test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Botting duo's in epic dungeons...

aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
edited November 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Something has really gotta be done about bot sets in dungeons. I am talking about where you see a blatant bot (that randomly runs around, and can't even open doors for themselves) and group votes get sent out to auto decline. It's obvious that a group of 2 people can queue up together and prevent one another from being kicked from the group, essentially tying up the 5 man dungeon and pretty much holding it hostage until someone comes along and rings it.

I am really let down at a GM response I received that simply says, "why not put the person on ignore" This is a really unacceptable response as 1) it doesn't prevent the botting and 2) it doesn't even resolve the issue.

I recently started seeing this a couple weeks ago and today came across 3 different dungeons back to back with the same thing in them. They are literally making dungeons unplayable unless you are a ringer (and that is their hope that a ringer comes and gets them 4x+ chests). At least with gateway bots, it wasn't impacting real game play, something needs to be done.

At least if they made it majority vote, you would need 3 yes votes to over-ride that 1 no vote, but right now a single no keeps the person in the group. At that point if they run a tripple bot, it will be much more easier for gm's to spot and remove 3 accounts at the same time.

*Edited Title to reflect this is an issue of 2x bots pairing up in epic dungeons*
Post edited by aradyn#0871 on

Comments

• aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I hate to say it, especially because it isn't easy to find enough people to run dungeons, but it might be best to contact the other two people in the dungeon that aren't 'bot related' and drop the dungeon, re-party with those two and find another two players using chat. It wastes a bit of time, but maybe not as much time as hitting a section of the dungeon that the bots don't help and you wipe repeatedly.

Maybe someone has a better solution.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    aslan3775 said:

I hate to say it, especially because it isn't easy to find enough people to run dungeons, but it might be best to contact the other two people in the dungeon that aren't 'bot related' and drop the dungeon, re-party with those two and find another two players using chat. It wastes a bit of time, but maybe not as much time as hitting a section of the dungeon that the bots don't help and you wipe repeatedly.

Maybe someone has a better solution.

Maybe a report option for botting that actually results in bots being banned.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    ha.. because there are 50 jerks for every 1 non jerk in the game.. thats why, someone doesnt like your DPS.. bam.. bot vote.
    Someone doesn't like you won a role on a mount insignia.. bam your a bot.

Someone doesnt like what you posted on a forum.. lets look him up in the game.. bam your a bot.

So yes, that will never work.

Also, even though I can believe there are bots in 3 man stuff, Ive never seen it in regular queue options for things like elol.

So I dont quite understand, you are stating you entered a random t1 dungeon and there were 2 bots there?
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

ha.. because there are 50 jerks for every 1 non jerk in the game.. thats why, someone doesnt like your DPS.. bam.. bot vote.
    Someone doesn't like you won a role on a mount insignia.. bam your a bot.

Someone doesnt like what you posted on a forum.. lets look him up in the game.. bam your a bot.

So yes, that will never work.

Also, even though I can believe there are bots in 3 man stuff, Ive never seen it in regular queue options for things like elol.

So I dont quite understand, you are stating you entered a random t1 dungeon and there were 2 bots there?

What you mention are easily measurable variables, and can be avoided as false positives.
    Whereas a bot's behaviour can be easily pinpointed, walking paths, spells used, queue behavior etc etc, numbers of interactions.
    If such variables are taken into account you can easily weed out the bots.

Remember when ppl used to leave RP farm bots in Icepire ? you could easilly tell and report a person sitting at the same place for hours, facing a wall, autocasting the same rotation of spells...is a bot.

So don't be so absolute "that will never work" and do try to chip in with ideas that might work under this (or any other suggested) model.
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    For those mentioning 3 man and leveling dungeons, these are not what I am referring to. I am referring to 5 man like elol.

@Silverkelt while I agree it wasn't common to see bot duo's in these dungeon's in the past, I have just recently started seeing it a couple weeks ago and it is getting overly common in the past couple weeks. Possibly because of cryptic blocking out their farming means in 3 man dungeons and removing their farming means in the gateway (which I agree is an improvement), just unfortunate, they are moving to epic dungeons.

What I am proposing is not bans, but simply a majority group vote to remove them from epic dungeons. 3 to 1 vote should not mean the bot gets to stick around, instead majority should mean bot goes.

As far as people using this vote to remove "bad dps" or "bad tanks" from the group, this already happens, because usually bad dps/bad tanks don't have a bot in the group that can always vote no when the vote comes up. Unfortunately when there are 2x bots in the same group, you can't vote them out, because you vote for 1, the other votes no...so you vote for that one, and its opposite votes no. Essentially, they cannot be removed. People leave the group, and it just leaves the issue for the next 3 people that join the group. To make matters worse, on one occasion, I left the group only to pop into another instance where the same exact scenario had happened.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Not just dungeons but low lvl pvp is also heavily infested with bots as well.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I made a cleric, hum....3 weeks ago i think, it was pvp intended to lvl 60-69, but i decided to give pvp a try sooner, i was expecting the queue to take ages, but no in fact it was tremendously fast but it was like this: (not my video)

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Video is hilarious, but the player's lack of understanding of how scripting or chat works is sad. Or how Arc/NW automatically adds the #1234 to all new accounts since some time ago.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I'm fairly sure the OP is running leveling dungeons for AD.

They have landed in eToS. I saw one the other day. They can't contribute much and depend on others to carry them.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    We should have a bot reporting system, and those who would abuse it by reporting non bits should face a severe penalty as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I agree with @silverkelt an auto bot banning system made by the same people who made this game is a bad idea. Maybe we should have witch trials too?

Honestly I don't mind the bots in the dungeons, as long as they don't get stuck, fall into spike pits, etc.. If you botters are busy making scripts, at least make the work correctly! :cry:

Thanks.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Magenubbie - I think they have gone to epic dungeons because of crack downs happening in the 3 man temple of spider. It looks suspicious when the same 3x accounts run 100x regular temple of spiders back to back same time everyday =p

Also, see my comment about the reporting system. GM response was, "just place the bot on ignore." They are so out of touch with the game, that their bot checking method is just to see if the bots are spamming. Their response didn't even come close to resolving bots in dungeons lol.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Please expand the "Spoiler" on the "[Hot Topic] I found a "Bot" player or players! How do I report them?" notation in the stickies Rules & Policies and Guidelines. Closing this up as the forum is not appropriate to report or discuss ToS/EULA Violations, as the sticky and Rules state.
This discussion has been closed.