test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] PvP Solo Queue Event: 9/8-9/15

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
You asked, we listened! We’re introducing a solo queue for PvP where level 70 adventurers can queue for Domination without needing to worry about pre-made groups.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10142243

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    wow !!!! awesome !!

Best initiative you guys have come up with in a longtime !!

Big Thanks for listening !!

PS ** Make it permanent please - this will save PVP for sure ;)

Post edited by fuxion#7775 on
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Ty you so much! As someone who supported solo queues I hope it works out well, I guess we'll find out for sure shortly. Thankyou for giving the option a chance and I hope it's a success.
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    even though i dont like pvp, i think its a nice idea to add this.
  • reddygo1reddygo1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Finally, good job for listening
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Really good move now I can dust off my old pvp gear or even buy some new ones. I just hope the queue system will balance players so regular players with higher tenacity and success rate get put in different groups than player with low tenacity and less success in pvp.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• minaminkaminaminka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    It's a very good idea, but domination should have itl requirements - someone with 2k or less is useless and too easy to kill.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i have 8 characters i promise pvping on everyone of them ;)

if this remain i swear i never ever spend money on elder scrolls online, thats for sure :p
    B)
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I don't PVP because Idon't want to manage more sets of gear and I get stomped by true PVPers. This would be an awesome change I think and would get some people in.

Would be nice to group people by tenacity, but that would just be a gear switching contest.
  • hedrackohedracko Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I am really sad.

You just do exactly the thing how you will destroy pvp totally, because you listen to people don't know anything about pvp or even about the game.

Let me explain things.

There are players in this game, pvp players who spent thousand hours with practicing, theory crafting, spent so much time and money from their life to be on that level as they are. There is a chance for everyone who starts the game to do the same thing. Of course players who are not enough dedicated they will give up and cry on the forums. Because if they do pvp, and they get a really good premade, they will lose. And the first thing what lazy people do is just going to cry, instead of starting to DO things, trying become better.

If you can't see it and you listen to these people, and in the future you will make stupid things with queue system I hope you are prepared that pvp will be totally dead in this game.

I could talk about how hard is getting BiS gear... refine stuffs, etc. And that is not even enough, if you want win against a GOOD premade. There are players who could beat 90% of other premades even without enchants, because they spent so much time to be the best. If you are not enough dedicated to try the same, just don't play pvp!

I am sure you all want the best, for every players, but if you don't respect this part, you will lose really old-players for sure. You will lose people who actually know how to play pvp, because they fought for become the best.

So at the end what I can say is: the best would be just "domination should have item level requirements". I totally agree with that. Something like 1500-2000, 2000 - 3000, 3000- 4000+. It would be nice and 100% fair, so everyone could fight against people with same "level".

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    hedracko said:

I am really sad.

You just do exactly the thing how you will destroy pvp totally, because you listen to people don't know anything about pvp or even about the game.

Let me explain things.

There are players in this game, pvp players who spent thousand hours with practicing, theory crafting, spent so much time and money from their life to be on that level as they are. There is a chance for everyone who starts the game to do the same thing. Of course players who are not enough dedicated they will give up and cry on the forums. Because if they do pvp, and they get a really good premade, they will lose. And the first thing what lazy people do is just going to cry, instead of starting to DO things, trying become better.

If you can't see it and you listen to these people, and in the future you will make stupid things with queue system I hope you are prepared that pvp will be totally dead in this game.

I could talk about how hard is getting BiS gear... refine stuffs, etc. And that is not even enough, if you want win against a GOOD premade. There are players who could beat 90% of other premades even without enchants, because they spent so much time to be the best. If you are not enough dedicated to try the same, just don't play pvp!

I am sure you all want the best, for every players, but if you don't respect this part, you will lose really old-players for sure. You will lose people who actually know how to play pvp, because they fought for become the best.

So at the end what I can say is: the best would be just "domination should have item level requirements". I totally agree with that. Something like 1500-2000, 2000 - 3000, 3000- 4000+. It would be nice and 100% fair, so everyone could fight against people with same "level".

what are you talking about? premade only (custom) que will follow soon, you will get your professional pvp, where you can met the same 20 players every day. your problem solved
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    I'm definitely not one of those: "PvP fanatics" the release notes talk about, mostly because I'm not the kind of person who likes to get repeatedly stomped 'for fun' as us usually the case for me in PVP...
    But you can be assured I will attempt to do PVP for as long as this trial period continues even though I have made no previous effort in acquiring any PVP gear or other items.

And speaking to that...

Why is it necessary to have one set of gear for PVP and a completely different set of gear for PVE?

Back in my ancient *Two World days, there were character creations for PVP and separate characters for PVE, each having their own armor specific to the area they were contesting and never would the two cross over (gear nor characters).

In regards to that other, there was also two person PVP duels where one player could challenge another player to a one on one PVP contest as well as the team challenges...

Any thoughts to implementing something like that later on?
    DD~
  • hedrackohedracko Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I just think its not a good idea, because even if you solo queue there is a chance you get better players against you, like BiS players in the same party, and you lose... it doesn't solve any problems.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    @hedracko please stop this nonsense about item levels. Logically you simply can't make that argument. ELO > item level tiers.

I was also kinda waiting for that "oh we can't premade qq" comment. This is coming from those that are trying to retain their status quo as pugstompers. Applying simple logic and a basic understanding of the matchmaking leads to the conclusion that a competitive system should be based on equal team sizes. In a single player ranking you can't allow teams. It severely messes with the validity of the Leaderboard.

I agree premades should have the option to fight themselves, but that has to happen somewhere else. In a 5v5 queue or room/challenge system. And a ranking derived from those matches should be a team ranking of course. Other games have 2v2, 3v3 arenas and I think Neverwinter could learn a thing or two there. Given sufficient population I could see a solo queue, premade queue, 2v2, 3v3, whatever with independent rankings attached to them.​​
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    hedracko said:

I am really sad.

Let me explain things.

I don't think you understand why PVP is in such a dire state right now. Yes PVP is in seriously bad place right now. The adoption rate is terrible.

The problem with PVP is not that players are lazy. It is impossible for a fresh lvl 70 players with 0 tenacity to stand any chance of success against a premade PVP guild. This discourage players and later make players HATE PVP.

Remember that you will still be able to queue as a premade. the solo trial is to test providing an alternate methods. This will help solo players and casual PVP players. If they like PVP they can gain the experience and know how as well as gear to allow them to join the premade form of the game. Making more happy PVP'ers and healthier PVP environment. I used to play 4-5 pvp games a day as a casual pvp player, but the state of PVP now makes me refuse to enter it at all.

As stated earlier I like this idea I would just like a ranked system to be applied in the solo PVP version of the game. So that players at same level compete against each other. This is done in many games and should be possible in PVP in this game too.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

hedracko said:

I am really sad.

Let me explain things.

Remember normal pvp queue system will also be available ... so nothing is lost ..your choice what and where you wanna play ;)

and devs see this as trail run ..they wanna see how the matchmaking system works tht they designed in back ground cause it obviously will try group and balance as much as possible.

Its not a perfect system - nothing will ever be but its better than trading caps for 10 mins.

there will be closer matches then there are now - Guaranteed ! B-)
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

You asked, we listened! We’re introducing a solo queue for PvP where level 70 adventurers can queue for Domination without needing to worry about pre-made groups.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10142243

Kinda funny, Why simply do not Call Duel pvp event? After all its duel match 1vs1.

Also why not making it part of current pvp features...??
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    edited September 2016
    mynaam said:

hedracko said:

I am really sad.

Let me explain things.

;)
    I don't think you understand why PVP is in such a dire state right now. Yes PVP is in seriously bad place right now. The adoption rate is terrible.

The problem with PVP is not that players are lazy. It is impossible for a fresh lvl 70 players with 0 tenacity to stand any chance of success against a premade PVP guild. This discourage players and later make players HATE PVP.

Remember that you will still be able to queue as a premade. the solo trial is to test providing an alternate methods. This will help solo players and casual PVP players. If they like PVP they can gain the experience and know how as well as gear to allow them to join the premade form of the game. Making more happy PVP'ers and healthier PVP environment. I used to play 4-5 pvp games a day as a casual pvp player, but the state of PVP now makes me refuse to enter it at all.

As stated earlier I like this idea I would just like a ranked system to be applied in the solo PVP version of the game. So that players at same level compete against each other. This is done in many games and should be possible in PVP in this game too.

Good comments - this is really great initiative by Cryptic and will def improve PVP environment , cause its not healthy atm

Go Bulls !!! :p
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    There is no PVP tutorial so the only option anyone has is to try to get into a party and learn how to PVP is by trial and much error... which means getting your butt kicked repeatedly until you find something that works.

I've only been to PVP three times since my first post saying I'd give it another shot and I'm still in the 'error' phase since even as a level 30 character with the best gear I could pick up from doing quests in the PVE maps, I'm still getting my hiney kicked and haven't been on a top team yet - luck of the draw I suppose, but it's not much encouragement to get me to want to keep going back for more of the same.

Also there are people who have higher level merchants that can purchase PVP healing potions (not for sale anywhere else that I can tell) and others who don't that don't have access to PVP healing potions, since there isn't a vendor in the PVP staging area (at least for domination) that's what I observed anyway.

No one is allowed to have their companions summoned in PVP - WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SCOURGE WARLOCKS WHO GET TO SUMMON A SOUL PUPPET - what kind of "fair" is that?

It's like being able to add a couple of players to the team roster.

There should only be one of each character class to any team to keep opposing parties absolutely balanced and if any team has to wait longer for a particular characer class to join - that's pretty much what a queue system is for isn't it?

Those are some observations and opinons from a new PVP player who as of yet, has not had a posative or rewarding experience from participating in PVP.
    DD~
    vinceent1 said:

i have 8 characters i promise pvping on everyone of them ;)

if this remain i swear i never ever spend money on elder scrolls online, thats for sure :p

hahahah :)

yeah i think this will allow more players to play their alts and gain pvp experience on them etc ...

B)
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    @strumslinger

Please dont let the devs take solo quele and group quele forward in the future, it will end joy for people queueing in groups with their friends, in my opinion the most correct thing to do is keep the system as it is, add requirments go get in pvp like minimum tenacity, and add a downscalle system where premade parties would have theis stats downscalled according to the oponente team, if not by IL, then by the way defiantone99 said, wins, loses, deaths, kills and assists. It may not be perfect but it will make more possible for both kind of players.

• nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Nice to see something like this, some points that you could take into consideration:

-Make solo pvp available after the data gathering.
    -Consider the iL queus an option like first 0-1500, 1500-2000 and 3000+
    -Bug reports.

Looking forward to pvp again, i havent being there in a lot of time
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    for those who said have an item lvl requirement--- really just no cause you can just lower your item lvl and beat weak players. i think having it completely random is better then some not all players doing that. i know not all pvp'er are mean and lower their item lvl to get easy win but their still are players like that.
    but i do agree their needs to be some way for weaker players with no boons or lower tenacity or weaker gear to fight others of the same sort.
This discussion has been closed.