test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Un-Cooperative Guard

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)

The Guard behind the MasterCrafter can't be interacted with for the Send Aid quest. Everyplayer gets a different Random guards to talk to for this quest. This is the only one that doesn't work. :/

P.S. Mods can turn this into the Insect area once it returns. :*

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Insects got moved from tech support into their respective platforms.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Hey, if the specific guards are randomized, do they change if you drop and retake the quest?

And are the rewards worth trying to find a workaround?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Didn't get the memo on the topic moves.

Dropping the quest works. I did have to drop it twice as I got the same set of guards again. :)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    So yay, it's not just me! Cool.

I even did up my own image for it too. :-)

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    valwryn said:

Didn't get the memo on the topic moves.

No worries, it's not like anyone got issued a memo.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

If ye get this Guard at the Main Gate, next to the Master of Coin to interact with....then you're good. Otherwise drop the quest til ya see the diamond above his head. ;)

• kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Use "/interactincludevolume" command to interact with bugged guard.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    There are multiple bug report threads about this, though there are some useful posts here I don't think I've seen there.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    My experience just now:
    kacezet said:

This does nothing.
    valwryn said:

If ye get this Guard at the Main Gate, next to the Master of Coin to interact with....then you're good. Otherwise drop the quest til ya see the diamond above his head. ;)

This proved incorrect as well

For Cryptic: *slow clap*
    edited May 2016
    kvet said:

Then you're doing it wrong.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I have seen this too.

I have done the abandon quest.. and tried picking it back up again... sometimes you do have to do that a number of times... but it does reset the guard pattern...
    It's easier to do the /interactincludevolume chat command than to drop and retake the quest, honestly. Dropping the quest may still give you the bugged set many times in a row, but if you type the command correctly, it works immediately.

(You can also use it to pick up loot that's been thrown into a wall.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

kvet said:

Probably missing the guy up the stairs to the right hiding in the alcove.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

It's easier to do the /interactincludevolume chat command than to drop and retake the quest, honestly. Dropping the quest may still give you the bugged set many times in a row, but if you type the command correctly, it works immediately.

(You can also use it to pick up loot that's been thrown into a wall.)

thanks becky I'll try that next time :)
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I get the same thing. I abort and take it again, that gives you the new set of guards that you can interact with.
    i tried the interact chat command that was mentioned... this worked like a charm :)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

There are multiple bug report threads about this, though there are some useful posts here I don't think I've seen there.

Works great. Thanks.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Both solutions mentioned here work.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

kvet said:

Nope. the command didn't work at all for me. I've tried typing it all lower case, camel casing it, all caps, copy and pasting it from this thread exactly, I even tried it while standing on one leg with a chicken head in my other hand. Didn't do jack. But thanks for the nice response... appreciate the non-elitist community atmosphere you have there.

Anyway, retaking the quest works randomly (of course) though it had nothing to do with whether that one guard was lit. You just have to do it and hope you don't get stuck at 4/5...
  • jazzman#2455 jazzman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    kacezet said:

Interesting, will have to try it. One question I'm looking for confirmation on, I'm assuming that for this command to work, I would have to have my mouse cursor over the guard in question so that the system knew what I was trying to interact with, correct?

Maybe that's why people above were having issues if that is the case...
    edited May 2016

kacezet said:

Interesting, will have to try it. One question I'm looking for confirmation on, I'm assuming that for this command to work, I would have to have my mouse cursor over the guard in question so that the system knew what I was trying to interact with, correct?

Yes, you do. And since the guards all have an interaction bar, trying to move after using the command will interrupt the interaction. You should see the System Notify message in chat for the interruption, though; provided you're looking at a chat window that shows those messages, anyway.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Moved to Bug Reports (PC). (The forum merely got placed in the PC Category. Same with XBOX's.)

kacezet said:

The "includevolume" bit is telling the game to look around and "interact" with anything in the vicinity that should be eligible to interact with, even if you can't get your cursor quite on it.

@kvet You did type it without the quote marks, right? I mean, I know you know what you're doing, but it's really, really weird that you can't get this to work. I've typoed it a couple of times in a row due to the usual playing while trying not to fall asleep issues, but it really does work like a charm.

Neverwinter Census 2017