test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seen the new Censorship on the Forum?

drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
edited September 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Have you all seen the new replacement for swear words on the forum?

HAMSTER
HAMSTER
HAMSTER
HAMSTER

Just a few words.

I can have fun with this... WOO HOOO...
ez0sf4K.png
Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
SYNERGY Alliance

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Wait, it's automatic ? And I was having fun writing kittens.

Testing:
    HAMSTER, HAMSTER, idiot, hack, dumb, stupid.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Yea, its automatic and slightly stupid. Someone asked a question about devils, and I don't think they took me serious when I said they come from the 9 KITTENS

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Yea, its automatic and slightly stupid. Someone asked a question about devils, and I don't think they took me serious when I said they come from the 9 KITTENS

pff, it's awesome.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I like the slightly stupid part. I kind of wish they would highlight it mod orange to make it clear that it's a replacement/censorship. Or create a new color for auto-mod.

They did appear to remove "hack" and "hacked" and "haxxorz" from the filter though. About time.

Who knows, maybe all of those resources freed up since the death of the Gateway are hard at work improving the forum experience by updating the profanity filter. Seems like an appropriate tradeoff...

EDIT: LOL so "hack" works but the adjective form does not. Clever.
    EDIT2: "hacked" works now. I guess they were rolling out changes as I was posting updates.
    EDIT3: nope, I was wrong. I think you need to refresh the page to see whether the forum has censored your post. After editing, it uncensors your post, but only until the next time you visit the page... So we're back to my original observation :)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yeah, the puritanical filter has been customized so it now KITTENs words instead of ****ing them. It still needs work, I think. You can't even link to the Scourge Warlock class forums because the forum doesn't want you saying H E double hockeysticks.

Inserting your own kittens when you just can't think of a better word still works though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    $*!#, &%!#*, (I'm channeling Sunday comic strips...)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    I love kittens. Kittens make me smile. I love to pet kittens too. I wish I had a kitten.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I KITTEN love kittens too. ;)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Believe it or not, this isn't the first forum to use an enforced kitten filter. The idea comes from Arenanet.

Shh, though...we'll let @kreatyve have the credit :D
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    The internet is powered by cats, so this is obviously the next logical step.

I for one welcome our new feline overlords.

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    LMFAO, in a library...

I actually thought people were typing the word 'KITTEN' :D

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :)
    FrozenFire
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I find it interesting though that some still try to create a good
    word censor and all they end up doing is forcing people to create
    new words to bypass it. And The most amusing part of it is "most"
    words that aren't bad get censored. Always the same no matter where i
    go. Very sad.
    Post edited by artanisen on
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    artanisen said:

go. Very sad.

You are free to contact @StrumSlinger about words you do not feel meet the criteria to be censored (On the forums only, as he has no powers for in-game).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Well KITTENS XD.
    Though I have to say as profanity filters go this is one of the more amusing ones.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • milkyguymilkyguy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hello you HAMSTER
    Holy HAMSTER it works o.o
    kalindra said:

artanisen said:

go. Very sad.

Especially since they have so many fires to quench, bugs to fix, design failures to improve, missing dungeons to reintroduce and real spam to filter....

Totally different people handling totally different things.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    I wonder, are there kittens anywhere in the Nine Hells and if so, we need to get them out right HAMSTER now! On a side note, h e l l s should not be censored! hell Hell HELL hells Hells HELLS
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    What about hellhounds?
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    It is actually kinda hard not to laugh when reading the posts.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Yeah, the puritanical filter has been customized so it now KITTENs words instead of ****ing them. It still needs work, I think. You can't even link to the Scourge Warlock class forums because the forum doesn't want you saying H E double hockeysticks.

Inserting your own kittens when you just can't think of a better word still works though.

It shows you, how insane all of this political correctness bovine manure has become. Do we really have to protect grownups from "bad words"? Really? Is that how mature PWE thinks its customers are?

That filter, especially with the lexicon sized words list it is supposed to filter, is outight insulting! And that's why I say: "KITTENS the Filter!"
    Post edited by zebular on
    edited September 2016

It shows you, how insane all of this political correctness bovine manure has become. Do we really have to protect grownups from "bad words"? Really? Is that how mature PWE thinks its customers are?

That filter, especially with the lexicon sized words list it is supposed to filter, is outight insulting! And that's why I say: "KITTENS the Filter!"
    The PWE Forums are available for anyone to view, not just customers and not just adults. If you don't believe me, then click your name up top and log out then look at the forums. So, as such a publicly viewable service, content posted here-in must remain applicable to all audiences, not just those who use explicit language. If you want to circumvent the filter or use foul language, please do so elsewhere.

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Brainstorming a Foundry quest to rescue a crazy cat lady and her 9 kittens from crazed Ashmadai Cultists bent on their sacrifice to placate their master in the Nine Hells...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    DJ Shadow visits NWO:

"Picture this... I'm a bag of KITTENS. Put me to your lips.

I am sick. I will punch a baby bear in his KITTENS...

... Pinch your momma on the KITTENS, kick your dog, KITTENS your KITTENS."

I think this filter has some skills.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    See what I started...

HAMSTER KITTENS
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    So if someone asks me to eat his KITTEN and I was offended he was actually not talking about a feline?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    ugh! i am allergic to cats.

why not use PANCAKES instead of kittens, make others think of food
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Oh.. cute HAMSTER.