test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Huge nerf upcoming mod 10.5 Tyrannical Curse turns into Hamster Curse

schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
Patch Notes on preview 29.October:
"Scourge Warlock: Tyrannical Curse: The damage-increasing effect of this power no longer incorrectly scales with the player's power.
The effect now consistently increases the damage affected enemies take by 20%, as indicated in the daily power."

Some will call it a fix, I call it the last nail into the coffin of this class.
Since now Warlocks could stand against GWF, CW and Hunter running dungeons, the class was "in line" with some gear doing FBI, some GWF and CW´s beat you, some lost.

This little change will result in a very, very big effect on the hole class. Effectiveness will fall from 230% + average to 130% average solo, in a group it will get worse I assume, this is a > 100% damagedrop, every CW, GWF and Hunter will beat you with ease.
Spikes in effectiveness like 400% are done, 150% is the best you can get solo. The hole class will be from minor interest in former mods, if nothing is done to compansate this. I advice everyone to look for alternative classes in mod 10.5 .

Comments

• mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • If they're so damn determined to wipe out TC they better give us more buffs to make up for this..
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    A sad day for Apophis...
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • thevaliant#9250 thevaliant Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    My paladin and my sw are both suffering greatly thanks to the wonderful new content mods. My support of the game is being challenged.
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The nice thing is. I used to cast TC before everything, so I was not getting the extra "bonus". I had a hard time to be comparable with SOME HRs and CWs (who I consider good players). GWFs? Double, triple my damage. And guess what? They are working as intended according to cryptic. Yes, intended to deal DOUBLE damage of another class. I see GWfs dealing double damage of a CW, HR. I'm not talking about a good player vs. a bad player. I'm talking about both good players.
    After I realized this "thing" about TC, I outdps the others. Ok. But I don't want to outdps others, in my opinion all classes should have the SAME dps.
    And guess what? Now I can be EQUAL or CLOSE TO EQUAL to gwfs, and yes, with a bug on TC. Now, after nov 8th GWFs are just going to do double my damage and they are not using a bug, they are working as intended. That's what they call balance?

I know TC is not working as intended, but, if they are fixing it, why don't they make a balance for our class?
    I have a gwf friend with more than 1k less gearscore than I have. His indomitable strike hits (he has only r9 bondings) for around 250k on a dummy.
    Nice, under 3.7 GS with all MY possible buffs (excluding power boon) my killing flames now hits for 250k on preview (mob at full health)
    Woot, nice!
    Post edited by kallephi#0836 on
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • jenax002#5227 jenax002 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    This is a unfortunate day for us. We came, we adapted to the changes of mod 10 and now they are still nerfing us in the sake of CLASS BALANCE while a Gaurdian Fighter doing DPS and tanking at the same time is totally acceptable for a tank class. GWFs are on a whole another level, mindless swinging of sword, no class mechanics, just go unstoppable and swing while throwing some daggers.

Cryptic developers have already said in a previous forum that they are not buffing anything else for this change that they are making. So, pretty much we are done until they do a so called class balance for GWFs. Actually we are done HRs will be beating us anyways. we will just be like Trickster Rogues, unwanted and undesirable.
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1224701/sw-nerfed-again post there, we have like 7 days but maybe... maybe so any dev would be so kind to actually check feedback forum ;)
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Now the owlbear is fixed to not proc with PoP? Is it true SW is unaffected or is that just wrong? If so, thats like 70-80% damage reduction if you combine owlbear with TC nerf.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I used to defend them (cringe) but it is just painfully clear that have no idea what they are doing over there. I've never played a game where the devs \ managers were so willfully disconnected from the product they produce or the players that play it. It's just incredible...
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I remember the overall damage for TT was nerfed 50% from mod 5 to mod 6. From mod 9 to 10, they nerfed it even further in the sense that it can be cast on only one target.

Having TC scale with power is the only attribute (other than Owlbear) that keeps this class remotely competitive.

SW group content DPS is getting destroyed by these changes to TC
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    For me, I need to resist the ever present desire to be overly critical of Cryptic just for the sake of. To snipe everything they do or say with some 'Capitalistic pigs!' rhetoric. That said, any motivation to keep calm, to try to see the long game, is shattered by their shots from the hip - their 'let's see if this sticks to the wall' approach to management. They do nothing to dispel the growing belief that it is a rudderless ship. I cant dismiss the thought that leadership is driving to work, every day, with a looped recording of, 'I have no idea'.

There is no shame in being over matched if there is an earnest desire to get better - to get in the trenches and play the game you manage. There is, however, some culpability for willful ignorance ('its a bug') and laziness (they dont play the classes they try to 'balance'). Without that, it's all lip service.

It's no small task managing an MMO long term; not many have succeeded past a few years. IMHO, they just need to sell the IP to someone who has the talent, will, and dedication to continue the journey.

Post edited by stpensive on
    edited November 2016
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

Having TC scale with power is the only attribute (other than Owlbear) that keeps this class remotely competitive.

Exactly!

• jenax002#5227 jenax002 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yup. They don't even test their own code. They do not compare the consequences of the changes that they are making to other classes in live server. They should have rather combined all the class balances for all characters and released it as one single package. Putting it out there bit by bit is not helping their player base. People will get frustrated and leave the game by the time they fix another class.

What kind of class balance is this if only one class stands out of the bunch and every other class is just a mere illusion. We should just all stop playing this game and putting money into this game. I cannot believe i spend more than thousand dollars on a single character. Had i known that this game is all about one class, i would have stopped playing on day one.

And there is no one replying from the development side or the community manager. It seems like they don't care how much time, effort and money you have put into your character. I have started to understand their business strategy too. Now, that they have made every other DPS class obsolete, they expect everyone to build a GWF and put some more money into the game. When enough money is made, they will do another class balance. Good business strategy but i am not falling for this HAMSTER. I guess i am done with this game.

PSN ID - Jenax002
    Character Name - King Arthur
  • nubmaker#5754 nubmaker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Its not that bad, i am ok with the changes, tt nerf, it was a nerf regardless of what they say, might be a bit much tho...
  • duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User

Its not that bad, i am ok with the changes, tt nerf, it was a nerf regardless of what they say, might be a bit much tho...

Go fight a bear being naked and come back to to say it's not that bad.

Anyway Cryptic Dev's are in their own world (got same feed back from players of other of their games).
    Only way to make them come back in reality is through force --> Money strike, start with one month without income. No effect ? Then 2 more month. Still no effect ? Then each time another semestrial income lost. --> With that I seriously think there will be a fix of all major and medium problems in less than 6 months.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I also think fixes are necessary, but I don´t think they should lead to +/- 50% damagedrop without any comment or idea to prevent a class from being unplayable. A striker without dps is not welcome in most parties and I only can ignore those player who want to tell me things like "damage is not everything" or groupplay is more important.
    In case cryptic decides tomorrow that GF´s shield is from minor inetrest you can tell that class : "Tanking is not everthing and dying belongs to the game" :)
    It´s not wise to break a class and analyse afterwards the consequences.
    When amenar did his rework it was obviously not finished (after >2 years of promises). Right from the start TC was bugged like tons of other stuff.
    If they want to keep their community healthy cryptic should rethink some strategies I am sure.
  • nubmaker#5754 nubmaker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Who fights bears naked?? Tt nerf is the onky thing that severely effects players that were not using buggy stuff. They just need to add back the ability to curse multiple targets, and all woukd be good.
  • duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User

Who fights bears naked?? Tt nerf is the onky thing that severely effects players that were not using buggy stuff. They just need to add back the ability to curse multiple targets, and all woukd be good.

TT/TC is said to be main damage/efficiency for BiS players.
    If you nerf TT/TC hard without increasing other damages sources then BiS will trash SW and go for other classes.
    Without fame bought by BiS, then SW will decline and no rework will be done. --> Go fight bears naked.

Only will remain SW Templock cuz it's not a dps but a healer/buffer+some dps.
    But not for much time cuz dev's mentionned a "rework of temptation" that need "more love" ...

I'm scared cuz they trashed the dps SW when there where still some BiS/fame, then what will became of templock without anyone ? Worst parangon of the game as it was after mod6 ?

At least I could ask for a color change of the ugly green smoke of SW powers to a purple/pink/red one dedicated to Temptation, useless but so cool B) !
  • djmackendjmacken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    @asterdahl
    @terramak

Any updates on all of the comments from the players on this change? I really hope this isn't going live as is or you will disengage a lot of your paying customers.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    Let's try to focus the devs attention on one thread. There's a 4 page posting on this already up and running.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1224701/sw-nerfed-again/p1

I've put in a separate request to make an official feedback thread - still waiting for that to happen.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    djmacken said:

@asterdahl
    @terramak

Any updates on all of the comments from the players on this change? I really hope this isn't going live as is or you will disengage a lot of your paying customers.

Yeah, good try. They won't respond in about 9 weeks :(

Let me predict the future and foretell any dev comment on SW situation:

We are aware that this fix might address SW capabilites as damage dealers but we have to do this. We will furter investigate SW situation, analyze how're they doing and balance it in future. We can't do this now because (some naughty excuse that will sound bad) but we are not done with SW rebalance yet. Cheers, Dev.

See ya in Mod13 fellow warlocks!
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I've been spamming other dailies. Knew they could never get TT to be a normal functioning daily.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    yeah problem is all other dailies suck.
    edited November 2016
    Except Immolation spirits in SB paragon.
    In case this nerf will come SB is the go for I am sure.
    Anyway, warlock will suck as a striker and I gonna switch to my alts.
    Atm I can stand against CW´s, GWF and Hunter most times, in mod 10.5 I am not sure if this class will be needed at all.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User

Except Immolation spirits in SB paragon.
    In case this nerf will come SB is the go for I am sure.
    Anyway, warlock will suck as a striker and I gonna switch to my alts.
    Atm I can stand against CW´s, GWF and Hunter most times, in mod 10.5 I am not sure if this class will be needed at all.

For SW's - Mod 10.5 is the new Mod 6

Another class death knell module.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @etelgrin I think the issue with Creeping Death being mitigated twice was debunked by @amenar is the SW class balance changes thread. It was a mixup with having tested Creeping Death in Well of Dragons where enemies have 25% additional damage mitigation (damage * (1 - 0.25)).

I'll have to check the log again in PvP, but I do not remember seeing Creeping Death itself being affected by buffs or debuffs as it pulls straight from then source (post buff and debuff) damage dealt.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    @asterdahl so u just gonna leave us like that? If so thats sad :(
    fernuu said:

djmacken said:

@asterdahl
    @terramak

Yeah, good try. They won't respond in about 9 weeks :(

Let me predict the future and foretell any dev comment on SW situation:

We are aware that this fix might address SW capabilites as damage dealers but we have to do this. We will furter investigate SW situation, analyze how're they doing and balance it in future. We can't do this now because (some naughty excuse that will sound bad) but we are not done with SW rebalance yet. Cheers, Dev.

See ya in Mod13 fellow warlocks!
    Or like they repplied to one topic I can't recall at the moment We are aware of this situation but we had to do it. We will keep investigating SW changes and will work on the class in the NEXT PATCHES
    edited November 2016
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@etelgrin I think the issue with Creeping Death being mitigated twice was debunked by @amenar is the SW class balance changes thread. It was a mixup with having tested Creeping Death in Well of Dragons where enemies have 25% additional damage mitigation (damage * (1 - 0.25)).

I'll have to check the log again in PvP, but I do not remember seeing Creeping Death itself being affected by buffs or debuffs as it pulls straight from then source (post buff and debuff) damage dealt.

WoD was a local problem, 1/4 less damage from all sources, wich led to those strange 3/4 CD damage only in WoD, maybe somewhere else.
    I think, what etelgrin said points at the fact that CD is deminisehd by tenacity. In case you deal damage to a target with 30%DR and 70% tenacity, the damage (let´s say 2000) postmitigation is not followed by a 60% DOT (1200), because CD gets punished by tenacity again, leeding to fantastic procs like: [ Your Creeping Death dealt 7 damage to KillerShadow ] ... :)
    (the name could be replaced with any name, like HamsterGWF)