test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Storm King's Thunder: Sea of Moving Ice

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Please excuse my ignorant, I did not check that out in preview. Is OP actually nerf'ed besides the bubble? I could interpret the text in the patch note wrong. My impression is the binding oath is better, Circle of power is better. Sanctuary is better. Since the last OP nerf, the bubble is not effective for my OP to protect anyone. Hence, I have not used that for a pretty long time.

Am I wrong?

Before this nerf Binding Oath absorbed 50% of incoming damage, meaning it scaled with enemy damage and made it a viable endgame defense against bosses like Orcus. Now it only absorbs up to 50% of your HP and no longer scales with enemy damage.

Sanctuary is useless either way because it only buffs damage resistance which is capped at 80%. That's something a high-level tank can and should have anyway. Due to that it has no effect on incoming damage (except maybe in PvP) no matter how high it is.

Circle of Power also only buffs damage resistance (for tank OPs). OPs in general have too much damage resistance which is capped and no ability like the Guardian Fighter who can block 80% of damage on top of 80% damage resistance.
    Thank you for the clarification.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Guys WTF? you change bonus pet owlbear, but not fix main bug SW hellbringer Pillar of power with pet owlbear, always do stack dmg! IF FIX IT,DO IT TO THE END.

What is your problem? They stopped it from ticking, the notes are clear. It activates once per power use so pillar of power won't tick the OBCub anymore. That pet is now GARBAGE compared to a straight DMG % pet. Once again they push us all to use the same pets.
  • aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Considering all the changes to OP powers, shouldn't they give us a free respec?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    qexotic said:

@rafaelda don't forget you will also need an inventory slot for the new deep-sea fishing rod you need to do any fishing from your slow moving boat.

I was trying to forget that :s

i foresee a new bag slot coming...
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User

I thought it was a 40% dps loss with the TC "fix". Well, there goes my SW too. Damn they really pulled out the Nerfgun on us.

TC nerf & owlbear cub

qexotic said:

@rafaelda don't forget you will also need an inventory slot for the new deep-sea fishing rod you need to do any fishing from your slow moving boat.

AND bag space for the fish... 0,o

spideymt said:

tom#6998 said:

Pff atleast u dont got a 70% dps nerf like sw. The ops i run with on preview seemed to still do good atleast

Hi tom. I did read numbers beetween 40% and 70%. So what number is it excactly. Im just curious.
    It depends... the 40% is from the actual nerf. There is an additional "soft nerf" form the owlbwear cub. If yu didn't have an owlbear cub then u only lose the 40%. But many that were running with the owlbear cub for damage boost, stand to lose ~ 60%. 70% is hyperbole.

• xreinekexxreinekex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    the pala nerf really sucks, the binding oath is nearly useless, 2 hitted by orcus as a 3.7k pala tank, i'm sick of this to recreate my build cuz they nerfed an encounter power to it's uselessnes. they really force paladins to build on dmg resistances etc. the class worked just fine, the bubble nerf seems fine as well but the binding oath is a no go nerf
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Yeah and still not a single reply on the Paladin thread on preview, and burning light no long generates AP, whether this is WAI or not has yet to be addressed by any of the Devs either, as a OPP I feel we are just shouting into the wind. And they seriously don't care one way or the other....
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User

Yeah and still not a single reply on the Paladin thread on preview, and burning light no long generates AP, whether this is WAI or not has yet to be addressed by any of the Devs either, as a OPP I feel we are just shouting into the wind. And they seriously don't care one way or the other....

It is strange, but Burning light generates AP on my Devo pally.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Well, I said on the preview thread that they broke the pallys AP generation to implement these changes; seems I was right. As the majority of the changes are for prot OPs, makes sense that the bug affects them
  • daisojindaisojin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User

Trickster Rogue

Impossible to Catch: This power now triggers effects that activate on Encounter power use.

What do you mean? finally ITC is fixed?

I would like to know what this means in plain english as well.
    so far it won't let me activate ITC while using at will and it reset duelist flurry to 1st strike.

how the hell is that a fix? TR is now a cripple.
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I wonder what is going through the minds of those at Cryptic? You want to shut the game down? Just do it! Save us the time we will waste on this as you kill the game.

Or how about stop nerfing classes in a PvE based game? You want a PvP factor, then make a PvP focused Feat Paragon line. You want to make the game harder? Make harder RAIDS, don't make the classes obsolete.
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • d3sp3rod3sp3ro Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Longer playing in this production does not make sense. They spoil everything at the moment when something occurs. I am selling everything from your account at symbolic prices and farewell this game. I hope the more people repent.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    bvira said:

Please fix DC bugs:
    1. Prophecy of Doom: Does not grant AP (regardless of whether the enemy is killed or not).
    2. Prophecy of Doom: Does not instantly recharge after enemy is killed.
    3. Prophecy of Doom: Empowered version does not increase its duration.
    4. Annointed Action: Does not proc for Divine Armor, Annointed Army and Guardian of Faith.
    5. Divine Glow: Does not proc weapon enchantments.
    6. Divine Glow: Does not have any effects on self if placed too far.
    7. Repurpose Soul: Does not proc for certain skills (e.g. Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light).
    8. Repurpose Soul: 3/3 only heals for ~9% instead of 15% of the spell's damage.
    9. Hastening Light: Artifact offhand weapon bonus does not give 10% AP to allies.
    10. Warding Flare: Does not shield any damage.
    11. Bear Your Sins: Provides 10% arm pen instead of 10% damage; if arm pen cap is reached, it only increases the damage of the DoT that triggers it.
    12. Furious Intervention: Does not increase AP gain of Chain of Blazing Light.
    13. Holy Fervor: Does not increase AP gain of Chain of Blazing Light.
    14. Geas: Does not grant any AP
    15. Ancient Warding: Does not heal and grant AP after Annointed Army has ended.
    16. Light of Divinity: Put players in combat stance repeatedly.

17. Divine Glow: Divinity does not grant AP.
  • tigrosstigross Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    So my main is a TR, squish as it is now i cannot even rely on ITC to survive boss fights?
    My second is a SW oh well as the "main" ranged dps class we`re just babies running after GWFs... and new nerfs comming in...
    My third OP oh great wait, why am i playing OP again oh yeah it`s a tank, no wait it has cool tanking pet so it can survive stuff. No seriously now a tanking pet is better than my OP for the party...

Any recomendations in which class I should play for a while before you nerf it?
    Or better, which game I should go play that has DEVs that are not trying to reduce the player base.

I`ve wasted my time and money here. To get 3 of my fav toons nerfed so far I don`t even want to play them or the game anymore.

Thanks for that realy.

I`ve seem ppl leave over the last months, but you started loosing ppl as soon as the first dungeon run after this patch.

Doesn`t that ring a bell?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Indeed - RIP Oathbound Paladin. It looks like the 50 Megaton nerf warhead they hit the Prot Pallies also managed to kill the Devos with its fallout. Vow of Enmity is a critical component in Healadin builds - Its where the healing starts. You apply it and bang a way, and with Bond of Virtue active, everyone feels the love. Now its a toggle power that doesn't stick when its cast. When the mob is killed it has to be turned off, cooled down and reapplied to the next baddie. Now if this WAI, I'm not sure which of my alts I'll make as my main for fear the devs will break them too in the name of "balance". :'(
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    "•Cloaks and capes no longer seem to fly straight up in the air when viewing characters wearing them from long distances."

now i can`t see my cloak when mounted)))
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

"•Cloaks and capes no longer seem to fly straight up in the air when viewing characters wearing them from long distances."

now i can`t see my cloak when mounted)))

Well they certainly 'fixed' the 'problem' - it's no longer there. Can confirm this one.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    Seriously, this game is starting to feel like something done by a bunch of amateurs out of a garage studio and not by professionals. And I thought EA was bad, but these guys take the cake.

How do you break AP generation for half the paladin powers?

You guys broke the pallys ability to tank for the sake of your new content, making it an undesireable class. People have already posted that they cant survive more than 2 hits at Orcus, and were talking 3.7k ilvl prot paladins. You guys buff the GF and then you go and nerf again the OP. Well, good job; you made paladins irrelevant. But that was you intention all along, wasnt it...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    tigross said:

So my main is a TR, squish as it is now i cannot even rely on ITC to survive boss fights?
    My second is a SW oh well as the "main" ranged dps class we`re just babies running after GWFs... and new nerfs comming in...
    My third OP oh great wait, why am i playing OP again oh yeah it`s a tank, no wait it has cool tanking pet so it can survive stuff. No seriously now a tanking pet is better than my OP for the party...

Any recomendations in which class I should play for a while before you nerf it?
    Or better, which game I should go play that has DEVs that are not trying to reduce the player base.

I`ve wasted my time and money here. To get 3 of my fav toons nerfed so far I don`t even want to play them or the game anymore.

Thanks for that realy.

I`ve seem ppl leave over the last months, but you started loosing ppl as soon as the first dungeon run after this patch.

Doesn`t that ring a bell?

GF, GWF, CW, Hunter sounds bad in your case :(
    My main is a Warlock and it looks like I need to strip him completely and swap stones to my GF or GWF.

The thing that annoys me most is the fact that I have to run all those stupid grind with the next class, missing WoD last 2 boons, Maze engine 70%, and the hole new content same as that char misses correct setup, companions, build, insignia, mounts, equip etc., near everything sitting with elven assault gear and praying for the last year... :(
    Next mod they gonna nerf the GWF and I can switch to the next. Destroying every effort you spend into a char with one patch and think you will get along with it ?
    It´s like selling a car in a building kit and after the customer studied , lackered and assebeled everything for hours and hours, he is getting informed that this car can´t drive because there is no compatible set of wheel atm.

Did anyone check the performance of an OP with 95% DR so far?
    DR soft cap is 80%. Anything beyond that is only useful for pvp
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2016

DR soft cap is 80%. Anything beyond that is only useful for pvp

that softcap you talk of is pretty hard in almsot every case, mobs, soloplay etc., 20% effectiveness effectiveness from mobs attacking you. Everfrost has it´s own layer right.
    ...but a lot of bosses do have arp or mitigate your DR like thefabricant investigated (lostmauth 35% , otherones 15%), pretty sure Orcus is one of them too. At 80% DR you get reduced to 65%, wich can be very painfull and do the difference between a good tank and a dead tank. A 500k hit postmitigation will be 175k that way instead of 100k-> big difference

Threat is some days old in Barracks
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12904058

and that´s what is said by thefabricant in the older threat 03/16
    I am too lazy to do testruns, but maybe someone will.

"ACT.
    1st boss in elol: 5% resistance ignored.
    Scorps in elol: No resistance ignored at all
    Lostmauth: 35% resistance ignored (93.5% effectiveness on ACT)

Random adds in eToS: 5% resistance ignored (63% effectiveness on ACT)
    1st boss: 15% resistance ignored
    2nd boss: 15% resistance ignored
    Phase spider: 15% resistance ignored
    Last boss: As far as I can tell, this boss has no resistance ignored. "
    Yeah just saw this in another thread. Then its better to get 95% DR. But with the way it works for OP, there's no point in stacking defense past 50% passive DR since you can make the difference with absolution, CoP and Sanctuary. For a pally (those that are not jumping ship), investing in HP is gonna be better now
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    they need nerf war, in the office.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Guys WTF? you change bonus pet owlbear, but not fix main bug SW hellbringer Pillar of power with pet owlbear, always do stack dmg! IF FIX IT,DO IT TO THE END.

What is your problem? They stopped it from ticking, the notes are clear. It activates once per power use so pillar of power won't tick the OBCub anymore. That pet is now GARBAGE compared to a straight DMG % pet. Once again they push us all to use the same pets.
    Actually, that was a complaint about the fix not being applied to all powers, so it's being viewed as unfair.

Missed powers are accidental though, not intended.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.