test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storm King's Thunder Bugs & Issues

Comments

• Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User

Frostburn setbonus (25% on digging out an additional relic) not working.
    im often unlucky with such things, but 50 relics without even 1 doubledrop cant be just bad luck

yeah, I also tested this set today on live server and it does not work. I was also wondering why I got 20 relics of white quality although I used the epic shovel from then zen shop? So is the drop chance of rare / epic relics intended to be so low or is it a bug?

Another bug occurs in the big heroic encounter with the two giants in Bryn Sharandar. If you kill the white dragon the encounter is stucked because the giants are not returning ...
    yep is was still there like that last night. Can't play tonight b/c of the server being unavailable.
  • Options
    kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Add to your list @strumslinger : RESIN. sweet sweet RESIN. For those of us that did the intro quest and did not get it. Would be nice to restore these here rusty boots :/
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    +1
    ribbs1 said:

Just drop the fish in my bag. I don't need to confirm. And I lose my fish if I get attacked by crabs when the confirmation window is up. Bad design. Please fix.

• Options
    jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    looomis said:

Bug in the new campaign:

I do not receive Ten-Towns supplies, the amount of currency is stuck at 1.
    I got alot of supplies on tuesday and could finish the tasks "Secrets of Ostorian Relics" and "Save Lonelywood Refugees".

I did all zone quests in Bryn Shander and Lonelywood on wednesday and all Bryn Shander quests on thursday, but the amount of supplies remains the same. When I accept all quests in Lonelywood, they offer Gold, Experience and Voninblod, nothing more.

When Bryn Shander and Lonelywood are available, only the "Do 3 Quests in Lonelywood" quest gives additional currencies.

I have done quests in each of them over the past three days and received no supplies. have plenty of rep but can't proceed because I only have 10 supplies.

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    no buf
    jaensen said:

During the Frost Giant Excavators HE - the giants will disappear and not reappear.

me has happened in middle of the heroic and giants dissapeared and we wait 3min for a fail

please addres this to devs ty @strumslinger
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    "Wolf Clearing" - last fish wouldn't sparkle for anyone. Northeast one.

EDIT: Went back in game, apparently the same instance. Found a wolf stuck between
    houses. I was unable to affect it with any CW spells. Someone else came and
    killed it for me. The next wave completed, and the fish was reset.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

"Wolf Clearing" - last fish wouldn't sparkle for anyone. Northeast one.

EDIT: Went back in game, apparently the same instance. Found a wolf stuck between
    houses. I was unable to affect it with any CW spells. Someone else came and
    killed it for me. The next wave completed, and the fish was reset.

Yeah, this is a standard problem there. The wolves love to hide themselves in nooks and crannies and chill out behind fences and what not, often aggro'ing you while remaining unseen and without attacking.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Rotted/rusted/etc. relic armor isn't good for anything beyond the set you might want to restore, but it's possible and even plausible that you'll obtain duplicates, and perhaps even many duplicates whilst pursuing other items.

Ruined CN items are epic transmutes that you can also salvage or surplus. Lorewise, there is sufficient residual power in these items that they have inherent value despite being unusable.

Quartermaster's enchants drop epic bags of trash that you can turn in to your Stronghold for surplus. The Mimic is apparently not that particular about the condition of items that go into the endlessly gaping maw.

But that second set of boots you got while trying to get more lanolin? Pfft... worthless. Throw those out.

This may not be a bug, but it feels bad, and it's not consistent with other items. These items should be tagged as valid for salvage and surplus. People who've acquired more than they need should get some form of additional reward for the time they put in on HE and FBI runs, not be left feeling cheated because they got a really difficult-to-obtain piece of garbage.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Rotted/rusted/etc. relic armor isn't good for anything beyond the set you might want to restore, but it's possible and even plausible that you'll obtain duplicates, and perhaps even many duplicates whilst pursuing other items.

Ruined CN items are epic transmutes that you can also salvage or surplus. Lorewise, there is sufficient residual power in these items that they have inherent value despite being unusable.

Quartermaster's enchants drop epic bags of trash that you can turn in to your Stronghold for surplus. The Mimic is apparently not that particular about the condition of items that go into the endlessly gaping maw.

But that second set of boots you got while trying to get more lanolin? Pfft... worthless. Throw those out.

This may not be a bug, but it feels bad, and it's not consistent with other items. These items should be tagged as valid for salvage and surplus. People who've acquired more than they need should get some form of additional reward for the time they put in on HE and FBI runs, not be left feeling cheated because they got a really difficult-to-obtain piece of garbage.

You do have one minor option, as I pointed out on another thread this morning, you can sell them to a Vendor for a bit under 2 Gold Coins. So they're not quite completely worthless >:)

Other than that, I agree they should have some salvage and/or mimic feeding value for all the effort it takes to get them.

Post edited by qexotic on
  • Options
    qexotic said:

You do have one minor option, as I pointed out on another thread this morning, you can sell them to a Vendor for a bit under 2 Gold Coins. So they're not quite completely worthless >:)

Yippity skippy.

... 4k gold per character 'n' nothing to do with it mumble grumble....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

... 4k gold per character 'n' nothing to do with it mumble grumble....

You could buy Potions of Everfrost Resist and sell them to players who might otherwise have been suckered by the devs into buying them from the Campaign Store.

The potions cost 5.5 silver. So with 4000 gold, you could buy 72 thousand potions.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    malikinetokmalikinetok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    I just logged into the game in Byan Shander and there are no quests available. I did Cold Run yesterday until Red Ice, but didn't have the gear nor the campaign unlock to go do it. I log in today, after the patch, and there is ONLY Red Ice as a quest for me. I tried abandoning, but that didn't fix anything...

What gives??
  • Options

I just logged into the game in Byan Shander and there are no quests available. I did Cold Run yesterday until Red Ice, but didn't have the gear nor the campaign unlock to go do it. I log in today, after the patch, and there is ONLY Red Ice as a quest for me. I tried abandoning, but that didn't fix anything...

What gives??

Dailies get locked because Defending the Dale is disabled when the game wants you to be running story quests.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    So it is forcing me to play the story even though I am unable, atm, to play the story....
  • Options
    I only have Red Ice for a quest. That is all it is giving me, so since I don't qualify yet to unlock Fangbreaker Island (or whatever it is called) and have no other quests to help me become qualified, I am pretty much done with the new module...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    From the sounds of things, a lot of players have been running Red Ice without unlocking the dungeon just yet. I cannot comment from experience because I am behind on rep and haven't gone to Cold Run yet.

Edit: Okay, so does Red Ice say "go to Fangbreaker"? If so, it should probably show up on your map as a quest instance. Special quest version, not the actual dungeon.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

I only have Red Ice for a quest. That is all it is giving me, so since I don't qualify yet to unlock Fangbreaker Island (or whatever it is called) and have no other quests to help me become qualified, I am pretty much done with the new module...

Fortunately, you don't need to meet the qualifications to run Fangbreaker to do the Red Ice quest. Without giving too much away...it might just show you why some of them are required though :)

• Options
    Yeah. I just noticed that :P My bad everyone. I got so annoyed that no quest showed that my brain fell out and started causing all kinds of grieve. I picked it back up, smacked it around then smashed it right back into my head where it belonged.

That is all. Thank you for your time ;)
  • Options
    dreadnaught#5263 dreadnaught Member Posts: 19 Cryptic Developer
    two30 said:

2 of the 5 new mount insignia bonuses, Combatant's Maneuver and Victim's Preservation, do not work at all. It is impossible to trigger their effects.

We have fixed both of these bonuses internally, so you may expect to see these fixes in game within the next couple of patches.
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Per the Thursday patch, characters should be able to "see" what items will be available in the campaign store if they have not unlocked it. I have some characters with the store partly unlocked, they can only see the items they have access to; characters without anything in "resotre economy" *can* see all available items. Once they advance the visibility to future unlock items goes away.

image link: https://i.imgur.com/AZ40nb8.jpg
  • Options
    noxiangaycenoxiangayce Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    SW Greater Everfrost Shirt and Pants + Armor Kit for Shirt and Pants not showing in the Storm King's Thunder Storm. It was there for other classes, such as DC.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

SW Greater Everfrost Shirt and Pants + Armor Kit for Shirt and Pants not showing in the Storm King's Thunder Storm. It was there for other classes, such as DC.

What campaign tasks have you completed relevant to the store? Some people are reporting that completing certain tasks reapplies the old flags that hid unlocked items.
  • Options
    noxiangaycenoxiangayce Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

What campaign tasks have you completed relevant to the store? Some people are reporting that completing certain tasks reapplies the old flags that hid unlocked items.
    Well on my SW, I have completed up to cold run, resist the cold, secrets of relics, and 2 of restore bryn shander's economy

plus gotten the first two boons.
  • Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I can't see the underwear in the campaign store. 5 minutes ago I saw them and then when I unlocked 2/3 of the store, went to the test server to check if ever frost potions stacked, then came back to live and checked the store it no longer showed underwear for me.

Screenshot CW

I just checked my cleric and she can see it.

screenshot DC
  • Options
    cupidbz135cupidbz135 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Not sure if this is storm king issue, but after the patch, I tried to make a new character, and it put my directly to protector's enclave instead of the tutorial section. So now i'm at protector's @ lv.1 and amm kindaa stuck