What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class Balance: Scourge Warlock

Comments

• Options
    khagarothkhagaroth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    nap1985 said:

Creeping death ... Seems overpowered to me. Any other feat tree of any other class offer a straight 60% damage boost?

Not really overpowered. SW base damage is way too low (for anything >70, until then it's OK), so this basically only levels things a bit. But the class is still broken, because it was built around life steel and you know what happened to life steal. Any changes without a fix for life steal mechanic are completely useless, because even a 100times higher damage is useless if you get one-shotted by the first mob you encounter.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    dingrong said:

dingrong said:

and NO , this is what i call below average .. useless is temptation :) pls read my post carefully

You are a special little snowflake aren't you. In case you weren't aware, in mod 10, GOOD SWs are actually seeing their performance improved in PVE, whilst only poor ones are seeing a DPS loss. Why was that slower than a run on live? Because ITF was nerfed. However, a run with a GWF or any other DPS probably won't be any faster.
    you are a bit confused and missing point ..
    who said anything about slow or fast run??

to make it simple:
    i am saying that GOOD fury SW compared to GOOD GWF in mod 10 will have 1:2 ratio DMG ..

GOOD damnation SW compared to GOOD GWF will have 1:3 ratio

and GOOD temptation SW compared to GOOD GWF will have 1:10 ratio and will heal a SILLY (USELESS) amount of HP

all in all , mod 10 will result in 90% SW switching to SB-fury all 5 other buildes will be neglected
    You are wrong, a good SW will keep up with a good GWF and bad ones (like you it seems like) will be left behind. You can keep living in your fairytale world though and I will keep clearing dungeons quickly, with good groups and not QQing about things that I discovered via testing rather than making up BS by reading the patchnotes and not actually going to any effort to work stuff out through practise.
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    dingrong said:

well , i am not wrong , this is five 4 000+ ITEM LEVEL caracters - buffing GF,buffing DC, buffing CW-and 2 SW doing 2000 ITEM LEVEL dungeon ...
    This video proves that SW does more dmg then GF,DC and buffing CW

So, u made SW promote video , (BRAVO , clap,clap,clap)

put in 4k GWF instead of one of those SW and then post it :)
    And , even better , put HELLBRINGER SW vs GWF and post it on youtube , so we all can have a good laugh...

And the fact that devs needed 1 YEAR+ to fix major bug(puppet x10 dmg in t2 dung) still stands, so i must repeat that sad truth

cmon, hop on your gwf and we can try :D

I don't know where you got your 70% TT nerf (have you actually tried it?) but ok, I believe you know better :D

https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    70%? well , u get 50% nerf in the start(from 40% to 20%) .. further u cant cast it 2x or 3x so there is more, you cant RECAST it when target dies , and u can not cast it before the fight , so there is even more .. 70% is probably underassessment

i dont have GWF, i am SW player , but we can see in a month what will ratio in GWF-SW dmg will be like(i realy hope i am wrong)

and for thefabricant :: do you have Damnation SB SW and you will switch to fury SB SW in mod 10? Yes?
    well , 90% of people will do the same .. i think THAT is bad balancing and bad work by developers .. you can go and defend them , but they have proven over and over that game is badly neglected ..
    P.S. and pls dont take my notes personaly
    (except if you are one of the developers)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    dingrong said:

70%? well , u get 50% nerf in the start(from 40% to 20%) .. further u cant cast it 2x or 3x so there is more, you cant RECAST it when target dies , and u can not cast it before the fight , so there is even more .. 70% is probably underassessment

i dont have GWF, i am SW player , but we can see in a month what will ratio in GWF-SW dmg will be like(i realy hope i am wrong)

and for thefabricant :: do you have Damnation SB SW and you will switch to fury SB SW in mod 10? Yes?
    well , 90% of people will do the same .. i think THAT is bad balancing and bad work by developers .. you can go and defend them , but they have proven over and over that game is badly neglected ..

Well, you get it all wrong.
    1. Check with combat logs/ACT how high is nerf to TT damage (I'm talking here about effectiveness and damage increase).
    2. We don't know how TT's damage spread will act... because it's broken now.
    3. I hardly ever cast TT on more than 1 target. My damage is high enough to kill everything around (without MF bug) and now that damage is increased.
    4. I agree, that recasting stuff will be a noticeable nerf. For example, after 1st boss in CN I could kill every pack of mobs with one TT recasted 4-5 times. Well, but it's more tactical change than can be adjusted.
    5. thefabricant is CW (well, you could get that from he's footer) but - yes, most damnation sw will switch to fury because of FIXING A BUG.

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    fernuu said:

yes, most damnation sw will switch to fury because of FIXING A BUG.

Assuming that most people who play SW want to be PvE DPSers, true dat. It's not wrong for people who want to DPS on their warlock to spec Fury.

While the devs want other paths to be viable, they do have separated roles, and while the Temptation rework can't be accomplished in this round of changes, fixing that requires making it into a viable healer.

Likewise, Damnation might end up being a niche build that mostly appeals to players trying to emulate a summoner or wanting some extra protection as more of a solo player (my main reason for playing my crummy warlock as Damnation since EE). As long as it's functional for the people who like playing it, it doesn't need to do *as much* damage as Fury. That's not what it's meant to do.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Yeah, you're right. And damnation's puppet still do noticeable damage. It's just not 3 shotting bosses anymore :)

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    most damnation sw will switch to fury because of FIXING A BUG.

I am sorry , but am i only person who thinks that fixing a bug after ONE YEAR is not normal?
    After one year i would be to ashamed to confess that

they fixed bug now , but balance is still WAY OFF .. if they needed ONE YEAR to repair OP puppet , proper balance between classes, powers and within classes will probably be in TEN YEARS or NEWER(more likely)

• Options
    Look how long it took to fix lostmauth.
    Look why there are only GWF destroyers.
    Look at... damn, stop whining.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    dingrong said:

No, I do not have a damnation SW, I have a fury SW that is admittedly not very well geared because I used to play temptation SB in mod 5 and then it became irrelevant.
  • Options
    duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    In the slim hope of helping devs I'll provide my comparative analysis of MOD10 impact on Temptation Scrouge Warlocks in short 'Templock'.

First an introduction of Templock history ( sort of )
    • It has been selled to players as a VAMPIRE sharing part of spilled blood to his party, 'bon appétit' !
    • It has suffered most against the blazing "light" of LifeSteal reduction, to the point where self healing with it isn't viable even as an healer class. --> HAHAHAHAHA ! Sorry it wasn't a joke ...
    • Having to suffer heavily, SW players still willing to go had no other choice to search every bit of heal and dammage possible --> Hungry people steal, then cornered SW/players exploit ...
    • After some time, Templock builds stabilized to be SoulBinder only. Why ? because of the self heal provided by [Borrowed Time], a Feature providing by far the first source of self healing ... For a healer. --> HAHAHAHAHA ! Sorry it still isn't a joke ...
    • Then come "MOD10" saying it will fix SW ! The heart of Templock beat one ( instead of skipping one as we are undead ). But then it's said "Temptation still needs love" and "I don't even have a concrete timeline". And changes concern main exploits of other SW branches. --> At least we didn't have heal exploit to be sexily stripped off. We can go back to our coffins ...
    • I need to find ONE good point ... Templock can be fast ! But for Best-In-Score PvP build. --> Great that's ~0.2% of Templock players. Seriously I want a cookie to not to cry ...

I still went to test those changes on bloody beasts with my glossy 2.4k Templock. I roughtly got
    • +5/20% dammage --> That seem great and huge. But it won't be even close to give me the next seat in ranking and it can only give me one chance to not be insta killed by a group of 4 Redcap Powries.
    • +0.5/1.5 % heal --> HOLLY HAMSTER ! THAT'S SO MUTCH I CAN INSTA HEAL A NASHER WITH A DAILY !

To summarize
    • MOD10 SW rework = Globally and openly admitted as useless for Templock, it's not as if it was the SW branch who needed it. --> HAHAHahahaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggg is was !
    • Give me a real vampire, not some crappy warlock beginning in blood magic AND beginning in healing ! Something FUN to play, like losing health when not bathed in blood and losing mind when bathed in ! Even a hellish gameplay like that will be a FUN piece of cake for Templock.

Conclusion :'(
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Sw balancing ain't done yet, there are still a lot more changes coming.
  • Options
    well , i certainly aint going to praise them for slowness , BUT i read some good stuff for HB SW now .. lets hope whining(constructive one) will bring us more good stuf
  • Options
    xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I have a 2145 il sb fury. By rework notes the fury will be buffed for lower level players. Creeping death hits on almost everything. High crit and All consuming curse. Fiery Bolt: Damage increased ~33%.
    •Feat: Creeping Death: Can now proc when hitting a target affected by any of your Curses, instead of just Warlock's Curse and Tyrannical Curse. This means Lesser Curses and Warlock's Bargain will now enable Creeping Death.
    •Feat: Creeping Death: Instead of triggering off any necrotic damage dealt by you, this Feat now triggers off of any damage dealt by your At-Will, Encounter, and Daily powers. This means more powers now work with this (powers that deal Fire damage, such as Hellish Rebuke, Killing Flames, and Immolation Spirits), but certain triggers from Class Features and other Feats will no longer proc small amounts of damage (for example, it no longer procs from Deadly Curse, Critical Promise, or
    Harrowstorm: Damage increased ~50%.
    Curse then harrowstorm, deadtheft, followed by fiery bolt.
    to me looks like a Creeping Death party.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Holy whackamole Strum, you guys actually took some of my ideas from my original post !

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/556181/the-complete-warlock-thread-suggestions-bugs-feedback-considerations-and-more

I'm impressed. And I'm also redownloading the game as we speak.

Big thanks to the team
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Yeah, I recant my statement about fury being overpowered with theses changes. Survivability will be nice, and is desperately needed, but I guess the only fury damage output getting boosted is aoe damage. Single target with fury is decent, but still lags behind my other classes at similar item levels, CW and TR. SW will still be the last choice of those 3 I would want to bring to a dungeon group, seems to have the least to contribute. Lower damage and harder to keep alive. Although, the dreadtheft changes do look very nice, and that might help with both single target and aoe.
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Are there anymore changes to be tested for the SW rebalancing in preview? Are the latest notes the final change and confirmation of the SW rebalanceing?

I hope the rebalancing makes the PVP and PVE Hellbringer paragon still worth it, Soulbinder is very annoying to face off in PVP, but my Item level is 2200+ so I still have some upgrading to make to my SW account before I can consider myself ready to face anything in the game.

Please remember that the game should consider people who play for free and do not spend money, do not turn this into a Pay to win game, it truly is sorry if it becomes that state.
  • Options
    zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    From my point of view and on paper this sounds very good! My main char. is SW SB damn.
    Dont know if you saw this http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210015/two-more-sw-powers-that-dont-proc-weapon-enchantments
  • Options
    allanondallanond Member Posts: 15 Arc User

mykael31 said:

Stop changing the classes and the game would be good you mess it up by trying to balanced the classes and destroy some of them in the process like I'm pretty sure your about to do to the gf.

When I saw the original notice about the 3 classes, that was my gut reaction as well - ah no, here we go again - the gf will get the same treatment as the paladin got.

But, both the HR and SW posts have seemed pretty even handed. Yes, they are nerfing one or two heavily overused (exploited) powers, but in return they are seriously buffing other powers to give players more feasible ways to play a given class.

It probably means they will nerf some of the group buff powers of the GF - ITF, KC, etc. But I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they give back in return. It could make my GF more fun to play.
    What serious buff has been given to SW? To the skills that are still underpowered and wont get used? And "nerf" means it still works, in it's present state TT DOES NOT WORK. And even with the one's that exploited the hadar grasp + killing flame bug, they still have a hard time keeping up with gwf's who isn't being nerfed?

• Options
    allanond said:

mykael31 said:

Stop changing the classes and the game would be good you mess it up by trying to balanced the classes and destroy some of them in the process like I'm pretty sure your about to do to the gf.

When I saw the original notice about the 3 classes, that was my gut reaction as well - ah no, here we go again - the gf will get the same treatment as the paladin got.

But, both the HR and SW posts have seemed pretty even handed. Yes, they are nerfing one or two heavily overused (exploited) powers, but in return they are seriously buffing other powers to give players more feasible ways to play a given class.

It probably means they will nerf some of the group buff powers of the GF - ITF, KC, etc. But I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they give back in return. It could make my GF more fun to play.
    What serious buff has been given to SW? To the skills that are still underpowered and wont get used? And "nerf" means it still works, in it's present state TT DOES NOT WORK. And even with the one's that exploited the hadar grasp + killing flame bug, they still have a hard time keeping up with gwf's who isn't being nerfed?

Fixed cooldowns, faster encounters, some flat damage increase on some, more or less, useful encounters.
    Executioner's Gift rework, Creeping Death procing from all attacks. Minor tweak on rest of feats.
    Should I go on?

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    fusch666fusch666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thyranical thread multiplication is my main weapon. Its hard to get it setup right before others have killed the targets in low lvl and still takes ages to kill a target in high lvl fights.

Its the cumulation of all and the dmg from the puppet that makes the endscore, its not visible on the main target, compared to a gwf. Only with lots of distraction and time i can make damage.

Who reported the "bug" - is there a bugreport on this?
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    Scourge Warlock: Prince of Hell: No longer increases your Armor Penetration stat by 10%. Instead, directly increases your Resistance Ignored and Life Steal Chance by 5%, plus 1% per rank.
    Can we have the old effect?
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    fernuu said:

allanond said:

mykael31 said:

Fixed cooldowns, faster encounters, some flat damage increase on some, more or less, useful encounters.
    Executioner's Gift rework, Creeping Death procing from all attacks. Minor tweak on rest of feats.
    Should I go on?
    And yet he still have the same problem, where are the Critical chance boost needed to make all that work?
  • Options
    spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    All this maths is giving me a headache. I don't understand the mechanics of my Warlock. All I know is I currently love playing my warlock and I don't want her to be tinkered with, tweaked, balanced or nerfed! It has taken a lot of hard work, persistence, frustration, time and a considerable amount of AD to get my warlock to the point where I enjoy playing her. It has been hard work getting to this point. Constantly getting one-shotted. Being out DPS'ed by much lower geared classes. Struggling to get through content solo - which was often easy for other classes. It's not easy being a tank in dungeons (which I have had to be) when you have no survivability. I never PvP as I know I will get my butt kicked by the GFs or other classes even with the gear I have which I have grinded and worked hard to get - we have to work so much harder than most. But with all the foibles and inconsistencies of the class, my warlock is still my favourite to play. And now, in your infinite wisdom, you cryptic people have decided that the class is 'unbalanced' and OP and needs a nerf. Have ANY of you devs made a warlock from scratch , grinded and worked hard, not built it with tons of cash, learnt the rotations, learned how to dodge and weave to try and survive, dealt with constantly being one-shotted or being chased by shadow demons that lock on and won't let go, being pummelled by a lower level GWF? I have finally got my warlock to the position in-game where I have confidence that I can do decent DPS and survive most dungeons. Although icewind Dale is still hateful as the trolls kill me or the hammerers hammer me and it takes twice as long for me to complete anything there than anyone else. And now you are going to nerf me. Really? So it's not been a hard enough struggle to get my warlock even half-decent, you're going to make it even harder. I don't want to respec or rebuild or relearn my rotations or change my gameplay. It's been tough enough as it is without doing it all over. I will wait until the inevitable moment of doom comes when you kill my Warlock. Then that's it. I am out. If I can't play my Warlock I can't play. Simple.
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I have a friendly advice mate. Copy your sw to preview server and test it. Things gonna be lot better for us :smile:
  • Options
    nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    So I've played around with Fury a little on test server, I'm fury on live as well, and it's....slightly better. Using all 3 encounters with the updated defensive tweaks (Dreadtheft, Blades of Vanquished, Infernal Spheres) made questing in WoD much easier...or at least safer. Didnt really see a noticeable difference in the rate that I would kill mobs, regardless of the abilities I was using, but I see there's a second round of buffs coming for many abilties, some of them significant, So I suppose I'll try again when those go live. Overall impression so far for fury...still feel much weaker than my other classes, and see no real benefit to bringing my SW to a dungeon over my CW or TR.

Idea: Make Dreadtheft fire and forget like Blades of vanquish. Still require aiming/adjusting to hit mobs, but allow other abilties to be cast while it's firing. This wont be a huge damage increase at all, but would help every SW spec, and I think they all need some love.
  • Options
    khagarothkhagaroth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    nap1985 said:

Idea: Make Dreadtheft fire and forget like Blades of vanquish. Still require aiming/adjusting to hit mobs, but allow other abilties to be cast while it's firing. This wont be a huge damage increase at all, but would help every SW spec, and I think they all need some love.

Considering how screwed up DT is once the initial target dies, I shudder just imagining how this would (or rather wouldn't) work.

• Options
    theraphotherapho Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Has anyone found a build and rotation for Hellbringer Fury that has proven successful? Right now I'm seeing about 75k DPS for damnation soulbinder and 50k DPS for Hellbringer fury against 3 combat dummies.
    Therapho Sidae
    Are you having a Relapse?