What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Huge nerf upcoming mod 10.5 Tyrannical Curse turns into Hamster Curse

2»

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

WoD was a local problem, 1/4 less damage from all sources, wich led to those strange 3/4 CD damage only in WoD, maybe somewhere else.

It's unmitigatable damage reduction based on level differential, so you'll see it anywhere that enemies are level 73+ (which includes the Sea of Moving Ice).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @schietindebux I'll check soon on this. I only glanced at the PvP log since mod 10 dropped and noticed the Creeping Death log entry does not contain buff/debuff values.

Its like this:

Your Encounter deals 1000 (2000) damage to Enemy.

Your Creeping Death Deals 150 damage to enemy.

Your Creeping Death Deals 150 damage to enemy

Creeping Death is 60% of post mitigated damage value, divided by four equal ticks. Therefore, if your initial hit of an at-will for instance is very low due to mitigation, each Creeping Death tick would represent just 15% of that initial low damage value.
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I was the one who recommended it be piercing as it was my understanding it was being mitigated twice at the time--mitigation applied to the main attack and a second time against creeping death. @amenar stated this wasnt happening, but I am not thoroughly convinced.

Creeping Death itself is definitely being mitigated in PvP, whether it is supposed to or not. Tried it against HRs and TRs, making me wonder if it is tenacity or deflect that is further affecting it.

Ill need to head to IWD to find out. :)
  • Options
    daccura#4102 daccura Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    At this point I just wanna do a class transfer option. Seriously after spending money and more important so much time to a class and getting 2 big nerfs without a compensate for that is just too much. I am a dps player, yes I love to see me as top paingiver (I know this is stupid but hey I just like it) - what should I do with a class that doesn't provide top dps anymore? Switching to another class until they 'balance' the SW? Yes I think I'm gonna do this... but cryptic don't expect that I dump more money in this game. And btw I am a PS4 player - The most used classes for dps here are SWs and then GWFs. I think if mod 10.5 hits us this hard then many SWs will stop playing this class or even quit the game. This is really a sad foresight but I think it will happen...