test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Solo Queue Event

Comments

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    They try to revamp PVP, and on top PVP armor is not gated behind a silly Stronhold map (RIP).
    You did the right decisions so far cryptic.
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    so - much - more - FUN!!!!!!
    hope it stays!
    :)
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    OK, feedback time.

Overall this is pretty much as I expected a better pvp experience. That being said Im noticing a pattern. Most matches I was in were full (8/10 or 9/10) of top pvp players which is fine as long as they are split evenly right. Right, but there is something else, there were more than 1 games with enemy teams consisting entirely of EoA players for example and not just any EoA players but players who also premade together regularly. I dont know what that is, either cryptic uses a HAMSTER algorithm to match players in the solo queue or the neverwinter pvp players base is in worse shape than I thought and there are simply not enough players.. The idea of the solo q is to have random folks together but evidently it brings known premades together on the same party. Weird
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'm really liking the event, but the matchmaking is still the same old hiccupy thing. People expecting not to end up anymore in situations in which everybody 3.2k+ is on the enemy team and everyone with less than 2.8k (you included) is on yours will end up scared out of their pants, although it happens more rarely. I would suspect that ilvl isn't calculated in at all, really.

Overall, though, I'm having lots of fun and hope the solo queue will become a permanent feature.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    That would be weird, because what the queue should actually do is look for players similar to you and match you up against them. Would be nice if a dev could comment on this, because this is kinda important.

@bbascomdev @strumslinger do your thing ;)​​
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I am watching the real pvp right now...The pvp on the forums :p
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I am watching the real pvp right now...The pvp on the forums :p

*makes a deflect roll*
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    After some more games I can definitely say I like it. The only thing I dont like is a bis ranger with 1300 Arm Pen ( no kidding that was his arm pen rating) hitting me for 19 000 piercing blade ticks buuut thats a whole 'nother story.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    reddygo1reddygo1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The solo queue pvp is really working. I saw lot of new players enjoying pvp, no more insta GG .. they are doing their best try to win (even if they don't even know how it is work), low players are enjoying pvp and that is the idea .. the comunity will grow up.

Still need fixes like a item lvl barrier, i suggest 3k. I mean solo queue for people under 3k ilvl, and solo queue for people above 3k ilvl. It will be even better, and it is not hard to improve it.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    My experiences so far:

1. Many PVE players, without any knowledge what to do. Maybe this should bring us back to a proper PVP tutorial before one enters the arena for the first time, but of course without the option to skip the tutorial.

2. Many people come in with zero tenacity. This is by no means understandable, cause tenacity gear can be bought for a few ADs on AH or from guild for a few marks. My advise would be to implement a gear requirement or some added tenacity on chars. It's a pity to see 3K+ chars go down in a few shots, just cause they don't have any basic tenacity gear and by the time they earn enough glory and seals, they lose a ton and will lose fun also.

3. Brackets. Let's have some minimum entry gear level too. In solo many run around half way naked, many without artifacts or even without a simple rank 5 enchant in all slots. This brings me to suggest some sort of gear check system.

4. Basically not much has changed, matches are quite random, sometimes one can get into good ones, but there are still many premades and PUG stomping matches.

Anyway as a first step not bad, much needed, just keep on going dear Devs!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    the solo queue should be truly SOLO... just met a HR and a GF both from the same pvp guild queuing together, both beyond 4,2 k ... they shifted the chances of their team severely... i first lost against them, then won with them, both times by high margin...

and the saddest thing is, they mock and police players far below their IL and stats for wearing/not wearing what they think is correct... i confess i'm tired of coordinated elite teams bossing others... and pretending to be the MORALIST on top of it... reminds me of certain real life situations with so called "elites"...

even when chance puts me in the OP-duo party, i don't enjoy it much... it's such an easy/unfair win... a bitter win

"elites", totally OP teams, pls stay with each other!

the direction is absolutely right though, we need a SOLO queue!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Those are poor some kids (i hope so), maybe the try to sync their queue on TS3, to stick together.
    In case they will be seperated, they don´t fight each other.
    Destroying others players experience has a very long tradition in NWO PVP , but during the last month it happend to get some brain into the average player (not using drains etc.)
    The last PVP player who stick with this game are either optimists or poor in behaviour, only visiting DOM to stomp others and exploit their advantage every day for hours.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User

My experiences so far:

2. Many people come in with zero tenacity. This is by no means understandable, cause tenacity gear can be bought for a few ADs on AH or from guild for a few marks.

As a PVE player - yes it is understandable, and here's why. The cheap PVP gear with tenacity (from AH or with guild marks) has a lot less HP than the higher-end PVE gear that my character is already wearing, plus it does not have all that much tenacity to begin with. So if I put the cheap PVP gear on, I will gain about 2k tenacity, but lose about 20k-25k HP. And since my guild is a PVE guild and doesn't have the stronghold HP boon, that would take my character to having only about 90k HP total. So should I go into PVP with 110k HP and 0 tenacity, or go into PVP with 90k HP and 2k tenacity? Frankly I don't think it makes a difference either way, since everyone else in PVP is evidently running around with 150k+ HP. So I might as well wear my better gear, at least then I don't have to swap enchants around.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Tbh. I'd say 2000 tenacity is probably better than 25k HP. 25K is probably just one hit in PvP on a zero tenacity player. If you don't get one rotated anyway.

How about you get the guild pvp gear, and fill it with cheap rank 7s and play in that till you grind the prestige gear, which will take 30 days. Pvp is all about staying alive, and contesting nodes. You'd be more help to your team even if you just constantly rush to mid, and stayed alive there for 30 seconds forcing someone from the other team to come and try to push you off.

Unless your armor enchant is either a negation or an elven battle, don't even bother swapping it over. I know it's a pain, and your pve gear is great, but in PvP, you are really wearing nothing but your pants and shirt at the moment for all the good your pve gear is doing you.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    We seem to have a lot of "my experience so far" posts. :)

...my experience so far.

1) Compared to normal Q, the matches are massively more diverse. Prior to solo, I would pug a match very rarely, because 9/10, even if I played my heart out, we'd get stomped by a pre made or partial pre made, unless I was lucky enough to get picked up by a partial myself. Or I more normally would look up a PvP friend from my list and either go in full pre made, or duo/trio. Result..? 9/10 the match is over in the first 30 seconds, an initial rush to mid, stomp, rush on to 3, stomp. The other team call gg, swap node till everyone has 600, go home. If we did meet another pre made, then we count our DCs. Sometimes it would be a really good match.

With solo queue however, most matches are much closer. Some people are trying to sync queue, which to me is, meh, rather sad. If you want to pre made, go regular q, anyway. For me, part of the fun is not not knowing who you are with, and who you are up against. Everyone fights, and no-one gives up quickly. Usually both sides will have 1 or more big toons. They cancel out to an extent, leaving the other team members a vital roll to play, if they just sit back and hope their big toon will carry the match, they'll lose.

2) Waaaay more fun. Call me slightly evil, but, being a big, bad HR this mod, cutting a swathe through some of the opposition in solo is a nice change from trying to burst down an immortal DC/OP in a pre made, or worse still, babysitting them alone all match. Solo q is all about 'rush over there, kill that, cap this, rush back over there, support him, rescue her' more movement, more fun. There hasn't been a better time to have a good PvP build than right now for a long, long time.

3) Fewer trolls. A troll needs company, and to an extent, solo q removes the possibility.

4) Fewer early gg's, most matches are a lot closer, some reversals of fortune too, which is a feature of the best kind of match.

I hope it stays, and to the people who are trying to sync q to gain unfair advantage I'd say, stop. Solo q is the first thing in a long time that attracts new players, and allows them to achieve real experience in post 70 PvP. If you sync q'ers poison it, then it's back to playing the same old players over and over again, and sitting round home, swapping points, and doing 1 on 1 every now and again.

If you want the pvp community to grow however, then buckle up, and take your chances with everyone else, play fair.
  • Options
    joshrdajoker35joshrdajoker35 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    First of all I'm on Xbox I'd enjoy a solo Q system "if it didn't effect my page" as broken as the ranking system is you still have to grind your way to a good page "with a 5 man" and then "5 man to keep it". I personally get bored w pug stomping, I also don't focus on k/d ratio even though it's nice to have a good one. Many pugs seem to forget that Dom is not TDM. I don't think this "save Dom" but it couldn't hurt. I thought trade bar gear and gear that didn't require banners would spike the pvp player base and generally improve the quality of players "gear wise at least". At the end of the day just try and have fun
  • Options
    joshrdajoker35joshrdajoker35 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    @jonkoca is fair getting stuck w 3 other players like your toons you brought in w zero gear and enchants sounds like a grand time. Can't wait till it makes it to console.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Like suggested i tried to join the pvp premade crowd recently.. What can i say? I cant compete vs 5 orange lions. Sticking to solo q
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    jonkoca said:

If you want the pvp community to grow however, then buckle up, and take your chances with everyone else, play fair.

many of them dont care about community to grow. the opposite is truth, they want their guild feel like superior and everyone is forced to taste it strenght

even if they get ideal premade vs premade system they will follow the path of least resistence and hunt weaks. some grow tired of pug stomping, but new will join this uber guilds for numbers (boons) and for spreading their ( that new pvp guild player) dominance over most of the community for free (literally) and without any effort on their side and let the ball rolling and rolling ...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    rayrdan said:

Like suggested i tried to join the pvp premade crowd recently.. What can i say? I cant compete vs 5 orange lions. Sticking to solo q

this is the point. no matter how hard some people defend premade que, it will be horribly imbalanced too and hardly used it in regular everyday pvp. first balance the game and items, second bring premade que (i will use it too)

if some people really syncing solo que, maybe their guildies should say them to not do that
  • Options
    Dont get me wrong im one of those 4k players you dont want in solo q if i understood right. My premade experience ended in mod 3 where each mod needed at least 10 M to be on par. i almost solo q for my entire pvp life. Right now im short of at least 30 M to be their kind of bis. No matter my sacrifice to get an axe mount.. Is already outdated and im sincerely tired. The last premade i did yesterday night really left me disgusted
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    rayrdan said:

Dont get me wrong im one of those 4k players you dont want in solo q if i understood right. My premade experience ended in mod 3 where each mod needed at least 10 M to be on par. i almost solo q for my entire pvp life. Right now im short of at least 30 M to be their kind of bis. No matter my sacrifice to get an axe mount.. Is already outdated and im sincerely tired. The last premade i did yesterday night really left me disgusted

no, i already said i have nothing against strong people go solo que, if they always do. i am not that weak either with two 3,6IL characters.

i just feel right to write here about some things. why so many premaders suddenly occupy solo que day and night. This is not event, its just one more que added to the game. No developer said forget about your standard gameplay and play solo que only. I just read here many times about pugs are horrible and we dont want to fight them neither be on team with them. I just write many times pugs are not that bad if you try it and not premading all the time. And suddenly everyone just happily solo que ....

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I've always solo queued, or at most casual premade. I hate the TS requirement of the serious pvp guilds. And no way in hell can I afford an orange lion, getting a Griffin was bad enough.

At 4k, and being a combat HR, I'm as competitive as I probably will ever be bothered to be. I like pug matches, they're funny. Anyone who takes the leader board even remotely seriously in it's current broken state, should really have a good long look at their real lives, and take up knitting or something.
  • Options
    I recognize lot´s of PVP guildies do solo queue.
    1. I met some groups that seemed to sync their groups ---> to those players who do: "you sack to the abyss" destroying every effort to get things more in line. Another hint for this mannor are the moments your queue pops and just can´t get behind 9/10 because one is missing and -->this never happend that much before event
    2. I can´t understand anyone crying about bad geared player ->go premade queue and enjoy, just stay away please
    3. lot´s of matches are fun even having a mixed group, they swap for and back...in the end you lose sometimes because you were too dumb to cap
    4. noone ecpects to get a healthy PVP community in one week!
    This event shows that interest is definitely existent, most player denied to stand against maxed chars with legendary companions that prone them to death
    The old version of queuing is no option as we could see for years now, destroying the small PVP community , leaving a hand full of players searching for some challenge.

I would suggest to leave queues the way they are now and maybe add a 1 vs 1 arena on top.
  • Options
    Because as i said its not my fault if i m a solo player inside and if i reached 4k ilvl meanwhile. What should i do? Uninstall because i farmed too much in the past?
  • Options
    I queued 100% non premade since 3 years. I faced enough premades for now, some of those guilds are honorable some are known to be exploiter and can´t win on equal levels.
    I will go on queing solo, I get into mixed groups and the matches are >>50% very close, eveyone even the low geared, try their best 90% as far as I can see. I am optimistic about getting more player into PVP, since equip is not gated behind silly SH PVP.
This discussion has been closed.