test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Long past due on double AD event on PC

lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
Just like the title says, we were told removing AD from leadership would lead to other ways implemented to get AD. One of these mentioned was double AD. While it should have came prior to the 33% nerf of salvage, it is long past due now. Is there an eta on when we can expect one? 2016 or 2017?
"we all love this game and want it to thrive"

Comments

• Options
    edric#5139 edric Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Double AD seems unlikely as long as the AD:Zen exchange ratio is 500:1.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    There's far too much AD in the PC economy as it is. All such would do is add to the inflation. If you think that by having a double AD event, you'd be able to afford things on the AH, then you'd soon find out that those prices will in turn go up and we'd be right back here with folks asking for more AD in the game. People asked for the RAD Refinement Cap to be increased, and it is was, and look how that helped. It only made things worse. AD needs to be taken out of the PC economy, not added.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You should change your sig to "the second of", as they did hold one almost immediately after the announcement that AD was to be removed from Leadership.

Still, there is less and less reason to not hold one as a sign of good faith, despite the stupid exchange rate. No 2-minute Blacklake skirmish farms. No Leadership or invoke ADs. Most people blew their salvage hoard prior to the nerf on blue items. There's not exactly a whole lot left aside from "rewarding gameplay".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    They probably should have done a double-AD soon after mod 10 dropped, before the players have significant bonus-AD built up on alts. Then they can say they've done it and not have to do it again. Now, by the time they do it, if they keep their word, people will have 100K bonus AD on their alts, and the event will end up being triple-AD
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

They probably should have done a double-AD soon after mod 10 dropped, before the players have significant bonus-AD built up on alts. Then they can say they've done it and not have to do it again. Now, by the time they do it, if they keep their word, people will have 100K bonus AD on their alts, and the event will end up being triple-AD

I fully expected this to happen with salvage nerf + no bonus pool on launch and was very surprised when it didn't.

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited September 2016

You should change your sig to "the second of", as they did hold one almost immediately after the announcement that AD was to be removed from Leadership.

Nu-uh. They cancelled it a few hours before it was supposed to take place. It was announced, but never actually happened.
    No, Becky is correct. After they announced the changes, we had a 2xAD in September 2015 (Yes, a year ago). The 2nd 2xAD after announcing the AD changes in Leadership was slotted for Christmas. This was the one that got pulled (and we are STILL waiting for it).

Edit and Update:
    The 2xAD that DID go ahead after the changes was 28th Aug-31st Aug (so we are over a year now). News Blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9524733-double-ad-weekend-for-community-goals!
    (Interesting to note - this was due to us reaching our community goal, I think for retweets or Youtube views? Is this even technically one of the 'promised' 2xAD weekends?)

The one that was pulled was just after Christmas - originally meant to be 27th Dec - 30th Dec. Mentioned in this thread about Christmas rewards: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1209654/winter-events-schedule-gifts-and-2x/p1
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I agree with Zeb that we have to much AD floating around as it is.
    What they could do for players is the opposite of the 2xAD event, which is a "50% off everything AD" event.
    I am not only talking about the wondrous bazaar, but all things where AD are actually taken out of the system (companion upgrades, retraining etc.)
    This has for players the same effect as a double AD weekend but does not drive prices up.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    ...and would remove much of the AD.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016

What they could do for players is the opposite of the 2xAD event, which is a "50% off everything AD" event.
    I am not only talking about the wondrous bazaar, but all things where AD are actually taken out of the system (companion upgrades, retraining etc.)
    This has for players the same effect as a double AD weekend but does not drive prices up.

Indeed, this is the sort of thing we need instead of double events. We need actual sinks (not AH) to have repeated sales on them, where AD is actually removed from the game.

• Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

I could live with that. But include a wondrous bazaar discount for those of us who don't really have AD sinks left.

• Options

The 2xAD that DID go ahead after the changes was 28th Aug-31st Aug (so we are over a year now). News Blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9524733-double-ad-weekend-for-community-goals!
    (Interesting to note - this was due to us reaching our community goal, I think for retweets or Youtube views? Is this even technically one of the 'promised' 2xAD weekends?)

Good catch @confusedpoof . I had totally forgotten it was a community reward and not a sop to us over the Leadership change.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2016

I could live with that. But include a wondrous bazaar discount for those of us who don't really have AD sinks left.

WB discount is a nice event, and was even better with the Jubilee coupons adding to it. That wrestled quite a lot of AD away from my account, and enabled much enchant upgrading down the road.

But most of the existing sinks are still firmly in the "too expensive" box for me. I have no qualms about doing appearance changes on my gear with the 5k price tag (even though I think the cosmetic items from the Maze Engine store all need to be free appearance changes because of the grind involved in obtaining them; throw us a frickin' bone). Companion upgrades... no. I'll use the dribble of tokens from boxes I was going to open anyway, but the AD costs? No. Just no.

Cubes of Augmentation are another one where the WB discount makes it slightly more palatable, but I despise the underlying mechanic. Being forced to pay through the nose due to bad luck absolutely stinks. Losing your good unlocks because you got a weapons upgrade absolutely stinks. The whole thing was designed to bleed us of AD, and has never been adjusted.

Edit: repetitive

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Didn't Strumslinger once say the Gateway won't go anywhere? Don't trust corporate HAMSTERS. I would assume double ADs was indeed what they had planned, but they realized it can't happen because "economy".

Also don't trust the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> filter. HAMSTERS should look like this.​​
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    zebular said:

There's far too much AD in the PC economy as it is. All such would do is add to the inflation. If you think that by having a double AD event, you'd be able to afford things on the AH, then you'd soon find out that those prices will in turn go up and we'd be right back here with folks asking for more AD in the game. People asked for the RAD Refinement Cap to be increased, and it is was, and look how that helped. It only made things worse. AD needs to be taken out of the PC economy, not added.

with the devs taking out most ways to create AD outa thin air this is less of an issue. Plus there are plenty of newer players that could use this. RAD refinement cap did not increase prices if that is what you are implying. I would like another site for proof but we all know how that will end
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Do you really think they held x2 AD before to balance the economy because there was not enough in circulation like some kind of NWO-Federal reserve? Think about it..there was always too much AD before.

x2 AD is PR.
  • Options
    deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I try not to spend my AD on companions upgrades, like someone said I use the ever dwindling tokens i get to do this mainly it is ridiculously to expensive to upgrade a white companion to purple. I did spend my money to get vip so i can gamble daily but as it is now with how things are looking I am refraining from my previous zen purchases with my money as I am seeing a repeat in Neverwinter what I sadly witnessed in another DnD online game that I loved. Yes the prices in game are overboard and now with gateway closing down and even in past being told that this would not happen we are now harassed even more with spammers in game wanting to sell it or what not i tend to report them if they mail me in game and block in chat. Currently I am not aware of a block cap but hope that I do not ever reach it as in Protectors enclave all one has to do is pay attention to General chat for 30 minutes and you will count at least 20 different people spamming sites to sell and buy ad and packs
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well it might not be a 2x AD event but this coming weekend works out nearly as well: 2x seals and 50% discount of stuff costing seals. We defs want to see more of these in the future.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    rannositarannosita Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'd like to be able to buy some services with AD. Maybe a couple upgrades for bank slots etc. can be bought with AD and then you have to go to Zen?

I played Star Trek for years and I think the free zen per month for subscribers/lifetime holders really helped keep some of the exchange flowing. The AD equivalent there was easy to get and there was always zen to buy and stuff to spend it on. I started playing Neverwinter a couple months ago and I have yet to buy anything with Zen (aside from some character slots on a sale to play around and figure which ones I like) because I can't get zen with my AD...so I'm wondering what's the point of grinding AD as I don't have much I really want to spend it on yet (with 8 level 60+ characters, still playing around figuring out which classes I like).
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    rannosita said:

free zen per month for subscribers

we basically have about 3500 free ZEN per month, but Cryptic decides that we spend this ZEN on keys.
    For 1 month of VIP you can get at least up to 28 keys per month, which has a value of 3500 ZEN.
    The problem is that you agreed that this ZEN is spent on Enchanted Keys.

• Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I rather have green and blue resonant stones added to mob loot drops other than junks and enchants.

No. Don't say something like "Bro, get a Wanderer's Fortune, Dragon Hoard blah blah blah". The loot drops I get from those are no greater than Peridots.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I rather have green and blue resonant stones added to mob loot drops other than junks and enchants.

No. Don't say something like "Bro, get a Wanderer's Fortune, Dragon Hoard blah blah blah". The loot drops I get from those are no greater than Peridots.

I agree with the res stone drop suggestion. As for Wanderer's Fortune however, last night alone on my HR running several EToS, my WF dropped one black opal, several sapphires, a few lesser res stones and a bunch of artifact stones. Perhaps you need to run several dungeons to see how WF is working for you?

As for the OP, probably not gonna happen. If the ZAX stays at 500:1, it's right where Cryptic wants it to be.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    we are getting one
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    November 24th - double rough AD, as per the calender.
    Probably subject to change as most calender events are, but lets see what happens. It coincides with black friday so hopefully it stays put.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Looking at that planned event, and seeing the amount of events planned for that date, I assume someone added it, and a couple others by mistake.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options

Looking at that planned event, and seeing the amount of events planned for that date, I assume someone added it, and a couple others by mistake.

This would so much be in line with this company!
    Like the accidental Gateway restart after the initial unannounced take-down.

• Options

Nah, it's just Yanksgiving. They run a big event extravaganza bonanza for the American holiday, though it still doesn't mean exactly what's on the calendar is set in stone.

Neverwinter Census 2017