test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Protection spec Pally nerfed into the ground

RIP Perma Bubble

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Did you read the reasons why this was done, though? I think Amenar did a good job laying out the reasons why the decision was made and the choices they were mulling over.

Bubble wasn't meant to be a "lol, ignore all damage" sort of thing, but an "oh HAMSTER" button to save your party in a pinch. That's not "nerfing it into the ground" but rather "bringing it into balance".
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    As a GF I say that I really feel sorry for you guys.

What day is today again? ;)
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    well perma bubble is still working as of now
  • engineerofevilengineerofevil Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    How do you justify nerfing Protection by 70%? Most people want a nerf to this class or that class, but always never discussing balance or the repercussions. Then they turn around and buff the GF, he is already a force in PVP, this is crazy.

Is there a detailed explanation why they nerfed it into the ground, the class is almost useless now. They could of least gave the Palidin some more dps to offset this.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Yeah wait till they implement their dastardly plan, you folks better learn to dodge! Lol

I never unlearned how to dodge!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    It's really not class balance if you nuke nerf one class and allow the other to reign supreme with zero objection.
  • sleepy725sleepy725 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    What did they do to the prot Pali ?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,135 Arc User
    They need to buff up the DPS of the paladin then to compensate.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    * I think most people saw this coming. OP tanking was just too good. While they have nerfed the permabubble ability hard, the OPs should have other tools in their toolbox to tank, so it is hard to tell how good or bad the OP will be until the players get used to loading and using other skills.
    * This probably is just the first change of many. GWF dps needs looking into for example, but it makes sense to bring the Lostmauth set under control before they adjust the GWF. Once the Lostmauth changes are in, they can look at parses and see if GWF performance is where they want it to be.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    You will find another way to be a tank in content. Seriously, the entire bulwark feat tree is basically untested and unused. That might change for protectors now.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

You will find another way to be a tank in content. Seriously, the entire bulwark feat tree is basically untested and unused. That might change for protectors now.

Sure lets put some bulwark pals and some Gfs in lfg channel and see who gets the groups... oh and btw the nerfed pals overall dps and buffed Gfs just to give that little push over the cliffs for the sake of it.....
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    @engineerofevil

Maybe its because this morning against Orcus, with a bubble pally I was able to spend 30 secs mid fight changing my loadout without any concern for getting scratched (I'm a GF by the way, so I was right next to the pig demon), hell I could have gone for a coffee and come back and continued on. That's not how the game is supposed to be played.

It needed fixing, it is so boring when you can't be damaged at all and it's turned half of the community into pussies.

@marnival

Well, we GF's have had to suck it up since the god mode Pally came into the game, perhaps now its the Pally's turn to suck it up for a while, although personally I'd just prefer both classes to be balanced and neither be preferred over the other. Wasn't so long ago when, on spawning for the first time, I was asked to leave CN because I wasn't an OP, I bet most non mega-guild affiliated GF's out there have similar stories.

• flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    If anything, paladin's aren't being nerfed enough. The class should never have been released, especially in such a manner they made all the content more brainless than playing GWF.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    Pally needed such a big nerf because the class was that much too strong.
    Recently I've decided to play a bit my lvled mostly by leadership op and I was shocked how unkillable he was. And 1.had very vague idea what should I do with him, 2. he was lvl 63 or so and still wearing lvl 20+ gear.
    And yeah, I only did some rather easy pve, but I played the same content on every class, therefore I can compare. In other words, all "booo, they nerfed it to the ground, I'm uninstalling the game" ppl: l2p.
  • casey0267casey0267 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    I truly wish the devs would take the time to balance all of the classes together (even if it takes another 6 months) because all they ever do is fix 1 or 2, then make that change live, then eventually get to another 1 or 2 and by that time the 1st couple are unplayable and it takes them over a year to (possibly?, maybe?) fix what they broke by implementing the balancing they intended originally. Since I have started this game, I have parked my SW, GF, HR and avoid some quests on my TR due to previous "balancing", I still play my GWF, OP and TR (only on certain quests), and luckily have been too busy doing SH stuff to miss my non playable characters. Until last week I never even knew what a "bubble OP" was lol. Maybe I play and build my characters differently because I am an "old school console/PC RPG player" and with that I expect classes that aren't using a big sword, shield or metal armor to not be as strong, hit as hard or take as much abuse as the "warrior style classes". Since I don't use the "bubble", my OP has died quickly at times and I just pick myself up, take an injury kit (or a few), drink some potion and move on....if it's too hard I stay away for a few weeks and build myself up some more and I have done this with my GWF and all of my other classes too, but then again I play for fun NOT to be "the best" overall.

I guess all I am trying to say is if the devs would slow down, listen to both types of players (PVE/PVP), and implement the changes as a whole, maybe, just maybe, the classes would balance "together" instead of always being on complete opposite ends of the spectrum, but then again, with all of the complaining from both types of players, it might just not matter because within a few months (if that long) there will be players complaining because a leather clad, magic using, bow or knife wielding class isn't equal to a metal armored, stronger (and bigger weapon) using one is......and we will be right back to where we are right now, another chapter of "As Neverwinter Turns" LOL
  • x30flokix30floki Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Nerfing the bubble is one thing (one, that had to be done). But it is not just the bubble, they nerf even more and kill the Protection Path... Seems like again Balancing means Killing...
    So, when do they finally nerf the SW puppy? When do they finally nerf the GF? It's supposed to be a tank, but more and more GFs are "buff bit***s".
    What once was the lazy Combo of Bubble and Haste now is the extremly overpowered Combo of Buff-Twins with GF and Buff DC.
    U could have nerfed the Bubble. U could have given the Pala more ways to support and tank. And u could finally fix some Bugs. Well, of course u don't. U just kill what people play for severeal months and hundreds of hours. U just dont make Pala players look for other ways to play their char (well, there are some!!), u just rip the pala apart.

But hey, I am used to it. Hellbringer sw, cw, trade bar store.
  • boltzmann42boltzmann42 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Been so long there was no balance that I'm not against a BIG nerf/something. Y'know to change thing, give a kick to everyone. Will be fun. Perma-bubble paladin had it coming and the class will still be strong (probably not in the same meta) 100% with the devs on this
    Monsieur Seekan, Guild leader - Légende Obscure
    mEpSQi4.jpg
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    There are really people who are surprised that the bubble got nerved? This decision was past due.
    I am especially happy that there _are_ balancing changes at all.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    marnival said:

Sure lets put some bulwark pals and some Gfs in lfg channel and see who gets the groups... oh and btw the nerfed pals overall dps and buffed Gfs just to give that little push over the cliffs for the sake of it.....
    They buffed the GF's at-wills with no mention of encounter changes, this means only one thing, GF encounters are changing, when you rage switch to a dps class and complain GF's can't give you the dps boost you need to complete content you'll know where you saw the writing first.