Options

general difficulty of all dungeons

12346»

Comments

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    isab said:

tom#6998 said:

Isab question for you: do you only watch 1 Movie at TV. Everyday everytime only the same Movie. I guess not cause its getting borring after second third fourth or whatever time you watch it.
    So why you want to force us players to only do 1 dungeon all the time. Seems kinda boring for me.

I do not, but here is the difference between your terrible analogy and what the whiners are saying: I do not make the claim that I want 1 type of movie, which I claim that I am only interested into and then proceed to watch every genre out there. That's called pushing your agenda and, quite frankly, being a liar.

What I am denouncing is the dissonance between what many of you claim to want and what you do. You claim to want difficulty and then proceed to do everything in your power to take decisions which effectively makes the content as easy as possible. There is a certain level of hypocrisy in that.

Do you ever demand a certain i.lvl, in a group, that is above what's honestly needed to run it?
    Are you ever biased toward group composition in terms of classes?
    Do you run content that is FAR easier than what you could because it is simply more rewarding to do so?
    Do you avoid running "tougher" content because it offers little incentive in terms of rewards?

If you answered yes to any of those, then please stop with the hypocrisy--you don't really care about difficulty, you just want attention.
    Thanks boss for telling us how to play or what to think.

Bc I dont run the 'most difficult dungeon', that is not even difficult at all, all of the time, I am not allowed to complain.

Bc I dare to think, that there should be something like a reward for completing a dungeon and that said reward should be better for more difficult dungeons, I should not complain.

Bc I dont see a reward in 'beating challenging dungeons', that I completed hundreds of times and that are challenging, if you try to solo them, I am not allowed to ask for something that is really challenging.

I think the basic problem here is, that we are playing different games. Some ppl play a game, they played for years and they had the gear and skill to complete the game 'as it is' years ago. Others think this is new exiting and difficult.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    isab said:

tom#6998 said:

Isab question for you: do you only watch 1 Movie at TV. Everyday everytime only the same Movie. I guess not cause its getting borring after second third fourth or whatever time you watch it.
    So why you want to force us players to only do 1 dungeon all the time. Seems kinda boring for me.

I do not, but here is the difference between your terrible analogy and what the whiners are saying: I do not make the claim that I want 1 type of movie, which I claim that I am only interested into and then proceed to watch every genre out there. That's called pushing your agenda and, quite frankly, being a liar.

What I am denouncing is the dissonance between what many of you claim to want and what you do. You claim to want difficulty and then proceed to do everything in your power to take decisions which effectively makes the content as easy as possible. There is a certain level of hypocrisy in that.

Do you ever demand a certain i.lvl, in a group, that is above what's honestly needed to run it?
    Do you run content that is FAR easier than what you could because it is simply more rewarding to do so?
    Do you avoid running "tougher" content because it offers little incentive in terms of rewards?

If you answered yes to any of those, then please stop with the hypocrisy--you don't really care about difficulty, you just want attention.

We don't want content so easy you don't have to think and just queue randomly and know nothing about the game and end up carried by others (you know.. Pugging) We want content that REQUIRES you be smart and requires us to do the things you list as what INVALIDATES our desires to beat it.

The huge difference between people like us that want harder content and people like you (it seems) is that we don't want things just handed to us.. SOME of us actually want to be challenge to think deeper than copy/pasting what someone else figured out and being CARRIED by the good players... in other words.. some of us don't like to be Pugs... (or even run with them).

And we sure as h*ll don't want to have to NERF Ourselves to make the game interesting. Why should we have to do part of the Devs' just for them? Maybe you don't yet play on the level to know what I mean by Nerf ourselves.. maybe your everyday playing is nerfed and you make it through content anyways... so that's Normal for you... but.. I'm personally sick of having the ONLY thing challenge me in game be the stupidity of other players.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    isab there are no words to describe people like you ...
    im out
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    isab said:

tom#6998 said:

I think i kinda agree with you, in a way...
    The problem is , there is a synergy between classes, powers, feats, passives that stack with each other, and make all content easy, let me explain =
    Instance = My Op devo, with the transcendant feytouched and the encounter bane, decrease the hits of any mob/boss, of 48%, 18% feytouched, 30% bane).
    On my own, i make the difference, but not quite enough to put the whole party in a constant safety, BUT, if you add (for exemple), a DC or/and a GF, then, eveything gets easy enough for everyone, to just stand there, take the hits, and carry on.
    I ran CN earlier, with a DC, a GF and 2 other DPS, can't remember what classes :open_mouth: , and, got to orcus, we started fighting... There were so many debuff and buffs, that ALL our HP didnt even go down a little...
    If you calculate, i'm prettu sure Orcus's hit went down to almost 0.
    My point is, Orcus is easy, BUT, you need a specific group synergy, if you go with a DC and GF, average IL, more or less good players, then you might fail, but not because you aren't good or bad geared, but because the boss still hits hard compare to how much you can take, but add an OP, either devo or prot, or even another DC using different powers than the one already in party, then his buff/debuff/powers added to the ones running, will be enough to make Orcus deal so low damages, that it will become almost too easy.
    So the point is, CN is not too easy, it's just bad made, when a group with 3 support classes will find it too easy, a regular group, with a tank and a healer, will find it difficult, sometimes almost impossible.
    And there comes the IL, and when i say IL, i include everything (guild boons, mounts, companions etc) you don't realize guys, the MASSIVE gap between, low, average and high geared players, as i saw it somewhere else on another topic, it can go up to 1:20 or 1:30, depending on the class and players, so before saying dungeons are too easy, try run them with different type of groups and IL.