test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Storm King's Thunder

Comments

• genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User

I, my husband, my best friend, and a few of our other friends all started this game last month. We do not "farm". Instead, we simply play. The astral diamonds we only use for necessities like ID scrolls, and given that most of the items we get are unidentified, I say taking away the means by which to get these without having to spend cash we need for things like paying for internet and so on is a horrible decision. So what if people farm for AD? People farm for all kinds of things. This decision affects people like me, my husband, and our friends who actually play the few characters we have, and not in a good way. $15 a month is honestly looking better than shelling out a lot more in the long run for this game that we were once impressed with but now horribly disappointed in. In fact, we're talking about up and quitting.

id scrolls are super cheap in the auction house.
    like any other game in the end its all about the grind.
    if you finish grind in a game then the devs will add more grind for you to do, boring as it is and yes quitting is the best option; i would say i made a lot of good friends playing this game. and since closed beta was way better then now, except for the visual appeal of the game, its up the the player to stay or leave; ill stay cause i have invested a lot of time; but who knows even i might quit one day. only time can tell and so far i like how the new content looks so ill play for another year maybe two, before i decide i might quit; unless they make some crazy change that will ruin my game play beyond the point i can function in game.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    So much for getting the dread legion set back. No way in hell I'm doing the ENITRE maze engine campaign for transmutes!!

As if grinding for the currency wasn't enough...?

Really? TWO gates behind TRANSMUTES? Are we going to exploit content with looks!?
  • karamekoskaramekos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    I was hopeful that the Lightfoot Thief active bonus would be fixed, but I do not see that in the notes on companion fixes. I ran some content already and there does not appear to be a ninja fix either. RIP, Lightfoot Thief. If anyone sees anything different with their Lightfoot Thief, please post. The patch notes on companion changes are somewhat ambiguous:

"Fixes to several companions with Rank 30 abilities that weren't triggering such as the Priestess of Sehanine, Acolyte of Kelemvore and the Repentant Cultist."
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer

I, my husband, my best friend, and a few of our other friends all started this game last month. We do not "farm". Instead, we simply play. The astral diamonds we only use for necessities like ID scrolls, and given that most of the items we get are unidentified, I say taking away the means by which to get these without having to spend cash we need for things like paying for internet and so on is a horrible decision. So what if people farm for AD? People farm for all kinds of things. This decision affects people like me, my husband, and our friends who actually play the few characters we have, and not in a good way. $15 a month is honestly looking better than shelling out a lot more in the long run for this game that we were once impressed with but now horribly disappointed in. In fact, we're talking about up and quitting.

Raellia, if you are playing your characters, you'll be getting *more* AD than before (about 20% more compared to what invocation used to give). The change only hurts people who had large numbers of characters that they invoked with and never played.

Even playing a little (like an alt you only play occasionally) should be fine. You can build up the bonus AD over time, and it will kick in whenever you do play the character (the bonus never goes away).
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Hi @rgutscheradev

I know you guys are busy;
    but can you comment on this?

And what about http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1220510/a-way-to-disable-the-snow-storm/p1 ?

Thanks.

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • juliofp70juliofp70 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    your class balance is really funny... insane nerf to gf and buff to HR's? LOL.... ok
    GF Your Personal Yeti - Strawberry Yakuza
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

Raellia, if you are playing your characters, you'll be getting *more* AD than before (about 20% more compared to what invocation used to give). The change only hurts people who had large numbers of characters that they invoked with and never played.

Even playing a little (like an alt you only play occasionally) should be fine. You can build up the bonus AD over time, and it will kick in whenever you do play the character (the bonus never goes away).
    except that i can finish all the playable content that gives rough AD well before the 2.5 hours before i get my last invoke. so i earned a bunch of AD that didn't get the bonus. does this mean you expect me to farm more dungeons and use salvage to make up that last (largest) invoke of bonus AD? because anyone who plays less than 2 hours per day is going to be forced to do just that. and yes, the bonus does bank, but it means your earnings per day if you play less then 2.5 hours per day (coming back for the 5th invoke) are cut. honestly, your whole invoke system sucks. I know you have acknowledged that fact, and that you are trying to put a good spin on this, but it really sucks. If you reverse the order of the bonus AD rewards from invoking (largest first) you will put a lot more AD into the hands of the people who actually need it.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I've got mixed opinions on many of these tweaks and fixes, but this post isn't about that.

It's about a sudden, overnight change to one of my characters.

Seems I've gone grey quite quickly. Hoping it's temporary, meantime I s'pose I;m off to get some Just-for-Dwarves.

Post edited by tagnusironsord on
  • tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I've got some mixed opinions on the new changes and tweaks, but that's not what I'm here about.

Seems a sudden change has come over one of my characters. Overnight, I've gone grey. Not too happy about it.

photo Tagnus-03-08-15_zpsce7vdojz.jpg photo Tagnus-08-16-16_zps4xys580y.jpg

So, guess I'm off to get some Just-for-Dwarves.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

emilemo said:

Please, please dont leave sw and hr like this, read the sugestion/feedback thread till the end there are very important aspects/bugs that need a fix.

emilemo said:

Enjoy free 15000 glory per day; GG cryptic.

Please elaborate on this
    1 win= 60 seals of truiumph, 60*250 chache of glory = 15k glory, 15k of glory = 5 rings = 15k ad.
    Well for those like me it wont turn out that way because I will need those seals for the actual armor. The salvage game will be played by the top pvp guilds who go into full, bis, pug-hunting, premades.. Nothing new here
    You forgot about Alts.
    Alts? Alts dont get seals, only 1 win per day per account gives seals as far as i know
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

sangrine said:

Who ever worked on the new login screen deserves a big fat raise!
    It's beautiful and feels very D&D. Thank you!

+10
    +10 from me too. Much better now
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    emilemo said:

emilemo said:

Please, please dont leave sw and hr like this, read the sugestion/feedback thread till the end there are very important aspects/bugs that need a fix.

emilemo said:

Enjoy free 15000 glory per day; GG cryptic.

Please elaborate on this
    1 win= 60 seals of truiumph, 60*250 chache of glory = 15k glory, 15k of glory = 5 rings = 15k ad.
    Well for those like me it wont turn out that way because I will need those seals for the actual armor. The salvage game will be played by the top pvp guilds who go into full, bis, pug-hunting, premades.. Nothing new here
    You forgot about Alts.
    Alts? Alts dont get seals, only 1 win per day per account gives seals as far as i know
    You are wrong. 60 seals per day per win per character.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Why bother asking for feedback when it is obvious you have chosen to ignore most of it the term "lip service" comes to mind. (Verbal expression of agreement or allegiance, unsupported by real conviction or action; hypocritical respect.) You are moving away from a collaborative community to a tighter corporate model which is sad as this game had a lot of potential.

If I might point out with the removal of the AD invocation you have effectively removed the reason for players to buy more character slots forcing them to play each character for a period of their available gaming time equalling lost revenue. I think that decision is short sighted all you had to do was limited the transfer rate between characters within the account. Instead you wasted time and expense in implementing a new invocation system as well as garnered the ire of your long term client base. Loss of good will is a line item and a cost you folks have failed to include in your calculations. Not good business decision making someone crunched numbers without using their soft-skill set and common sense....just a observation from a old software development manager. Also "nerfing" some but not all characters introduces conflict within the community model you should never make changes to just a few classes but a rolling iterative change to all characters you fellows need a more focused Agile Requirements Change Management model you seem to be all over the place which happens when you separate new development from main software management take a look at Disciplined Agile 2.X for a process decision framework. But like I said just a observation.

I use character slots for other characters that I you know, actually play, like some other people. Sometimes, during the winter festival for example I benefit a lot due to the number of toons I have, but I would happily accept a change like this that removes botted AD from the economy, it just means that stuff will be cheaper for those of us who don't.
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev Could you please look why the reworked classes SW/GF/HR didn't got a free respec token? It always happened to others before which got their class reworked, but why not us this time?
    GRAVITY X GAME
    @strumslinger i noticed a bug today and i did send in a ticket but gonna say it here. as i was riding on my mount i noticed a buff was missing and i was getting attacked which never happens cause of my buff. when i got dismounted and nearly died using my hr stealth to hide i tried to figure out what happened. i noticed while moving i have a ring of ambush buff but when i got on my mount i noticed i didn't have it.

this bug really needs to be fixed as i love my ring of ambush and getting hit and dismount while moving should not be happening; the ring of ambush puts you in stealth and it works mounted or dismount. unless you changed every ring in the game so it doesn't work while mount.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

@strumslinger i noticed a bug today and i did send in a ticket but gonna say it here. as i was riding on my mount i noticed a buff was missing and i was getting attacked which never happens cause of my buff. when i got dismounted and nearly died using my hr stealth to hide i tried to figure out what happened. i noticed while moving i have a ring of ambush buff but when i got on my mount i noticed i didn't have it.

this bug really needs to be fixed as i love my ring of ambush and getting hit and dismount while moving should not be happening; the ring of ambush puts you in stealth and it works mounted or dismount. unless you changed every ring in the game so it doesn't work while mount.

Its not a bug, its documented in the patch notes. It is a fix for a bug. Ambush rings no longer work while mounted.
  • huldushuldus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    for sure i've to play my gf for some time before i can say something about the new class balance, but i feel like steel defense nerf will make players choice about build even more limited. I started (almost 2 years ago) with an iron vanguard tactician GF before respecting it to a swordmaster conqueror and of course a great part of my build (tanking) is based on steel defense I realy hope 3,5 sec will be enough :wink:
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    None of my character did get free Respect Token (I got one character of each class, including GF, HR, SW). After class rebalance we should be granted a free respec.
    New zone - Bryn Shander and it's blizzard effect is too bright and it's hurting eyes. Many guildmates coplained about it, got headaches and needed to take break after 15min of gameplay. There is something wrong here.
    Guard Duty quest (finding doors), it's bugged. At least one of the doors are outside of blue circle indicating quest location. Combine it with blizzard effect and it's one of the most annying thing in a game.

Bugs:
    SW Soul Sparks are bugged with some SW feats/powers. Don't know which ones exactly, but few SWs players complained.
    Dwarven beards went white (my friends character got black one b4), might be dwarves getting older...

Post edited by izwor on
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    @jtfab... You want to 'play' a 'game' without playing it? What does it matter if you make a 100 million but never have any fun with that. Anyways, you mumbling won't change anything. They probably spent hundreds of hours deciding that and it was a decision made right.
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    The new login screen... Isn't this supposed to be 'Neverwinter'? But the WHOLE game is now winter? :p
    FrozenFire
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2016

i agree with removing AD from invoking but blue rings nerf is too big, it should be halved at least. You want less Ad in economy? But look at rubies and wards prices, they are insane already. you need rethink whole thing

if you play your characters you spend bonus on dungeons and skirmishes and cant use it for salvage .....

or you want salvage armies in the game?
    Post edited by vinceent1 on
    edited August 2016

That is not a bug, it is a nerf. It is in the notes.

That is not a bug, it is a nerf. It is in the notes.
    might be the worst nerf ever. well guys get rid of your rings that require movement. i loved using ambush ring to do my quests easily and now i am getting dismounted way too much. worked really hard to get my ring of ambush spent over 50 runs of edemo to get it.
    like cold steel hurricane nerf another thing i am not using; gonna make a list now for stuff i am not using and if the list hits 20 items ill play this 15 hours less

rings requiring movement don't have their effects work while dodging. can we at least let the ring work while dodging?
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User

You guys really need to make being able to gear up in this game MUCH faster. 3.1 is way too high for the majority of people just because of the stupid long amounts of time it takes to get your IL up. Everything just costs way too much and takes way too long now.

You speak the truth, +1
  • joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    So where in the patch notes dose it say how do you actually get your ad now? I have played for about 2 hours invoked 3 times. when if ever will I get the ad? my char has 63 ad, and a bags full of green items I cant buy scrolls, I cant use them on my gear to upgrade with out buying scrolls, but I cant buy scrolls because I don't have ad, I cant get ad because I'm doing quest and just getting coins and xp. so with limited bag space, no ad to buy scrolls, instead of using items to improve gear I am being forced to waste it by having to sell it or not even pick items up, now how in the heck can I get the ad's? notes only says they changed invoking and ad bonus but not how in the heck or when you actually get your ad!?!?! what in the blank is wrong with people??? take it away tell you why but don't tell you how else to get it, unless I'm freeking blind
    edited August 2016

So where in the patch notes dose it say how do you actually get your ad now? I have played for about 2 hours invoked 3 times. when if ever will I get the ad? my char has 63 ad, and a bags full of green items I cant buy scrolls, I cant use them on my gear to upgrade with out buying scrolls, but I cant buy scrolls because I don't have ad, I cant get ad because I'm doing quest and just getting coins and xp. so with limited bag space, no ad to buy scrolls, instead of using items to improve gear I am being forced to waste it by having to sell it or not even pick items up, now how in the heck can I get the ad's? notes only says they changed invoking and ad bonus but not how in the heck or when you actually get your ad!?!?! what in the blank is wrong with people??? take it away tell you why but don't tell you how else to get it, unless I'm freeking blind

hey find me in game ill help you out @genjundead search that in teh find person for social or quote me you @handle and ill find you
    you can also mail me in game saying hi i need help @joehighland1
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    reposterz said:

You guys really need to make being able to gear up in this game MUCH faster. 3.1 is way too high for the majority of people just because of the stupid long amounts of time it takes to get your IL up. Everything just costs way too much and takes way too long now.

You speak the truth, +1
    +1
    More challenging content was definitely needed...Why allow toons to get to 4k+IL if at 2.5kIL you can be perfectly bored with all the content there is. But it´s a long way from there to 3.1k IL ... the refinement madness alone...even leveling artifacts is tedious now (4-5 times more costly than before!!!!). And to those who have leveled their artifacts to mythic in better times...congrats! Good for you - buying cheap 99stacks from bots...but don´t tell players who have not to stop whining...it´s ridiculous.

Suggestion:
    1. dungeons and skirmishes to be unlocked at 2.7 and 2.9k IL (there´s a huge gap there)
    2. later dungeons at 3.5kIL and higher - this is of course only reasonable if you seriously do something to make progression WAY easier... I don´t care how - there are many ways - but it´s necessary. Everyone - of course, also players with BIS toons- will benefit. You think there´ll ever be 3.5kIL+ dungeons if it takes a new regular player years to get there and most just quit in exasperation after doing the math? So...less painful progression with more perks (dungeons/skirmishes) to be unlocked along the way...I don´t see why that wouldn´t be totally awesome:)

reposterz said:

You speak the truth, +1
    +1
    More challenging content was definitely needed...Why allow toons to get to 4k+IL if at 2.5kIL you can be perfectly bored with all the content there is. But it´s a long way from there to 3.1k IL ... the refinement madness alone...even leveling artifacts is tedious now (4-5 times more costly than before!!!!). And to those who have leveled their artifacts to mythic in better times...congrats! Good for you - buying cheap 99stacks from bots...but don´t tell players who have not to stop whining...it´s ridiculous.

Suggestion:
    1. dungeons and skirmishes to be unlocked at 2.7 and 2.9k IL (there´s a huge gap there)
    2. later dungeons at 3.5kIL and higher - this is of course only reasonable if you seriously do something to make progression WAY easier... I don´t care how - there are many ways - but it´s necessary. Everyone - of course, also players with BIS toons- will benefit. You think there´ll ever be 3.5kIL+ dungeons if it takes a new regular player years to get there and most just quit in exasperation after doing the math? So...less painful progression with more perks (dungeons/skirmishes) to be unlocked along the way...I don´t see why that wouldn´t be totally awesome:)
    we need more challenging content cause so far day 2 of the new mod and trying out the new zone its easy. love the visuals but the content so far is easy.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    "Castle Never: Orcus name is no longer visible while he is flying".

Orcus has not appreciated the change and he refused to fly. Greetings from Castel Never (loving the first screenshot)

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
This discussion has been closed.