test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 Simple & Powerful Quality of Life Suggestions (strongholds, pvp/pve related)

josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
I mentioned this in another thread and want to reiterate it here.

2 suggestions to improve quality of life for PVE and PVP players:

(1) More ways to earn the daily limit of 400 influence (currently only from Stronghold HEs).

(1a) Consider PVP wins in Domination, GG, and siege the same as completing an HE in the stronghold. i.e. give up to 400 influence a day from this, but not in addition to the 400 influence gained from HEs. Just as another option. 5 wins in any of these 3 pvp formats provides 400 influence per day, in the same way that HEs currently do (150, 120, etc). I'd also suggest doubling the AD reward, but give no AD on a loss.

(1b) Consider T2 dungeon clears the same as completing an HE in stronghold. i.e. give up to 400 influence a day from this, but not in addition to the 400 influence gained from HEs. Just as another option. 5 t2 dungeon clears provides 400 influence per day, in the same way that HEs currently do (150, 120, etc).

Example: 1 domination win, 2 t2 dungeon clears, and 3 heroic encounters would reach the 400 influence daily cap currently associated with heroic encounters.

(2) Remove and replace glory and conquerer shards from stronghold building requirements. Then, add a glory vendor that allows players to exchange glory earned in pvp for vouchers that they can donate to their stronghold coffer.

This removes the obligatory pvp requirement put on PVE players in order to build their barracks, and simultaneously removes the obligatory pve requirement put on PVP players in order to build their stronghold.

@panderus @strumslinger
Pvpbysynergy.png
Iyon the Dark

Comments

• Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    +
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    hahahahah. let me guess, you are one of pvp guilds members and you want more reward for your easy win and zero reward for several attempts of non pvp member make, when they play a domination. obviously not gonna happening .... you should be ashamed for suggesting something like this
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User

I mentioned this in another thread and want to reiterate it here.

2 suggestions to improve quality of life for PVE and PVP players:

(1) More ways to earn the daily limit of 400 influence (currently only from Stronghold HEs).

(1a) Consider PVP wins in Domination, GG, and siege the same as completing an HE in the stronghold. i.e. give up to 400 influence a day from this, but not in addition to the 400 influence gained from HEs. Just as another option. 5 wins in any of these 3 pvp formats provides 400 influence per day, in the same way that HEs currently do (150, 120, etc). I'd also suggest doubling the AD reward, but give no AD on a loss.

(1b) Consider T2 dungeon clears the same as completing an HE in stronghold. i.e. give up to 400 influence a day from this, but not in addition to the 400 influence gained from HEs. Just as another option. 5 t2 dungeon clears provides 400 influence per day, in the same way that HEs currently do (150, 120, etc).

Example: 1 domination win, 2 t2 dungeon clears, and 3 heroic encounters would reach the 400 influence daily cap currently associated with heroic encounters.

(2) Remove and replace glory and conquerer shards from stronghold building requirements. Then, add a glory vendor that allows players to exchange glory earned in pvp for vouchers that they can donate to their stronghold coffer.

This removes the obligatory pvp requirement put on PVE players in order to build their barracks, and simultaneously removes the obligatory pve requirement put on PVP players in order to build their stronghold.

@panderus @strumslinger

++++++++++++++++++++

• Options
    vinceent1 said:

hahahahah. let me guess, you are one of pvp guilds members and you want more reward for your easy win and zero reward for several attempts of non pvp member make, when they play a domination. obviously not gonna happening .... you should be ashamed for suggesting something like this

Thanks for your contribution, vinceent. I'm only asking for more ways to (1) earn influence and (2) fill the guild coffer, ways that allow people to do the content they enjoy and don't force them to do things they dislike. These suggestions are meant as a simple win-win for all players and developers, so either I am misunderstanding your issue or you are misunderstanding the suggestions.

With regards to gating things in PVP behind winning: this already happens in PVE, and should happen in PVP as well. PVP is competitive, even PVP in a PVE-based game is still competitive. Gating behind a win also keeps out bots, afkers, and generally disinterested players. Increasing rewards for winning and decreasing the bots/afkers/disinterested should result in more competitive fights, which should be a desired outcome for any PVP player.

Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    +
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    julianalz55julianalz55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    + kaio ken x 10
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    lol PVP is only as competitive as wrestling match between a pro-sumo wrestler and middle-schooler right now.Yes there is some equal matches between big guild players but generally one side is fresh level 70 players while other side is premade full SH-boon and mount insignia bonus characters with lionsmane PVP gear and specially crafted PVPrings.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    megalol on this thread, your guild has meeting right now right?

only result will be you will have competitive matches eoa vs rebels several times day, when it pops and thats it. if this thread is serious, you are even more silly than i thought. is it worth it make balancing changes for around 40 people then? lol

i just wish pvp come into emergency mode, only solo que until population grow enough

maybe cryptic do nothing, but they dont do this for sure))))
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    dsn1118 said:

lol PVP is only as competitive as wrestling match between a pro-sumo wrestler and middle-schooler right now.Yes there is some equal matches between big guild players but generally one side is fresh level 70 players while other side is premade full SH-boon and mount insignia bonus characters with lionsmane PVP gear and specially crafted PVPrings.

Thanks for your contribution, dsn118. I agree - there is and has been a wide range of gear/skill/experience in pvp. Removing the requirement forced upon PVE players to PVP should narrow this gap some.
    vinceent1 said:

megalol on this thread, your guild has meeting right now right?

only result will be you will have competitive matches eoa vs rebels several times day, when it pops and thats it. if this thread is serious, you are even more silly than i thought. is it worth it make balancing changes for around 40 people then? lol

i just wish pvp come into emergency mode, only solo que until population grow enough

maybe cryptic do nothing, but they dont do this for sure))))

Thanks again, vinceent1, for your contribution. I'm still not sure what exact issue you have with the suggestions above. Is it putting PVP AD reward behind a winning filter? That was a minor suggestion, tertiary to my primary points regarding adding more ways to (1) gain the 400 daily influence and (2) remove/replace glory+conq shards and add a glory-to-voucher vendor. I'd be glad to go into my rationale, but I fear this would take away from the primary point of this thread.

If cryptic did this, the people currently forced to pvp would stop pvping, and those forced to pve would have time to pvp. PVP queue times would be fine, as people who actually want to PVP wouldn't have to spend hours every day PVEing (and eventually quiting the game). It's a win-win for all involved.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    ok i agree with all except that winning double and lose no reward. number of players playing pvp is so small (and not because they are forced to pve), so that means guilds get double reward everytime and pugs get zero rewards even if they spend all evening at pvp. how can you seriously suggested something like this is beyond me. you probably do 100% premade and dont know the situation so listen what i and others trying to said to you. Guilds makes pvp only for geared folks with premade but i doubt it was meant to be that way and only cryptic was too lazy to address it. I wanna spend more time at pvp than pve too but if you remove even that little reward that is in pvp, it will not work if i consider my time spent. wake up, pvp here was not build for premades guilds glory, but for fun when you are tired from pve

at least have a decency to support suggestion - no ad at domination, but let ad for gg. so you can have your bis playground unspoiled

every game mode need reward for prosper and grow

or you want newbie pvpers go pve for rewards?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    vinceent1 said:

ok i agree with all except that winning double and lose no reward.

at least have a decency to support suggestion - no ad at domination, but let ad for gg. so you can have your bis playground unspoiled

Sure, that seems reasonable. The AD reward in PVP isn't my primary concern. Additional ways for players to get stuff to donate to the coffer is my concern. I do feel strongly that the influence suggestion above should require winning in gg, domination, or siege. In PVE, we don't get influence for failing a heroic encounter. Same should apply in PVP.

Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    i am sure any developer, when see a sentence " no reward at pvp" will stop reading that suggestion
  • Options
    vinceent1 said:

i am sure any developer, when see a sentence " no reward at pvp" will stop reading that suggestion

I assume you are still referring to one line buried in the middle of my original post. "I'd also suggest doubling the AD reward, but give no AD on a loss. " There would still be a reward for losing in pvp. Namely, glory. With the addition of a glory-vendor that trades vouchers, pvp will still be rewarding.

In any case, I'm really trying to move this thread back on topic. It's not about AD reward from PVP.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    ye but its so hilarious, that you cant miss it :D

we will see after maintenance, fighting over that precious glory

that influence change should be reasonable, but conqueror shards really depend on how well cryptic can sell that stronghold coffers at zen market to pveers. maybe its golden goose now
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Pros
    I like more influence, from whatever source it may be. PVP wins, or different dailies. I can't do those HE's anymore.

Beasts/Devils/Lakesupply/Docksupply every day is ridiculous. =P

I like Glory being able to buy a variety of vouchers.

I like more AD.

Cons
    Hmmm.. Using glory as a currency might bring PVP bots back.

Getting +100 glory per kill, 50 per assist would be a counter to that. As long as real players can out-earn bots I have no problem.

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    The glory:voucher vendor could bring bots back, but consider 2 things:

(1) vouchers aren't ad. They are char bound and only useful in a guild coffer.

(2) can already exchange glory for surplus equipment, and we don't see bots doing this much .
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It's absurd that Influence can only be obtained from SH HEs. The currency should be moved to be available from HEs in the game. Players have their own preferences when it comes to HEs. Some like to run the ones in DR, others in IWD, while I prefer WoD. Limiting it to just SH, where many players have performance issues (fps/lag/whatever), is plain silly and needs to be changed sooner rather than later. @strumslinger maybe this can be passed on to the powers-that-be to consider please?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Frankly, I don't see a need to increase the options to farm influence. It takes 20 minutes if you solo it. 10 if you -oh my, how dare I suggest such a thing- do it in a group.

Orly? Are you not aware that Influence is the number 1 bottleneck for almost every single guild in this game trying to progress their SH?

But my point was really that we shouldn't be forced to go to SH for our Influence. Variety is the spice of life don't you know...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,115 Arc User
    Influence is easy. Get your guild members to run stronghold HE's on all their characters. 400/day easy. Conqueror shards not so much for those that don't/won't PvP. 10 or so every 5 days isn't enough.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Influence is easy. Get your guild members to run stronghold HE's on all their characters. 400/day easy.

I'd rather progress the stronghold at glacier pace than force people to do something they don't feel like doing. They run them voluntarily sometimes, and that's going to have to suffice if the devs won't provide other options on a permanent basis.

If I can't run SH HEs every #$^%&# day without wanting to jam spoons into my eye sockets, I won't ask it of anyone else.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    It is easy to get influence from SH HEs... and there is no real need to augment this

More folks need to be encouraged to run PVP... soooo

I think things are good as is...

What a shock

Urlord
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    it would be best to keep earning influence to a stronghold map activity only. But they could remove the daily cap completely and change the amount gained per HE something like 100 per epic encounter, 60 per medium and 30 for smaller ones.
  • Options

lirithiel said:

Frankly, I don't see a need to increase the options to farm influence. It takes 20 minutes if you solo it. 10 if you -oh my, how dare I suggest such a thing- do it in a group.

Orly? Are you not aware that Influence is the number 1 bottleneck for almost every single guild in this game trying to progress their SH?
    We were discussing options. not increasing the amount of influence you can get. Seems like you misinterpreted my post.
    And yes. Variety is the spice etc... But seriously. We're talking about a 20min task here. Not a replacement for the old CN dungeon that took over 40 minutes of hard work. There's more important changes that need to be made to this game than toying with a simple 20 min task.
    I think you underestimate the significance of this. For some, 20 minutes is 1/3 of their time in game. Do you think pvp players are motivated to spend 1/3 of their game-time doing 20 minutes of mindless no-fun heroic encounters? No, they won't even log in. That's what I've seen. And those that do log in end up not Pvping because they have to do PVE all the time. Those that do these heroic encounters end up having to do far more than those that don't in order to progress the stronghold. We have people doing influence on 5 - 15 toons every day. Suddenly that 20 minutes is hours, hours for people who only want to play this game to PVP with friends.

It's extremely damaging to the PVP playerbase to force daily PVE in this format. These 2 suggestions are simple in nature: stem the playerbase loss by rewarding players (PVE and PVP) for playing the game the way they want. Don't force PVE players to PVP, and don't force PVP players to PVE. It's a simple, powerful solution, and would directly impact the answer to the everyday question "Should I log in today or do something else?".

Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    In my guild Conqueror's Shards are garnered by 3, maybe 4 members of the guild regularly.

Influence is regularly obtained by any guild member.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

In my guild Conqueror's Shards are garnered by 3, maybe 4 members of the guild regularly.

Influence is regularly obtained by any guild member.

Exactly why the suggestions above help PVE (conq shard, glory) and PVP (influence) players. Balanced suggestions that improve quality of life for everyone.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    Anything worthwhile is worth taking the time to do. beckylunatic points out she doesn't like running HE's in the stronghold map, so gathering Influence isn't worth her time. I don't like doing PvP, so gathering Conq shards isn't worth my time. The balance comes in when you find people to join your guild that don't mind doing one or the other of whatever is needed.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Anything worthwhile is worth taking the time to do. beckylunatic points out she doesn't like running HE's in the stronghold map, so gathering Influence isn't worth her time. I don't like doing PvP, so gathering Conq shards isn't worth my time. The balance comes in when you find people to join your guild that don't mind doing one or the other of whatever is needed.

That's one way to do it. The other is to offer alternatives and allow guilds to specialize and focus on what they want to be, rather than all guilds being a hodgepodge of interests. That's what the suggestions above create: flexibility. Frankly, it amazes me that there is any aversion to this at all from any player, as it only helps and doesn't limit any single guild or player.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark