what is more important, whether in pvp or pve.
  • Options
    What wouldve made most of us happy.. a new combat fighting system using boat warfare.

what you did.. made the same HAMSTER game on water.

WTF are you guys even doing all day long.

Re-implementing more and more grind is not what any of us are really looking for.

How are you justifying your end of week pay check?

The best you can do is fishing and hes.. good lord.