test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masterwork gear outdated?

How can everyone who spent millions of AD and huge amount of time farming and leveling masterwork, compete with the new gear that cost less?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Comments

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    So, new armor for all classes or just some?
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Enjoy

I see Tenacity Armor Sets for Trade Bars

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    That looks pretty good for those that don't have Lionsmane, might gear up an alt with that after all...
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

It is MW gear costs that are too high, not new gear being too cheap. Blame capitalism.

The MW gear cost is high because it cost millions of millions to unlock them.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    This is a change that the vast majority of people have been asking for. PvP gear that doesn't require getting farmed in PvP matches to aquire. As for the masterwork question, I am pretty sure at 4 mil a pop that armor wasn't even being considered by 99% of the population.

Masterwork has been around a long time and profit was nice on it. This is a very good change that will only increase participation in pvp
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

The prices were set by a sort of cartel of whales from the beginning. I do not think the devs intended MWs to be only for the few. The blogs mentioned that they thought prices would go down a lot as time went on, they never did.

I think this is likely in part because people who didn't jump on masterwork when it first came out never bothered, with initial reports of it being costly and excessively grindy.

Also, lots of us still can't do it even if we wanted.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    and also you still have the rings and the stronghold weapons to craft and they are top choices. BUT yes either they need to add to empower the new gear through masterwork or new armors and weapons crafting only trhough masterwork.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

The prices were set by a sort of cartel of whales from the beginning. I do not think the devs intended MWs to be only for the few. The blogs mentioned that they thought prices would go down a lot as time went on, they never did.

Prices are much decreased for masterwork items since launch. Do you remember 2 mil duelist rings? then they were 1.5 mil then 1.1 mil, now they are like 700-800k each. prices are dropping.

Your cartel of whales were the only people who were interested in doing masterworks at the time. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have masterwork prices this low already since many people who have MW done now would still be struggling to finish it on their own instead of having cheap AH prices on items that they can just buy and feed into their own MW quests
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    i dont understand why poeple called whales created their guilds with explorer boon................... THEY did a smart move thats all.My guild did a big mistake to not create that boon and got instead lifesteal like we need lifesteal at all;p MAsterwork failed because i think people didnt want to cooperate to achieve it. HOW hard is a guild to craft even at 20% if they work together? IS not but the ego is bigger factor.
    Anyone got some info on new PvE gear?
  • dsotm#2293 dsotm Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    New gears sets are not really better than actuals. It's 140 ( maybe 142-145 if Black Ice craft ? ) IL gear with equivalent stats and slightly different bonus sets.

New pvp gear sets are more easy access and it's a good point since Siege is dead and MW gears are controlled by Neverwinter's Pablos Escobars.

New pve gear sets are just like giant-mod versions of Demon-mod Drow and Dusk, they replace Alliance Sets for stat combinations i think.

With a blablaFrost mechanism like Black Ice in mod 3. Bad idea.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Intended or not masterwork is grindy bs. Profitable maybe yes but still bs. Some items with 60% success rate in mind require up to 200 tasks completed if y craft from basic node materials. 300+ task for some chest pieces. But before that y have to complete the quests for several professions cause lots of stuff require alchemy materials for example. Prices are getting lower & lower as more ppl get masterwork done and as was said before its easier if y have explorer boon & cooperate within your guild and craft for the guild. In theory with legendary assets y can achieve 100% since even with 75% y fail way more often that y should. Atm 2 legendary assets on ah so they seem to be more rare than any other items in game. Grinding still remains. Not to mention the armor/rings/weapons aren't that awesome after all the efforts. As one my friend joke masterwork is the only challenge remained in game xD
    krymkac said:

Intended or not masterwork is grindy bs. Profitable maybe yes but still bs. Some items with 60% success rate in mind require up to 200 tasks completed if y craft from basic node materials. 300+ task for some chest pieces. But before that y have to complete the quests for several professions cause lots of stuff require alchemy materials for example. Prices are getting lower & lower as more ppl get masterwork done and as was said before its easier if y have explorer boon & cooperate within your guild and craft for the guild. In theory with legendary assets y can achieve 100% since even with 75% y fail way more often that y should. Atm 2 legendary assets on ah so they seem to be more rare than any other items in game. Grinding still remains. Not to mention the armor/rings/weapons aren't that awesome after all the efforts. As one my friend joke masterwork is the only challenge remained in game xD

OLDER mastercrafters allowed new one to have masterwork. I mean why they sold progression like concentrated aqua regia
    and they didnt offer rings-armors-weapons for sale instead? I made 6 professions because you sold me and i can admit very cheap the materials vs the time you wasted to gather them;p SO you believe it or not i made 6 professions alone with cost 8m;p not even close to a legendary mount. NOW i sell progression but i will not complain if someone new make them because is my fault:)
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Masterwork was a bad idea from the start. Putting new profession items that are marginally better than gear earned in game behind a huge grind/pay wall is never a good idea, especially when new mods are constantly being released that will eventually make these obsolete. They should have just added 5 new profession levels and new purple items necessary to craft that can be obtained via boxes or as drops and been done with it.
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    I was very interested in Masterwork professions in the beginning. First in my guild to finish the first quest and get the purple asset(yes it was purple at the time yet offered no crafting bonus). I had no Gond Forgehammer and dismissed it pursuing it almost immediately.

I like that it was exclusive and you really needed a strong desire(and open pocketbook) to complete it. It was just a bit too exclusive.
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Here is a side by side comparison of Elemental Dragonflight, Umbral and the new Shadewalker (at tier 2, it will be stronger at tier 3)

As you can see the new Relic Armor stats, although different than Umbral, will indeed be higher (at tier 3). Combined with the added benefit of EF Resist I see no reason to consider investing in the heavy cost of Umbral.

If the cost and tedium of Masterwork Professions was not so overwhelming I could very easily see a combination of Relic and Umbral to be ideal. When you consider the cost its easy to see that 90% or more of the playerbase will consider Relic or Relic/Ele-DF Combo to be the clear choice.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    you will miss out on a lot of crit with the relic set over master works though
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User

you will miss out on a lot of crit with the relic set over master works though

With the new bonding mechanics and bites gear it will be moot.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
    edited August 2016
    i want to add the insult making wizard gear samite. FOR other classes if you fail the item the returning tier 2 result is at least 50% of the progress. WHILE on cw you use 2 samite 2 cashmere 1 gold ingot for samite raid cap and if you fail you get back 1 cashmere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

2 samite are 4 gold wires = 8 gold ingot and you give me back a single cashmere if i fail hhahaha .