Install Arc
Options

[PC] PvP Solo Queue Event: 9/8-9/15

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

minaminka said:

It's a very good idea, but domination should have itl requirements - someone with 2k or less is useless and too easy to kill.

The issue with this... iL is easily manipulated to fit in a lower queue. I could easily drop one or two pieces of armor to enter... then put them back on when the match starts. Wiping the floor with everyone.
    I don't get why people think they couldn't make it so that you can't change armor once you enter the instance : \
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    NOW im gonna PVP hehehe
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    omfg...!!!!! I am sorry but this tread reply need damn BIG LETTERS !

I AM ONE OF THE PLAYER WHO TURNED AWAY FOR MONTHS AND CAME BACK AGAİN TO NW MORE THAN 2 TIMES!!

I DAMN HELL LOVED THE PVP AT LOW LEVELS WHİLE I WAS LEVELİNG AND AFTER LEVEL 60 LONG AGO, AT MODES 1-2-3. THEY WERE REALLY GOOD ONES AND MORE IMPORTANTLY (ALSO) PPL WERE DOING GAUNG PVP TOO.

Now;
    THİS İS A GREAT IDEA WHICH GAME NEEDED OVER A YEAR (SAY THE TRUTH GUYS EVEN IF SOME DONT AGREE)

WHY? BECAUSE THERE WERE LIKE 200-300 PPL DOING PVP AT ALL WHILE PE HAS PPL ON ITS INSTANCES OVER 500( I AM NOT COUNTING ANY OTHER HIGH LEVEL AREAS, DON'T TRY TO CHANCE SHİGHT OF BULLET). MANY WERE SITTING AND WAITING SOME PVE CONTENT. AND NO ONE DOING STRONGHOLD & GG PVP. YOU WILL MAKE DAILY PVP QUEST TO BE DONE MANY PPL BY THAT FIRST OF ALL. SECONDALY; YOU WILL TURN MANY PPL TO PVP AGAIN.

I KNOW SOME DONT AGREE SINCE THEY ARE pre-made WITH HIGH END GEAR & BOONS, THEY WERE WINNING A GAME WHERE THEİR OPPONENT IS A cat WHİLE THEY ARE tiger. BUT FOR them I ADVISE A THİNG RATHER THAN A MAKING ITEM LEVEL QUEUE FOR PVP, CREATE BOTH QUEUE FOR pre-made public & REST OF PLAYERS. WHO WİLL FİGHT WİTH THEİR TEAM WİTH AN OPPONENT OF pre-made AND OTHER SIDE WİLL FİGHT AGANİST INDIVIDUALS WHO NEED TO COOPREATE WİTH EACH OTHER THROUGH GAME. pre-made PPL USE COMMUNİCATİON PROGRAMS LİKE SKYPE OR SO WHİCH GİVE THEM ADVANCE AGANİST BOTH pre-made & NEW PPL WHO CANT BEAT THEM SOLO!!! THIS WAS UNFAIRR...... FORCING PPL TO LEAVE PVP, ACCEPT IT OR not. DOESNT MATTER TO ME (IF YOU TRY TO SHOOT ME PERSONNALY, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME).

But we all say and know that pvp need more modes & maps which WİLL LİVE ALWAYS JUST LİKE DOMİNATİON!!!
    MAKE ADJUSMENTS TO GG PVP, STRONGHOLD PVP, ICEWIND DALE AND DWARWEN MAP PVP TO MAKE THEM PLAYED FREQUENTLY!!!!

GIVE US A TASTE WHAT WAS THIS GAME AT THE BEGINING ......THE REAL NEVERWINTER!!!!!
  • Options
    paralelogramusparalelogramus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    What about the kicks? They will remain?
    Start a fight. Just kick. One of friends in the queue . After the kick, he comes to fight.
    After a few minutes of battle is already full pack.
  • Options
    joshrdajoker35joshrdajoker35 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    This is hilarious solo Q to save Dom. Gonna end up being 8 fools in pve gear probably not even full gear and I mean missing head leg etc... And 2 4ks smashing them lol welcome the fresh 70 IL 400 into Dom. GG
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    It's about time!! Pay no mind to the professional Team Pugstomp naysayers, this is fantastic news!

I pvped daily for nearly 2 years before it became too ridiculous to stomach anymore. I've barely averaged 1 match a month since. I had completely given up on the idea of any characters but my main CW and maybe a TR alt ever bothering with it. As a factionless, it's become even more stupid. If this change becomes permanent though, I may have to put pvp back into my regular play rotation, and might work on a couple more pvp alts at that.

Kudos, Cryptic. I hope this works out.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Pure solo q is awesome! Please do not listen to those asking to allow duo q too there. Those are the same that are actually enjoy the current situation and would love to retain their status.

1) premades vs premades
    2) Pure solo q where putting in place a matchmaking will be easier.
    3) random what happen happens q.
  • Options
    @bbascomdev now please consider to remove tenacity as additional stat on gear and give every player a fixed free amount of it. This will allow everyone to pvp with their loved gear and would also give reasons to farm the most fitting set for your own build
  • Options
    pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Well, for those, who are BiS solo PvP players it's a nice change, it's much easier for us to kill full party of solo players than duo or trio parties. If you think there won't be "pug stomping", good luck. There will need just one good BiS PvP player (and there are plenty of them) who could change all the situation at that match. ;P
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Awesome! Now this is what PvP needs, I just wish solo q aka duels will stay. :)
  • Options
    Solo q means you wont find people playing togheter. Its still 5vs5 not duels
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    WHY???????? most of the PVP players wanted to make 5 VS 5 premades possible, like a que group in Dungeons, this solo que does not alleviate the problem for 2k IL vs 4k IL. What is going on in there??? This solo que thing is just lame. Now it becomes a glory hunting ground for those with higher IL to get the best PVP gear faster.

And those lower IL players wanting to go with 5 friends, the group will probably get matched up with premades anyways, so what does exactly this alleviate??
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Excellent. Looking forward to it.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    metalldjt wrote: »
    @bbascomdev thats the entire point , make the que solo/duo togheter, why have solo and duo separated ? Do you think by dividing into solo q and duo que it will help pvp? No. Pure solo que is meant for someth total else, imo what is being tried to do right now its just a waste of resource, i dont know if the feedback you wait is either for such a feature to work or if it will help the community by increasing its activity.

I know you're an avid PVPer, but unfortunately you don't seem to get the necessity of a pure solo queue. a SINGLE PLAYER leaderboard needs a SINGLE PLAYER queue.

PREMADES should fight in a PREMADE queue with a PREMADE ranking. DUOS should fight in a DUO queue with a DUO ranking. It's not that hard to understand imho.​​
  • Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Pure solo q is awesome! Please do not listen to those asking to allow duo q too there. Those are the same that are actually enjoy the current situation and would love to retain their status.

1) premades vs premades

2) Pure solo q where putting in place a matchmaking will be easier.

3) random what happen happens q.

Agreed :)

3 queue systems as you stated :) Perfect !!
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    If they ever make entry into pvp content IL based... you will really need to LOCK people into using the gear they entered the instance with. So that people don't enter at low IL and then change gear to dominate the less developed players.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    hedracko said:

I am really sad.

You just do exactly the thing how you will destroy pvp totally, because you listen to people don't know anything about pvp or even about the game.

Let me explain things.

There are players in this game, pvp players who spent thousand hours with practicing, theory crafting, spent so much time and money from their life to be on that level as they are. There is a chance for everyone who starts the game to do the same thing. Of course players who are not enough dedicated they will give up and cry on the forums. Because if they do pvp, and they get a really good premade, they will lose. And the first thing what lazy people do is just going to cry, instead of starting to DO things, trying become better.

If you can't see it and you listen to these people, and in the future you will make stupid things with queue system I hope you are prepared that pvp will be totally dead in this game.

I could talk about how hard is getting BiS gear... refine stuffs, etc. And that is not even enough, if you want win against a GOOD premade. There are players who could beat 90% of other premades even without enchants, because they spent so much time to be the best. If you are not enough dedicated to try the same, just don't play pvp!

I am sure you all want the best, for every players, but if you don't respect this part, you will lose really old-players for sure. You will lose people who actually know how to play pvp, because they fought for become the best.

So at the end what I can say is: the best would be just "domination should have item level requirements". I totally agree with that. Something like 1500-2000, 2000 - 3000, 3000- 4000+. It would be nice and 100% fair, so everyone could fight against people with same "level".

there is no fair when legendary mounts kick in. (Lion lion lion)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    metalldjt said:

Again , i will repeat it... Besides me there hasnt been anyone on this forum to ever give any sorts of advices to improve PvP , so whenver you see someone posting enjoyin of this solo que...it means it's gone in a wrong way, how much do i have to wait for a open discussion with the dev that can finaly listen to reason and good ideas for pvp ?

@metalldjt
    please just answer straight to these questions:
    1) whats wrong with giving to all players the chance to join a pvp where they are 100% sure they wont find any premade or a duo of 4k players ?
    2) wouldnt be easier for the guys willing to only find premades to actually find those premades if solo q players have a different que?

i dont know..i make too much sense?

i for one am happy to have a q where i get 0 chance to find 5 essence of aggression, forsaken rebels, u name it against
  • Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    i see there are a few nr of players that seems to object against the new solo queue system , but if you look closer you will see the few that do object are all BIS players ...Go figure !~!

They hate the fact that their full premades wont be able to wreck poor pugs anymore :D

Premade vs Premade is still available for those who want that .. leave the pugs to solo queue cause thats the only chance they have at enjoying pvp .. at the moment it must be hell for them ... premade premade premade premade
  • Options
    unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User

Also, this whole lumping 3ks with 4ks is totally wrong-headed. It is night and day between a 3k player and a 4.2k with max SH boons, orange mounts and Epic insignias.

What is better a 3K player with max SH boons, orange mounts and Epic insignias or 4.2K w/o any of that?
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    urabask said:

drkbodhi said:

minaminka said:

It's a very good idea, but domination should have itl requirements - someone with 2k or less is useless and too easy to kill.

The issue with this... iL is easily manipulated to fit in a lower queue. I could easily drop one or two pieces of armor to enter... then put them back on when the match starts. Wiping the floor with everyone.
    I don't get why people think they couldn't make it so that you can't change armor once you enter the instance : \
    Bingo, freeze armor-switching, unless I'm failing to see a legitimate reason.

+1 on the solo queue system. I can now try out different classes in pvp instead of my two mains, like the closed/open beta days.

Awesome Devs.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    dionchi said:

Also there are people who have higher level merchants that can purchase PVP healing potions (not for sale anywhere else that I can tell) and others who don't that don't have access to PVP healing potions, since there isn't a vendor in the PVP staging area (at least for domination) that's what I observed anyway.

Trade of Blades, also the potion seller in the marketplace iirc (across from profession vendor). They cost glory though, not gold (buy PvP pots with PvP currency).

You can use the IWD healing potions, but they don't provide much heal compared to your total hitpoints. Can chug them if you get out of combat alive though. Apparently a mistake on my part.

Post edited by beckylunatic on
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    It's nice you make all these fancy new stuff (any1 still playing this unbalanced PvP?), but... what about Gateway?
    What about players & Devs communication you promised to improve so many times?
    What about bug fixes?
    My TR still gets stuck Stelth Bar (if she dies while under Lurkers Assault, this bug is at least 4 Mods old!), Stronghold Dragons still can get freez by using certain powers, SW - Soulbinder skills do not work, HR - stuns that ignore immunities?, GF - commander stike? and many other skills that are broken and there is no acknowledge, no info, no eta.
    What is the point of whole Feedback section if you do not read it? The only way to get Devs attention is in News forum and only for first two days... or if the broken thing is connected to their precious and overpriced ZEN store.
  • Options
    goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    hedracko said:

I am really sad.

You just do exactly the thing how you will destroy pvp totally, because you listen to people don't know anything about pvp or even about the game.

Let me explain things.

There are players in this game, pvp players who spent thousand hours with practicing, theory crafting, spent so much time and money from their life to be on that level as they are. There is a chance for everyone who starts the game to do the same thing. Of course players who are not enough dedicated they will give up and cry on the forums. Because if they do pvp, and they get a really good premade, they will lose. And the first thing what lazy people do is just going to cry, instead of starting to DO things, trying become better.

If you can't see it and you listen to these people, and in the future you will make stupid things with queue system I hope you are prepared that pvp will be totally dead in this game.

I could talk about how hard is getting BiS gear... refine stuffs, etc. And that is not even enough, if you want win against a GOOD premade. There are players who could beat 90% of other premades even without enchants, because they spent so much time to be the best. If you are not enough dedicated to try the same, just don't play pvp!

I am sure you all want the best, for every players, but if you don't respect this part, you will lose really old-players for sure. You will lose people who actually know how to play pvp, because they fought for become the best.

So at the end what I can say is: the best would be just "domination should have item level requirements". I totally agree with that. Something like 1500-2000, 2000 - 3000, 3000- 4000+. It would be nice and 100% fair, so everyone could fight against people with same "level".

What bout casual players? People that have work/school/life barriers to being able to earn the upper tier of PvP gear/boons/enchants... Do these players not deserve to enjoy PvP? Or are these players only here so that you, the BiS/endgame/PvPguild/pre-made to farm for rewards & to unlock achievements?
This discussion has been closed.