What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storm King's Thunder Bugs & Issues

Comments

• Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I can't see the underwear in the campaign store. 5 minutes ago I saw them and then when I unlocked 2/3 of the store, went to the test server to check if ever frost potions stacked, then came back to live and checked the store it no longer showed underwear for me.

Screenshot CW

I just checked my cleric and she can see it.

screenshot DC

I just upgraded the shop to 2/3 on my tank as well and the same thing happened.

Screenshot GF
  • Options
    waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Abominable Yeti quest.
    Go to first map location - no problem, attack and it runs.
    Go to second map location- Yeti never appears. Have waited. Watched other players come and go, reporting same issue.

Came across Yeti randomly in far southwest - second location still indicated. Attacked, and it ran off. But second map location still indicated, still a quest trail to it. No yeti.

Have dropped quest, reaccepted. Same.

Left and did other things, came back, second location active and able to progress and finish quest.

Figure Yeti was lured far far away from the second location, or maybe even the first, hence why quest couldn't progress. Suggest adding leash to the Yeti so no more luring out of range.
    Post edited by waryur on
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    "You may only have one of a unique item"

This has popped up ever since I got a certain ring (not going to spoil the plot).
    It says it again whenever I ask for the daily from the same person who assigned
    that quest. And again when I ask for the main daily in each of the other two towns.

Apparently owning/wearing the ring makes the game check for it, even tho it should
    just be checking to see if I completed the version of that quest with the ring at the end.
    Perhaps it's in case I join a party going to that version again?

In any case it needs tweaking. (Regardless of the needed checks, I don't need to see the error.)

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I received a green quality trowel from the Runic lockbox.
    When I did relic hunting in any of the adventure zones, it used the green quality one first. OK thats fine.
    But, whenever I dug up a relic with this trowel I would get the following message:

[Error] you already have all of the items in this package.

But, I still received an Ostorian Relics box. OK, well I got the box, but now I can't open them. When I try I get the same extact message.

So right now I have 30 of these that I cant do anything with. I got another Ostorian Relic Pack from a Runic lockbox, and I am affraid to open it, in fear of getitng another higher qualtiy trowel.

With the high quality trowel anywhere on my character, I cant get any relics. Even if I have the white one in my inventory.

Thanks.
  • Options
    desertravelerdesertraveler Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    After unlocking more of the campaign store on SW also, the underwear disappears from the store though it was once there.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    obsiddia said:

"You may only have one of a unique item"

I don't have the [spoiler] yet, and have been getting this message. It actually seems to be related to the trowels, since the last patch, as far as I can tell. Been meaning to try intentionally not having a trowel to see if the messages are definitely not popping up in that case.

At first I thought it was related to items I was carting around from found quests, but it even happens when I have none of those. Only happens when in the new zones. Also pops up when accepting Defending the Dale if I left a character parked in one of these zones overnight.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    i have multi quests from cr, bs and lw witch gave me inv item but im not returning them because i only need 1 daily on each zone and keep getting the same error anytime i am on those 3 zones "You may only have one of a unique item" , @terramak please fix these fast
  • Options
    Lonelywood Derelict Farm HE
    I am seeing people say this HE requires collecting something like 60 food items, which don't stack in inventory. That's pretty nonsensical.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    kalypsoskyzkalypsoskyz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am not receiving any Astral Diamonds or rough alike at all in the game included invoking. It has been this way since the update im not sure if it is a bug or not but it is very annoying and concerning.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Quest "Fire is life" in Lonelywood is bugged: after cleared the 3 groups of Gobblins is impossible to collect the firewood. No interaction with the firewood.

I've completed this quest many times. The firewood interact (only one location to do this) is in the chopped piles stacked to the side of the camp.

Ed: The interact sparkle does disappear in combat and for a second or so after someone else loots it, but it certainly works.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    You just may have to wait a few seconds.
  • Options
    In "Scuppered Skipper" the giant captains are clearly male, but they yell
    a challenge (at the start) in the female voice. They die in the male voice.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    ribbs1 said:

I get this without a trowel. I think there's a check for the Defending quest container that dings when you pick up the quest in Cold Run and go to another zone to do the bits there.

I get the error as soon as I enter Lonely Wood and when asking for a Defending the Dale
    quest in Brynn Shander. Cold Run... can't recall if that's as I show up, or as I ask for a quest.

I guess it may have to do with putting us on the 'solve one quest in each area' routine,
    rather than referring to a specific in game item. Or it does refer to that item, using it
    as a trigger/check, but incorrectly.

Easiest way out is to hide the "You may only have one of a unique item"
    error message. But that's probly not the best way.
  • Options
    It happens in any of the new zones when you pick up Defending the Dale, or when travelling between them if you already have DtD.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

I've completed this quest many times but since the last patch seems not working anymore. Go try it.
    Maybe something else got fixed and this quest got broken (as usual).

I was returning to follow up.

The firewood was not interactible in instance 1. I changed to a different instance and it was fine. So something is glitchy, but it's not impossible to complete.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    "Stay Frosty" - Blue circle need to be moved to the right.
    "Making the Rounds" - Blue circle needs to be much smaller.
    Would be BETTER if you added more sick people at the north and
    south ends of the row of buildings... but in any case, no one
    is lying in the woods, so thin the circle.
  • Options
    When Red Ice is completed but not handed in, Catti-brie has two dialogues available if you speak to her, both the one in which she asks you to speak to Makos and her post-Red Ice speech.

After turning in Red Ice, she has no flavour dialogue at all. I can understand if she's only meant to give that follow-up talk once, but the window to see it is small and easy to miss. Perhaps it should be an objective, or at least not disappear until you've viewed it. And of course the initial dialogue is outdated at that point and should not be available.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Pilfer and Plunder (Cold Run daily) has an obnoxious design, which becomes less obvious when more people can get away with not doing this particular quest.

You need to collect 12 macguffins, for which there are three locations where you can get a maximum of three items: giant drop, loot the meat, loot the cask. All objectives are competitive. They are on a fairly short respawn timer, so I find it quicker to camp a single location for most of the macguffins. You need at least one respawn to even complete the quest. I don't recall this happening the first time I did the quest, but tonight the cask at my location glitched out and wouldn't give me a macguffin more than once even though it became interactible repeatedly, so the quest took even longer because I had to wait more cycles. At minimum there should be enough objectives to not have to wait around at any of them if you don't want, or the number of macguffins should be reduced to match.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Pilfer and Plunder (Cold Run daily) has an obnoxious design, which becomes less obvious when more people can get away with not doing this particular quest.

You need to collect 12 macguffins, for which there are three locations where you can get a maximum of three items: giant drop, loot the meat, loot the cask. All objectives are competitive. They are on a fairly short respawn timer, so I find it quicker to camp a single location for most of the macguffins. You need at least one respawn to even complete the quest. I don't recall this happening the first time I did the quest, but tonight the cask at my location glitched out and wouldn't give me a macguffin more than once even though it became interactible repeatedly, so the quest took even longer because I had to wait more cycles. At minimum there should be enough objectives to not have to wait around at any of them if you don't want, or the number of macguffins should be reduced to match.

Becky - the giant with his friendly polar bear (That just wants to high five your face in) that walks past each of these points also drops a macguffin - so it's 4 per point. However as I do this with my partner in a pairing system, it's a pain in the neck. The drops from the Giants (both the guard and the polar bear one) are individual, the pile/keg are competitive.

What I AM super annoyed about is the quest where you need to survey the 6 points - If I am in a party, the point I survey should count for the rest of the party (Like every other quest of the same type does), but no - this one requires all party members to go to every single point. Yet the day prior there is the one where you have to check in on scouts (You have 6 possible locations, but only need 3), and each time a party member does a check in, it counts for all. WHY OH WHY do the quests not all interact the same way?

What do we want! (Less obnoxious designs!) When do we want them!? (About 6 mods ago!)
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Becky - the giant with his friendly polar bear (That just wants to high five your face in) that walks past each of these points also drops a macguffin - so it's 4 per point.

Thanks, Sorce. Since nothing else was dropping macguffins before I noticed the tiny blue circles on my map, I was avoiding non-mandatory fights.

Ed: Though according to the above, I may have just been too far away.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    I don't remember the actual quest name, but when raiding the troll camp as part of the Lonelywood story intro, one objective is to kill a named giant, presumably their given name and not a title. This giant spawns with a randomized appearance and may be male or female, which is all cool with the scouting parties and captains and so forth, but I find it misplaced with a named NPC. This giant should either have fixed characteristics, or not give the player an impression that they're a specific individual.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    lietuva77lietuva77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hallo, we have new big bug,what realy not do balance in game. Bug have class Scourge Warlock encaunter Pillar of Power and companion Owlbear cub. When use that encaunter bonus from companion owlbear cub, always do stack,when is active this encaunter and that is 20 % dmg scourge warlock, that is to big "bonus" to SW. Encaunter Pillar of Power stack work incorect with this companion. Please check this encaunter with this companion and please fix it. Thanks.

P.S. sorry for my english.
  • Options

I don't remember the actual quest name, but when raiding the troll camp as part of the Lonelywood story intro, one objective is to kill a named giant, presumably their given name and not a title. This giant spawns with a randomized appearance and may be male or female, which is all cool with the scouting parties and captains and so forth, but I find it misplaced with a named NPC. This giant should either have fixed characteristics, or not give the player an impression that they're a specific individual.

I can't be totally sure since I've only run the quest twice, but I think the same thing happens with the boss giant in Cold Run's weekly quest. Name indicates this is a specific giant, but with random gender presentation.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    The Brynn Shander quest where you burn 5 of their totem skulls...
    The northernmost one stays on fire permanently. No one can complete the mission.
    Went to another town, then came back later... totem still on fire.

Not sure if several instances were bugged, or I had the bad luck of returning to the same broken one.